2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Hmm...well...I still liked it...

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

What.

Love.live!.600.1492198
joined Sep 4, 2014

Interesting one. I don't think that was a bad end after all.

joined Jul 20, 2015

The real twist is that the husbands are off on an all inclusive golfing-fishing-yaoi vacation.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

The real twist is that the husbands are off on an all inclusive golfing-fishing-yaoi vacation.

I read this as "golfing-fisting-yaoi vacation" at first and I'm glad that wasn't right.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I read this as "golfing-fisting-yaoi vacation" at first and I'm glad that wasn't right.

I'm not...

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

we seem to be getting a lot of cheating mangas lol

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

guys its not cheating there is no husbands it was a joke hens the " ... send them regards huh, Hah!"

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

lol suggesting cheating and bisexual tag for this. You realise that's the twist right haha

Why not tag Planet of the Apes "It was Earth all along".

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

lol suggesting cheating and bisexual tag for this. You realise that's the twist right haha

Why not tag Planet of the Apes "It was Earth all along".

You blew it up You bastards

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Yeah this always threw me off. Was it cheating Or just maybe they are both divorced? Either way I like this story. It's still cute the interactions between them.

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

The twist at the end reminds me of the start of season 2 of Will and Grace where they both have this long sentimental scene in Grace's new apartment about moving out of Will's place and all the feelings they're feeling. Will finally leaves the room (which we assume is in a different complex) and enters his room across the hall. That scene is less confusing, however.

last edited at Sep 29, 2015 10:26AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

agh, really sad but that also made it even more engaging in a way. It's definitely the bittersweet kind of happiness there. Especially when one of them started to cry :(

mangas like this are good though, just to show how messed up the world is over gay/lesbian relationships! Japan especially. I think with that one line, it changed this from being just another cutesy manga to something more thought provoking

i do kind of want the two husbands to be gay for each other too, but pff obviously thats going to tie in far too neatly

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Orangey

i do kind of want the two husbands to be gay for each other too, but pff obviously thats going to tie in far too neatly

You mean kinda like what happens in this one I linked earlier in the thread?

Alice Cheshire

This reminds me of Wedding Bells Are Ringing in a way. I'll just assume it's a situation like that taken to a slightly more extreme point because I'm really not a big fan of cheating at all.

D9ec7f8a6a1ac2812ba40e6c1175b396~2
joined May 31, 2015

Very cute story. Too bad it only has 11 pages. Right? 11 pages.

Y-yeah
O-only eleven

I-I'm not crying or anything

Received_468649373647826
joined May 24, 2015

I'm like WHAT???

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

oh my shit. my heart just plummeted 3 stories and I died of shock.

Panty%20from%20p.s.w.g
joined Jul 10, 2015

I feel like my whole being was crushed... t-that's heavy...
I-it's not like I'm crying or anything... sniffle...*cries*

Drinks%20cup
joined Feb 9, 2016

The "mama mama" one xD Too good to be true at the start, of course there would be a plot twist xD

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Although it ends on a heavy note, I love this one shot so much.
Sure, from how lovely it started, it makes it feel very bittersweet, but the way their morning is portrayed, how it seems to reflect their daily lives together, side by side, makes me feel like somehow, even if they are in fact two separate households, I'd like to think that in their hearts, they are a single family, raising their children together. That even if it isn't what they would have preferred, they are content, and happy, to be able to share their lives and their love with each other :)

That said, I totally need a series about two singles moms falling in love, taking care of each other, having their children getting along and eventually moving in together. That'd be lovely ❤

last edited at Feb 22, 2016 3:12AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

I agree! ^

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

That hit me harder than the bus that hit Regina George.

JustAYuriFangirl
Morikubo-nono-full-1788867
joined Feb 13, 2016

I understand the wish for happy yuri, I love that, too. But I think you can't have yuri without also now and then writing critical stories (critical about all the shit lesbians and the LGBT community in general) get. Please don't always assume the worst when something is not diabetic-level WAFF. :)

I agree. I think Amano put in an afterword or foreword somewhere "if you're looking for fluffy 'onee-sama' yuri, look elsewhere." I wish more mangakas had that attitude. When I first got into yuri I really expected it to be more like this one-shot -- art can be enjoyable, but it can also be a vector for confronting difficult issues.

My people!!! In real life, being a lesbian isn't as simple as a happy ending, I know because I am one. I understand that happy endings make people feel good, but reality exists, I know, SCARY, but it does.

JustAYuriFangirl
Morikubo-nono-full-1788867
joined Feb 13, 2016

...Am i the only one that didn't get negative vibes at all? Still looks like a happy manga even with the tornado

Nah, we're on the same boat. It's just hard for the yuri community to leave their imaginary, perfect, no male allowed little world. Reality isn't really convenient, is it?

Exactly. People should just grow up.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

JustAYuriFangirl posted:

I understand that happy endings make people feel good, but reality exists, I know, SCARY, but it does.

That's exactly WHY people prefer happy endings. If we want unhappy shit we can very easily just go back to reality where it'll happen basically constantly. Reading a nice light-hearted story is a nice change of pace from that. Reading is a form of escapism for a lot of people, just like videogames or drinking are for others.

To reply you must either login or sign up.