Forum › Citrus discussion

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I thought Saburota was a woman?

Yes, she is. Just that everyone who didn't look that up (which is the majority), simply assume it's a he. Mangaupdates has the gender of most authors when applicable. If one wants to know for sure, a quick search seems a good idea.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

you know the story doesn't just end happily after love confessions and going out, I think that's where the real thing starts!

This is probably one of the most obnoxious parts to most yuri mangas in my opinion. It's incredibly rare for a story to cover the lead up to the relationship as well as the relationship itself. The ones that cover the relationship itself can be a bit better since they often at least have a flashback to them getting together but that's still only a little bit. That's why Girl Friends is still one of my favorite yuris. (Other than the fact it was the very first one I read and is still good regardless.)

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

So it seems that Nina is another Matsuri.. Makes since

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That Saburouta would be a he or a she is irrelevant, as long as the story is good.

Both male and female mangaka have written really good pieces of yuri, so I don't really look that up before reading and loving something.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

That Saburouta would be a he or a she is irrelevant, as long as the story is good.

Both male and female mangaka have written really good pieces of yuri, so I don't really look that up before reading and loving something.

Saburo Uta, is a she ^.^

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Saburo Uta, is a she ^.^

Really? well she could stop making my heart ache and get those morons together already,haha I like the manga, but come on finish it!

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Honestly, I don't think that's true. I consider Morinaga Milk, Morishima Akiko, Amano Shuninta and Jin Takemiya to be the greatest yuri mangaka around and I don't think it's coincidence that all of those are lesbians themselves. Sure, there are awesome yuri comedies, SoLs, whatever by both men and straight women but when it comes to actual romance or the relationships themselves, there is just no way for them to fully relate.

Edit: Well, I agree that the gender of the author doesn't matter when reading, I just think it's more likely for yuri written by women to be better in those regards.

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 4:15PM

joined Apr 27, 2014

How weird..the chapter is out on another manga site I visit but not here, so I can't comment properly here boooo

joined Apr 27, 2014

Honestly, I don't think that's true. I consider Morinaga Milk, Morishima Akiko, Amano Shuninta and Jin Takemiya to be the greatest yuri mangaka around and I don't think it's coincidence that all of those are lesbians themselves. Sure, there are awesome yuri comedies, SoLs, whatever by both men and straight women but when it comes to actual romance or the relationships themselves, there is just no way for them to fully relate.

What? they are also lesbians?? ... Sweet! I mean, now it makes sense why I like their works the most!!!!! you made my day brighter

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What? they are also lesbians?? ... Sweet! I mean, now it makes sense why I like their works the most!!!!! you made my day brighter

Either lesbians or bi, depending on which one you mean. But girls who are into girls in any case.

Morishima Akiko is a moesexual.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

How weird..the chapter is out on another manga site I visit but not here, so I can't comment properly here boooo

We'll upload Yuri Project's version when it is posted on their site, as usual.

joined Apr 27, 2014

Either lesbians or bi, depending on which one you mean. But girls who are into girls in any case.

Moesexual? Is that a real thing or is it about the moe? Sorry,never heard it hehe. Lesbians or bi will do hehe,well being a lesbian is nice knowing other girls into girls draw awesome yuri!!!

joined Apr 27, 2014

We'll upload Yuri Project's version when it is posted on their site, as usual.

Ah,I see, I don't know much about groups and dates, excuse me Miss, or Mister ^^

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Moesexual? Is that a real thing or is it about the moe? Sorry,never heard it hehe. Lesbians or bi will do hehe,well being a lesbian is nice knowing other girls into girls draw awesome yuri!!!

Yeah, Morishima is all about the moe. All moe, all the time.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, read this and you will understand.

joined Apr 27, 2014

Yeah, read this and you will understand.

Ahhh,this is the only one I haven't read by her!! thank you

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

I already read the new chapter that's out on other sites , and I will say the drama between everyone involved seems really fickle . I only hope that this gets worked out asap so we can all read the romance between them.

joined Apr 27, 2014

I already read the new chapter that's out on other sites , and I will say the drama between everyone involved seems really fickle . I only hope that this gets worked out asap so we can all read the romance between them.

I hope it has a gran finale, like... i don't know... them making sweeeet love , Mei and Yuzu that is.

Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

I'm starting to hate Nina now. She is meddling too much when its so obvious Mei don't love her sister >_> I wonder if Yuzu will see the kiss and lost confidence to say anything again or will she go and confess in public :) The tension between Yuzu and Mei feels like they would snap anytime... or maybe they already did short bed scene XD . For me Citrus is getting better now XD

last edited at Apr 13, 2015 8:31PM

joined Apr 27, 2014

I'm starting to hate Nina now. She is meddling too much when its so obvious Mei don't love her sister >_> I wonder if Yuzu will see the kiss and lost confidence to say anything again or will she go and confess in public :) The tension between Yuzu and Mei feels like they would snap anytime... or maybe they already did short bed scene XD . For me Citrus is getting better now XD

Man... that short bed scene,they so want it haha ,do it already women!! and yes Nina is a jackass as far as I'm concerned! I hope Yuzu stumbles and kisses Mei instead or something

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

the aaaaaannnggggts... so delicious~

joined Jun 27, 2014

I hope it has a gran finale, like... i don't know... them making sweeeet love , Mei and Yuzu that is.

At the rate Yuzu is going with Mei, I am sorry to say I see no hope in Yuzu's future with Mei :( Yuzu needs to move on and separate herself from Mei's life and just remain a sister and one whom Mei could talk to should something arise. Yuzu needs to now find her own special person , but only after fully letting go of any notion of being with Mei. Otherwise Yuzu will doom her new relationship with past things and won't be able to focus on what is really important. <3

joined Jun 27, 2014

the aaaaaannnggggts... so delicious~

Angst in manga's really upsets me, the frustration of not doing something when you know full well you should , just gets on my nerves .I guess that's it's function lol , and it's bad for my heart .

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Saburo Uta, is a she ^.^

Really? well she could stop making my heart ache and get those morons together already,haha I like the manga, but come on finish it!

Hey, I want the same thing. Unfortunately though, there's no such thing as a free lunch

joined Apr 27, 2014

Saburo Uta, is a she ^.^

Hey, I want the same thing. Unfortunately though, there's no such thing as a free lunch

Free lunch?

To reply you must either login or sign up.