Forum › Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata discussion

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

We knew that she's gonna die...this is realistic
This is one of the best manga i've ever read

The story is not pointless at all to those who really understand the story

joined Feb 4, 2021

Of course we all knew what's coming, but it still doesn't hurt less when it's actually happened :(

joined Oct 3, 2021

I CAN FINALLY KILL MYSELF

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well that was a completely annoying and pointless story. Any love story in which the actual point of the story is to enjoy a romance and you kill off one of the major two characters is a completely pointless and useless story.

Oh, it could be worse, I've heard that Shakespeare dude actually killed off both main characters in one of his stories, although you probably haven't heard of that one, as a doubly as useless story I doubt it's all that well known by anyone other than literature experts. /s

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Please don't

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Ah man here comes the freight train of feelings.

An extremely realistic ending sadly

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Laughing so hard at this comment. Whole ass mood

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Can someone explain what's the reason behind not staying with her in her very last moment? Shizuku got to whisper the words and just left to edit the ending she already wrote.
Wouldn't it have been much better to just do that where Kaori was, give her the story and get her response in person?

Like, she confessed alright, but they didn't exactly get to say goodbye? And I can't understand why you wouldn't want to spend every last minute with the girl you love when you know her every minute could be her last.

... She can't?
Kaori is in a hospital and Shizuku isn't related, so she doesn't have visitation rights.
It's a huge part of why same-sex marriage is such a big issue in Japan.

Also I don't think she had her story saved in cloud storage. Which is... an issue, but the author probably just didn't think about cloud storage, and when they did, that can be justified by "Shizuku is a teenager in Japan, where computer literacy is surprisingly low."

edit: it's kind of insane to me that ergzay thinks every story in which characters fall in love is by necessity a romance; this is definitely a drama before it's anything else

Shizuku was only a teenager, neither of their families nor Kaori's would let her take care of a sick person overnight, especially since she wasn't Kaori's relative. It's true that any minute could be Kaori's last, but she could also get better. When Shizuku left, Kaori didn't seem too bad. If Kaori really read all of Shizuku's novel (I think Kaori really read it, or at least knew what the last line was written, because if Kaori's condition was too bad at that time, surely no one would have been in the mood to read then reply to the message to Shizuku) then it means that Kaori's condition was fine until sending the message to Shizuku at 1:05 am. So there was no reason for Shizuku to stay at the night before. I find this less tragic than Shizuku directly seeing Kaori die, I think she won't be able to bear it.

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Maybe everything was a dream...

i'm dead inside

joined Jan 3, 2020

I'm not sure whether this or Vampire-chan x Junior-chan takes the cake as saddest non-oneshot Yuri manga I've read. They're pretty close.

This one is really, really realistic. I think that the perspective of the person dying, especially, is conveyed well here. You can tell that underneath everything, Kaori's biggest fear is that she will be irrelevant: dead before 18 and forgotten quickly. In fact, she even says as much in this chapter: "That's good. Something good came out of me existing."

This is the reason she latches onto a girl she sees who intends to commit suicide. Kaori knows she could have a profound impact on Shizuku's life, moreso than most other lives, especially since nobody else noticed how much Shizuku was suffering.

It's... one of those things I tend to avoid thinking about (I think most of us do) because it moves right into the question of "what is the value of our existence? whose lives will we impact?", which is existential depression territory for many people.

Akko%20x%20mari%2007
joined Mar 20, 2016

It hurts. It truly hurts. It's a genuine tragedy that someone so compassionate and kind died so young. But this is a death with a bite to it. Kaori won't be forgotten through her impact on others (namely Shizuku) and the connections she's made. Seri and Ruri still have each other. And both Shizuku and Shiro have someone else to lean on.

Akko%20x%20mari%2007
joined Mar 20, 2016

Well that was a completely annoying and pointless story. Any love story in which the actual point of the story is to enjoy a romance and you kill off one of the major two characters is a completely pointless and useless story.

Oh, it could be worse, I've heard that Shakespeare dude actually killed off both main characters in one of his stories, although you probably haven't heard of that one, as a doubly as useless story I doubt it's all that well known by anyone other than literature experts. /s

Zing.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Y'know, R&J is at the same time really well written (some lines are excelent) and a very ridiculous little thing. It is honestly a terrible love story. I recommend everyone read it once in their lives so we all mock it together.

Edit: oh, but I agree with the argument that death does not betray the point of a love story (like, at all).

last edited at Jan 3, 2024 7:04PM

joined Jun 21, 2020

One of the best stories I’ve ever read. It’s 1 am and I’m crying. Fuck. Idk how much sleep I’ll have tonight ;(

Wtf%20kitty%20dynasty%20pfp
joined Oct 24, 2023

Shit. I only found this story yesterday and I should have waited until I was more stable before I binged it. Every time I think of the ending, I can't help also seeing this scene: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kimi_to_tsuzuru_utakata_ch28#24. And every time I do I feel like I'm going to suffocate or have a heart attack. I'm all kinds of not OK. I have to keep reminding myself that it's not real.

Goddamn I need some sugar badly. Imma go read 'Wife and Wife.'

last edited at Jan 3, 2024 8:40PM

joined Mar 28, 2021

“Me too”. Two words to break my heart. At least, they could convey their feelings to each other. Yes, Kaori’s passing is unbearable. They both knew that their story wouldn’t have any “happy ending”. I hope we’ll see Shizuku get some peace and learn that Kaori just let go without suffering after writing her answer. I have rarely been so moved by a fiction. These characters are unforgettable.

TheEternalShade
20230425_150259
joined Aug 25, 2021

Why do I keep hurting myself with this manga?

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Why do I keep hurting myself with this manga?

Masochism, evidently.

joined Feb 24, 2023

She’s fine though right?

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Rips out heart, leaving it bloody on the floor I won't be needing this.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Rips out heart, leaving it bloody on the floor I won't be needing this.

I'd tell you not to make a mess, but one more heart to the pile won't make much of a difference...

joined Mar 17, 2021

tragicomic that their last texts went out like
- it's finished
- me too dies

last edited at Jan 5, 2024 9:13PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

tragicomic that their last texts went out like
- it's finished
- me too dies

I laughed way more than would have been appropriate here...

joined Aug 6, 2023

Just 1 more chapter to go. It's kinda shame they couldn't say each other their feelings tbh. Well, another Kaori joins the train of the "Curse" along side Kaori from Strawberry Panic who was sick as well, and the Kaori from Shigatsu wa kimi no uso.

I hope there's some time skip in the final chapter

last edited at Jan 6, 2024 9:55PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Just 1 more chapter to go. It's kinda shame they couldn't say each other their feelings tbh.

They did. The last words is Shizuku's novel were "I love you," which was her way of confessing. Kaori understands this and replies with "me too" via text.

It's a shame they didn't even kiss, though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.