Forum › Citrus discussion

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Yes, Harumi is a great best friend, that's why I would love her to get involved someday, because her relationship with Yuzu is much more healthier than that of Mei. [...] If there's someone who could compete with Mei, it's gonna be Harumi.

But I think there's a low probability (for now) that Harumi would chase after Yuzu, because just like what Matsuri said, "It might sound wise to cautiously watch things play out from a distance, but it just means you're afraid of getting hurt. You're always running away from conflict." If Harumi really is running away from her feelings by putting up a Gyaru front, then she's clever enough to know what's better for them.

Yeah, I think I wrote it way earlier in this thread but I think Harumin is probably going to be the last love triangle of the manga. As you said, she is the only person that could act as an actual rival for Mei, so I think she is going to be the last push for Mei to actually commit to Yuzu. Which would kinda suck, really.

this sounds plausible. especially since Harumin has a natural ability to read people. i'd make sense for her to behave in a manner that would "encite" jealousy in Mei.

As for Harumin coupling? I keep thinking it's going to be with Matsuri. In that short extra (iirc ch. 12.5), Matsuri kept probing Harumin and even to a degree read her like a book. it may sound like an ill conceived pairing, but it's one i think would work out quite well.

I want Yuzu to realize that relationship or love isn't just about lust and wanting to touch each other every goddamn time.

I think she does know that though. She tries her best to make Mei happy and even though she said it was because she was scared, when Mei wanted to make out with her (since apparently, that's her sure-fire method to make all problems disappear), Yuzu only pushed her back after seeing her sad and/or lonely expression (which seems like a huge turn-off, by the way). And, well, she can't choose who she falls in love with.

agreed, plus she (Yuzu) is still trying to work out her feelings towards Mei. I think over the next 2-3 chapters (at least I hope over that period) Yuzu will wrestle with her emotions and 'figure' it out. for now we need to see how Saburouta resolves the whole Sara arc. I am particularly interested in how Mei's character is going to dance around what IMHO is one whopper of a lie told to Yuzu.

So what am i looking for?

1. what will Yuzu's reaction be to Mei's reply that she accepted Sara's feelings and will date her.
  2. if Mei half-heartedly pushes Yuzu away (i expect her to say one thing but act differently which should kick up the angstiness 10-fold).
  3. how many chapters focus on Mei if any (i think we will get one solid chapter that focuses strictly on Mei, at least that is my hope).
  4. if this arc is a setup to a season cliff-hanger. i cannot really point to any particular facts/points in these last two chapters. it just feels like a setup. the basic premise has been kind of soft and nebulous, and going on past cliff-hangers, it feels like we're being prepared for a soft landing.
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I don't know why.. but I went on tumblr and saw raws for chapter 15. Ugh.. at this point I'm happy I can't read Korean. Still, so much angst! Can't wait until it's translated!

joined Nov 30, 2011

As for Harumin coupling? I keep thinking it's going to be with Matsuri. In that short extra (iirc ch. 12.5), Matsuri kept probing Harumin and even to a degree read her like a book. it may sound like an ill conceived pairing, but it's one i think would work out quite well.

I really must have misread this special chapter because I think I'm the only one who did not see any romantic options for Harumin at all in it (at least, according to my recollections) and the series in general.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

did not see any romantic options for Harumin at all in it (at least, according to my recollections) and the series in general.

My only wish is for this to be right.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Angst?

You guys are kidding right?

Those raws have the most proactive Yuzu I've seen. It kind of sucks for the twins though.

joined Apr 15, 2011

awww crap, now i wanna go look on Tumblr too :-(

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

did not see any romantic options for Harumin at all in it (at least, according to my recollections) and the series in general.

Santa, I know it's a whole half a year and more early, but this is it. This is my wish.

And I'm inclined to agree that Sabu is plannin' something big for Harumin.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Santa, I know it's a whole half a year and more early, but this is it. This is my wish.

Then my wish is to St. Patrick, may he grant my wish on this holy day.

Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

I think Matsuri did that to provoke Harumi, or use that information someday, because honestly, Harumi's feelings would be in the way of Mei and Yuzu if ever they heard it.

I definitely agree with this. From all of the characters in the story, I'm most excited to see how Harumi's feelings and actions would be in the future. She's interesting.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Stay away, it'll only be far more frustrating in the wait for the scanlation. Though I did find that 2-photo cosplay of Yuzu and Mei which was pretty hot.

If something does happen with Harumin in regards to a romance, I hope it is more like the friend in Notes from the Garden of Lilies in that she finds another person to be romantically interested in (such as the glasses wearing student council member or someone). I'd be really disappointed if she steps in-between Yuzu and Mei but I get the feeling that she may do that as this story tends to take many of the het romance tropes and kinda spin them around a bit.

Aaaand now I'm reading Notes from the Garden of Lilies... brb.

last edited at Mar 17, 2015 8:12AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I really must have misread this special chapter because I think I'm the only one who did not see any romantic options for Harumin at all in it (at least, according to my recollections) and the series in general.

It's not like there was actual romance between them in the special chapter, it's more like Saburouta hinting that Matsuri may at one point be interested in Harumin. I think. It was just one little moment and it was pretty vague.

I am particularly interested in how Mei's character is going to dance around what IMHO is one whopper of a lie told to Yuzu.

i kinda don't want it to be a lie because that would feel pretty half assed but I guess that would be the option that would hurt Yuzu the least. Then again, I seem to be in love with angst these past few weeks (by courtesy of Takemiya and Shuninta) so Saburouta may as well BRING IT.

joined Nov 2, 2014

Someone on the facebook fan page posted a link to dl rough translation :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pkrd26b4jsvtujf/Citrus+Chapter+15+Roughsubs.rar

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Seems like a lot of people think that Harumin will be on a love triangle, but I don't see it. I just have the feeling she will remain as a back character until the end of the manga. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows...

In last chapters, i have a problem though. It seems like Yuzu is doing 95% of the time the work for both of them. I'm not very fond of the idea of the "savior" coz i think it doesn't apply irl, but ofc this is just a manga.
It's like, someone walks into a preety messed up person's life, and they fix them. This is what Yuzu does. Fixing Mei's problems. Maybe in the end it works out, but this is the ideal. Mei should have worked on her problems herself, and not having all those girls falling for her (for what?) and being the ones who will "save" her.
It is going to a point where Mei feels like the prize everyone is chasing for...
People like the mystery behind her character, but all i see are those "....." in a lot of her replies in their conversations. And sometimes I wonder if she's complicated but dull too.

It's all revolved around who's gonna get whose heart first...Of course this is a romance manga, but still sometimes feels over the top.
I'm saying those because i read chapter 15, even if it gets a positive turn i guess, there's something that feels wrong to this dynamic. Like I said above, it feels that everything revolves around who's gonna get Mei first. Of course this is not her fault, but maybe it get's too much for me

last edited at Mar 17, 2015 6:36PM

joined Apr 15, 2011

Stay away, it'll only be far more frustrating in the wait for the scanlation. Though I did find that 2-photo cosplay of Yuzu and Mei which was pretty hot.

to late. that genie has been completely let out of the bottle. as for the cosplay photo.... i did not like it :-(
i know it's cosplay, but the lady dressed as Yuzu.... (so, how to say it without sounding like a dick????), ummmmm, looked faker than fake and out of place. maybe it's because i have an issue with people that bleach their hair. bad bleach jobs look crappy most times and in that photo it completely distracted from the mood and intimacy being conveyed.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yuzu bleach her hair though.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

http://glassmovingcastle.tumblr.com/post/113653542319/translator-riokichisnoweditor-kiyutooriginal

XD

Goddamit Saburota

That was glorious ch 14 officially forgiven.
I haven't searched for other translations yet I usually wait a couple of days...so how's the roughsubs one?

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Gonna read the rough subbed things.. agh this is getting frustrating ,when will this manga end!!!??

joined Apr 27, 2014

No, I can't use the spoiler thing,so just forget about it, let us wait for the chapter together!!... -_-

last edited at Mar 18, 2015 4:08PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

You should probably spoiler that to be safe. It's not explicit spoilers but it still gives a sense of what's happening in a chapter only some people have read. There are many of us waiting for the final translation to be uploaded.

joined Apr 27, 2014

Uh my bad, I'm not good using this forum..let me try to or else I'll delete that

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Just put the spoilers between 2 equal signs like this. You can quote this post to see or you can quote this post and see all things you can do on this board.

Now concerning Chapter 15, it was pretty disappointing, I guess. Better than the last one but still. I was ready for the angst but Yuzu took everything pretty well, which isn't too bad either, actually, The new cliffhanger probably means that Yuzu walks in on them kissing or that Mei will refuse which would be majorly awesome. All in all, this chapter felt more like build up than anything else, the next one or two chapters might be big.

last edited at Mar 18, 2015 4:32PM

joined Apr 27, 2014

Ok I'll try it out, I love your avatar,love that crazy psycho!! And as for the chapter... yes I agree with you, and hope on the awesomeness,also looking forward for chapter 16 and 17? Seriously,how long is this gonna go? :3

thanks for telling me about the spoiler thing

My guess is prolly Mei does kiss her but a) Yuzu walks in and she finally realizes it's love or something, b) Mei does kiss her and realizes it's not the same as wonderful kiss on chap 8. thus accepting Yuzu, or C) Yuzu goes away crying,but I hope that's not it,unless it means Mei goes after her, asks for forgiveness and they make out/up

last edited at Mar 18, 2015 7:42PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Haha, thanks, I agree. Kuroko makes psycho killer charming again.

I'm not putting too much hope in Mei refusing either but I hope she at least struggles a little before agreeing. Don't think Yuzu is gonna cry though, at least from like a logic standpoint. She knows Mei has a girlfriend and she knows how easily Mei kisses people. She took a whole chapter to prepare herself so I think it's still gonna hurt her to see Mei kiss someone other than her but she should be able to stomach it. But Citrus being Citrus that might still be a possibility. Truth be told, if Yuzu crying leads to Mei coming after her for once, then I'm all for it.

joined Apr 15, 2011

I'm not putting too much hope in Mei refusing either but I hope she at least struggles a little before agreeing. Don't think Yuzu is gonna cry though, at least from like a logic standpoint. She knows Mei has a girlfriend and she knows how easily Mei kisses people. She took a whole chapter to prepare herself so I think it's still gonna hurt her to see Mei kiss someone other than her but she should be able to stomach it. But Citrus being Citrus that might still be a possibility. Truth be told, if Yuzu crying leads to Mei coming after her for once, then I'm all for it.

like i said earlier, we're being cliffhanger'd.

i think this was thrown out earlier as a possible scenario, but i don't think Mei's going to do much with Sara (the short twin right?), because I think Mei just told Yuzu that she accepted Sara's feelings to let Yuzu down gently. i say this because the last few pages of the raw looks like a setup for one grand misunderstanding between Mei-Yuzu-Sara. for example, in the bath scene, Sara and Yuzu and still talking as if they are cheering the other on for support withYuzu giving Sara a pep talk on confessing and Sara cheering Yuzu on about her person. at this point, neither realizes they each are talking about Mei. Now the big twin and Mei realizes what's up, but it hasn't spilt over to Yuzu/Sara. next, remember that Sara was too chicken to confess to Mei initially and in that 2nd to last page of the raw, Sara has Mei's wallet (or so it appears). i think she's going to try to confess to Mei. also notice that Sara looks scared out of her mind. this is why i think she's going to confess. finally, the big twin says something to Yuzu. this is the setup to the "angsty moment/trap" i describe next. angsty moment: all said, i think 1 of 2 things will happen: 1) Mei turns Sara down; Yuzu runs into the room; Mei uses this opportunity to kiss Sara or do something equally vague to make Yuzu think their relationship is legit, or 2) Yuzu runs into the room as Sara confesses; there's a long uneasy pause of silence where Yuzu realizes it's her new friend Sara that is now "dating" Mei. either way, we're left with an angsty cliffhanger that is a big ball of misunderstanding until volume 3 comes out.

sorry, this was probably longer than it needed to be and may amount to nothing more than me talking out of my southern end, cuz we won't know what really is said until the raws are translated and released.

last edited at Mar 19, 2015 11:18PM

joined Apr 27, 2014

Haha, thanks, I agree. Kuroko makes psycho killer charming again.

That's true, Yuzu should be ready,what I don't understand is what the hell Mei wants? it is quite clear Yuzu loves her...and why is she even with Sara? yeah she thinks anyone is fine I guess,but...I just don't get it,was she really hurt Yuzu didn't have sex with her? It's not the best way to tell someone you love them,to offer your body,lol,plus she presented herself as ,like a reward for Yuzu being nice,what is with that!! ( I know, I went back a lot ). I hope something super awesome happens and Mei comes to her senses haha. I'd loooove to see her actually being scared and honest enough to chase the most important person in her life! uuuughh!!!

That is a lot of blackness there...

To reply you must either login or sign up.