Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Ed and Ian have never been portrayed as anything other than a happy, loving, well-adjusted and emotionally stable gay couple. You people who are constantly expecting skeletons to suddenly jump out of every closet need to adjust the media you consume.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Ed and Ian have never been portrayed as anything other than a happy, loving, well-adjusted and emotionally stable gay couple. You people who are constantly expecting skeletons to suddenly jump out of every closet need to adjust the media you consume.

I think by "you people" you mean 1 person. Unless I missed something the rest of us commenting on the subject agree with you I believe haha

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

I think by "you people" you mean 1 person. Unless I missed something the rest of us commenting on the subject agree with you I believe haha

I've been on this site for 8 years. I've seen plenty of Dynasty readers assume the absolute worst about the most harmless of situations and interactions, in complete contravention of all the textual and meta-textual evidence we have at our disposal. It's not a phenomenon limited to one person posting in the past 20-30 messages of this thread.

joined Sep 27, 2017

I've been on this site for 8 years. I've seen plenty of Dynasty readers assume the absolute worst about the most harmless of situations and interactions, in complete contravention of all the textual and meta-textual evidence we have at our disposal. It's not a phenomenon limited to one person posting in the past 20-30 messages of this thread.

I mean I'm in the same boat as well for the most part with general experience, but I'm just talking about tonight's conversation since that's what is presently relevant.

Beso%20tini%20emilia%20clipboard011
joined Aug 25, 2023

Honestly, you peeps have got nothing to support your claim. There's no way to prove that the guy is not having a fling with another man, and no way to prove that he's not faithful. The evidence for both is zero. All you've got is chatter and speculation.

To be frank the best argument I've read is the one from dqvdqv : « .... think about what type of manga this is. » Oh yes, if you look at it that way, you gotta admit that one of Ed or Ian being found to be a cheater would be a quake to the story, alter the lives of a lot of mcs and bring some big motherfecking changes... haha. Really, this is not that type of manga.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Honestly, you peeps have got nothing to support your claim. There's no way to prove that the guy is not having a fling with another man, and no way to prove that he's not faithful. The evidence for both is zero. All you've got is chatter and speculation.

To be frank the best argument I've read is the one from dqvdqv : « .... think about what type of manga this is. » Oh yes, if you look at it that way, you gotta admit that one of Ed or Ian being found to be a cheater would be a quake to the story, alter the lives of a lot of mcs and bring some big motherfecking changes... haha. Really, this is not that type of manga.

It would be out of character for him. There's been nothing to suggest cheating in the past to my knowledge, only a stable family dynamic. Otherwise we're just arguing in bad faith that anybody can be a cheater.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Honestly, you peeps have got nothing to support your claim.

Their exuberant love for each other is all the evidence I need. It was an ex. End of story. There's not a chance in hell the author would drop something heavy like infidelity in a lighthearted chapter. Let's move on.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Where's that Kiss Chart again?

joined Apr 10, 2023

Ian has had multiple scenes of acting insecure and being dramatic, so it makes perfect sense for Ed to feel like he dodged a bullet by not telling Ian "hey in my memory I just mistook another man for you" lol. It would have put him in the doghouse. These are long term established characters who have been in the comic for literally almost a decade. We know who they are: a loving couple made up of a loyal seme and a dramatic uke. There's no way in hell Ed would be cheating.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Godly chapter.

joined Dec 13, 2020

Indeed KT would just as soon shoot himself in the foot rather than bring major change to the status quo. Think about how long it's been since Ayano and Miyoshi first kissed on the mouth. They're still doing it, and it's still friends being friendly. Now other characters jump on the bandwagon and have friendly kisses on the mouth with their friends. Context remains the same, and VE goes on.

Slime
joined Feb 22, 2023

“You gotta change something so that everything stays the same.”
-- Lampedusa, Il Gattopardo, 1958

joined Jul 23, 2019

last edited at Feb 27, 2024 12:32PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I wasn't expecting a quote from Il Gattopardo here. A person of culture, I see. (ღˇ◡ˇ)b

The quote originally mocked so-called progressive politicians who make a big deal of cosmetic changes and actually help protect the establishment. I guess it can be applied to the plot development of certain works of fiction.

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/c7cd2894d234213b1deee4cacda3065ea600a27f9adecd7d32eb58e942b43998.jpg

Jajajajajaja, "amiga"...

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Indeed KT would just as soon shoot himself in the foot rather than bring major change to the status quo. Think about how long it's been since Ayano and Miyoshi first kissed on the mouth. They're still doing it, and it's still friends being friendly. Now other characters jump on the bandwagon and have friendly kisses on the mouth with their friends. Context remains the same, and VE goes on.

Not saying things don't move slowly, but I'll reiterate what I said before, if you think nothing ever happens in this manga, all you have to do is click on almost any of the pairing tags on that huge list at the top of this chapter and go back to how they started. Mihoshi and Ayano are the useless lesbian outliers here, but there's still some progress. As for the others, Ai and Chie straight up dovetailed into a make-out session after their electric kiss, Mayoi and Ayano are in a VERY different place now, Nononon's crush is definitely not as unrequited as it used to be, And Miyu and Shizuka are DEFINITELY about to fuck again. And some of the other pairings weren't even pairings all that long ago.

joined Apr 10, 2023

Alisha and Honoka have had such a cute arc with Honoka coming out of her shell and opening up to Alisha's affections. Honoka started as the class Sadako and ended creating my single favorite chapter in the entire series:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch224
And Elisha has gone from a crude loudmouth who can't express what she wants and have it taken seriously and earnestly, to someone who is smooth and fluent and very skilled at making Honoka really feel what she's saying.
Also now that I think about it they're really similar to Kiana x Mei from Honkai Impact, down to being a brash white girl x quiet Japanese girl relationship, so no wonder I love it lol

Avatar%20knights%20badass%20hung%20clipboard01
joined Feb 25, 2023

I wasn't expecting a quote from Il Gattopardo here. A person of culture, I see. (ღˇ◡ˇ)b

The quote originally mocked so-called progressive politicians who make a big deal of cosmetic changes and actually help protect the establishment. I guess it can be applied to the plot development of certain works of fiction.

Cool! I have now a new reference to use when I comment on things like The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Cool! I have now a new reference to use when I comment on things like The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All.

It hurts because it's accurate!

2cf46f4b-7fe0-40b6-8205-d03934ba2a1f
joined Sep 21, 2020

Honoka and Elisha’s kiss being off screen pains me so, but seing Ayano and Miyoshi kiss was great.

last edited at Mar 1, 2024 1:25AM

joined Apr 10, 2023

Honoka and Elisha’s kiss being off screen pains me so, but seing Ayano and Miyoshi kiss was great.

They've kissed onscreen before already, although at the time a Honoka tried to play it as accidental lol

8df30faf9de0511ace2b40acb3d005267d346bcc_full
joined Sep 1, 2021

Chads: Sorry to be a nitpicker, but in case you get a chance to make corrections:

It's "make do", not "make due".

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Weirdly enough, the first thought I had reading the last chapter was ' ' I wonder if the two teachers caught on to the new fad'' and Kishi-sensei delivers right away XD They're fast becoming my favorite pairing of the brunch.

Aand_this_one_too_by_shiniez
joined Jan 19, 2013

Apparently, school must be in an LGBT+ or lesbian area of specific big city or midsized city. See current chapter. Everyone is now Lesbian.

Aand_this_one_too_by_shiniez
joined Jan 19, 2013

Weirdly enough, the first thought I had reading the last chapter was ' ' I wonder if the two teachers caught on to the new fad'' and Kishi-sensei delivers right away XD They're fast becoming my favorite pairing of the brunch.

If something comes of being more then just going out for drinks after work maybe.

To reply you must either login or sign up.