Forum › Sunshine & Bright Stars discussion

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Argh, when people upload these oversized webtoons without cutting them up, I just want to climb up into a bell tower with a box of hand grenades.

Having every page jump in size so that I constantly have to resize the view on my monitor is very much the dictionary definition of a crime against humanity. I only can hope that the robot apocalypse comes soon and all of humanity is wiped out so that no one will ever have to put up with this sort of abomination ever again.

Hehe, same. This is a cool one though, wish there were more chapters.

I'd rather have them in one long strip. It's distracting to me when they cut them and I see the edges of the next panel. At least we have the handy "Resize" button so you don't actually have to zoom in and out.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!

Hunh. I never noticed that button before. That'll save some grief.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

I guess I'm the only one who liked that The Vamps "Can we dance" was put in for the song http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sunshine_bright_stars_chapters_8_10#5

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Water! Water is spilling toward me!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Man. This feels like a weird cross between Tamen de Gushi and "Always Human", that cute little Western yuri comic on Webtoon. Which is kind of a good thing.

:o Not to be totally off-topic, but thank you so much for the reference to "Always Human." First I'd heard of it, and I just archive-binged what's available :)

At your service. It's sweet, isn't it? There's at least one person around here who has an avatar from it.
Tamen de Gushi is what some places call "Their Story". It really feels to me like what people have been saying about resemblances to that, but with the art and sensibility somewhat like "Always Human".

joined Jun 12, 2015

This series is not bad. I'm enjoying it so far. Looking forward to seeing more of this

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

The actual story here isnt bad if a little overdone, the main problem is the connection between each series of events is poorly constructed.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

im liking this a whole fucking lot, but the pacing seems strange, more like the division between the events isnt done well enough, like the author barely puts a blank panel or SFX and i get a bit confused since its more comprised of multiple short "happenings".
Also i can never figure out the names, i already suck at names, with these foreign ones dont help too. On these last chapters i almost thought the radio guy was the guy that was with the white haired professor (well ill admit their hairs a bit different but their character design is pretty close).
Nevertheless im liking it and i want more! (thank you people for bringing it here)

last edited at Jul 22, 2016 3:46AM

Gumi%203
joined May 7, 2016

Water! Water is spilling toward me!

:I
:0
:O

!!!

joined Jan 16, 2016

Seeing how fast the chapters came out so far:
Is this already completed or still quiet in the middle of all? (seen on how fast new chapters come out)

Started so many series in the last months which then suddenly stopped in the middle and seem to have gone into hiatus... sigh

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Apparently there were text tl ages ago, just someone is bothering to typeset it now. :/

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

Her friend was perfectly OK when she saw two guys in a relationship (the sensei and the band member), but she freaked out when she thought her friend might like a girl?

wtf is wrong with her? good thing she got insta-shut-down when she learned her crush had a gf.

DemacianSentry
Symbol%20small002
joined Aug 26, 2015

Okay...I like it...but,

Took me awhile to figure out they're in China. Or am I still lost?

With what I am assuming is Chinese (and if it isn't fuck this sentence) I hate how the names are so unfamilar and have so many different forms that while I am reading the names blend in like they're talking about a place, or a beverage...or something.

If all that is petty (pretty sure it is if I studied any basic Chinese...I mean the same can be said for the basics of any language) then my last complaint is the only valid one. I mean it's probably me, but...it's still ya know, me. The series is tagged [Read left to right] but sometimes it seems like it's [Read down to up] and then it also becomes [Read right to left] at other times and sometimes it's a combination of two of those ways or a mixture of all three. Maybe I could get some direction here. It's not a bad thing, it just throws off the flow for me.

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Yeah it's Chinese. I suspect Taiwan due to the reference to the tea egg, though.

Either way, my annoyance is that at the beginning, they at least had TL notes for where they'd left Chinese words, but in some later chapters, they don't.

joined Jul 21, 2016

Either way, my annoyance is that at the beginning, they at least had TL notes for where they'd left Chinese words, but in some later chapters, they don't.

Where? I can change that.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

" even the art style changed "

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

Her friend was perfectly OK when she saw two guys in a relationship (the sensei and the band member), but she freaked out when she thought her friend might like a girl?

wtf is wrong with her? good thing she got insta-shut-down when she learned her crush had a gf.

Whats more fucked up is that i think its implied she also comsumes Yaoi material too. But isnt that a common hypocrisy of fujoshi market on japan too?

last edited at Jul 23, 2016 7:26PM

joined Oct 3, 2014

Yeah it's Chinese. I suspect Taiwan due to the reference to the tea egg, though.

Tea eggs originated from Mainland China, I believe. The characters on the cover page are also simplified Chinese.

Cate
joined May 15, 2015

I don't know why, I'm starting to love this series and I need more

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I really hate her friend, maybe it's because i've known people like that in real life but "it's only ok when I like it" is a terrible person to me.

joined Jan 22, 2015

I really hate her friend, maybe it's because i've known people like that in real life but "it's only ok when I like it" is a terrible person to me.

Agreed. Also that brown haired guy needs to die.

Edited because language.

last edited at Jul 24, 2016 12:31AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I find it hard to care for the flashbacks, side characters whom I cannot make myself keep track of who they even are, soap opera drama with the bad guy-douchebag, nor the yaoi. I just end up skipping it all completely.

This would be better if it was about the MCs' current dealings and nothing else.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Whats more fucked up is that i think its implied she also comsumes Yaoi material too. But isnt that a common hypocrisy of fujoshi market on japan too?

Pretty much yeah. In a lot of East Asian cultures same sex relations are only seen as decent if they're what the Japanese would call "Class S" type relationships (where two young people have a same sex relationship, which is viewed as training for "real" heterosexual relations when they get older) or if its for fictional entertainment, leading to this weird mental disconnect where people will fanboy/fangirl over yuri and/or yaoi but freak out in homophobic hysterics at the sight of real world homosexuals.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Here comes the drama, hot and heavy! I'd probably be more upset if it weren't for these really quick updates

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

PFFFFFFFFF dat mini extra with the puppy HAHAHAHAHA

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

PFFFFFFFFF dat mini extra with the puppy HAHAHAHAHA

I can't even count the levels of entendre going on when this is applied to a yuri story...

last edited at Jul 24, 2016 1:34AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.