Forum › Ladies of the Scarlet Devil Mansion discussion

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

Uncritical Milady Stan

hell, same

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Such great art and dialouge :)

And I dunno what Patchy is worried about- her outfit barely stands out from everyone elses lol.

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

Koa being a little shit was not expected but very much welcomed

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Very mukyuu. 10/10

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

no bath patchu :d

joined Aug 10, 2016

KoaPatchy nation eating well this month

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Flandre gets around, damn. Also love watching Remilia push for Toutetsu because a demon lord is what's attractive to her.

Also Also Flandre plays Hakurei Reimu in the gensokyo TTRPG.... Girl is living the protag life.

last edited at May 1, 2024 12:55PM

I23iaj6av56b1
joined Apr 18, 2023

LOOOOL PATCHY RESEMBLES THE TUPAI

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

Yay! Marriage!

YurobetoLover
M82231804124_1
joined Jul 20, 2023

Dude I love this series, all the 4 chapters we got until now are peak

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Google, find, acquire, print at Staples

joined Nov 19, 2022

To whoever is scanlating, quick nitpick

A castle is a specific term that refers to a fortified manor, that had a license to do so. (known as a license to castle)

Unless Remilia has that she's got a Manor or Mansion, not a castle.

joined Nov 19, 2022

Also wow okina uh, please say you're joking with that line of liking little girls.

It is funny that Flan just refers to all her friends as boyfriends.

Narrow Escape
joined Jun 8, 2022

I like that even though the article itself notes it is to the surprise of no one, Aya still put it front and center. Also the 'get a room' in the corner of the diagram.

joined Apr 24, 2020

A castle is a specific term that refers to a fortified manor, that had a license to do so. (known as a license to castle)

This is a pretty weird point, and I don't even know where to start with it, but it was addressed to me for some reason ("whoever"... the credits are right there) so I'll respond to it in pieces.

1. 99% of the time the Scarlet Devil Mansion is called a mansion, but in that specific line Remilia inarguably calls it a castle, presumably metaphorically in a "my home is my castle" kind of way. Did you think the translator decided to call it a castle on a lark, or that I should've changed it in translation because it didn't fill a technical definition?

2. A technical definition of a castle literally couldn't matter less when it comes to informal use, even less so in fiction. A person or character can call something a castle regardless of whether it technically is one. Heck, even official uses don't always follow the definition.

3. It's in fact "a" technical definition of a castle that you're applying across time, space and fiction for some reason. There are plenty of "castles" and words translated as castle around the word that follow completely different definitions or none at all.

joined Nov 19, 2022

This is a pretty weird point, and I don't even know where to start with it, but it was addressed to me for some reason ("whoever"... the credits are right there) so I'll respond to it in pieces.

As to This as I was writing that I was still waking up. Forgot it was you

1. 99% of the time the Scarlet Devil Mansion is called a mansion, but in that specific line Remilia inarguably calls it a castle, presumably metaphorically in a "my home is my castle" kind of way. Did you think the translator decided to call it a castle on a lark, or that I should've changed it in translation because it didn't fill a technical definition?

Hence why it's a nitpick

But anyways Remilia is over 500 years old, so she probably does know the difference between a castle and a mansion. It just reads weird because everywhere else it does get referred to as the mansion. Maybe in the original Japanese it makes more sense when combined with the rough historical knowledge a lay person would know, but in this case it feels like it creates a different image as to what Remilia is referring to.

last edited at May 1, 2024 4:18PM

joined Apr 10, 2023

As to This as I was writing that I was still waking up. Forgot it was you

Hence why it's a nitpick

But anyways Remilia is over 500 years old, so she probably does know the difference between a castle and a mansion. It just reads weird because everywhere else it does get referred to as the mansion. Maybe in the original Japanese it makes more sense when combined with the rough historical knowledge a lay person would know, but in this case it feels like it creates a different image as to what Remilia is referring to.

You're disagreeing with a fictional character's word choice and complaining about it to people who have nothing to do with that and it's weird. Are you also gonna complain to the translator about Flandre using boyfriend when referring to people who aren't boys?

Img_20171015_190853
joined Aug 7, 2016

This series is fantastic, fills the hole that Vector Spectacle leaves between uploads. Funni vampires make me breathe out through my nose, thank you, very nice

last edited at May 1, 2024 9:45PM

joined Dec 18, 2020

Seeing the Yuuma/Flandre pairing seems kind of retro since Touhou 19 made the fandom shift to pairing Yuuma with Chiyari or Ran.

last edited at May 2, 2024 4:59AM

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

i think flan might be a bit confused on the definition of "boyfriend" Also, i wonder what the lightning bolt arrow connecting sakuya and patch is supposed to mean.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

wtf was this chapter lmao

joined Dec 18, 2020

i think flan might be a bit confused on the definition of "boyfriend" Also, i wonder what the lightning bolt arrow connecting sakuya and patch is supposed to mean.

It means they listen to ACDC.

joined Aug 10, 2016

last page KoaPatchy jumpscare

To reply you must either login or sign up.