Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Jan 31, 2015

@ winter

No, thank you for actually creating the fan art.

Copy pasting what I said a while back:

There is way too few fan art of FF out there, whether on DA, Pixiv, so on.
(By few, I mean practically none.)

You, moonfrost13 and a small handful of others are basically "everyone" who are making fan art of FF.

Seriously though, is there a Korean equivalent of Pixiv somewhere out there where there's tons of FF fan art??

I mean, FF is the #1 manhwa/webtoon on Comico, no? Or is it really not that popular "in the grand scheme of things"?

By the way, winter, here's just a really minor comment or suggestion...

Just IMO, with the current theme of your site, I feel that people may easily "miss" old posts, namely because the "next page" button is really well hidden. I realized literally just now that the "+" on the top left is the "next page" link. Pretty hard to find IMO. I guess if one may also know to click that little box icon to go to Archive where all posts can be seen. But otherwise, at a quick glance, one might think that the main page is showing all the posts you have, while in fact you actually have (way) more.

Could be just me, I'm no "Tumblr expert" (whatever that would mean). In fact, I don't really like Tumblr all that much and never really even used it before FF, but it's pretty much the place with the most FF fan content, namely fan art.

... In fact, I just found a fan art that I've never seen before. (See next post.)
And I know for sure I've been to your site before.

last edited at May 3, 2015 2:49PM

Norae3.1
joined Feb 17, 2015

Seriously though, is there a Korean equivalent of Pixiv somewhere out there where there's tons of FF fan art??

I don't know if there are Korean websites like pixiv and I can see that there are some Koreans that uses pixiv (If you read Salty Studio, a webtoon also, the protagonist has pixiv account. lol) Maybe, they use their own blog.

Could be just me, I'm no "Tumblr expert" (whatever that would mean). In fact, I don't really like Tumblr all that much and never really even used it before FF, but it's pretty much the place with the most FF fan content, namely fan art.

I'm not an expert on tumblr, too. I created a tumblr account for DMMd fandoms. lol. I used that theme so my internet connection can handle the whole blog. Hmm...I'll find an interesting theme and change my current theme so it will be easier to find my old posts.

small note: English is not my native language

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I mean, FF is the #1 manhwa/webtoon on Comico, no? Or is it really not that popular "in the grand scheme of things"?

I think most Korean artists just use blogs, Pixiv, or Twitter. I haven't seen an exclusively Korean site like Pixiv, because most artists would probably just opt to use Pixiv since you can change the language to Korean.

FF is the #1 webtoon on comico, but I don't think it's super popular compared to other webtoons in general. Manhwa like "Cheese in the Trap" consistently get 20-30k ratings per chapter, while FF gets around 5-6k. I'm guessing yuri just isn't the most happening thing in Korea (like many other countries), although it's great that FF is as popular as it is right now.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Nya-chan

Some people read waaaay too much into this.

But then, I did the same with Stretch, or Citrus.. >///>

I'm not sure Ssamba delved that deep in the mind of her characters.

It's quite fun to read all these speculations anyway.

I admit it's a great way to cool off after a stressful week lol. And ha! I think everyone has speculated on those two at one point or another. And maybe she doesn't have too in the sense that they're simple enough to not need a very deep understanding of but maybe explaining that mindset to others is why all the debate is raging. And it totally is.

takachi

Goddammit! Another essay, wtf is wrong with me. SMH.

Wrong? I'd say you're at your best with it! In fact, you pretty much almost convinced me :) But I'll keep the "almost" with me, just in case :)

Doh! SoOooOOoo close!! ;-p ... And thanks for the compliment =]

The 'I got found out' and 'fucking embarrassing' could perhaps be because No-rae saw through his bravado. He doesn't actually have the balls to say 'directly' that he likes someone and has to resort to 'shameful tactics' such as getting them to open up to him via a bit of alcohol.

Granted it is coercive but it's not as horrible as the scenario that I had imagined when the new chapter hadn't come out yet.

I also agree with you 100% on the rumours thing. I think part of FF is about how rumours don't present an accurate representation of how someone actually is. Kyeong-woo may be the the 'king of fucking' or whatever but he's definitely far from a monster in my book. That would be like Seol-ah's ex who attempted to strangle her.

kyra, I couldn't agree more!

Never thought about the point on the whole rumors thing. Just seemed like another story where the popular girl gets shit-talked behind her back as happens in other stories. And I had figured that the info on Kyeong-woo was more factual since it was clearly someone who was close to him talking about how he was before college so it wasn't necessarily a rumor persay (given that the reader saw him looking at that photo on the phone and No-rae and to be on the DL and take their word for it).

joined Apr 16, 2015

I just found this manhwa and I love it!! So much so that I had to create an account to join in the discussion, lol.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but it's something that's been stuck on my mind. What do you guys think was the reason Seol-a deliberately got close to Ji-hwan back when they were younger? A girl was looking on. Was this meant to imply that Seol-a liked her too? I think Ji-hwan said something about "back then I knew what you were thinking, so I allowed it. But now I have no idea". If he knew that Seol-a was using him to make the other girl jealous, shouldn't it be obvious that she now has a thing for No-rae?

Btw, do you all think of Seol-a as bi or gay?

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I just found this manhwa and I love it!! So much so that I had to create an account to join in the discussion, lol.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but it's something that's been stuck on my mind. What do you guys think was the reason Seol-a deliberately got close to Ji-hwan back when they were younger? A girl was looking on. Was this meant to imply that Seol-a liked her too? I think Ji-hwan said something about "back then I knew what you were thinking, so I allowed it. But now I have no idea". If he knew that Seol-a was using him to make the other girl jealous, shouldn't it be obvious that she now has a thing for No-rae?

I see it as unlikely that she liked the girl in school. She over heard them bad mouting her and saying how they weren't actually her friend, just pretending as to get close to the guys that fawned over Seol-a. So, she made it clear to claim him completely in order to stick it to the other girl. Now with No-rae, she is legitimately Seol-a's friend so her clinging to Ji-hwan didn't make sense as No-rae wasn't like the other girls.

If either of them are outright gay, I think it is Seol-a. I don't believe she has loved any guy yet and just went out with them just because really.

last edited at Apr 16, 2015 7:17AM

joined Apr 16, 2015

Ahh. I completely missed the fact that it was the same girl who bitched about Seol-a in the bathroom. My bad. Thanks for putting that confusion to rest, lol. I see Seol-a as possibly being bi, but heavily leaning towards girls. She was attracted to No-rae even before No-rae saved her from that psycho ex-bf. And with guys she just never found a reason to reject any of them, because.. meh.

I see it as unlikely that she liked the girl in school. She over heard them bad mouting her and saying how they weren't actually her friend, just pretending as to get close to the guys that fawned over Seol-a. So, she made it clear to claim him completely in order to stick it to the other girl. Now with No-rae, she is legitimately Seol-a's friend so her clinging to Ji-hwan didn't make sense as No-rae wasn't like the other girls.

If either of them is outright gay, I think it is Seol-a. I don't believe she has loved any guy yet and just went out with them just because really.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Halmoni:

FF is the #1 webtoon on comico, but I don't think it's super popular compared to other webtoons in general. Manhwa like "Cheese in the Trap" consistently get 20-30k ratings per chapter, while FF gets around 5-6k. I'm guessing yuri just isn't the most happening thing in Korea (like many other countries), although it's great that FF is as popular as it is right now.

I love Cheese in the Trap!! I think there are a few similarities between FF and Cheese, which might be why I love both, I think (ya know, besides the fact that both are bloody well written). But, the two are significantly different as well, so who knows lol.

xyth:

Agreed, and also from the part when Kyung-woo said they should go somewhere (i think someone mentioned this earlier) and she diverted the topic (saying how cute he is..i don't know if i get that part right). And then she said she's thristy maybe to have a chance to call No-rae. It might be like Seol-A got cold water poured onto her head (not literally, like an alert signal has been raised) thus sobering her up a bit to make that call. Not that she wants to go home, she looked like she does just need a chaperone so that something bad can be avoided. But she's clearly drunk.

Haha, yes I completely agree with this! Exactly what I was thinking :)

Let's be positive :) i think this is some sort of build up for the next chapter. And i cannot help but to create scenarios in my head again.

Hmm...yes, I suppose so! I'll have to convince myself (somehow).

xyth:

I think that "Ah" part is for Kyung-woo's realization that he's been found out.

halmoni:

It was more like a late reaction to what No-rae said. He realized "Oh. I've been discovered. That's what she was talking about."

Oh wow, I think y'all are right. doh. Thanks y'all :)

moonfrost13:

So close! You were almost spot on with your headcanon prediction. Darn, how did Seol-a manage to tell her the passcode when she was barely conscious? haha. But, I'm still very happy with the outcome. Which room they ended up in isn't as important as the two of them being together in it.

I have to admit, No-rae made me swoon in this chapter. When Kyung-woo tried to evade revealing their location, you could feel all of the delicious tension the moment she said his full name. And that glare she shot him... <3

If Seol-a doesn't remember what happened I would be a little disappointed. Though I assume the memory would come back to her at some point. But, I much prefer the idea that she's fully aware of everything and wakes up completely horrified by her behavior, not knowing how to approach No-rae after all of the embarrassing things she put her through. XP

I don't know!! I'm was sooo disappointed (but in a good way lol). But maybe Seol-a had told her the passcode prior, just in case something like the strangling incident happened again?

Haha, No-rae was extremely badass. I was so impressed with her. And oh gosh!! I didn't even think of that. Now, I really want it to happen. I can just imagine an embarrassed Seol-a...and if No-rae continues to semi-avoid her, then I can't wait to see if that would exacerbate her behavior or, at least, how it would modify it.

moonfrost13:

I was expecting No-rae to show up beforehand but, I think I prefer this development. I know some of the comments here wanted No-rae to come save the day, while others wished Seol-a could get out of the dangerous situation herself. And ssamba managed to give us both. And I think realistically it made sense since most of us wouldn't run around an area, searching for our friend, who may or may not be in trouble. Since our worries could be chalked up to an overactive imagination. So having Seol-a actually call and hearing how wasted she was, that was a plausible tipping point to move No-rae into action.

Oh, you have a point! I know I definitely wouldn't...well that just significantly reduced my disappointment haha. :) Thanks. Ssamba did give us the best of both worlds!

moonfrost13:

I'm eager to see what develops next, though I'm also bracing my heart for it. I feel ssamba has a two steps forward, one step back pattern. Whenever there's a chapter that gets everyone excited and believing things will proceed full speed ahead with further positive developments, the opposite occurs. As if ssamba is saying, "I gave you fluff in the previous chapter, now here have some angst." :P

UGH. NO. DON'T SAY SUCH THINGS. That would mean like zero development next chapter. orz

winter: (oops, I called you white for some reason. fixed).

I srsly love your fanart!! Especially the last one anon posted!

last edited at Apr 16, 2015 12:14PM

Norae3.1
joined Feb 17, 2015

winter: (oops, I called you white for some reason. fixed).

I srsly love your fanart!! Especially the last one anon posted!

white? Eh? Why? XD
Thank you for loving it. ^^ I will continue doing fanarts until FF ends.♪

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

winter

white? Eh? Why? XD
Thank you for loving it. ^^ I will continue doing fanarts until FF ends.♪

I'm not sure...I think because where I'm at, it's been snowing all winter....so apparently winter and white are synonymous now haha.

and yay!! that is freaking awesome. :3

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

Saturdaaaay!!~~~

I really hope that No-rae will stay (and take care of her!!!).. Seol-a will call her name.. ask her to stay.. holding No-rae's hand while sleeping.. = troubled No-rae.
delusions... delusions....

Well kind of impossible-ish (still hoping even if it's a 0.0000001% chance). No-rae will most likely leave.

#SsambaKnowsBest

My_neighbor_totoro__totoro_by_grenadewhistle-d6iwwr8
joined Jan 15, 2015

http://s21.postimg.org/n4mmrx4h3/image.jpg

^just wanna share my FF sketch..
btw i re-read all the chapters.. I thought the story was progressing slow but it's not.. ssamba is daebak! the story really lives up to its title.. :((

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

^ You should upload it somewhere :P

grlsgirlsgurls
Tumblr_mlx3xqnffx1rsdifjo2_500
joined Mar 23, 2015

http://s21.postimg.org/n4mmrx4h3/image.jpg

^just wanna share my FF sketch..
btw i re-read all the chapters.. I thought the story was progressing slow but it's not.. ssamba is daebak! the story really lives up to its title.. :((

Nice! I like your sketch

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

So, any predictions for tonight's chapter? I fear it will be a "flashback" one with reflections of both Seol-a and No-rae on what has happened. Maybe Seol-a will call No-rae to say sorry and thank her for yesterday. And maybe No-rae will ask if Seol-a needs any help and gets invited? Or maybe it's gonna be No-rae's turn to cook a breakfast :) But I think that right now the one who needs to make up her mind is No-rae, way more than Seol-a. Also wonder what day of the week it is in FF? Do they need to go to uni or it's a weekend? If it's the former, hopefully Seol-a finally finds a way to talk to No-rae. If it's the latter, chances are higher for No-rae to help Seol-a recover after a crazy night xD

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

I agree with you. It'll probably be a flashback and not much will happen in 'present day' unfortunately. I think as a whole the story moved briskly but taken week to week it seems super slow.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Hmm, my excitement this week seems to be tempered, so I guess, at least on a subconscious level, I agree with y'all (or it might be smaller because I know I'm not going to be able to read this chapter until like three hours after it comes out).

I think a flashback would be "worse case" scenario...as in, moonfrost13's prediction would come through and we'd have 0 current development.

takachi:

Also wonder what day of the week it is in FF? Do they need to go to uni or it's a weekend?

It was Sunday when No-rae realized her feelings, and then at least two days passed where No-rae was avoiding Seol-a. Seol-a hadn't actually seen No-rae on the let's-get-drunk-with-Kyung-Woo! day, until she ran into her eating lunch. We know from the previous chapters than they have class together [at some point in the day] every day, so I think it's safe to assume that it was Wed. Which would make "today" Thurs...and I think they have class in the morning and not the afternoon. So that means if Seol-a actually shows up (she might oversleep), there will definitely be some awkwardness (because if she doesn't oversleep, I'm willing to bet someone else's arm and leg that they'll both run into each other 'late').

last edited at Apr 19, 2015 1:22PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

It was Sunday when No-rae realized her feelings, and then at least two days passed where No-rae was avoiding Seol-a. Seol-a hadn't actually seen No-rae on the let's-get-drunk-with-Kyung-Woo! day, until she ran into her eating lunch. We know from the previous chapters than they have class together [at some point in the day] every day, so I think it's safe to assume that it was Wed. Which would make "today" Thurs...and I think they have class in the morning and not the afternoon.

o.O

I'm impressed

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

^Haha, thank you. :P

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

HypocriticalLiar, you definitely have sense for detail ^ ^ well done!

joined Mar 28, 2014

It was Sunday when No-rae realized her feelings
at least two days passed where No-rae was avoiding Seol-a

Eh?! But how can you tell?! Now I'm really curious! Why not Saturday? And why two days specifically as opposed to entire week?

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

ooops i made a mistake, i rescind my previous hypothesizing. :P take back y'alls praises y'all.

Takachi

Eh?! But how can you tell?! Now I'm really curious! Why not Saturday? And why two days specifically as opposed to entire week?

The fact that classes weren't shown threw me off...since I knew the last two chapters hadn't had them in class (until Ch 29), I had assumed it was Sunday (I was wrong lol, nice catch!).

I guess, working back from the last real day we were given...

Sunday was Exhibition day (Ch 21). Chs 22-23 were Sunday night. Then Ch 24 should be the next day (Monday). Ch 25-26 were Monday night, Ch 27 [the realization] should be Tuesday night then.

As for why I only thought it was a couple of days, it's because No-rae only had two different outfits lol. That and the fact that Seol-a is pretty bright...if No-rae had been avoiding her for more than a couple of days (i.e. the class thing had happened more than two times) I'm pretty sure she would have caught on. Moreover, she was actually going through all the evidence in her head, at one point...if there were more instances, I'm pretty sure Ssamba would have drawn them (hah, at least, that's what I'm banking on. Who knows :P )

This actually makes a lot more sense, because if she avoided Seol-a Wed-Thurs, that would put let's-get-drunk-with-Kyung-Woo! day on Friday (I would say Friday date nights make more sense, but No-rae's friend had a date on Thurs night I think)....which would mean that "Today" would be Saturday.

Aw shite. :C Maybe I'm still wrong. But I suppose that's my final guess: Saturday

last edited at Apr 19, 2015 4:04PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

lol , not taking back the praise, efforts appreciated, right or wrong

joined Mar 28, 2014

Chs 22-23 were Sunday night.

Good question. I don't think it's very likely though. I doubt they'd have a party with the professor on Sunday night. That sunday evening Seol-a was wearing glasses and drinking coffee at home, reflecting on Hee-jin's words. Besides, how did they get the professor out with them?

then we have a day with Ji-hwan confessing to No-rae and Seol-a visiting her mother with Ji-hwan

then we have all three characters reflecting on Ji-hwan's confession... this is where Seol-a's training and her imagination goes wild

then, likely on another weekend, we have Seol-a going to a spa with her mom. And No-rae picks her up for a dinner and realizes feelings for Seol-a. It's a weekend because it's happening during the day and Seol-a's mom's there before 6pm as opposed to be at work. Besides Seol-a mentioned that she didn't sleep last night, most likely due-to a party.

then we have let's-get-drunk-with-Kyung-Woo! day. The only time clue we have is Seol-a mentioning that something's been going wrong the entire week... but whether it's Wednesday, Friday or another day.. I think we really don't know...

To reply you must either login or sign up.