Forum › Sunshine & Bright Stars discussion

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Argh, when people upload these oversized webtoons without cutting them up, I just want to climb up into a bell tower with a box of hand grenades.

Having every page jump in size so that I constantly have to resize the view on my monitor is very much the dictionary definition of a crime against humanity. I only can hope that the robot apocalypse comes soon and all of humanity is wiped out so that no one will ever have to put up with this sort of abomination ever again.

Hehe, same. This is a cool one though, wish there were more chapters.

I'd rather have them in one long strip. It's distracting to me when they cut them and I see the edges of the next panel. At least we have the handy "Resize" button so you don't actually have to zoom in and out.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I don't understand the beginning... she goes to some music event concert randomly looking for a dancer to teach her and then she sees a women kicking a can and she think of course this is a dance expert...

joined Jan 22, 2015

I don't understand the beginning... she goes to some music event concert randomly looking for a dancer to teach her and then she sees a women kicking a can and she think of course this is a dance expert...

Kinda hard to show fluid motion in a comic. Just pretend she did it extremely gracefully.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

she goes to some music event concert randomly looking for a dancer to teach her and then she sees a women kicking a can and she think of course this is a dance expert...

Yeah, the plot here seems kind of forced. Deflecting an airborne beer can and kicking it into the trash sounds more like football or hackey sack than dancing. Trust me when I say it's very possible to be a good soccer player, kick-ass hackey sacker, and awful at dancing all at the same time.

Instead of jumping straight from that to "Oh, she must be an amazing dancer," it would've been less jarring and more believable to have that simply pique the protagonist's (and the reader's) interest in Ming, and then lead that increased attention into a second event that more explicitly and dramatically reveals her dancing skill.

Kinda hard to show fluid motion in a comic. Just pretend she did it extremely gracefully.

The hallmark of a skilled craftsman (be it a painter, a draftsman, a musician, a photographer, even an athlete or laborer) is the ability to take something difficult and making it look easy.

Even before that, to be a competent artist you need to convey your ideas at least somewhat clearly through the medium you're utilizing. The text here talks about the characters moving and dancing in certain ways (gracefully or otherwise), but the drawings fail to communicate it.

The art is good, but it has some seriously rough edges. Between that and the stilted writing, I'm having trouble staying motivated to read through all of the chapters here (I'm up to chapter 7 or something).

last edited at Jul 21, 2016 11:57AM

Korrasami-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-30972763-500-326
joined Aug 22, 2014

I love this....I keep re-reading it!!

joined Jul 31, 2013

she goes to some music event concert randomly looking for a dancer to teach her and then she sees a women kicking a can and she think of course this is a dance expert...

Yeah, the plot here seems kind of forced. Deflecting an airborne beer can and kicking it into the trash sounds more like football or hackey sack than dancing. Trust me when I say it's very possible to be a good soccer player, kick-ass hackey sacker, and awful at dancing all at the same time.

Instead of jumping straight from that to "Oh, she must be an amazing dancer," it would've been less jarring and more believable to have that simply pique the protagonist's (and the reader's) interest in Ming, and then lead that increased attention into a second event that more explicitly and dramatically reveals her dancing skill.

The hallmark of a skilled craftsman (be it a painter, a draftsman, a musician, a photographer, even an athlete or laborer) is the ability to take something difficult and making it look easy.

Even before that, to be a competent artist you need to convey your ideas at least somewhat clearly through the medium you're utilizing. The text here talks about the characters moving and dancing in certain ways (gracefully or otherwise), but the drawings fail to communicate it.

The art is good, but it has some seriously rough edges. Between that and the stilted writing, I'm having trouble staying motivated to read through all of the chapters here (I'm up to chapter 7 or something).

Bro, no one has a gun to your head.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well anyway I'm thinking that may be partly luck. Like she saw this girl and what she was thinking deep down was "This chick mesmerizes me I must have an excuse to get closer" and then she thought "She's so graceful! My need to get closer tells me she's a dancer!" and then it turned out she actually was, yo.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Bro, no one has a gun to your head.

They're my feelings on the story so far, some of which are critical. You can take it or leave it. Before you start with the tired old "If you hate it so much, don't read it" canard, I don't hate it. I actually like certain things about the story, but there are a lot of things that are keeping me from liking it more.

TL;DR I'm being a hoity-toity yuri critic and you can't stop me!

last edited at Jul 21, 2016 12:20PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

You got all wet for me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And erm... the flow of the story is really weird/badly done.

last edited at Jul 21, 2016 1:37PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

wow, the first 1-2 chapters were so bad, almost dropped it. Really rough beginning.
But its fine later on.

(Is this a yaoi artist too?)

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

With the way they draw everyone I'm going to assume yes though I have to say they are a lot less talented in the art department than Tanjiu, it's not bad it's just Their Story looks a lot better and I cant help but compare.

35c990f6-7c27-4620-972d-5aaee310af25-15976-00000b53e4662256
joined Jun 6, 2016

wow, the first 1-2 chapters were so bad, almost dropped it. Really rough beginning.
But its fine later on.

Agreed, but still there are parts that are still kinda meh for me
But still I'll keep reading to see how this goes

Obnoxious%20vi
joined May 27, 2015

I like the art, that's about it. The character's all seem a bit off and the story is all over the place.

joined Mar 25, 2013

There naturally has to be that guy xD Oh well. We'll see how it develops.

joined Jan 4, 2014

nice read, but storywise I don't get it... what is happening?

Think "Their Story", only this time it's the pretty blond girl doing the pursuing and the tall dark haired one with the issues... Still, not a bad read. :)

Sleater-kinney-14
joined Jul 5, 2016

I read up to chapter 51 for this manga in Spanish and now I get to read it in English yay!! I can finally understand it better^0^/

Can you tell me where you find the Spanish version? :)

I am already in love with this story...but just hoping there will be an ending for this one u.u

Sure! here's the link mangasubes.wix.com/mangasubes

Sleater-kinney-14
joined Jul 5, 2016

I read up to chapter 51 for this manga in Spanish and now I get to read it in English yay!! I can finally understand it better^0^/

I am already in love with this story...but just hoping there will be an ending for this one u.u

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Reading first chapter: WHAT THE FUCK, how can you punish a student just for shouting once? I mean COME ON there're high school students, when I was in high school it was noisy all the time and it HAS to be that way, what kind of school is that? Military? Is that normal in that country?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I like it a lot and (presumably because any order issues were cleared up) I find it completely understandable. It reminds me of Prism and of the Valentine's Day arc in Maria-sama ga Miteru. I like the puppy love in grade school/reunited in high school stories.

joined Feb 2, 2016

Wow nice reading is interesting
but feel like read something like this before

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

cool story, it does give me 'Their Story' vibes tho
interesting on whats gonna happen next

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

bless it being in spanish too

last edited at Jul 21, 2016 10:36PM

joined Feb 3, 2014

Man. This feels like a weird cross between Tamen de Gushi and "Always Human", that cute little Western yuri comic on Webtoon. Which is kind of a good thing.

:o Not to be totally off-topic, but thank you so much for the reference to "Always Human." First I'd heard of it, and I just archive-binged what's available :)

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Tried to do a bit of reorganizing. With the smaller 2 page updates and the frequent rate at which they're being scanlated, I've tried to organize them a bit by sorting them into bigger collections of chapters.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I love this so far. the art is so pretty

To reply you must either login or sign up.