Forum › Citrus discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't see how Yuzu and Mei wouldn't end up together. If Saburouta were to introduce a new love interest for Yuzu, it would derail the whole thing. Not to say she couldn't do that, but any mangaka worth her salt knows what her readership wants.

And I bet 10 internet cookies that it's Yuzu and Mei together.

All in all, I enjoy Citrus because the author made me care about Yuzu AND Mei and I want to see things work out between them. I won't say it's perfect (it's slow as hell), but then, if they were all lovey dovey after chapter 8, this manga would already be over.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I already read the new chapter that's out on other sites , and I will say the drama between everyone involved seems really fickle . I only hope that this gets worked out asap so we can all read the romance between them.

I hope it has a gran finale, like... i don't know... them making sweeeet love , Mei and Yuzu that is.

At the rate Yuzu is going with Mei, I am sorry to say I see no hope in Yuzu's future with Mei :( Yuzu needs to move on and separate herself from Mei's life and just remain a sister and one whom Mei could talk to should something arise. Yuzu needs to now find her own special person , but only after fully letting go of any notion of being with Mei. Otherwise Yuzu will doom her new relationship with past things and won't be able to focus on what is really important. <3

That'd be super mature and cool,but...wouldn't that need the manga to go on for even longer? Plus...honestly..I like that couple,sure Mei doesn't deserve Yuzu...but..hmm wait.. now i'm not sure... no, i am,if they don't end up together I won't order the whole collection once it's done!!!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Mei is a wounded character. Yuzu starts the story as a carefree character. Mei didn't have Yuzu in her life for that long, so that she'd change instantaneously for the better just because Yuzu loves her would be cliche.

But I think Mei deserves Yuzu because she's the only one that can help her get out of the pits of despair and fear she's in. It will be difficult, it will be hearwrenching, but that makes Yuzu's character all the more lovable.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Another thing too Nya-Chan is that Yuzu realized at some point that Mei needs that support and that she also has to be her friend/sister and not just some possible romantic interest. Most romances seem to only focus on the romance and less on meaningful character growth and progression, at least Citrus is one of the few I've come across that identifies this aspect of relationships.

joined Apr 13, 2015

Seeing back at how the manga moves on till now... I totally think Mei 'will' kiss Sarah and Yuzu coming right in this moment and will be heartbroken (once again x.x).
I still believe Mei and Sarah will break up very fast again (probably in the same chapter as in which Yuzu will get hurt again by them kissing)
I just hope that the author then 'slowly' moves really in direction of Yuzu and Mei together and not start just another "And the next rival in line is..."-lottery x.x

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Another thing too Nya-Chan is that Yuzu realized at some point that Mei needs that support and that she also has to be her friend/sister and not just some possible romantic interest. Most romances seem to only focus on the romance and less on meaningful character growth and progression, at least Citrus is one of the few I've come across that identifies this aspect of relationships.

My point exactly. Some people complain that the romance isn't going anywhere fast, but I find it more entertaining to watch the characters grow, rather than hop in the sack and live happily ever after, after a few drama scenes.

That's what I liked too in Prism for example. After the romance started, Megumi realized that it wasn't all there was to it, that she wanted/needed to know and understand Hikaru better. Because that's what love is about if you're serious about it and not just infatuated.

Mei needs to learn to trust others and herself before she can really "accept" Yuzu. And Yuzu needs to understand where Mei comes from and why she reacts the way she does, before she can really help her and see clearly that it's not only infatuation, but a real love.

last edited at Apr 14, 2015 5:04AM

joined Apr 27, 2014

My point exactly. Some people complain that the romance isn't going anywhere fast, but I find it more entertaining to watch the characters grow, rather than hop in the sack and live happily ever after, after a few drama scenes.

That's what I liked too in Prism for example. After the romance started, Megumi realized that it wasn't all there was to it, that she wanted/needed to know and understand Hikaru better. Because that's what love is about if you're serious about it and not just infatuated.

Mei needs to learn to trust others and herself before she can really "accept" Yuzu. And Yuzu needs to understand where Mei comes from and why she reacts the way she does, before she can really help her and see clearly that it's not only infatuation, but a real love.

Ah, I get your point now...with that in mind this work may be one of the best yuri mangas out there, ( along with the ones by my favourite mangakas of course ) I just wonder how things will go, but yes, kudos on not having Mei "fixed" only cos of someone loves her...that'd be unrealistic.

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

Ah, I get your point now...with that in mind this work may be one of the best yuri mangas out there, ( along with the ones by my favourite mangakas of course ) I just wonder how things will go, but yes, kudos on not having Mei "fixed" only cos of someone loves her...that'd be unrealistic.

If that is the case, then a long road is ahead for Yuzu and her emotions , as well as Mei who will have to develop the emotions needed . At current , this is almost like a child poking at an animal to see if it's really dead , but it seems like maybe Mei aside from needing the emotions to love , could also be testing Yuzu to see if she is serious or if it might be infatuation .

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I've been rereading Gokujou Drops and realized that Mei is just the annoying version of Yukio.

the best yuri mangas out there

Mh, yeah no, I don't think it should be considered one of the best yuri manga out there. Every thing Citrus does, another Yuri manga has already done better, more realistic and/or less forced. I'm not saying Citrus is bad and if it's one of your favorite mangas then, you know, that's how it is, but there are certainly a lot of better yuri manga.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That is a poor argument you know?

Literally EVERYTHING has been done better elsewhere.

joined Apr 27, 2014

I've been rereading Gokujou Drops and realized that Mei is just the annoying version of Yukio.

the best yuri mangas out there

Mh, yeah no, I don't think it should be considered one of the best yuri manga out there. Every thing Citrus does, another Yuri manga has already done better, more realistic and/or less forced. I'm not saying Citrus is bad and if it's one of your favorite mangas then, you know, that's how it is, but there are certainly a lot of better yuri manga.

Well, I've read tons and I mean tons of yuri mangas...to be honest I keep reading this cos I LOVE the art,the character design is so pretty!!!! But taking that bias aside, yeah it's not so good,still,they look gorgeous .

My actual favourites would be... ney tough choice,but I like Amano Shuninta works, Morinaga Milk.. Takemiya ,hmmm , this one I forgot..that is like about real life lesbians...ugh it was good and sad cos it was almost an autobiography.. will look it up.

I'm so bad with names. oh and the super Moe author too!!!!

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

That is a poor argument you know?

Literally EVERYTHING has been done better elsewhere.

Should have said "a lot of yuri manga have already done better". Point is, a yuri manga that has half the readers complaining about how stupid their relationship is, is probably not the best yuri manga around.

But well in the end everything is down to opinion. If people consider Citrus one of the best yuri manga around then that's just their wrong opinion. There's no "argument" against opinion.

Well, I've read tons and I mean tons of yuri mangas...to be honest I keep reading this cos I LOVE the art,the character design is so pretty!!!! But taking that bias aside, yeah it's not so good,still,they look gorgeous .

My actual favourites would be... ney tough choice,but I like Amano Shuninta works, Morinaga Milk.. Takemiya ,hmmm , this one I forgot..that is like about real life lesbians...ugh it was good and sad cos it was almost an autobiography.. will look it up.

I'm so bad with names. oh and the super Moe author too!!!!

The art is definitely one of the strong points of the manga.

I guess you mean Akiko with Moe author? And Honey & Honey was the autobiographic one, I think.

last edited at Apr 14, 2015 11:50AM

joined Apr 27, 2014

Yes Akiko and yes Honey & Honey, Plica was also cool cos it was different.

last edited at Apr 14, 2015 12:48PM

Hana_midorikawa___kangoku_gakuen__prison_school__by_soraname-d8oa83c
joined Apr 11, 2015

, more realistic and/or less forced. I'm not saying Citrus is bad and if it's one of your favorite mangas then, you know, that's how it is, but there are certainly a lot of better yuri manga.

Ah! There you got it! That's the point I was trying to make earlier.
I agree somehow Yuzu and Mei compliment each other and they both have been growing and learning as the story progress, and it's interesting seeing that development, cause, actually that's what it is interacting with people, you get to know your flaws, your good parts, you grow, you change, you learn, some people get the worst in you, some other get the best of you. I don't even care about how slowly the things are going, otherwise as some of you said, Mei changing that fast would be kinda boring.
My point is, lately some situations look really forced! I mean "oh, I don't know what else to do to keep Mei and Yuzu's relationship growing, i need more situations !...hmm, oh yeah! Right! I got it, there you go! Random characters to keep the drama going on" It got me like, wow, what? , it's just so out of the blue!
Are like, the editors forcing the author to keep the manga going or something? Because to me it seems like she's getting out of ideas :S Like she had that great idea of writing this manga, she went for it but at some point she just didn't knew anymore how to keep it going and hit the initial idea she had for it.
¡Ya no tiene coherencia!

last edited at Apr 15, 2015 3:16AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Right, because real life relationships develop according to carefully elaborated plans and never because unforseen circumstances that spark that development.

last edited at Apr 15, 2015 3:41AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

In real life relationships, sometimes, nothing happens at all.

Daily boring life, you know. Like 34-sai Mushoku-san.

Real life doesn't have timeskip though...

joined Nov 30, 2011

How does one get a boring relationship and a boring life?? -_-

last edited at Apr 15, 2015 5:09AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, you know... you still have to buy groceries, do laundry, wash dishes, fill tax forms... all the joys of real life. Maybe boring is not the right word. Dull maybe?

Once you have settled in a relationship, it may not be boring in itself, but it's not like there's a dramatic turn of events every week.

And that's why we love manga. There's always something happening.

Except 34-sai Mushoku-san. I don't think something remarkable ever happened in this one.

last edited at Apr 15, 2015 5:39AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Heh, I've been experiencing and am almost the complete opposite of that post lol...

Well, you know... you still have to buy groceries, do laundry, wash dishes, fill tax forms... all the joys of real life. Maybe boring is not the right word. Dull maybe?

Well... I enjoy shopping for groceries (tend to do it when I'm hungry though... proooobably not a great idea), washing dishes, folding laundry, and taxes are peanuts compared to doing hw every week and studying for tests, and researching and writing papers then waiting for a grade, so... peanuts. ;)

Once you have settled in a relationship, it may not be boring in itself, but it's not like there's a dramatic turn of events every week.

Eh, things don't need to be dramatic to not be boring.

And that's why we love manga. There's always something happening.

Very true! Not to mention it's more exaggerated and kinda awesome ;)

Except 34-sai Mushoku-san. I don't think something remarkable ever happened in this one.

I have been wanting to read this manga for a very long time. * does a quick search * holy shit! Had no idea it was here!! C=- 0

Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

Right, because real life relationships develop according to carefully elaborated plans and never because unforseen circumstances that spark that development.

^agreed. people keep on complaining but angst and drama pretty much go hand and hand with romance story. In real life, nothing goes on what you plan and your lucky if things work out for you especially in a relationship.There are times you want to beat the crap of the main characters but in the end everything will be worth it. If the story is all sweet and fluffy i think it would only make the readers bored. I know this certain show that start out good with mild drama but at the end it got boring cuz it only just lovely dovey between the two and the ending become much more predictable. I think the story is already reaching its turning point since Yuzu is finally ready to face Mei and lets not forget that they are at the point that they could not ignore their feelings for each other anymore so its just a matter of time that this two will take a break from all the drama.

joined Apr 27, 2014

^agreed. people keep on complaining but angst and drama pretty much go hand and hand with romance story. In real life, nothing goes on what you plan and your lucky if things work out for you especially in a relationship.There are times you want to beat the crap of the main characters but in the end everything will be worth it. If the story is all sweet and fluffy i think it would only make the readers bored. I know this certain show that start out good with mild drama but at the end it got boring cuz it only just lovely dovey between the two and the ending become much more predictable. I think the story is already reaching its turning point since Yuzu is finally ready to face Mei and lets not forget that they are at the point that they could not ignore their feelings for each other anymore so its just a matter of time that this two will take a break from all the drama.

That all can be true,plus,yeah ,there is plenty sweet, fluffy drama free manga out there, which I enjoy too, with this,well there's a certain appeal in the upbuilding tension and seeing how will it all unravel .

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I'm confused, most people don't have timeskips? I assumed we all did...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I dunno what they're all talking about. I once accidentally fell asleep on my timeskip button and napped through the entirety of the 19th and 20th centuries.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

I dunno what they're all talking about. I once accidentally fell asleep on my timeskip button and napped through the entirety of the 19th and 20th centuries.

Are thy the Immortal Being? KARSSSSSSSSSS!!

last edited at Apr 17, 2015 2:35AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Those are actually fugue states.

To reply you must either login or sign up.