joined Apr 20, 2013

Omg I hate this chapter <3

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Omg I hate this chapter <3

Careful not to burst into rage

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Shou got us good this time. He is such a troll!! I wonder if this was also the reason he delayed the release of this chapter xD.

After reading this chapter,I just can no longer picture them not being together. It’s just getting more and more obvious how they just can’t live without each other. If the first three pages does happen, I am going to be really sad.

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I had quite a few mini heart attacks from this chapter. Loved every minute of it though. Keiko's anxiety over Ran having a boyfriend and Ran being upset was delicious.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Just a kiss would send all of us run and jump and squeal with joy.

But if it happens, I hope it doesn't happen too soon, because it would probably signal the end of the series.

Btw, bonus points for the "April 1st sunday" (2012). 1 year after Tohoku earthquake. Details are everything here.

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 10:42AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Oh Lord, they seriously need to get married.
http://uk.businessinsider.com/afp-tokyo-district-oks-japans-first-same-sex-partner-certificates-2015-3?r=US

that is awesome! where is this manga setting then?

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So Keiko is in denial of her obvious feelings for Ran, which isn't helped by Ran's often silly behavior. Fine. We get it. It seems to me though that the author doesn't really know how to build their relationship based on this premise. I am getting a bit frustrated by the constant game of "one step forward" and "one step back." SOMETHING has to happen, and Ran getting a boyfriend (or even girlfriend) might just be the trigger.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Ran getting a boyfriend (or even girlfriend) might just be the trigger.

This is not a powerful enough trigger though
Only more stretches can make them take the extra steps, they're clearly not stretching enough

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

So Keiko is in denial of her obvious feelings for Ran, which isn't helped by Ran's often silly behavior. Fine. We get it. It seems to me though that the author doesn't really know how to build their relationship based on this premise. I am getting a bit frustrated by the constant game of "one step forward" and "one step back." SOMETHING has to happen, and Ran getting a boyfriend (or even girlfriend) might just be the trigger.

I think things are moving forward, it's just that Shou doesn't just show them clearly in front of our eyes. He's still showing us bit by bit their background and at some point we will understand what changed.

Something that we need to keep in mind is that in the beginning Ran was just moving in Keiko's place, they didn't see each other for a long time before that and they were both in a really bad shape. A lot happened even if we didn't realize at that point.

Personally, I like it that the development doesn't happen right in front of us but is hidden as a classic comic slice of life. I don't want a new boyfriend to appear out of nowhere or the ex suddenly becoming a big part of their life, that would be too straightforward.

Sam1
joined May 11, 2012

Motherfucker, I actually fell for the boyfriend thing in the beginning. Well played Shou, well played.
I guess all those BAD END yuri stories have made some of us a bit too paranoid, lol.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I beg to disagree. Keiko isn't in denial, because she's not "in love" with Ran. She just needs her very very badly, for her own sanity.

Guess what Keiko has been craving for almost all her life? What her mother never gave her : love. Unquestionning and unconditionnal love, that only a parent usually can provide. Or a child.

"If I can't have something I want, I fill the void with something else". She hasn't changed really : for now, the something else is Ran's love for her.

She can feel it coming to her in waves and she's addicted to it. The honmei choco she got on Valentine's day touched her more deeply than she could say, because it's probably the first time in her life she got genuine honmei choco.

It doesn't mean she's unconsciously head over heels for Ran. I don't rule out a yuri ending, but Keiko still has a long way to go before considering it a valid option. Because she needs to get closure about that lack of love, before being able to give it back.

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 12:54PM

Untitled
joined Oct 4, 2014

danggg you almost got me here

joined Sep 19, 2014

Argh! Ran got me -_-° But I'm happy it was just a joke ^^ Keiko's reaction though XD She got me as well ^^'

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 1:39PM

joined Jul 17, 2013

Jfc, these two have to end up together or else I'm going to shoot myself. I hope to finally see the "yuri" tag soon...

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Shou is selfaware

Lg1wyutq
joined Mar 5, 2015

Btw, bonus points for the "April 1st sunday" (2012). 1 year after Tohoku earthquake. Details are everything here.

Wow, I never would have caught that!

Untitlsed
joined Jul 20, 2013

this series a fun to read and to follow, making me stretch XD

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Lmao, Shou you troll. Stretch is the perfect manga for April Fools.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

As expected of Master Troll Shou.
Well played, the first pages almost give me an attack or something.

Besides that, I just love them both. Their interactions are pure gold.
I too hope for the day when we gonna see the yuri tag here.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

In the context of this chapter, have to say through that Show is quite a clever individual. I means his approach to his manga: plots and character dynamic (in both Prism and Stretch) are superb. Especially the way he balance the ambiguity, while release just enough subtext to keep audiences happy in Stretch.... . You don't feel like the SoL/filler was prolonged too much, and you actually feel there is relationship development between the pair too. I means just compare this chapter with the first few. It's clear that Ran and Keiko relationship was quite significantly upgraded, despite still hold same status quo

Also, despite the whole setback over tracing thing (which was more of a bad luck), the way Show handle and make it back on Stretch was simply amazing. You could see him clearing any doubt over his ability to draw various character posing with Stretch.

Hopefully that even after Sretch , he will continue to stick with yuri. Not to mention, i will be honest, his drawing on male characters (especially their expression) is nowhere as good as female one. So stick to yuri will only play to his advantage

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 2:44PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Huh. I hope it keeps going on for a few more years...Stretch delivers the best April Fools jokes, it'd be a shame to not have it next year too.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Huh. I hope it keeps going on for a few more years...Stretch delivers the best April Fools jokes, it'd be a shame to not have it next year too.

The thing is, considering the pacing of Stretch, and the amount of material he need to cover for each chapter (on stretch posing and character development), I don't think he can continue with Stretch forever.

He probably already have a clear idea of all developments. And the most SoL/ filler he can squeeze in as long as the manga still popular. Then spend spare time collecting material for his next project rather than trying to over extend on this

Edit: Btw, bonus, another yuri Kantai dj going for April Fool
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1970167?pool_id=7503

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 3:12PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I beg to disagree. Keiko isn't in denial, because she's not "in love" with Ran. She just needs her very very badly, for her own sanity.

Guess what Keiko has been craving for almost all her life? What her mother never gave her : love. Unquestionning and unconditionnal love, that only a parent usually can provide. Or a child.

"If I can't have something I want, I fill the void with something else". She hasn't changed really : for now, the something else is Ran's love for her.
I don't rule out a yuri ending, but Keiko still has a long way to go before considering it a valid option. Because she needs to get closure about that lack of love, before being able to give it back.

I agree with you, she isn't "in love" but craves it and it's hard for her to give it. For a long time it didn't matter who it was since she slept around. At some point she met that ex boyfriend guy and some sense of normal and steady came in her life. But with the miscarriage everything changed. The boyfriend is at fault for some of it but I suspect she is mostly at fault for the break up. From small glimpse we can see she pushes him back, probably over and over and in the end she most likely left her/their old apartment and changed her phone ( this is why he can't find her at all ). The boyfriend tried to help her, but she needed to help herself and she did not. She went back to her old habits of "if it's too hard to deal with it then just don't". That defense mechanism is also a favourite of mine so I get why she does it. But at some point you have to face things to grow as a person and Keiko isn't quite there yet. If she walks out each time something bad happens, she will stay alone. Because shit happens in life.

joined Dec 12, 2014

Aaaaa trollmode.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I don't rule out a yuri ending, but Keiko still has a long way to go before considering it a valid option. Because she needs to get closure about that lack of love, before being able to give it back.

I agree with you, she isn't "in love" but craves it and it's hard for her to give it. For a long time it didn't matter who it was since she slept around. At some point she met that ex boyfriend guy and some sense of normal and steady came in her life. But with the miscarriage everything changed. The boyfriend is at fault for some of it but I suspect she is mostly at fault for the break up. From small glimpse we can see she pushes him back, probably over and over and in the end she most likely left her/their old apartment and changed her phone ( this is why he can't find her at all ). The boyfriend tried to help her, but she needed to help herself and she did not. She went back to her old habits of "if it's too hard to deal with it then just don't". That defense mechanism is also a favourite of mine so I get why she does it. But at some point you have to face things to grow as a person and Keiko isn't quite there yet. If she walks out each time something bad happens, she will stay alone. Because shit happens in life.

I believe it's mentioned that the boyfriend couldn't stand her mood anymore so he broke up and left. The apartment in which Ran and Keiko are right now (or the one when she first met again with ran if it's not the same) is the one in which Keiko was with the boyfriend

I don't remember him not having Keiko's number... it may be because of my bad memory but I can't find it

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 3:52PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.