Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Haha, now I need to go watch the last season of Zetsubou sensei... or maybe the complete series x)

joined Apr 3, 2012

Is FF really draggy though? I'm proud to say that I've read through all the chapters in one sitting at least three times, and it doesn't feel draggy at all, when you don't have week long waits in between chapters. The progression of Seolrae's relationship is natural and their budding romance is very adeptly developed. From the very first chapter, where they both fell for each other without even realizing it, up until now where we have one girl oblivious to her feelings and the other so aware of her feelings that she's trying to seal them away.

Earlier on, you would have never thought No-rae would be the first one to realize she's in love with Seol-a, but unlike Seol-a, No-rae actually has been in a serious committed relationship and she isn't nearly as slow on the uptake, when it comes to understanding her heart.

I think the story has developed the nuances of their relationship and individual characteristics perfectly, and if you think otherwise, re-read it. Their romance is so much more believable and engrossing than just about any other yuri/girls love story I've ever read.

By the way, put me down as someone who thinks a confession is coming soon. I know Ssamba said there's a lot of story left to tell, but I don't think that necessarily means No-rae and Seol-a won't be in a relationship for majority of that story. Their acknowledgment of each other's feelings is just the beginning.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

When I read some people saying FF is draggy or something similar I feel like they don't seem to understand how nice is that the story isn't jumping because it feels natural and sweeter. I don't want the story to rush confessions or kisses unless it feels natural. I think the fact that the story moves slowly is the reason why I really love this manhwa. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't like it when yuri story have kisses from the beginning, I just think it's sweeter when it happens slowly.

Of course it's nice to see a relationship unfold slowly, it's just that as readers you're more or less left dangling in the air for a week so it's understandable that people call it draggy, even if story-wise, it's not draggy at all (a draggy story would be Citrus, where saburouta keeps introducing unnecessary love rivals because she can't think of anything else). People who call it draggy most likely love it (they're just impatient and want to know how it ends) and aren't trying to troll you or anything.

That's possible, its just that I always felt that 'draggy' has a negative connotation. I think Citrus is draggy, for example, I dropped that manga because I waited too much time for chapters that only added unnecessary stuff. Though, I'm planning to read it someday when it gets finished.

For the ones that mentioned Korrasami, I just want to say that I agree with you. Korrasami is just beautiful haha. I can't complain. I think the creators made a great first step.

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Is FF really draggy though? I'm proud to say that I've read through all the chapters in one sitting at least three times, and it doesn't feel draggy at all, when you don't have week long waits in between chapters. The progression of Seolrae's relationship is natural and their budding romance is very adeptly developed. From the very first chapter, where they both fell for each other without even realizing it, up until now where we have one girl oblivious to her feelings and the other so aware of her feelings that she's trying to seal them away.

Earlier on, you would have never thought No-rae would be the first one to realize she's in love with Seol-a, but unlike Seol-a, No-rae actually has been in a serious committed relationship and she isn't nearly as slow on the uptake, when it comes to understanding her heart.

I think the story has developed the nuances of their relationship and individual characteristics perfectly, and if you think otherwise, re-read it. Their romance is so much more believable and engrossing than just about any other yuri/girls love story I've ever read.

By the way, put me down as someone who thinks a confession is coming soon. I know Ssamba said there's a lot of story left to tell, but I don't think that necessarily means No-rae and Seol-a won't be in a relationship for majority of that story. Their acknowledgment of each other's feelings is just the beginning.

Perfectly said!

joined Jan 31, 2015

YamaChan:

(emphasis mine)

Agree.

I like the "role reversal" of sorts between Seol-a and No-rae.

That is, at the beginning, we are shown that Seol-a is apparently this incredibly sophisticated and mature person, who has also been in many relationships. No-rae on the other hand is shown to be a sorta ditzy girl with a bubbly, almost childish personality and who does not take things too seriously.

As mentioned in the quote, you would've definitely thought that Seol-a would be the one who comes to understand her feelings, and No-rae would've been the clueless one. Turns out, exact opposite.

On a more general note, I really like how the characters have turned out to be multidimensional people, who have different, sometimes even unexpected sides to them.

(... You know, like real people?)

I'll re-post this thing that I found (previous post), which I think is really neat:

The many sides of Baek Seol-a
part 1, appeared perfection
part 2, impulsive and immature
part 3, innocent and cute
part 4, flirtatious
part 5, cool and sophisticated

The many sides of Kim No-rae
part 1, natural beauty
part 2, expressive
part 3, playful
part 4, protective
part 5, non-judgemental and loyal
part 6, caring

Edit: Updated the links since http://seol-raeffkorrasamitlokaddict.tumblr.com has moved to http://seol-rae0korrasami0reimiko.tumblr.com
Edit: Updated the links again since it has moved to http://seol-rae0korrasami0kumirei.tumblr.com
Edit: Updated the links yet again since it has moved to http://kumiko-x-reina.tumblr.com

last edited at Jul 23, 2015 1:11PM

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

Lara 77:

Perhaps this is exactly why I thought, if there is any progress between the two romantically, it might be a stolen kiss taken without the other realizing it (at sleep for instance and I won't be surprised if it happened while Seol-A staying at No-rae's house).

A moment of weakness is possible. But, I don't know if either of them would have the audacity to steal a kiss, considering both of them retracted from even stealing a touch while the other was asleep.

Overall, I'm just really curious to see how ssamba is going to develop this. She has a tendency of taking our opposite predictions and giving us the best of both worlds somehow. :)

Having said all the stuff above. I am still curious, who will confess first? Long before in the early chapters I always thought Seol-A is the one but now as things progressed I have a feeling No-Rae is the one confessing, or kissing, first.

I think No-rae will be the first to confess. And I'd personally prefer it if she were. She's the one with walls around her heart (and Seol-a knows it) so I feel it'd be really meaningful if it were No-rae who willingly lets down her defenses to take that leap of faith.

But, as far as who initiates the first kiss, my money is on Seol-a. lol.

anonymous:

halmoni's Debut
A Special Tribute to halmoni
By someone on the Facebook FF page:

http://imgur.com/a/1XgoG

Wow, that is pure gold. XP

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

Somehow reading this makes me feel uneasy, you know, with k-drama and manhwa having the tendency to drag out and i mean like really really drag out, you know what i mean, not that it's always bad, but it just makes you -or maybe just me lol- feel tortured. I'd like this manhwa to have medium length, but then again, it's just how i feel. I put all my faith to this manhwaga

last edited at Apr 29, 2015 4:08AM

joined Apr 26, 2015

I've read FF in one-sitting up to chapter 31, it didn't feel draggy. But now that I'm waiting for chapter 33, I won't say it's draggy, more like I can't contain my impatience for the next one

joined Nov 30, 2011

YamaChan

I hope we see them get together and then for the rest of it we see them in their relationship. I'm so tired of romances ending when the two get together. (That goes for hets as well.)

joined Feb 17, 2015

YamaChan

I hope we see them get together and then for the rest of it we see them in their relationship. I'm so tired of romances ending when the two get together. (That goes for hets as well.)

Yeahh me too.its like after they get into a relationship there isnt a single problem occur in the relationship and live happily ever after.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

All the fanarts, and the discussion here, they're like a lip-balm to a very tiring day. Keep 'em coming <3
Then of course nothing beats Monday morning. #Is it Monday yet?

grlsgirlsgurls
Tumblr_mlx3xqnffx1rsdifjo2_500
joined Mar 23, 2015

Never loved Monday so much as these days. It's crazy. Got a smile plastered on my face all of the Monday just gone by.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Never loved Monday so much as these days. It's crazy. Got a smile plastered on my face all of the Monday just gone by.

Same here, it's surprising how this tiny detail can change my since-forever-lasting natural hatred towards Mondays :D

1004423_215737701908251_258016894_n
joined Apr 26, 2015

I enjoy reading manga and Manhwa while listening to music. Most of the music would be slow/sad type which goes very well with the type of the manga I read such as drama or slice of life (Exception would be ofcourse with more violent and horror work such as "island" for example during which the music would be strong/beating type).
While I hardly have specific music with each work, there are few works during which I could only read them while listening to one specific song/music.
One example was Satougashi no Dangan wa Uchinukenai (A Lollipop or a Bullet), an amazing work that I hope EVERYONE here have read it. With each chapter which I have read 10s of times, I found it matching like a waltz dance with the songs of Akino Arai "Ningen no Kodomo A human child"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISjE9rLbCZw

This brings me to the music which somehow end up the one I always have to listen to when reading FF.
Matsu Takako - "tsuki no dansu"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPx2QNAtvf4 (The song played at 43:33)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3jhctjjc1s

last edited at Apr 29, 2015 2:37PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

This.

joined Jan 31, 2015

follower:

Of course it's nice to see a relationship unfold slowly, it's just that as readers you're more or less left dangling in the air for a week so it's understandable that people call it draggy, even if story-wise, it's not draggy at all (a draggy story would be Citrus, where saburouta keeps introducing unnecessary love rivals because she can't think of anything else). [...]

halmoni:

FF is gradual and "draggy", but every chapter has a purpose. We usually learn something new about the characters. I don't think Citrus is in the same boat; I'd say its story is more counterproductive than slow. It builds up, and then goes right back to square one. I dropped it after the two random ass sisters showed up, because at that point the love rival business was getting ridiculous, and I thought I was reading a completely different manga.

Granted, FF has love rivals as well, but they don't pop up out of nowhere to keep a dying story alive.

... ...

... ... ...

What if Fluttering Feelings... was written by Saburouta (author of Citrus)

Chapter 33

No-rae's mom and dad suddenly divorce. So do Seol-a's mom and dad. Turns out Seol-a's mom and No-rae's dad have been having an affair. They get hitched in a quick wedding. Baek Seol-a is now Kim Seol-a.

Seol-a and No-rae immediately move in together and sleep in the same room since they're now stepsiblings. (Makes total sense.)

That night, Seol-a finally confronts No-rae and tries to ask her what's been going on with her lately. To shut her up, No-rae does the only thing one would do in that situation -- No-rae surprise-kisses Seol-a. (I mean, what else was she going to do?)

Cliffhanger ending.

Chapter 34

The next day, Seol-a asks No-rae what that kiss was for. No-rae says it meant nothing. No-rae says to forget it ever happened. Seol-a is sad.

New female character Nam Hee-gyeong is introduced. Immediately starts running after No-rae. Seol-a feels threatened. When she gets No-rae alone, Seol-a surprise-kisses No-rae.

Cliffhanger ending.

Chapter 35

Seol-a decides she'll just be a good stepsibling and stop going after No-rae's affections.

Insert here random stuff of no consequence.

No-rae surprise-kisses Seol-a.

Cliffhanger ending.

Chapter 36

The next day, No-rae says sisters should not do such things. No-rae says to forget it ever happened. Seol-a is sad.

New female character Hwang Min-jin is introduced. Immediately starts running after Seol-a. Blackmails No-rae to go do something, but nothing of consequence ever happens. Plan gets foiled.

Seol-a and No-rae kiss for no particular reason.

Cliffhanger ending.

Chapter 37

New female characters are introduced: triplets Hana, Dul, Set. (Fuck it.) Hana immediately falls in love with No-rae. But Dul loves Hana. And Set loves Dul. And also Hana. And also Seol-a.

Hana confesses to No-rae after knowing her for about 20 minutes. No-rae accepts. Seol-a is sad.

Cliffhanger ending.

Chapter 38

Rinse and repeat ad nauseam.

last edited at Apr 29, 2015 3:21PM

joined Apr 26, 2015

anonymous

That is just hilarious hahaha
Sadly...Citrus started really strong and it was one of the most popular Yuri Manga after GIRLFRIENDS and very promising with nice art especially the cloth styles which was really well detailed and Mai was the hottest girl out of all yuri characters we knew.
It was the last 3 chapters which really ruined everything, and to make it worse, 2 months,,,,,TWO WHOLE MONTHS of waiting!
Ssamba if I may say has the best scenario written so far and I am soooooooo happy that FF was her work and no one else to ruin it with rubbish non-sense.

last edited at Apr 29, 2015 3:44PM

joined Apr 26, 2015

The part of FF where both heroin end up at no-rae's country house reminded me so much of NANA manga...........
God I miss NANA so much........

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

Citrus was long been kicked out of my favorites. I still follow it for the sake of finishing it and it's not something i look forward to. FF on the other hand is like the complete opposite. It's like a vitamin or booster that jumpstart my weekdays. Like a reason for living for another week!

Is there any way we can help the author? (Other than liking FF on comico and reading the release every week, spreading the word). I am not that familiar on how web released series work..i just don't want this to be discontinued like other mangas.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Citrus was long been kicked out of my favorites. I still follow it for the sake of finishing it and it's not something i look forward to.

If Yuzu breaks out the nine-yuri tails and Mei lets rip with the susaNOO-yuri jutsus, I'd start flipping shit. But considering Saburouta already used yuri-sibling jutsu in the latest arc, I don't have much more hope. Maybe if Yuzu sacrifices her life in front of Mei we might actually get some progression and then Mei resurrects her with the power Oneesama love... oh no wait. That'll just lead to no progression at all. My bad. Was getting ahead of myself in actually thinking that there would be any progression at all. ;p

Is there any way we can help the author? (Other than liking FF on comico and reading the release every week, spreading the word). I am not that familiar on how web released series work..i just don't want this to be discontinued like other mangas.

Doing that is just fine to be honest. Also, FF is popular enough that it would take divine intervention to get it canned. The worst is that the editors have the author drag it out and fill it with unnecessary crap.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

The part of FF where both heroin end up at no-rae's country house reminded me so much of NANA manga...........
God I miss NANA so much........

NANA..<3

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

anonymous

Hana, Dul, Set. (Fuck it.)

AHAHAHAHA holy shit anon that was pure comedy gold
Are you the real Saburouta???? I swear I thought you were.

Popularity is everything for webtoons, since popular authors get paid by Naver (website that owns comico) to keep releasing their manhwa. Reading and liking it on comico is the best kind of support you can give.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

What if Fluttering Feelings... was written by Saburouta (author of Citrus)

[left out for reading convieniences]

Haha, the Fluttering Feelings thread really is comedy gold. Touché.
I love saying Touché.

last edited at Apr 29, 2015 6:05PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

tiger

EDIT: Scratch that, if Seol-a cries, maybe No-rae will too because she'll feel awful. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS? (As long as it ends well, anyway.)

LOL YES. This would be so much better actually. I'm not sure how No-rae would get away with her "feelings" if she burst into tears as well tho. :P

moonfrost13

I noticed it. I'm the same way when it comes to physical affection. haha. And whenever Seol-a in particular touches or hugs her, she's super awkward about it and seems to hesitate when touching her in return as if she has to think about it first. Whereas with Hye-kyung and Hee-jin (or anyone else for that matter) she doesn't give it a passing thought.

Blackkitty

Yes,i also noticed that No-rae keeps a distance, probably because i am the total opposite - a loving hugging monster :D hope No-rae opens up eventually :)

trafi

I think it's just her being afraid of having a closer relationship with Seol-A and getting hurt, not her being awkward initiating physical contact.

Actually y'all, I think trafi's right. I half-compiled all the "contact" No-rae moments and was going to analyze them, but it ended up taking way longer than I expected lol. Not enough hrs in the day with finals looming (and fifty bazillion projects/papers/assignments. evil professors).

To be fair, out of all the moments, the only one No-rae's actually ever initiated contact with was Kkyeong (the kid totally doesn't count haha), and even then, it was only three-ish times (and near the very start of the comic). Everyone else (and there's 50+ odd moments), it's been them->No-rae, including Hee-jin and her bro.

That being said, I'm now revising my opinion to No-rae is awkward with physical contact with everyone she's not ridiculously close with. She seemed pretty flustered (as well) the couple of times we saw Ji-hwan touch her as well (well, when she wasn't drunk anyways lol).

Side Note

haha thanks blackkitty :)

:O guh my soul takachi!!

Super Side Note

dude anon kudos to you! honestly, I used to love Citrus and kinda got ticked when people bashed it (up through Ch. 4). Then all the stupid plot devices started happening and I realized that 1) no longer did I care about it, but 2) it was boring as crap. But, the art is pretty. So I still read it anyways...maybe the mangaka will turn it around.

last edited at Apr 29, 2015 7:20PM

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

Omg. Random Reader that sure seems familiar :p
With all the manga (manhwa, manhua, etc) that we have plots are all being recycled, so it will just depend on the representation of the author.

I pray that ssamba will always be healthy and safe, and also all the people who helps us to read and enjoy FF.

halmoni and RR
So we just have to carry on on what we are doing. That eases my mind. And i really believe that FF will not take the same path as Citrus.

anonymous
I was trying so hard to minimize the sound of my laugh in the office as i read your masterpiece.

last edited at Apr 29, 2015 9:49PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.