Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ Rina-Avisenpai

:( ... Why don't you try distracting yourself with the usual pairings^^

Stay strong, Alvis !

We all have different ways of keeping ourselves energized... I still prefer my English Breakfast better ^_^
...coffee isn't so much effective and the last time I was on energy drinks they affected my heartbeat.

Anyway, I've slept 2 hours for the last 2 days, and when I finally managed to fall asleep this morning, they called me because I had to go and pick up the results of the exam I've been waiting for a month.. so half-dizzy I went there and when I realized my score is even higher than I needed it to be, I thought I was dreaming in my sleep xD

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 8:11AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Wish I could distract myself, but I quite honestly can't...

I think I might've became so immersed in this story that I've actually fallen for Hotaru...I mean, my attention keeps getting drawn to her when looking at my avatar, and all I can think about right now is wanting her to have a happy ending at the end of this story.

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 8:22AM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Blackkitty

Hey! That's great! Congratulations!!!!!!! (ˆ⌣ˆ)/

I'm proud of you! (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑

So the third time really is a charm, huh...? ;)

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Anyway, I've slept 2 hours for the last 2 days, and when I finally managed to fall asleep this morning, they called me because I had to go and pick up the results of the exam I've been waiting for a month.. so half-dizzy I went there and when I realized my score is even higher than I needed it to be, I thought I was dreaming in my sleep xD

I totally didn't not notice this. Great job, BlackKitty! ^ o ^

Also @Anon,

Here's a fun thing for you to read :p

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 8:30AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ What makes you think I haven't read that yet...? ;)

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Well, what do you think? :p

If anything though, Kodama Naoko is pretty much going to be my Yuri Artist of the year at this point (last year was Mira). I mean, making me relate to Hotaru so much that I have actually fallen for her is an impressive accomplishment.

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 9:31AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ I thought you said that you didn't wanna discuss this manga any further...? O_O

Regarding that post from the other day:
I understand your viewpoint.
I agree with some of it but I can't share your passion about it at all.
I'm not saying it's a bad manga, I enjoyed reading it so far, but it doesn't really provoke any real feelings inside of me. The drama it creates feels so stereotypical to me. And a little forced as well. But that's just the feeling I got while reading it.
The mangaka even talked about that herself here:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/netsuzou_trap_volume_1_extra#10
Not exactly the kind of stories I usually enjoy... but I'm totally okay with it if others like stuff like that...

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@OlderSis Congratulations! I'm really proud of you^^

I think you deserve to catch up on sleep.. it should be very good sleep indeed, since you finally don't have to worry about the results!

Puts a blanket on Blackkitty

Will try to reply to other posts when I have the time, stuff's as hectic as always and I don't want to screw up my describtion of her.

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 9:43AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@Anon

I'm not wanting to discuss more about the manga, I just wanted to hear your thoughts on the post :p

Well, I've always been the passionate one that throws myself head first into things, and it's funny because I'm not a huge fan of melodrama stories myself but yet I've became so obsessed with this story. Still, I'm glad that you understood where I was coming from.

Note that when I said I've "fallen for Hotaru", I don't mean it as romantic love, but rather an emotionally resonating kind of 'love', like "There's so much to her character, she's so much like me, I really just want to see her be happy". This emotional connection that I feel towards her has grown so deeply that my mood is starting to get affected by both hope and worry, it's so odd.

None of what I just said probably made the slightest sense at all (lol).

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 9:59AM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

^No, that's completely fine, that makes a lot of sense. I'm pretty sure people create tumblr blogs solely dedicated to one fictional character and fictional pairings, so it happens. It's also why I've seen essays that cover the entire page or even span multiple pages discussing why a pairing works and why this particular character is great. It actually gets pretty in-depth.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@Crane

Glad to hear that it actually made sense (lol)! Still, I don't think I've ever gone in-depth about a particular pairing or character, although, that post a while back was pretty much a full page worth of words.

I tend to write semi to rather long posts if I get too passionate about something; actually if you check my post history you should notice a few of them that I've made here. Else than that, I could say that I really enjoy writing my thoughts down on anime that I'm watching, do give my blog a look sometime if you're interested in reading ^ O ^

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 10:47AM

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I tend to write semi to rather long posts if I get too passionate about something; actually if you check my post history you should notice a few of them that I've made here. Else than that, I could say that I really enjoy writing my thoughts down on anime that I'm watching, do give my blog a look sometime if you're interested in reading ^ O ^

Cool! Whoa, you do write a lot.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Thanks! ^ _ ^ had to take a break recently because work is really killing my energy for doing things. But, I will be doing my, now annual, "7 days of Yuri and Anime" series of posts towards the end of the year, which will include,

• 5 individual reviews of my Top 5 AoTY (pretty much finalized by now)
  • 1 post dedicated to a Yuri artist (Kodama Naoko this year), and lastly,
  • 1 post dedicated to my Top 5 Yuri pairings of 2016 (not bound by date of creation)

Edit: Contrary to what one might think, I do not have blue hair ^ _ ^ (check my post count, you'll get the reference...hopefully)

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 11:06AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Before you got invested in Kodama this week, who was your other choice for artist of the year?

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Edit: Contrary to what one might think, I do not have blue hair ^ _ ^ (check my post count, you'll get the reference...hopefully)

Waah! Sorry, I really don't know! I racked my brain to see if I can remember anything about a 626, but I came up empty.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Was refering to this :p

@Faust

The funny, or rather depressing, thing is, no one :/

I was considering to not include that this year and replace it something else.

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 11:29AM

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

Guys, let's ditch the whole idea of Netsuzou Trap and its translation. Instead let's focus on why there's NO GIRL FRIENDS ANIME!

There's no J-drama, no movie, no light novels, no audio dramas, not a god damn thing! That, my friends, is criminal and WAAAY more important than whatever any of you are talking about.

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 12:07PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Guys, let's ditch the whole idea of Netsuzou Trap and its translation. Instead let's focus on why there's NO GIRL FRIENDS ANIME!

There's no J-drama, no movie, no light novels, no audio dramas, not a god damn thing! That, my friends, is criminal and WAAAY more important than whatever any of you are talking about.

Because it's ten years old.
Unless someone loves it so much that funds it alone, it's not going to happen.

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ I wouldn't say that...

It's not exactly yuri related but one of my absolute favorites, "Blame!" by Tsutomu Nihei, ended in 2003 and is currently being animated...

Dreams can come true after all! ^___^
So don't give up hope just yet Matto ✌(◕‿-)✌

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 1:00PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Girl Friends did have a drama CD at least.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Because it's ten years old.
Unless someone loves it so much that funds it alone, it's not going to happen.

ROFL
Just to highlight how senseless this line is, the manga Terra E got a [good] anime adaptation in 2007, while the manga finished in .. 1977 ! Same goes for Kiseiju, Jojo, Ushio to Tora ... Guess I'll stop here.

Matto is right, let's forget this Netsuzou Crap ! I couldn't agree more; I myself wanna see some good yuri animated for once, Girl Friends included, because while it's not a yuri I particularly love, it's still a very enjoyable story so far, and it has the potential to be turned into a really good anime, especially with the anime quality nowadays [having in mind the best anime of 2016, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, which has a neat, gorgeous and stunning animation].

I understand your viewpoint.
I agree with some of it but I can't share your passion about it at all.
I'm not saying it's a bad manga, I enjoyed reading it so far, but it doesn't really provoke any real feelings inside of >me. The drama it creates feels so stereotypical to me. And a little forced as well. But that's just the feeling I got >while reading it.

This is why we love Anon. Double thumbs-up !

Rina, I love how our feelings for Hotaru are antipodals, you love her just as much as I hate her, it's funny somehow.

Before you got invested in Kodama this week, who was your other choice for artist of the year?

Ejima Eri for 2016 so far.

... Also, a minute of silence for Ulquiorra who's got a one-day ban. Stay strong buddy.

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 1:37PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

Also, a minute of silence for Ulquiorra who's got a one-day ban. Stay strong buddy.

Why??? O_O
What happened?

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

ROFL
Just to highlight how senseless this line is, the manga Terra E got a [good] anime adaptation in 2007, while the manga finished in .. 1977 ! Same goes for Kiseiju, Jojo, Ushio to Tora ... Guess I'll stop here.

There's a big difference between mangas that were hits of their time and a niche title that even the author said she never saw it being sold on stores.
The only chance GF had was if the magazine was trying to promote the manga at their time. Now it's gone. Even the magazine it was published doesn't exist anymore. It's more realistic to hope that Morinaga make a new work and have that adapted.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wait, they're animating Blame? That's a surprise.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Anon

Wtv

Even if the manga wasn't that popular, as time passes, its success or not when it was published tends to fade away and even some unpopular manga have been / are still animated.
Moreover, inspite of being unpopular back then, it's still a nearly-cornerstone of the yuri genre, so I believe, if the popularity of yuri increases over time, it will eventually get an adaptation.

Look, even some big shit like Pupa or Netsuzou Trash ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) got animated. So I allow myself to be hopeful.

To reply you must either login or sign up.