Forum › Snow & Sunflower discussion

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Human albinos have light blue or gray eyes, not red.

They can have light blue, light grey or violet eyes but are often believed to have red eyes due to blue and grey eyed albino's having such a light iris color that the blood vessels in their eyes are visible through the iris in bright light.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Shameless! That Dynasty would descend to the albinism kink! :)

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Well the art improved. Author's going for romcom rather then drama it seems

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I hope the author dosn't skip the health issues that go with Albinism so it's more than a gimmick. She should have bad eyesight, so have glasses - (that don't fully fix the issues) and always wear sunglasses outside due to photosensitivity etc.

Seems ok so far though.

last edited at Jul 3, 2016 4:00PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

funfact... Snow & Sunflower was her first manga :P 15y+ was created later...

HopeFromYuri
5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh, saw something about this on tumblr this morning! Looks nice.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Oh, saw something about this on tumblr this morning! Looks nice.

It seems my advertisements are working :3

joined May 24, 2014

Dead eyes, ooh dead eyes. Are you just like me?

Bleach_589___giselle_gewelle_alux-d7quz%20(1)
joined Dec 2, 2014

As far as I know the Eyes of an Albino are usualy blue but can have some kind of pinkish layer because of the lack of pigments you can better see how the lacks pigments you can better see how the eyes are supplied with blood, but that's really rare with humans. The myth of red eyes and white hair are because of albino animals, but that's not how albinism on humans looks like. And if she is a complete Albino, she would be probably nearly blind. And yeah, Albino hair are not silver. They are pale blonde. In Caucasian aras, you wouldn't even see if somebody is an albino, because many people there have white skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. They only attract attentions in areas were the majority of people is dark skinned.

last edited at Jul 3, 2016 7:54PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

funfact... Snow & Sunflower was her first manga :P 15y+ was created later...

what happened to her art TT__TT

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

As far as I know the Eyes of an Albino are usualy blue but can have some kind of pinkish layer because of the lack of pigments you can better see how the lacks pigments you can better see how the eyes are supplied with blood, but that's really rare with humans. The myth of red eyes and white hair are because of albino animals, but that's not how albinism on humans looks like. And if she is a complete Albino, she would be probably nearly blind. And yeah, Albino hair are not silver. They are pale blonde. In Caucasian aras, you wouldn't even see if somebody is an albino, because many people there have white skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. They only attract attentions in areas were the majority of people is dark skinned.

No albinos are very noticeable even in area dominated by white people since their skin not the pinkish white of Europeans but pure white, as in no color at all. Their hair likewise isn't light blonde but lacks color. Indeed, if examined closely, albino hair is semi transparent.

In addition, albinos do not necessarily have bad vision by default. Indeed some can see perfectly fine, its just that with a greatly increased risk of of eye disorders resulting in the majority of albinos having some vision related problems, it sometime seems as if all albinos have vision problems. Finally, not all vision related issues albinos suffer from are as debilitating as "near-legally blind" but are are more often things like near or far sightedness or cross eyes, light sensitivity and rapid eye movement. The most universal issue albinos are likely to have is a sensitivity to sunlight. Lacking melanin means they burn fast and easy and as such can't stay out side in direct sunlight for more than short periods of time and can even burn on cloudy or overcast days if they stay out too long. As a result, some albino essentially adopt a nocturnal lifestyle. That being said, almost all potential symptoms albinos may suffer from can be treated or alleviated with proper care, so most get by just fine.

last edited at Jul 3, 2016 9:29PM

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

plot twist : she's a vampire

joined Feb 6, 2016

I can't understand, only me or I'm a stupid? Or maybe the two things, please can someone explain me??

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed by this. I feel like someone threw me right into a story and I have no idea what's going on or who those people are. Also: each page seems hardly connected to the pages around it. A bit like only every second page was uploaded. =/

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed by this. I feel like someone threw me right into a story and I have no idea what's going on or who those people are. Also: each page seems hardly connected to the pages around it. A bit like only every second page was uploaded. =/

1) it's first chapter. First chapters can be little confusing because it's the start of the story.

2) you mean upload about story (like when author uploads) or the way it was uploaded on dynasty xD?

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

1) it's first chapter. First chapters can be little confusing because it's the start of the story.

2) you mean upload about story (like when author uploads) or the way it was uploaded on dynasty xD?

1) yeah, I'm waiting for a few more chapters and then decide whether it's worth reading or if I just drop it. How many chapters are there? Since it's the first work of the artist it should be completed I think.

2) Meant it more like "every second page is missing" since they don't feel connected for me.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

1) yeah, I'm waiting for a few more chapters and then decide whether it's worth reading or if I just drop it. How many chapters are there? Since it's the first work of the artist it should be completed I think.

2) Meant it more like "every second page is missing" since they don't feel connected for me.

1) it's still ongoing. I think now is ch24 or sth like this

2) well you might have feeling they aren't connected because they are like "strips". Every panel after page 4(? too lazy to check) was separate, like every panel ^^" we connected them to upload here.

S
joined Dec 9, 2015

plot twist : she's a vampire

Most likely with the natural smell thing going on. Its almost like Orange Marmalade.

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

Cute story so far, but... She's 1.70 m tall and only weighs 45 kg?? Girl, you really need to eat more O.o
Yeees I know it's just a manga but this really bothered me for some reason lol

Drinks%20cup
joined Feb 9, 2016

I'm really looking forward to this series. Its a breath of fresh air compared to the Drama yuri, which i do enjoy, but seeing something humorous is nice too.

joined Jun 3, 2014

Is there some type of holiday or something on July 7th. Because I've seen many anime character with that same birthday. Fun fact: my birthday is also July 7th.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hum... quite disjointed.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

I have no idea what i was reading about .. First some Rich lady, Then another girl's story pop up?
Not sure if this is supposed to lead up to something or not..Or if i'm missing something here

"I'll just write about this girl and...boooring! NEXT!

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

sorry guys, it missed 2 pages (= = )" I will re-upload it

edit: updated, added p6-7

last edited at Jul 12, 2016 1:39PM

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Art is good, but storywise it's not getting better for me =/

To reply you must either login or sign up.