Forum › Roundabout discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

The fact that Chiharu does not remember the name of a person whom she supposedly loved and dated is to me enough proof that she really was treating Asami as a play thing.

Idk m8, highschool.
It's only been like 3 years for me, and I found myself forgetting one or two girls I had crushes on.
I'm sure that in 4 years, the memory of them will become even blurrier.
Since she was gonna move and didn't expect to see her again, she coped and moved on by not wallowing on the memory too much, you know?
7 years is a long time.
And when you're older, high school memories do seem very banal.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

The fact that Chiharu does not remember the name of a person whom she supposedly loved and dated is to me enough proof that she really was treating Asami as a play thing.

Idk m8, highschool.
It's only been like 3 years for me, and I found myself forgetting one or two girls I had crushes on.
I'm sure that in 4 years, the memory of them will become even blurrier.
Since she was gonna move and didn't expect to see her again, she coped and moved on by not wallowing on the memory too much, you know?
7 years is a long time.
And when you're older, high school memories do seem very banal.

But you did not have a relationship with the two, right? no wonder you hardly remember the two, but those two were a “pair”, did you forget one of your relationships?

Sry for my bad english ( aber auf Grund deines nicknamen, hätte ich wohl auch auf deutsch schreiben können?)

002%20-%20acchi%20kocchi%20-%20tsumiki%20miniwa
joined Mar 20, 2017

To many skeletons in Chiharus closet, which makes her more interesting but too fishy for my taste. And Asami really went all in with her revenge plot.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Mmmmm , I dunno. Forgetting The name of The person that was her "first and unique" love is kind of....

last edited at Jul 23, 2017 10:22PM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017
  • Hehe... nice one! It was a little bit off-putting to forget, right? But taking the cue from bright and cheery amnesia, quite possible.
  • How the character developed unlikely in that direction is a turned off in some personal taste but still, it is there.
  • Oono usually gives up easily, so finding and appeasing Asami is a big step.
  • The cheating? I'm not sure about this. Oono has a honeyed-lips. So she can easily swooned girls. But to cheat is a different thing.
  • Whether it is before or now, the problem will still be there considering how popular Oono was. Can a highschooler really date 5 people at the same period of time in the same school? Damn... if that is the case, Oono is one heck of a talented player. On the other hand, if Asami chose to continue, she must learn how to trust.
Cat
joined Jan 21, 2015

Chiharu is such a scumbag...assert yourself Asami!!!

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

Hmmmm..really fishy..and her expression kinda creeps me out..and also, keeps on saying/insisting about getting together forever like nothing happened..hmmmm

joined Aug 23, 2018

Definitely put me in the group that doesn't see this as a happy ending. Chiharu definitely has player written all over her, and the sad thing is Asami probably deep down knows it but can't help herself cause Chiharu is her lost long love, I wonder how many "Asami" she's left behind with broken hearts. For Chiharu it was probably a challenge for her to overcome to get Asami back, more a ego thing then out of love. Interesting read but definitely not a happy ending for Asami, years of heartache are coming her way.

last edited at Dec 9, 2018 12:48PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Definitely put me in the group that doesn't see this as a happy ending. Chiharu definitely has player written all over her, and the sad thing is Asami probably deep down knows it but can't help herself cause Chiharu is her lost long love, I wonder how many "Asami" she's left behind with broken hearts. For Chiharu it was probably a challenge for her to overcome to get Asami back, more a ego thing then out of love. Interesting read but definitely not a happy ending for Asami, years of heartache are coming her way.

Considering Asami is quite insane herself, the two of them go well together, I would say. In fact, personally, I find players to be more comfortable to be around with than people like Asami, who are certifiably not right in the head.

joined Mar 12, 2019

i love otsu hiyori && all of his work XD ♥ keep it up broo XD

Wow I didnt really think of her as him. God I'm terrible

If she is he, then Mangaupdate has it all wrong lol

http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=6876

I think Otsu is a girl. Her name is really girlish and she writes like a girl too. So that's why i'm gonna believe she's a girl! :D

She IS a girl. She draws herself in chibi mode sometimes as a bird, and the hair and face are totally that of a female.

joined Mar 12, 2019

If I were Asami, I would have never come outside to see Chiharu and cut her off completely. Because that bitch deserved the revenge. I fucking hate people like Chiharu, being dirty ass players who don’t fucking care about their partners’ feelings. The fact that she forgot her name, her face, and her as a person entirely shows that she did not care about her at all. And I am pretty sure that shithead will pull that trick again once she finds some other tramp to play with.

However, Asami is a dumb bitch. She should have kept her fucking job and just moved to a different home (and without telling her friends lmao... because that’s how Chiharu found out). Are you an idiot??? Why go through job applications again to get over a stupid bitch who did wrong to you?

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 1:23AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

^Coz she wanted to completely disappear like Chiharu during HS? If she would have kept her job, she would still meet Chiharu at the office.

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 8:17AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think Asami did the right thing - she showed Chiiharu she matters. She was treated like she didn't and getting over that feeling was worth a sacrifice. I do think Chiharu will hurt her again - she didn't apologize and that's a terrible sign. She's still in womanizer mode.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Whatever Chiharu was a player or not is unclear, but I think what we're supposed to take from it, is that whatever kind of person she was before, she changed and now she only sees Asami. Sure she might really just played around with Asami before and once she remembered her, she lied to her, but I think that's kinda the point. She might not be innocent, but they're happy together now, so who cares about past as long as Asami can forgive her.

Marion Diabolito posted:

I do think Chiharu will hurt her again - she didn't apologize and that's a terrible sign.

She did though.

Also if she wasn't serious about Asami now, she would ditch her instead of tracking her down and then keep waiting outside of her apartment days on end. Especially in rain without umbrella. I just can't see it as some elaborate plan to appeal to her emotions. In high school maybe, but not as a adult.

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 8:41AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yeah, I mean you only up and completely disappeared on her without any warning making her question if her relationship with you ever even meant anything in the first place. But shame on her for believing the rumors she started hearing after you left due to her questioning how well she knew you.

joined Sep 6, 2015

The people here never cease to amaze me with such blinding selectiveness when interpreting these two characters. I agree Chiharu probably was/is a player, and the rumours probably were true, the ending kind of hints towards it. Was it scummy what she did? Absolutely. But Asami is just as bad, if not worse. She worked hard, and presumably long to get Chiharu to date her, she had deliberately engineered a relationship with someone whom she hated, with the intent of leaving them from the get-go. She then quit her job and moved away to complete her plan. I see people here saying that "she did the right thing", and that she had to quit her job because Chiharu was working at the same company. Like, are you people serious? She could have just dumped her without uprooting herself from everything else, which is what a normal person would do. In fact, a normal person would not deliberately date someone they loathe just to dump them and thus get a revenge for a failed high school romance from seven years ago to begin with. Compared with that, a cheating player like Chiharu looks positively mundane.

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 11:23AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins posted:

But Asami is just as bad, if not worse. She worked hard, and presumably long to get Chiharu to date her, she had deliberately engineered a relationship with someone whom she hated, with the intent of leaving them from the get-go. She then quit her job and moved away to complete her plan. I see people here saying that "she did the right thing", and that she had to quit her job because Chiharu was working at the same company. Like, are you people serious? She could have just dumped her without uprooting herself from everything else, which is what a normal person would do. In fact, a normal person would not deliberately date someone they loathe just to dump them and thus get a revenge for a failed high school romance from seven years ago to begin with. Compared with that, a cheating player like Chiharu looks positively mundane.

Hence the tittle of the story. The way she dealt with her broken heart was roundabout. And yea it was completely silly, petty and waste of her time and life.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm pretty sure that Chiharu wasn't fooling around with a bunch of other girls. Her reaction of not knowing what Asami is talking about at the accusation of having four other lovers seems like genuine puzzlement. Now she did screw up badly in leaving without a word and forgetting about her, which is consistent with the "gives up on things easily" part. That's totally on her and certainly enough to justify not starting a whole new relationship with her, for revenge or not.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nezchan posted:

which is consistent with the "gives up on things easily" part. That's totally on her and certainly enough to justify not starting a whole new relationship with her, for revenge or not.

And her tracking her down and not going back until Asami agreed to talk with her is supposed to show that she is very serious now and won't give up on Asami easily.

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 12:32PM

joined Sep 6, 2015

Nez
This page has me thinking she probably was fooling around with others. "Well, what does the past matter, anyway? You're the only one in my heart now." Granted, it is not an explicit confirmation, hence my phrasing that the ending "kind of hints towards it".

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nez
This page has me thinking she probably was fooling around with others. "Well, what does the past matter, anyway? You're the only one in my heart now." Granted, it is not an explicit confirmation, hence my phrasing that the ending "kind of hints towards it".

Yea. It's only scene that doesn't let you interpret Chiharu as completely innocent and adds a bit of a doubt to her words.

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 12:38PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez

Yea. It's only scene that doesn't let you interpret Chiharu as completely innocent and adds a bit of a doubt to her words.

Although it doesn't damn her either, since she could easily be just getting off the hook for the leaving/forgetting part, which is still pretty awful of her.

joined Nov 2, 2015

Every year I re-read this oneshot and still love it like the first time. Let make a few things clear:

Chiharu cheated on Asami in high school. 1) She didn't remember Asami's name. Full name. A few years might be enough to forget your high school crushes, but not someone you used to DATE, especially not when you have both their surname and first name in front of you. That only happens if you were going through girl after girl. 2) Chiharu swiftly brushed off Asami's hurt by saying 'does it matter?' Of course it mattered, or else she wouldn't have gone as far as quitting job and moving house just to revenge. Also nobody would say that vague blame-shifting sentence right after denying the cheating ("You believed the rumour that I cheated?" - normal people would reconfirm that "I did not cheat on you", only cheaters would go "Does it matter even if I cheated?")

Chiharu might have changed now. Like Asami's observation, Chiharu wasn't somebody who would stick to things, so the fact that she now chased after Asami through a rainy night might signify that she's serious about this relationship now. However, frankly speaking, just sitting outside in the rain in one night is not a long enough challenge for an adult playgirl. If Chiharu had been persistent for a month then I'd be more convinced. Asami gave in too quickly.

I sympathize with Asami's revenge. Do I think it's silly? Yes. But only because it's harming HER more than it harmed Chiharu. Come on, quitting jobs and moving houses is a financial hit for nothing, because 2 months of dating isn't enough to make Chiharu heartbreak that much. But while I oppose the method, I support Asami's desire to revenge, that's something players and cheaters deserve. Asami was scared off of relationships for 7 years after that stunt, so Chiharu had better paid for it. Asami should have done something smarter like becoming a close friend then interfering with Chiharu's career or love life.

Asami had never stopped loving Chiharu. That's why she chose such a self-defeating method to revenge, she simply couldn't hurt Chiharu other than planning a small heartbreak. That's why a week after moving, she still felt depressed - Asami was experiencing the heartbreak that was supposed to be for Chiharu. So I don't blame her for getting back to Chiharu even amidst all the doubts. Sometimes you just gotta enjoy what you really desire.

Lastly, the aim of this story is to make the readers just as uneasy as Asami is towards Chiharu. Was Chiharu a player or was she innocent? Is Chiharu faithful now or still a womanizer with advanced skills? It did very well in showing us how life sometimes is that complicated, you can't always know whether something is a lie or not, and you can't always discard "suspicious people" if they're the only one you're attracted to. That is an amazing idea of a story.

last edited at Jul 4, 2019 10:26PM

Anna Liebert
N22
joined Jun 6, 2020

IDK why but I wanted her to get a full revenge on her. I really don't trust Chiharu.

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

Not a healthy story from this mangaka again.
'Does the past matter, anyway'? What a douchebag. -_-

To reply you must either login or sign up.