Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In case anyone wants to have a read, I posted a new story at The Book Of Kels just a few minutes ago. It's my first attempt at satire, and while it's not yuri per se, the main characters are married lesbians. So there's that.

"We Build Yesterday"

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Nevri

We do, but must of times it doesn't really protect you.

That's what the law does ^^
It looks good on paper but most of the time it doesn't quite work the way it should ;)

@ Rina

I was actually able to handle that song ^^
Quite good.

Have you seen the new Talking Dead episode yet?
Xander Berkeley seems like a really cool guy. Loved him! Unlike his role... (^_^“)

@ Nezchan

In case anyone wants to have a read, I posted a new story at The Book Of Kels just a few minutes ago. It's my first attempt at satire, and while it's not yuri per se, the main characters are married lesbians. So there's that.
"We Build Yesterday"

If it's not science fiction, I'm not interested!

(◦’ںˉ◦)v
Just kidding ^^
I gave it a try. Really witty. I was actually surprised that it was quite tame... until I read that last sentence ;)

It doesn't feel judgemental. Just puts Y in a different light. Half bad.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

"We Build Yesterday"

@Nez - cute story. i was a little confused by Y's answer at the end, but that may be because i never bought into that whole 'all powerful' nonsense.

btw, mind if i ask which story you had the most fun writing?

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 1:50PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Anon99

"We Build Yesterday"

If it's not science fiction, I'm not interested!

Well, I'm awful lucky it is science fiction, then!

I gave it a try. Really witty. I was actually surprised that it was quite tame... until I read that last sentence ;)

It doesn't feel judgemental. Just puts Y in a different light. Half bad.

Well, it was a farm, not a petting zoo in the end.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

ciega

@Nez - cute story. i was a little confused by Y's answer at the end, but that may be because i never bought into that whole 'all powerful' nonsense.

btw, mind if i ask which story you had the most fun writing?

That's really hard to say, honestly. I did enjoy writing We Build Yesterday, and Nothing Rhymes With Woman was kind of a labour of love. I really found writing my NozoNizo fanfiction Temperance's Rest quite satisfying. and the mythical style of How the Goddess Was Saved appealed to me and allowed for a much more active style.

Those four are probably at the top of the eight that I've done this year but I don't know that I could choose any particular one among them as the most fun. They were all fun, in different ways.

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 2:18PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Galich

Sorry for the delay, got a visitor over...

Hey, I'm not disagreeing! For the record, I still have a (very usable) palmtop from the late 90s, got experience with typewriters, faxes and wish I'd ever get the occasion to use a pager!

I never had a pager either! ^^
Still, I like the nostalgic sound of that! Those were the days... When you wrote your homework with a typewriter and the whole house knew exactly what you were doing (^_-)v

Well.. accidently it comes off this way! Falling asleep 8 hours before my alarm is set, usually waking up after 2 hours, then getting 1 hour of sleep tops. It's a mess.

So your sleeping schedule is just as messy as ever... Sorry to hear that.
Maybe with some time that will change as well, now that you have a job.
That's the only thing that improved on my end lately... Feels kinda good to not be tired all day, every day...

turns out it was my friend that's wanted to know if I could go downtown today to lend her a hammer (o.O)

(^_^)
I don't own a full tool set either but a hammer is pretty basic... maybe you should get her one for Christmas ^^ With a nice red ribbon and all ;)

Gotta say, I felt really weird today travelling through all of the town with a hammer in my bag to give to my friend D:

At least it wasn't a chainsaw ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )
But this actually reminds me of something...
In my last year of college my best friend managed to break his bicycle lock. So his bike was standing in front of the school and he couldn't move it anymore. I told him that I had a bolt cutter at home that we could use for the lock. Those things are HUGE! So the next day I walked to school with a bolt cutter, carrying it around all day and at the end of the lessons I threw that thing on the table in Spanish class and said: "Time to go to work!“
( ˆ▿ˆ)
We got a lot of weird looks that day ^^

I got moved into another mall, which is much much closer nearby, and I need to be there an hour later than I would've been in the previous one! Plus, I still get to keep my boss!

There's nothing better than a workplace nearby!
It's horrible if you have to waste a lot of time every day commuting...

Anon and being miserable? Cannot imagine it, not even at your worst^^

Yeah, that's me! Always in a good mood! Taking serious things totally seriously all the time while still staying positive! Just like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C17yfGyJjM
^^
(I love Amanda Palmer! Does anyone else here actually listen to her stuff...? I wonder...)

my city today had the air polution norms exciteed by 300%.. the air in here was literally green/yellow, and everything was so blurry.. people running in masks..

… not sure if I could live in a city like that... that just screams lung cancer. I already feel uncomfortable when I have to walk by the main street during rush hour...

Looking at my posts, I sounded like I was angry at you or something. Sorry if you perceived as such, it was never my intention^^

After my little freak out a while back I'm willing to cut you some slack on whatever you do ;)
Nah, you've got nothing to worry about in that regard. It's just, like I said, sometimes quite hard to guess if someone is trying to drop you a hint or something or just joking when you can't actually see their face.

Okay, that was a bit too cynical. Sorry^^

Not cynical at all. I think that's totally okay.
I just like to take my time to get over things that's all. I'm pretty slow when it comes to that. I run away from a lot of things but I don't like to run away from my emotions ^^

had a very interesting conversation today. One of those that make you go "hmm, so maybe this quirk of mine is much more normal than I thought?"

Now I'm curious. What's that quirk of yours you were talking about.

Also, made a decision and changed my attitude to others; gonna only give them as much affection as they give me, nothing more.

That actually sounds quite healthy if you ask me. I can back that up.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Anon99 posted:

(I love Amanda Palmer! Does anyone else here actually listen to her stuff...? I wonder...)

My friend recently treated me to this gem. I fell in love with her after hearing it.

Also recently I got back into mood to listen to some more heavy/epic music again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLrSX-qHggE

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 4:13PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Nevri

Awesome! I didn't expect to meet another fan here! ^^ Most people don't really know her...

Amanda is so gorgeous!
You can find many great live videos of her online.

This is another one of those gems back when she had trouble with her record label:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMi7wRfmoMs
(^_^)b Just perfect!

Also loved her ninja gig in Dublin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WnuVDOFeh4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIsyAdKE6OU
I could go on forever! ^__^

What's your favorite song of her?

Also recently I got back into mood to listen to some more heavy/epic music again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLrSX-qHggE

Good one! If you like heavy and epic, here's another one for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVIRcnlRKF8

Or make it two ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnuhzyO5Drc
This one is a must!

@ ratifuu

Hi there! ^^

has anyone here ever tried making your own yuri manga? Have you ever finished building at least the story with some sketchy draft of manga panels?

Can't say that I have, sorry.
Got a few story ideas but unfortunately I suck at drawing... (^_^“)
Are you trying to draw one?
Or are you looking for an aspiring artist?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Anon99 posted:

@ Nevri

Awesome! I didn't expect to meet another fan here! ^^ Most people don't really know her...

Sorry to disappointed you but I never heard of her before ^ ^" (then again, I don't I really follow music scene that well). My friend send me that song and this one yesterday. That is literally all I ever heard of her ^ ^" The song I linked first 100% sold me on her though, so I will try to listen to more of her stuff, so thanks for links anyway xD"

Good one! If you like heavy and epic, here's another one for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVIRcnlRKF8

Or make it two ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnuhzyO5Drc
This one is a must!

Requiem is such classic xD Heard it without even watching the movie it is from x3" (heard it is pretty heavy one). I don't think I'm familiar with second one. I'll give it a listen. Thanks for your suggestions ;3

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ Anon

Didn't expect that coming from you to be honest ^^

I wonder what you think about me then... but you are clearly missing some pieces of the puzzle.. ;)

That's great. I have a good friend like that as well. Which is awesome because we never have to explain ourselves when stuff like that happens. We just know how it is (^_^)b

Good for you! I had to explain myself a bit, but it was well-deserved :)

You never even tried asking ^^

my bad then.. let me try again properly ^_^:
Anon, would you be willing to share your PO Box with me (via e-mail) so that I could send you in a sincere plain paper-like form my warm sentiments and best of wishes for the upcoming cold/snowy Christmas and New Year's holidays? I promise I won't bother you unnecessarily^^

But don't worry, you don't have to feel forced to just because you wanted to send one to Galich.
I know you two talked about that postcard exchange program back when we started here.

o.O you got it all wrong... maybe due to my fault wording^^" I would never send a postcard for such a lame reason! ;)
it has nothing to do with Galich, and she likes sending letters better...
I just hold both of you dear to me ^_^, we spent lots of time sharing stories in here and I thought it might be a good idea to send you a postcard, and I've been thinking about it for a while, but I thought it would be weird and embarrassing.. >//<

LOVE! You ought to study love in France! What else could there be??? (◦’ںˉ◦)

love...I'm too Bakakitty and I would fail as a student xD
... tough I've heard that the wine and spirits department in Burgundy isn't that bad ;)

My specialty is procrastinating (;๏д๏)
;) (but it's actually not funny sometimes... o_O)

me too... never in a hurry.. but usually something happens so my plans change

Do you really miss the zombie...?
I can switch back if you want me to. I like Noodle but the zombie was cute too.

nope, thanks! don't listen to me :)

Just out of curiosity. Do you also think that I've changed so noticeably?
I don't mean me not being here that often anymore or when I'm actually talking about the depressing things that happened but like... all the rest...? ^^

well, you are good and considerate as before, and you try to answer to anyone^^ plus you enjoy talking about the topics that interest you.. the difference I can feel is probably for me you lack a bit in energy, maybe... but as I said I'm a bakakitty xD

And awww.... A Christmas kitty! That's really cute! Good choice! (^_^)b

it's not a new one.. I have it from last year.. it's my Santa Claus Kitty costume xD

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ Anon from page..173 xD:

At this point I honestly feel that anything is possible... especially whenever money is involved...
Do you get to see your test again after it's been evaluated or do you only get to see the results?

I felt too down and agitated to actively try seeing my exam paper...

I think I'm too old for a job like that... Would have been perfect for me back when I was 15 – 20 years old. Back then I almost never fell asleep before sunrise... (^_^)b
Those were the days...

don't say that! are you older than me?

Yeah, I remember. That's why I was surprised at first when I read that you had to work night shifts...
Thought that maybe you just needed the money ;)

nope, I wouldn't do that to myself because of money xD too many hours, night shifts and not the best of pay... I'm being stubborn here, wanting to challenge myself, plus I didn't want to do an internship in translation xD

That really is the best part of the day. When the whole world around you is slowly starting to wake up and everything is still so quiet and peaceful...

exactly! and you can feel as being part of all the magic around ;)

It was quite a while ago – so sorry for the extremely late reply (^_^“) - but I remember reading that you finished watching Transparent and thought the family was messy...

my reply isn't any better in that matter....

I agree with you and that's also the only complaint I've got about that show – too much chaos for one single family. And the kids are so unlikable... all of them! But I really like Maura and her entire story. Especially the quiet moments...
Seeing that you didn't stop after the first season you must have liked it as well...? Or not...? ;)
I'm currently watching season 3...

yes, I watched the first 2 seasons.. so there is a 3rd one? :)
exactly, and at times I felt difficulty following through... I know life is complicated, people are complicated(Maura is complicated!) and I like that, but why it should be all packed in a single family.. a mishmash family, not very realistic? xD

In the meantime I've also finished watching Sense8 a few days ago.
It was pretty good. Maybe a little corny here and there but still quite good.
My favorite was the Korean girl. She was awesome! ^^
Probably gonna watch the second season too when it'll come out.

soo you did!! Glad to hear that!^_^ one of the few series I have ever binge-watched!

actually what made you like it?
corny? what do you mean?
yes, me too.. the Korean girl has the character, if you know what I mean :)

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Anyone else watching MST3K's turkey day

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

I'M BACK!

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

i need to catch up on jojo im like 4 episodes behind and i can't believe its almost over. alos need to start watching brave witches.

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 12:30AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Anon

Sorry for the delay, got a visitor over...

Dont worry, figured that you had something important to do^^

Hope you at least had fun with your visitor!

Hey, I'm not disagreeing! For the record, I still have a (very usable) palmtop from the late 90s, got experience with typewriters, faxes and wish I'd ever get the occasion to use a pager!

I never had a pager either! ^^
Still, I like the nostalgic sound of that! Those were the days... When you wrote your homework with a typewriter and the whole house knew exactly what you were doing (^_-)v

Never had one at home, but back when my father used to work in the administration as an official I used to come to his office to come and play with the typewritter.. it was his friend that's taught me how to use those things. I still harbor great nostalgia for those times, I do think that my greatest moments in life and most stories come from that period, even thoI was still a small girl.

What can I say, I really like old tech. Got a lot of casette players in my room and a radio from the interwar period.. it is surrounded by books printed around the same time.

Do you have any objects that you associate with your "golden times" Anon?

Well.. accidently it comes off this way! Falling asleep 8 hours before my alarm is set, usually waking up after 2 hours, then getting 1 hour of sleep tops. It's a mess.

So your sleeping schedule is just as messy as ever... Sorry to hear that.
Maybe with some time that will change as well, now that you have a job.
That's the only thing that improved on my end lately... Feels kinda good to not be tired all day, every day...

Funnily enough slept well tonight, if not a bit too short. It's like the earlier I go to sleep, the earlier I wake up prematurely. 11 o'clock is my safety zone of a high chance I will wake up as I wanted to.

And well, with the new sleeping schedule I can sleep more, which is really nice.

Glad to hear your sleeping is better! Any specific reasons for that?

turns out it was my friend that's wanted to know if I could go downtown today to lend her a hammer (o.O)

(^_^)
I don't own a full tool set either but a hammer is pretty basic... maybe you should get her one for Christmas ^^ With a nice red ribbon and all ;)

Hahaha! Gotta say, I was considering it as well xD I guess that twisted minds think alike xP

Gotta say, I felt really weird today travelling through all of the town with a hammer in my bag to give to my friend D:

At least it wasn't a chainsaw ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )
But this actually reminds me of something...
In my last year of college my best friend managed to break his bicycle lock. So his bike was standing in front of the school and he couldn't move it anymore. I told him that I had a bolt cutter at home that we could use for the lock. Those things are HUGE! So the next day I walked to school with a bolt cutter, carrying it around all day and at the end of the lessons I threw that thing on the table in Spanish class and said: "Time to go to work!“

I can imagine others thinking "yea, they are totally going to steal our bikes when we won't be looking!" xD

I can imagine that thing being really heavy tho!

( ˆ▿ˆ)
We got a lot of weird looks that day ^^

Well, it means you're popular^^ there's no such thing as bad publicity!

I got moved into another mall, which is much much closer nearby, and I need to be there an hour later than I would've been in the previous one! Plus, I still get to keep my boss!

There's nothing better than a workplace nearby!
It's horrible if you have to waste a lot of time every day commuting...

Yup, really happy about that! Arrived to early out of habit (writing this message in rain waiting for my boss to arrive, I was 40 minutes early the moment I arrived), but after a few tries I'll get a feeling for those ominous busses!

Anon and being miserable? Cannot imagine it, not even at your worst^^

Yeah, that's me! Always in a good mood! Taking serious things totally seriously all the time while still staying positive!

That is totally you! I like your style! A great comrade to philosophy and then share your happiness delivered from minor things!

Trying to achieve a similar attitude.. I get a bit too cynical at times tho xD

Just like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C17yfGyJjM
^^

Once I'll come back home I'll check this link^^

my city today had the air polution norms exciteed by 300%.. the air in here was literally green/yellow, and everything was so blurry.. people running in masks..

… not sure if I could live in a city like that... that just screams lung cancer. I already feel uncomfortable when I have to walk by the main street during rush hour...

Sadly, you get used to it. But on a positive note, rain came in and literally kicked the air polution out of the city! It really is the best thing ever, or atleast one of them.

Looking at my posts, I sounded like I was angry at you or something. Sorry if you perceived as such, it was never my intention^^

After my little freak out a while back I'm willing to cut you some slack on whatever you do ;)
Nah, you've got nothing to worry about in that regard. It's just, like I said, sometimes quite hard to guess if someone is trying to drop you a hint or something or just joking when you can't actually see their face.

I get ya. It's the same thing with internet sarcasm as well. Still, happy to hear we're in good relations^^

Okay, that was a bit too cynical. Sorry^^

Not cynical at all. I think that's totally okay.
I just like to take my time to get over things that's all. I'm pretty slow when it comes to that. I run away from a lot of things but I don't like to run away from my emotions ^^

That is honesty with self. Really liking it as a personality trait, since it makes one self aware and much more perceptive.

had a very interesting conversation today. One of those that make you go "hmm, so maybe this quirk of mine is much more normal than I thought?"

Now I'm curious. What's that quirk of yours?

Basically keeping my self consciousness in my mind as a separate and autonomic thing that often disagrees with "this" me. Sounds a bit crazy. In short, got a confirmation from another person it's not that uncommon.

Also, made a decision and changed my attitude to others; gonna only give them as much affection as they give me, nothing more.

That actually sounds quite healthy if you ask me. I can back that up.

So I think.. You can get really frustrated with giving more just to receive less (wow, it sounds like an ad here xD). But makes me wonder if maybe it's my perception that makes other appear less invested. Told this thing to a close friend of mine. She said she can understand me but cannot do anything about it. I really dont know.

Do share your point of view if you're feeling okay with it!

Also, had a very nice moment of getting to know someone personally only to find out they're as nice in person as they first appeared^^

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 12:46AM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

All that good reception towards Yuzumori-san reminded me that Fate/GO is using a kid too to hype up their christmas event.

Truly Jeanne d' Arc as a child is the perfect Santa Claus to top off any this year.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I do, although no much lately.
I like her style in the Dresden Dolls days, Who Killed Amanda Palmer and Theater is Evil. It seems like she's doing some alternative things lately that I'm not a fan of.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I'M BACK!

Welcome back my friend. How was your stay in Dynasty Prison ?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Aw shit! Finally finished my Godzilla marathon! After watching over 25 movies of monsters beating the shit out of eachother i really want to walk away from all that and feed my brain with something a little more sophisti-Wait, Kissasian has the Mothra stuff? TIME FOR A NEW MARATHON

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

I'M BACK!

Welcome back my friend. How was your stay in Dynasty Prison ?

Prison, you say?.....

It was surprisingly fine. Most of the awesome yuri update happened after my time up aka that lolicon manga :P

So i didn't miss anything important. Not to mention i had the post with best gif on that thread. Hehe.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

i went to the mall and got gunpla.....I am gundam. its pretty fun to put together

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 8:10PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

i went to the mall and got gunpla.....I am gundam. its pretty fun to put together

Which one
WHICH ONE DAMNIT

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Mom's got good taste.

I hope to build another HG Unicorn tomorrow when I attempt to get my brother to build one of the four kits I got him.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 25, 2016

For anyone who wants to check it out Toranoana has recently started selling a lot of e-books versions of doujin and manga. It's pretty easy to rip from their site, too.

To reply you must either login or sign up.