Forum › Roundabout discussion

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

There's mistake on page 18, or i think so... There's "You were the one who up and disappeared" Who up? :D

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

It's an actual phrase.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I can also attest that it is a widely used phrase.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I think there's missing an "got" .. Like "who got up". But whatever, i don't think it's worth re-uploading.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think there's missing an "got" .. Like "who got up". But whatever, i don't think it's worth re-uploading.

No, it's a phrase in colloquial speech. There is no "got". Google it, or something.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

No, it's a phrase in colloquial speech. There is no "got". Google it, or something.

Daamn, really? I guess i got worse in english :D (Not like i'm surprised - -')

joined Jun 9, 2012

Wait...am I the only one confused? So...was Chiharu cheating? I'm sorry. I'm really bad at reading between the lines ><

joined Nov 11, 2010

If you're referring to whether Chiharu was dating other girls back then, then yeah, I'm pretty sure she was. The story was pretty consistent in portraying Chiharu as a pretty flippant, self-convenient person. Her relationship with Asami back then, at least, was just Chiharu playing around.

All the same, maybe the relationship will still turn out okay? Chiharu was pretty stubborn about chasing down Asami, the question is moreso if she'd stay loyal. In any case, Asami does seem pretty stuck on Chiharu too so I won't criticize the ending relationship.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

I think the message at the end is basically "who cares." Because it really doesn't matter. It is interesting though that in every discussion about this oneshot I've read, it's always her fidelity called into question based on something she may have done 7 years ago as a teenager. So what if she cheated on her back then, that doesn't say anything about her as a person now.

Asami on the other hand concocts this elaborate revenge scheme about dating someone she despises, giving up her job, moving away - all just to get some comeuppance for being dumped in high school? That's insane. That Chiharu sticks around after learning that speaks for itself.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Haha, yeah, Asami's 'revenge plot' was pretty far out but I'd almost call the way she sprung it on Chiharu cute rather than insane. In a way, it just showed all the more how bad Asami had it for Chiharu. I can totally get why Chiharu'd still be charmed/interested.

All in all, I agree that whatever the questions to Chiharu's character, I always did read this one shot as a happy ending. I just didn't want to cover up the fact that Chiharu's smooth way of getting back in with Asami totally reminded me of the charms of a playboy.

Heart-broken-bandage-al
joined Feb 1, 2013

i love otsu hiyori && all of his work XD ♥ keep it up broo XD

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Wow I didnt really think of her as him. God I'm terrible

joined Sep 14, 2011

If she is he, then Mangaupdate has it all wrong lol

http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=6876

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

If she is he, then Mangaupdate has it all wrong lol

http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=6876

I think Otsu is a girl. Her name is really girlish and she writes like a girl too. So that's why i'm gonna believe she's a girl! :D

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

... I think Otsu is also a female. Judging by how one of "her" friends said "she" was like Yamamoto-sensei here: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/aqua_blue_cinema_after_screening_a_light_blue_cinema#22 I'd say it's probably a "she". But Otsu says "she's" also a wimp and acts like an old man, so ... yep.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Aw. Asami shouldn't tell Otsu about quitting the job at all. Or at least she should have left Otsu in the rain and wait for her death from illness.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

oh :O this complement thing for the oneshot is getting depressing.

i'm looking forward to her next yuri work still.

1601250_616972315022934_29970074_n
joined Dec 30, 2013

The name Otsu Hiyori kinda reminds me of an idol. o..0
This was a good read though.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

"Don't you think it's incredible I fell in love with you twice, not knowing you were the same person?"

Chiharu is such a smooth operator.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I came out of this not liking Chiharu. While who she was before does not apply to who she is now, Asami was still hurt and it's a painful memory for her and so that can't simply be forgotten. I can sorta believe Chiharu really loves Asami now, but I feel if she did she wouldn't say "what does it matter." If she did it, she should apologize, and then tell Asami how much she loves her and wants to be with her forever. Saying it doesn't matter makes it seem like you don't really care. It happened, at least acknowledge it. Ugh, I dislike Chiharu even more the more I think about it.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

"Don't you think it's incredible I fell in love with you twice, not knowing you were the same person?"
A sentence that would actually send me to my grave :v anyways, I actually love this, even with its aaaaangst, still ended a happy ending too :3

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

I like the feeling of unease we get at the end of the story. We never know for sure if Chiharu is telling the truth and that helps us relate with Asami, which is why we can accept in part her insane "revenge". I like to think they lived happily ever after. I think that because they are both willing to go to such extreme lengths. Asami to get over her love that has haunted her for years, and Chiharu to hold together the love she just found/rediscovered.

The fact that Chiharu does not remember the name of a person whom she supposedly loved and dated is to me enough proof that she really was treating Asami as a play thing. I'd also assume that she truly was dating other girls. This wasn't someone Chiharu knew for 5 minutes or a weekend, she dated Asami outright. You don't really forget that unless you truly are going from girl to girl, you didn't really think of the other person, or you have a horrendous memory which Chiharu doesn't come off as that type of person.

I don't care for them to have gotten back together, and for Asami to come up with such a plot to get revenge spells out a story of dependence and obsession rather than a healthy romance.

last edited at May 15, 2015 12:14PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This is probably my least favourite Otsu Hiyori story. Still well done, but I'd rather read any of her other stuff. So I'll go do that now.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

This is probably my least favourite Otsu Hiyori story. Still well done, but I'd rather read any of her other stuff. So I'll go do that now.

Really? this is one of my favourites, I think. I want to fist bump the player girl.

To reply you must either login or sign up.