Forum › The Last Uniform discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Those of us who own volume 2 are looking forward to the next chapter :)

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

That punch was sooooooo satisfying

joined Jan 8, 2014

Went from intros to nosehair comment? Is it a missing page?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

There's no page missing. That was Beniko's revenge. She drew a pass from him so that she could slap him down hard with a comment about his appearance.

Still, you have a point that it can be confusing, so I'm going to make a slight change to get the point across better. One moment...

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Okay, that's done. If you don't see the change (on page 152) remember to hit the reload button in your browser.

Just to reiterate, Beniko just wanted to say, "I hate you for some minor aspect of your appearance; how do you like them apples?" In other words, she wanted to hurt him, at least a little in the same way he hurt Kimiko, though Kimiko didn't know the why of it. And of course she had to draw his interest first, or the attack would not have hit home.

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 2:03AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

On August 14, 2014, ciega posted (Link removed because most posts at that time were discussing volume 3.)

but let's be fair, Kisaragi isn't a pervert. She is just overly infatuated with Beniko ;-)

You might be right, but here are some of the things she's done in the first two volumes. (If you read the summaries in chapter 25, you'll see most of those things) == Tried to force Beniko to agree to date her if she won the marathon. Went through Beniko's trash on the morning of valentines day and got into a fist fight with Tsumugi when Tsumugi caught her at it. Stalked Beniko that same day to see who she gave chocolate to (Tsumugi did too). Made the claim that she always knows were Beniko is.Forced a kiss onto Beniko after accidentally (apparently) pushing her down. == That will do for a start. It seems she is a kind person, but she does get awfully carried away over Beniko, and I'm not at all certain that she stands clear of the pervert label because of that (though I probably wouldn't have called her that).

I'll have to get or try to get vols. 1 and 2. thanks for filling me in :-)

At the time I didn't know I'd be scanlating vols. 1 and 2, but we've now seen everything this sometimes kind, sometimes "unwise" girl has done in the first two volumes. What's the verdict? I made my comment back then so I won't argue either way now.

Edit: Spoiler bar remover by me. (It's no longer a spoiler.)

Edit 2: Oh, looking back through the thread, I see I had already decided to do these two volumes. I just hadn't actually started working on them yet.

last edited at Jan 10, 2016 1:24AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Forcing a kiss on Beniko, especially after she confessed and got clearly cut down was going too far in my opinion. When rejected, you don't steal a kiss or anything just because you can. So yeah, what little sympathy I had for that character up to this point (she was kinda creepy with her stalking, but seemed relatively harmless so far) is gone. Especially since she shows no regret at all for what she did and even seems happy/proud of it, despite Beniko just showing her how angry she is about it.

I can be lenient when this kind of characters are played out as a joke, but that whole situation and setting there had a too serious mood for it to work this time. That was just a dick move and show how little she values Beniko's opinion in the matter.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

YES! Now to read this from the start.

Tumblr_o4ze4kdynd1tjyeywo4_500
joined Dec 28, 2015

Just finished reading everything, sad its over

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

There is still the side story from volume two. And then there are two new 20 page specials from the 2nd edition (both of them set after the end of the main story) that I'm planning to do. So it's not over yet. If I can keep this up for one more day I'll get the side story out tomorrow, but you'll have to wait a little while for the 2nd edition specials.

last edited at Jan 11, 2016 1:47AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Woo, I finally read all of Volume 3! This was a nice little series. The only thing I felt bad about was how the focus on Ai and Fuuko really died down, so I hope the specials that Yuri Girl 1001 mentioned above focus on them some more. I want them to be happy together! Anyways, thank you so much for your work on the series.

last edited at Jan 11, 2016 2:02AM

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

I just have to say, this latest spate of releases has been insane. Great job Yuri Girl 1001, and anyone else involved in this project.

I've read all of volume 3, and I can't wait to read it all again once it's truly completely scanlated.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Now that it's relatively finished, I started going through it and I'll note any typos here if you like.

Chapter 2, page 26, second to last panel, third to last bubble/lines - "Ah... No, I fine." should be "I'm" instead of just 'I'.

Chapter 8, page 119(extra), last panel, last bubble - "That so uncool." should be "That's" instead of just 'That'.

Chapter 15, page 49, last panel, second to last bubble - "I guess you be sleeping together." should be "you'll" instead of just 'you'. Unless that's the way she talks of course, but I haven't seen from previous instances that she's speaking like that.

last edited at Jan 11, 2016 4:02AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Nice read, but gives a vibe of unfinished work, too many things feels unresolved, starting with Fuuka and Ai. Kinda feel like Tsumugi and Beniko were promoted to main character somewhere along the third volume.

Still enjoyed it. ^^

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Wow! It joined up! I really wasn't expecting that to happen so soon, thanks very much. Time to start reading through it--I've actually been kind of keeping an eye on this series, planning to wait until the whole thing was there.

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Woww.. I already reread all 3 volumes.. I so much expect more volumes, sadly..

Thanks for scanlanting for us..

joined Mar 25, 2013

No resolution for Ai and Fuuko huh? I wish one of the extra chapters was about them rather than Beniko and Tsumugi.

Still, thanks for all the hard work :]

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

well it was fine, if it focused on Ai and Fuuko and had a better conclusion I probably would have like it more.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Yuri Girl 1001
Thanks for your hard work!

0meo12%20(2)
joined Sep 19, 2011

There is still the side story from volume two. And then there are two new 20 page specials from the 2nd edition (both of them set after the end of the main story) that I'm planning to do. So it's not over yet. If I can keep this up for one more day I'll get the side story out tomorrow, but you'll have to wait a little while for the 2nd edition specials.

Wow, you're rock, thanks so much <3
I was thought it is end.... :(

last edited at Jan 11, 2016 10:33AM

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

god finally, finally i was able to finish this ;w; god i was so scared my ships weren't going to end up happy

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

This finally completes the entire original edition, every last page. But there's still the second edition specials to go.

I just have to say, this latest spate of releases has been insane. Great job Yuri Girl 1001, and anyone else involved in this project.

Emphasis mine.
12 days of releases in a row. I have to agree, I must have been insane. Well I used nearly all of my available time and had to work hard to squeeze it around my other business (and sometimes shorted myself of sleep). But it's not like I did it for you readers. No, seriously, I did it because I wanted to. And I'd already mostly done the Dec 31 release beforehand, so it was really 11 days in a row. After I somehow managed the Jan 1 release, I just couldn't stop. I'm glad I pulled it off.

Now that it's relatively finished, I started going through it and I'll note any typos here if you like.

Thanks for pointing those out. Sometime this evening or tomorrow I'll get around to fixing them, and one or two other things I've noticed myself, such as Tsumugi's name being reversed in some of the character pages I added in vol 3, unless people would rather I drop those pages now. They aren't really needed anymore.

For those who might be angry at Anzu in this side story, it's easy to miss; it took me a while to notice myself, but Anzu actually never seriously considered doing such things. Everything on pages 188 and 189 is actually a brief fantasy of Anzu's. Show me someone who's never fantasized doing something rotten, and I'll show you someone who's brain dead.

last edited at Jan 12, 2016 12:12AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Not bad.

joined Jun 17, 2015

Ai is am important preson to Fuuko, but not the most important one. Fuuko wants Ai to stay with her, not as a lover, but as a friend.
...that's just sad, so sad ;_;

yurinaissance
56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Geez I like more kase tsumugi x anzu than tsumugi x beniko... I hope tsumugi will open her heart to anzu.

To reply you must either login or sign up.