Forum › Citrus discussion

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

Hmmm...Been a month since the raws for chapter 15 were released. Any day now. o.o
* sets up camp *
* starts campfire *
* starts grilling marshmallows *
Anybody want some?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hmmm...Been a month since the raws for chapter 15 were released. Any day now. o.o
* sets up camp *
* starts campfire *
Anybody want some?

Relevant to your interests.

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

* sets up camp *
* starts campfire *
Anybody want some?

Relevant to your interests.

The site isn't loading because my Internet connection decides to be a bitch once again. I shall continue grilling my 'mallows, waiting patiently. I'm prepared this time. o.o * points to huge trailer of food and drinks in the BG *

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

* sets up camp *
* starts campfire *
Anybody want some?

I like your avatar, where is it from?

Maybe they'll feature a double release with chapter 16

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

I like your avatar, where is it from?

It's a fanart of one of my OTPs: Mina x Yoko from Darker Than Black season 2. I found it on the internets a while ago. They were kinda canon in the anime, but (really heavy spoiler warning!) sadly, they never actually happened cause Yoko was killed before their relationship could develop to something romantic. DX

Maybe they'll feature a double release with chapter 16

For Citrus? I don't think so. And honestly, I hope they never will. o.o Afaik, Yuri Hime, which is the magazine Citrus is being released in, is a pretty regular, bimonthly magazine. So if they ever make a double release for Citrus, it would mean we'd have to wait 4 months for the chapters. D: I don't think I could stand this. The fellas from Yuri Project take their time with their work, but experience has shown until now that they normally don't need significantly longer than a month to scanlate a new chap after the raws have been released. The raws for Citrus ch. 15 were released sometime around the 15th of March, so as long as nothing serious happened to slow down the scanlation team, it should be here soon. o.o

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

So who uploaded the scanlated Chapter 15 on MangaFox?

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

Ah yes, the folk on MangaFox tends to be frowned upon by big scanlation groups for doing the things they do (specifically: not respecting people's work.) The version, that was uploaded on MangaFox isn't a version that was done by Yuri Project. It was done by a small team called RieLee Rough Subs, a duo consisting of Herin Lee (translator) and Rie Silene (editor). Like the name of their little collab says, they do rough translations of some manga, but their versions are never quality checked or proof read by anyone, which is why they don't actually release their work anywhere. They only put it up for download on certain websites, mostly including an extra page or a note in the description of the download, in which they specifically ask for their work to not be uploaded anywhere else. Maybe they forgot about that note this time or whoever uploaded it on MF just removed it and put it up anyway, but I'm pretty certain Herin and Rie never meant for their version to be uploaded on MF and I also think that YP's version will be significantly better in terms of quality.

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 3:02AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Just stumbled across some fan art: Citrus Tribute 1: A Midnight Bath

joined Mar 23, 2013

It's a fanart of one of my OTPs: Mina x Yoko from Darker Than Black season 2.

There is no season 2.

Maybe they forgot about that note this time or whoever uploaded it on MF just removed it and put it up anyway, but I'm pretty certain Herin and Rie never meant for their version to be uploaded on MF and I also think that YP's version will be significantly better in terms of quality.

MF uploads aren't manual for the most part, the beast searches on its own..

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 2:59PM

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

There is no season 2.

Of course there is a season 2. Darker Than Black - Ryuusei no gemini, a 12 episode season and sequel of Darker Than Black - Kuro no keiyakusha. Do your research before you post.

MF uploads aren't manual for the most part, the beast searches on its own..

Highly doubt that.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Of course there is a season 2. Darker Than Black - Ryuusei no gemini, a 12 episode season and sequel of Darker Than Black - Kuro no keiyakusha. Do your research before you post.

I repeat, there is no season 2. We do not speak of it.

Highly doubt that.

Do not doubt it, there's a reason why many scan group won't allow you to get access to their content if you don't make an account ( sometimes you even have to make another acoount the forum as well ).

In the end it's not really that much protection since you only need to "I'm not a robot" once.

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

I repeat, there is no season 2. We do not speak of it.

Personally, I loved the season. I don't care what anyone thinks, but I loved it. v.v

Do not doubt it, there's a reason why many scan group won't allow you to get access to their content if you don't make an account ( sometimes you even have to make another acoount the forum as well ).

In the end it's not really that much protection since you only need to "I'm not a robot" once.

Being a sceptic is literally part of my job, so it's natural for me to doubt everything, that I haven't researched on my own (which is what I'm doing right now, lol. Work has brainwashed me. XD) I'm doubting it mainly for the reason that mangafox is a free website. I know servers can do a lot these days and I'm not saying what you're claiming wouldn't technically be possible. But with the overload of ads displayed on MF, it's clear that it's not a privately owned website, but a hosted one. Someone renting a server, that can look for very specific data, crack codes, download data, upload data and organize it in specific ways all on its own and NOT charge a fee to enter the website seems highly unlikely. Either the admin of the site is filthy rich to be able to pay for such a high performance server each month, or what you're saying is most likely not true. But I won't settle for neither your nor my own point until my research has been successful.

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 4:02PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Being a sceptic is literally part of my job, so it's natural for me to doubt everything, that I haven't researched on my own (which is what I'm doing right now, lol.

I've been on the internet long enough to doubt everything as well. But Im quite friendly with a scan group that message me before that put releases on their blog.

So I'm literally the first person to read and DL, by the time I'm finished most of the time after I'm done and 10 minutes later it's up on mangafox/mangahere what have you. And they aren't mainstream mangas for the most part, there's no reason why some dude wouls be creeping their releases with that speed. It happened too many times to be a coincidence.

But you can go ahead and research all you want while I play games n' all, whatever amuses you =P .

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 4:46PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

That could explain why sometimes they upload a incomplete chapter on mangahere/fox, sometimes they upload even only one page...

Isn't mangahere and mangafox owned by the same person/group?

And what games Evilnemesis?

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 5:00PM

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

I've been on the internet long enough to doubt everything as well. But Im quite friendly with a scan group that message me before that put releases on their blog.

So I'm literally the first person to read and DL, by the time I'm finished most of the time after I'm done and 10 minutes later it's up on mangafox/mangahere what have you. And they aren't mainstream mangas for the most part, there's no reason why some dude wouls be creeping their releases with that speed. It happened too many times to be a coincidence.

But you can go ahead and research all you want while I play games n' all, whatever amuses you =P

Fact is, even if you're right, as long as you don't present evidence to proof that what you said really happened, I have no rational reason to believe that what you say is true. ;D I don't believe anything that isn't solidly backed up. So yes, since the topic seems interesting to me, I will continue to research and find out what's really going on while you go play games. :)

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 5:19PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

But with the overload of ads displayed on MF, it's clear that it's not a privately owned website, but a hosted one. Someone renting a server, that can look for very specific data, crack codes, download data, upload data and organize it in specific ways all on its own and NOT charge a fee to enter the website seems highly unlikely.

They claim to do pretty good business on their website. (Taken from this topic)

There isn't even much to organize, either. There are dozens of free "download from manga-hosting site x" bots available for download all across the internet. Genre data can be imported from mangaupdates with some simple lines of code. The download/upload process can literally be boiled down to a few clicks from a bot, which I'm sure anyone hosting highly-sought licensed manga for "free" ought to be able to create - or hire someone else to - with relative ease.

I understand the skepticism, but I'm not really sure why it's necessary in this case.

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 6:09PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Fact is, even if you're right, as long as you don't present evidence to proof that what you said really happened, I have no rational reason to believe that what you say is true. ;D I don't believe anything that isn't solidly backed up. So yes, since the topic seems interesting to me, I will continue to research and find out what's really going on while you go play games. :)

Obviously! Which is why I said I'd leave you to it. So, having a hunch that something is true but not being able to prove it must be quite disheartening for you?

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

I understand the skepticism, but I'm not really sure why it's necessary in this case.

It's not, but like I mentioned before: it's just who I am. XD For so many years now, my job has basically been to con and trick people and make sure the one who hires me gets a decisive advantage over someone else. Obviously, along the way I've learned to protect myself and carefully consider all of my actions, 2 main doubts basically always present in my mind: "I might be wrong, so I should be careful" and "This person could be tricking me, so let's not react just now." This mindset has become second nature to me. I sometimes catch myself using it when it's not even really required and then I laugh at myself for making things unnecessarily complicated.

Obviously! Which is why I said I'd leave you to it. So, having a hunch that something is true but not being able to prove it must be quite disheartening for you?

I tend to not make clear judgments of whether something is true or not when I don't have reason to be certain of something, so "disheartening" is not the word I'd choose to describe it, just...sort of frustrating, I guess? Especially when the researching takes unbearably long or the things I find out don't add up or prove to be useless for the case. Overall though, I always search with a neutral mind, so I rarely end up disappointed or disheartened. I can either end up proving my own statements or those of someone else wrong. As long as I'm not actually working for someone and running out of alternative options, I don't mind admitting having been wrong or having failed. ^^

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Found this page on tumblr

http://glassmovingcastle.tumblr.com/post/117340097149/translator-riokichisnoweditor-kiyutooriginal

I'm just like Yuzu, the joke wnet over my head :v

joined Nov 30, 2011

http://glassmovingcastle.tumblr.com/post/117340097149/translator-riokichisnoweditor-kiyutooriginal

I don't think there waaaas a joke. Maybe just Mei feeding Yuzu and Yuzu's head poofing or whatevs. Didn't see any joke so that's my best guess.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Didn't someone posted some time ago a link for a site full of translated images from Saburouta twitter? I think they were all from Citrus, someone have that link?

And a little image that I found.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 4:24PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hahahah that image is quite accurate

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Wait...alright I have terrible eyesight (f*cking astigmatism), but am I correct in saying that ch15 isn't even in translation at YP? Gosh I guess they're as repulsed as we were at ch14.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Here is something I found on the Yuri Project board. It's almost 3 weeks old, but it sounds like someone is working on it.

[Sabourota Uta] Citrus chp.15 Kari~ 15/04/07(Tue)23:54 ID:6vr8Jlzx No.16407 [Reply]
This is a post for citrus 15 updates YP is working on it. Will take us a while because editing this time is a bit of a challege. Want to thank Phyis and Procyon for working on the project would't be possible without them. This will be the updating post. Thank you Coming soon!

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

You see, I think that bug bite is actually a hickey Yuzu left on Mei's neck, probably without realizing it since it was dark when she made it. Mei, however, seems to know exactly what that "bug bite" really is and after saying those words to Yuzu, Yuzu herself understands and that's why she blushes.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 11:32AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.