Forum › The Last Uniform discussion

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Yes I would very much like those scans. If you let me have them, I will officially pick it up and do it about the same time that I do the extra from Tsubomi vol 10. That one is a 4 page short about Tsumugi x Beniko.

I'll email you some scans hopefully this week.

Worth reading? I'm not a huge fan of the art but if the story is worth it I will pick it up.

It is and it isn't. The "main" pairing is frustrating and silly. Also, most of my fondness for this series comes from the fact it was one of the few yuri manga you could get in English back in 2007 when it was licensed. Now I'm reminiscing about how I got into yuri and the terrible consequences it has had on my life~~~

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Thanks. I appreciate it.

As for myself, I didn't now this series existed back then, or I would have bought it immediately. But I still had a similar experience. When I saw First Love Sisters in the bookstore, I bought it on the spot. Then the second volume never came out. Eventually, years later, I learned of the existence of fan scanlations, so I tracked down the scanlations of volumes two and three.That led me to fan recommendations for Girl Friends. And once I read that, there was no going back.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

while i was re-reading this i thought to a new tag: "50 shades of aaangst". it's not the best joke, but someone liked it.
the cause is the minicomic at the end, then the traslator is responsible

last edited at Mar 1, 2015 7:53AM

Dynasty
joined Apr 18, 2013

Maybe I am the only one, but I like Hakamada Mera's art. Yeah, it's kinda fluffy, but I really enjoy it. Also her plots are the best - she can write pure fluff, comedy or even something dark and it just somehow seems natural to me.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Worth reading? I'm not a huge fan of the art but if the story is worth it I will pick it up.

It is and it isn't. The "main" pairing is frustrating and silly. Also, most of my fondness for this series comes from the fact it was one of the few yuri manga you could get in English back in 2007 when it was licensed. Now I'm reminiscing about how I got into yuri and the terrible consequences it has had on my life~~~

Is the story good though besides the main pair being frustrating??

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Btw. I can't really make of it who are the 'main pair's - to me it just seems a bunch of stories about a bunch of girls

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Main Pairs

Tsumugi is in love with Beniko; Beniko loves someone (and it might be Tsumugi). They are roommates.
Ai is in loves with Fuuko; Fuuko doesn't understand love, but likes (and might love) Ai. They are roommates, or were roommates at the current point in volume 3.

Others

Anzu loves Tsumugi, but hasn't told her since she thinks she doesn't have any chance.
Asagi aggressively pursues Beniko, though Beniko has repeatedly made clear she's not interested.
Tamami loves Asagi, but Asagi considers her just a dear childhood friend.

last edited at Mar 2, 2015 2:50PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Main Pairs

Or lack thereof, apparently.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Main Pairs

If you are referring to the viewpoint from the just released chapter 7, that's still early in the series. There's lots of development to go.

If you mean the viewpoint of the latest chapter 34, it's too soon to make assumptions with three chapters left. (No, I'm serious.) Major events are coming in just this next chapter 35. I mean Tsumugi oops, that's saying too much! Right now I'm trying hard to get the next two chapters out as soon as I can, and they will change how some things are seen. And then there's chapter 37; it's the final chapter*, of course it brings more things into focus.

In fact, since the point in volume 3 when Fuuko transferred back home, it's been building up to these last three chapters. They are the climax folks. You are free to disagree once you've seen them, but that will still be my opinion.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Main Pairs

If you are referring to the viewpoint from the just released chapter 7, that's still early in the series. There's lots of development to go.

If you mean the viewpoint of the latest chapter 34, it's too soon to make assumptions with three chapters left. (No, I'm serious.) Major events are coming in just this next chapter 35. I mean Tsumugi oops, that's saying too much! Right now I'm trying hard to get the next two chapters out as soon as I can, and they will change how some things are seen. And then there's chapter 37; it's the final chapter*, of course it brings more things into focus.

In fact, since the point in volume 3 when Fuuko transferred back home, it's been building up to these last three chapters. They are the climax folks. You are free to disagree once you've seen them, but that will still be my opinion.

no, no, no. completely agree with what you've said i light of reading chapters 35 and 36. btw,..... awwwwwwwwww. i am excited to read the last chapter.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

T_T omg, dammit, idk if I should be happy or not :v like Fuuko left...and Beniko saying she ain't going but I'm glad that she returns (?) the feelings of Tsumugi T_T gaaaaaaaawd... >_<
Anyways, rooting for Fuuko x Ai and Tsumugi x Beniko, if it they aint end game, I'm done for.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

I'm.... speechless.
Oh well... at least Tsumugi and Beniko were moving somewhere.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Tsugumi and Beniko end game <3 yaaaay xD though man, another series ending....

1924893_10202788342174381_69187846677337107_n
joined Dec 11, 2014

It's such a shame that I'll never get to own the third volume with English translation, but at least now I finally get to finish this series after years of waiting. Such a bittersweet ending though. I do feel sorry for Anzu near the end of the story too.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Maybe I am the only one, but I like Hakamada Mera's art. Yeah, it's kinda fluffy, but I really enjoy it. Also her plots are the best - she can write pure fluff, comedy or even something dark and it just somehow seems natural to me.

I agree with all of that. Since I have a fondness for comics about mangaka, Watashi-no Taisetsu na Tomodachi is probably my favorite of hers, but I like literally all her work. And I find it often quite moving.

By the way as far as i know Our Last Season/Saigo no Seifuku/Last Uniform v 1 and 2 and Kanon - a children's fantasy idol series - are all you can get by her in English so far. I'm currently looking for the cheapest way to buy Akatsuki-iro no Senpuku Majo to read laboriously :)

The only part of Hakamada-sensei's art I don't like is the empty, somewhat rotated white eyes she gives some girls - usually with blonde hair - which other artists would reserve for "cute li'l undead" or something. But that's kind of her trademark by now.

Looking at what Fly-by-Yuri's translated, I think they have the same fluffy taste we do :)

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_last_uniform_ch08#15
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_last_uniform_ch10#13

extra on ch 8 and ch 10 are the same, arent they?

Yes. They're not just the same, they are the same page. The extra pages in ch 8 (page 119) and ch 10 (page 145) together form a two page extra. When I released ch 8, I didn't expect to get to ch 10 this soon, so I included the second page of the extra (page 145) with ch 8. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit:

By the way as far as i know Our Last Season/Saigo no Seifuku/Last Uniform v 1 and 2 and Kanon - a children's fantasy idol series - are all you can get by her in English so far. I'm currently looking for the cheapest way to buy Akatsuki-iro no Senpuku Majo to read laboriously :)

Thanks Marion Diabolito, I had overlooked the English version of Fairy Idol Kanon, probably because it's not yuri (I had passed over buying it in Japanese for the same reason). But if it's Hakamada's work, it should be interesting. I just ordered a set of the English version.

last edited at Mar 25, 2015 2:28PM

Sadg
joined Jun 23, 2013

I'm pretty much content with Tsumugi X Beniko!

Aikatsu%2050%20aoi%20ichigo%20hug%20test
joined Apr 18, 2013

Anyone else getting stuck with a loading bar on the second page of 26.5?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_last_uniform_ch26_5#2

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Anyone else getting stuck with a loading bar on the second page of 26.5?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_last_uniform_ch26_5#2

Yeah, something's borked

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

^As it turns out, filenames with "ad" in them trigger adblock. Go figure. Tinkered with and re-uploaded, should work fine now. (Thanks!)

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Thanks OrangePekoe; I don't use adblock and it never occurred to me that might happen. I'll watch out for that in the future, for the next time I include something like that.

Edit: I made the same change to my master copy so if I ever upload a new version, I won't recreate this problem.

last edited at Apr 7, 2015 11:43AM

satsuki matoi
joined May 2, 2014

At less it have happy ending ? Some how I feel like I wasted time on this...

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, a fellow Canadian! Well met. Apparently there's been a stage play done--for some reason I get Peter S. Beagle's email newsletter thing.

Yup, I'm as Canadian as introspective movies with bad sound!

Say, i asked this a while ago in another thread but you likely didn't see it. Are you the same PLG that used to frequent the POGGE blog a while back? It's such a distinctive name.

Frequent? Heck, I was a co-blogger for a while. :)
Yup, that's me. So, by that question, you're not only a fellow Canadian, but one with sane politics! VERY pleased to make your acquaintance! Such as we must stick together, especially once Bill C-51 starts swinging into action, what?

To reply you must either login or sign up.