Forum › Citrus discussion

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I would prefer an anime series! OVAs have too long a wait time in between (I'm a little more impatient these days). Also in recent times, the length of an anime is a lot more flexible. Shorter half seasons can be used. At least, you get a dose every week, than an entire month of downtime.

Well yes the time in between can be awfully slow.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I still do not understand how Girlfriends is not getting an anime after all this time but others are and it seems that Citrus could get one well before GF does. I just scratch my head at that considering GF seems to be the big one in the genre. Even Sasameki Koto got an anime as well and it would be nice to see it finished. Personally, there are other yuri series that should be animated before Citrus that are completed. If they animated Citrus before its finished would end up with copious amounts of crappy filler and I've had my share of anime deviating well away from the main story because they caught up to the manga which was still ongoing.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I still do not understand how Girlfriends is not getting an anime after all this time but others are and it seems that Citrus could get one well before GF does. I just scratch my head at that considering GF seems to be the big one in the genre. Even Sasameki Koto got an anime as well and it would be nice to see it finished. Personally, there are other yuri series that should be animated before Citrus that are completed. If they animated Citrus before its finished would end up with copious amounts of crappy filler and I've had my share of anime deviating well away from the main story because they caught up to the manga which was still ongoing.

I don't even know how filler in something like Citrus would even work. It's definitely a scary thought.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well in that case, I'd love a series of Amano Shuninta's works made into short OVAs

Was thinking about including Sweet Guilty Love Bites in my list but I don't think Japan is ready for yuri sex that is not written for laughs or masturbation. I'd definitely love some Takemiya and Shuninta adaptions, though.

I still do not understand how Girlfriends is not getting an anime

Cause it didn't sell well enough.

I honestly don't think Girl Friends would translate that well into anime. Take the kiss in Volume 2, for example. Morinaga used some awesome panels to convey the emotions but in anime that would lead to weird camera changes, not as weird but slow camera changes that drag the kiss out for to long or just a normal kiss without camera changes. The whole fashion aspect would probably be limited to still pictures.
I'd still watch it and enjoy the shit out of it though, obviously. The story is definitely worth telling in anime, even if the presenation falls short of the manga.

joined Apr 27, 2014

Well in that case, I'd love a series of Amano Shuninta's works made into short OVAs

Was thinking about including Sweet Guilty Love Bites in my list but I don't think Japan is ready for yuri sex that is not written for laughs or masturbation. I'd definitely love some Takemiya and Shuninta adaptions, though.

Sweet Guilty Love Bites <3 , yeah maybe Japan isn't ready,although Yurikuma Arashi may prove to be opening up that space... the anime that is,the manga is eh going in different directions. Takemiya!! Yes I love her/his ? work.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Sweet Guilty Love Bites <3 , yeah maybe Japan isn't ready,although Yurikuma Arashi may prove to be opening up that space... the anime that is,the manga is eh going in different directions. Takemiya!! Yes I love her/his ? work.

it is "her" work.

joined Jan 5, 2015

I don't even know how filler in something like Citrus would even work. It's definitely a scary thought.

I risk to say that we endured two filler arcs in Citrus already..

EDIT: I screwed the formatting :)

last edited at Mar 29, 2015 3:57PM

joined Apr 27, 2014

it is "her" work.

Aitch should of known, for the style,still , I am never sure with some names,thank you.

Syanananana~ Mei's going out with someone else. Yuzu is heartbroken. Gimme YuzuHaru moments please :3 I adore them together.

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

I don't suppose the RAW is already online?

it seems like this series updates every 2 months more or less

i could attempt to help with translations

joined Jan 5, 2015

If you're talking about chapter 16, then no.
English chapter 15 raws were posted few pages ago. Don't look them up, they're horrible.

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVSS7BuUEKo

look what i found!

it seems like Vice-President X Harumin is becoming canon

joined Apr 27, 2014

Hummrr that's... I don't think that's what it is, or maybe it is...

joined Jul 31, 2014

I've chasing this story for a years. I keep look9ng forward for next and next and next chapter coming soon.
Thanks for the great story!

Prof%20pic%200
joined Feb 27, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMEnsroK7Dg
Chapter 15 rough english OMYGLOB!!! <3 <3 <3 <3
FUDGE!!!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think Mei is going to kiss Sara, but it will be nothing like Yuzu's kiss in chapter 8. Mei can kiss just about anyone without any feeling and meaning behind. She connected only with Yuzu. Doesn't mean Yuzu's not gonna be hurt though

I don't understand the hate Citrus is getting sometimes. The romance looks stalled sometimes, but I think the author knows where he wants to go.

joined Jan 5, 2015

Drama claims another victim..
Welcome aboard.

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

...I have to question

if the chapter is already translated, and even on youtube which has strict rules about copyright

why isn't it on this site? and how come i can't find it anywhere else?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

...I have to question

if the chapter is already translated, and even on youtube which has strict rules about copyright

why isn't it on this site? and how come i can't find it anywhere else?

Most likely cause the quality sucks. It's gonna be here when Yuri Project puts up their version.

last edited at Apr 10, 2015 4:55PM

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

Thanks for the reply

just one last question, does anyone know how long this series is?

its probably still ongoing, but i was just curious

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

As you say, it's ongoing. I don't think Saburouta announced how long it would be. Just like any manga, it depends on numerous factors, like the interest by japanese readers, the sales, etc...

He may wrap it up quickly if the need arises, or he may prolong it if asked to by his editor.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I thought Saburota was a woman?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I thought Saburota was a woman?

Pretty sure she is. I thought she was a man for quite some time too, though. Seems to be a common misconception.

Hana_midorikawa___kangoku_gakuen__prison_school__by_soraname-d8oa83c
joined Apr 11, 2015

Ok, I really didn't want to hit this point, but, all of the plot is getting really ridiculous.
We all know Mei and Yuzu are gonna end together anyway, and the meaning of all this unnecessary drama and "twist" are for making Mei realize her feelings for Yuzu and blah blah. Honestly it'll be more interesting if they had all of the misunderstendings and drama after they got together, you know, the story doesn't just end happily after love confessions and going out, I think that's where the real thing starts!
As the things goes, i'm really hoping for Yuzu to realize she doesn't even love herself and chasing Mei is just a waste of time, now that will be more realistic.
The only thing that keeps me waiting for the new chapter update is that recent interaction between Matsuri and Harumi, those two really are amazing characters.

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 3:37AM

joined Jan 5, 2015

Only thing that keeps me waiting is a lesbian orgy with the twins.

To reply you must either login or sign up.