Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

^ and i won't read the whole first article because it's biaised as fuck toward LGBT. Like some said already, just because straights don't face the same oppresion than LGBT peoples mean that heterophobia is not real because like i said, just hating on someone or something because it's het is enough to be called heterophobia.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

^ and i won't read the whole first article because it's biaised as fuck toward LGBT. Like some said already, just because straights don't face the same oppresion than LGBT peoples mean that heterophobia is not real because like i said, just hating on someone or something because it's het is enough to be called heterophobia.

And you completely missed the point. Since you didn't say anything, I assume you read second article? Because it has exactly the same premise as in black people can't be racist towards white people. It's the same principle. Straight people can experience discrimination and insults, but you can't really call it a phobia, because to be phobia it'd have to be on the same lvl as other phobias.

The point of first article is that LGBT people experience actual oppression and we're still nowhere near ending it, so straight people using the same word and acting as if they're experiencing the same treatment is derailing from actual issues LGBT has. Most people who complain about no straight pride or no only-white people spaces or heterophobia, are the people who don't think LGBT people face discrimination everyday for who they are and in fact use it to justify why they should be able to be bigoted like they always were. They're the terms reactionary uses to justify hating on LGBT people, so you can understand why some people don't take kindly to it.

last edited at Jan 29, 2021 4:36AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Heterophobia is real and black people can be racist. End of story. The people who wrote those articles were ignorant and dismissive of what the words actually mean, twisting the definitions to fit their narrative. It's actually pretty disgusting to see people eat this shit up. Racism is not inherently systemic, it just manifests most strongly that way. Simply believing one race is inferior to another is racism.

In much the same way, there are people in the LGBT community that loathe heterosexuals simply for being heterosexual. This is heterophobia. These people have shown themselves occasionally on this site, some being more vocal about it than others. Anyone saying "het" ruins stories simply because it exists is a heterophobe.

Anyway, as long as rule 10 covers it, I'm not going to belabor the point about making it a new addition to rule 11, but it's still disturbing that it's hand-waved like it is.

last edited at Jan 29, 2021 7:55AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^^ I'm gonna go ahead and assume the orangutan on the 1st clip finished it with a German suplex. Why? Idk.

GPU randomly works again wtf yay?

Anyone saying "het" ruins stories simply because it exists is a heterophobe.

Oh boy, that is one big hot take and I'm not going to get into it.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/82373776
Prisma Illya Miyu x Illya x Chloe

last edited at Jan 29, 2021 8:00AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The point of first article is that LGBT people experience actual oppression and we're still nowhere near ending it, so straight people using the same word and acting as if they're experiencing the same treatment is derailing from actual issues LGBT has.

For one it's not the same word and second did you know what Phobia is ? Seem like you just quote and didn't read what i've said. Yes they don't have the same oppression but that's not the same thing we talking about. The problem lie in the fact that the article used the same base as "LGBT are oppresed" and apply it blindly to Straight.Here we talking about hating anything or anyone straight just because it's straight, that is heterophobia.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Someone is using the FAQ, Help and Suggestions thread to say disturbing things--so let me make a couple of things perfectly clear: https://chsroundup.com/5653/viewpoints/is-heterophobia-real/
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/opinion-can-black-people-be-racist_n_5c3e5e8be4b01c93e00e8764

Black people can't be racist? Wow. Okay, let's ignore that opinion piece written by someone who has clearly led a sheltered life, and let me tell you about someone I worked with back in college.

I worked at the university hospital where I had a black co-worker, which, to be honest, didn't really register as a difference at first. We got along great, chatted frequently, and I had been raised to be "color-blind," so to speak. One day I heard him talking on the phone in a completely different tone and style than I'd ever heard from him. He sounded almost "gangsta," which totally didn't seem like it suited his slim, nerdy stature. I majored in linguistics because I was fascinated by how people communicate, so, naturally, I asked him about it later.

What he explained to me is that, while he was actually more comfortable talking the way he did around the office, he wouldn't dare speak that way with people from the neighborhood where he grew up. He told me that, if he visited home and people heard him talking "like a white person," he'd not only have to worry about his own life, but also the lives of his sister and mother who still lived in that neighborhood. He was literally scared that people he considered neighbors and friends, people he grew up with, would kill him and his nearest relatives if he wasn't black enough.

How is that not racism?

Incidentally, I love how the author of the article says that people of color can be prejudiced but not racist, but then, to prove his point, links to a dictionary entry for racism that includes the definition "racial discrimination or prejudice."

Edit: The sort of attitude that leads people to say, "heterophobia isn't a thing," or, "people of color can't be racist," is the same dangerous exceptionalism that makes people say, "only men can be abusers; they're never the victims." Well, guess what....

Post edit: And if you're not convinced yet, the current news should make it pretty clear. There has been a rash of anti-Asian hate crimes in the past week or so, and a disturbing number of those have been committed by African Americans. How can anyone assault someone for the color of their skin while expecting not to be treated the same way? Does BLM need to be taught that ALM?

last edited at Mar 25, 2021 10:12AM

Anyone saying "het" ruins stories simply because it exists is a heterophobe.

Oh boy, that is one big hot take and I'm not going to get into it.

I'll do it then. Het can ruin a story. If you got a good thing going between the main leads and suddenly a dude comes in and ends up together with one of them it's ruined for me. If I wanted to read het which I do from time to time, I would go read it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Bait and switch is bad

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Het can ruin a story. If you got a good thing going between the main leads and suddenly a dude comes in and ends up together with one of them it's ruined for me.

That's not the het ruining the story simply because it exists. That's the author doing a bait and switch, which is another problem entirely. I'm talking about stories clearly tagged with Het getting hate for even being uploaded here, or the author of beloved yuri stories getting hate for doing a het romance. It's toxic and it needs to stop.

Het can ruin a story. If you got a good thing going between the main leads and suddenly a dude comes in and ends up together with one of them it's ruined for me.

That's not the het ruining the story simply because it exists. That's the author doing a bait and switch, which is another problem entirely. I'm talking about stories clearly tagged with Het getting hate for even being uploaded here, or the author of beloved yuri stories getting hate for doing a het romance. It's toxic and it needs to stop.

It could still be said it's heterophobia though couldn't it? Anyways I don't really believe it's a thing. What I do believe is that people love to read shit they don't like and complain about it, when they could just easily skip it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Serenata posted:

Let's wait for E3 again because there won't be an EVO fest I guess... There's the BLizzcom but the diablo mobile and the lackluster Overwatch 2 did lot of damage to the hype.

Sony hasn't make an announcement and nintendo doesn't make announcements... so yeah, not much.

Well thats kinda what I expected from this year...

Found one! Taipei Game Show coming very very very soon is apparently pretty big deal, but it comes with no Elden Ring https://www.3djuegos.com/noticias-ver/211113/no-habra-novedades-de-elden-ring-este-fin-de-semana-taipei/ that's all we can say haha but yeah expect some trailers this weekend.

last edited at Jan 29, 2021 2:35PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

It could still be said it's heterophobia though couldn't it? Anyways I don't really believe it's a thing. What I do believe is that people love to read shit they don't like and complain about it, when they could just easily skip it.

No, it couldn't. Bait and switch stories are the author using one narrative to draw people in based on empty implications and then betraying the reader's understandable expectations. It's not definitely an annoyance at the content that is ultimately given, but an annoyance that it wasn't the content that was implied. It can, however, be both. I don't think most people who complain like I've described even read the thing, they just see the tag and make their ignorant comments. As far as you not believing it's a thing, heterophobia doesn't need your permission to exist. It makes its way in the world quite fine without it.

No, it couldn't. Bait and switch stories are the author using one narrative to draw people in based on empty implications and then betraying the reader's understandable expectations. It's not definitely an annoyance at the content that is ultimately given, but an annoyance that it wasn't the content that was implied. It can, however, be both. I don't think most people who complain like I've described even read the thing, they just see the tag and make their ignorant comments. As far as you not believing it's a thing, heterophobia doesn't need your permission to exist. It makes its way in the world quite fine without it.

What I'm tryna say is someone could easily say you're being heterophobic for it.
If you wanna say someone ragging on a story because it's het is heterophobia. Then it can also easily be said that if a bait and switch happens in other stories that aren't specifically het, or stories that have bisexual women in which they end up with the dude, get hated on. Someone could easily say that you're being heterophobic for not liking it, which is stupid and not the case, but someone could twist it that way since it could fall under that "umbrella".
And I never said it ever needed my permission to exist, cuz it don't really exist regardless.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I never said it ever needed my permission to exist, cuz it don't really exist regardless.

Do you have an argument for this, or does it not exist just because you don't want it to?

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Hey everyone! It's been quite a while since I last visited the Cafe. How's everyone doing?

I never said it ever needed my permission to exist, cuz it don't really exist regardless.

Do you have an argument for this, or does it not exist just because you don't want it to?

Straight people don't really face discrimination/hate the way people of the LGBT do. But I do see people trying to make heterophobia a thing, saying shit like they wish it was was real. So all in all, people should really shut the hell up and stop ragging on somone's sexuality regardless of what it is.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Ok but at some point, it's just becoming ridiculous how the whole thing is just going back and forth with no sign of stopping. Can both parties just knock it off and start talking about something else ?

Alright I'll stop. Anybody else excited for the new Resident Evil game? Lady Dimitrescu looks really hot. I wonder if well get Yuri art about her on here soon.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hey everyone! It's been quite a while since I last visited the Cafe. How's everyone doing?

Having a great time with Yuru camp and Show By Rock over here!!! great shows + non non biyori and that egg anime... great month

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I'm trapped in the vtuber rabbit hole. I'd ask someone to send for help if it weren't so darn comfortable down here.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Preparing for the last couple of exams I have at uni, watching Star Wars with my parents, drawing maps, the usual.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I'm just sitting here with a coffee, reading yuri manga and wondering why the more I get through, the more there is left in the pile. I suspect someone sneaks them in whenever I go to the bathroom.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I'm just sitting here with a coffee, reading yuri manga and wondering why the more I get through, the more there is left in the pile. I suspect someone sneaks them in whenever I go to the bathroom.

Abort. Abort. Mission has been compromised.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Abort. Abort. Mission has been compromised.

Snake? SNAAAAAKE?!

To reply you must either login or sign up.