Forum › Wear the Sky discussion

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

"Sweetie, could ya turn 'round and show me whatchu workin' wit'? ...Thanks, you're a peach."

last edited at Aug 25, 2023 3:03AM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

This was mentioned in another comment section, but I hope they show nude sketching involving people that are not just young pretty girls.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

This was mentioned in another comment section, but I hope they show nude sketching involving people that are not just young pretty girls.

I, for one, am not hoping for that, hahaha, I'm a perv and only like cute girls :D but I guess I'll have to push through even if it happens o~o

joined Apr 14, 2022

I guess nobody is commenting on this here because it's not yuri, but I really love this. It does a really good job of actually capturing the beauty it's talking about.

I find that in a lot of manga/anime with a competitive aspect, I don't really get what they're talking about. Like, one party will win a competition, but if you were to ask me about what I saw, I couldn't tell you why they won. In those scenarios, I feel like I just have to take the characters' words that the winner has the traits they're praising them for. Basically, "informed attractiveness", according to TV tropes, or something of that sense. But that's not the case at all with this manga. Here, the beautiful paintings are genuinely beautiful, rather than being so just because the author/characters say so. It's very well done.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

This is one of the best things on here, but no Yuri means not much love on here.
Thanks to Daphie for translating and uploading it.
Author-san must be quite an artist , doing all the art represented within the story.
I'm guessing this story might be based on author- san himself.
Might be wrong, just a feeling I'm getting.

last edited at Aug 27, 2023 8:13AM

Jumbo-yotsuba-4810
joined Mar 31, 2023

This is one of the best things on here, but no Yuri means not much love on here.
Thanks to Daphie for translating and uploading it.
Author-san must be quite an artist , doing all the art represented within the story.
I'm guessing this story might be based on author- san himself.
Might be wrong, just a feeling I'm getting.

Well said about the artistry, the author and Daphie. I didn't expect to find such a good non-Yuri series on this forum but am glad I did.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I am guessing the point the old sensei is trying to get over to Haro is that in order to draw better nudes (specifically, to pass the Tokyo exam with them), he has to learn to draw other things, as well, first. Not sure how much of it is transferable across domains, but in my own industry, in order to become a better programmer in a particular language or framework, you have to become proficient with a few others, gaining a mental map of the general possibility space, rather than only what is possible in the environment of your choice.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

DAMN IT! For a second I thought this series had been axed... thank god this is still going!

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

A wild floozy appeared!

I like this guy. Kinda reminds me of Schroeder.

...the piano-playing kid from Peanuts?

last edited at Oct 7, 2023 1:16PM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I mean, I see it. Dude has the same kind of direct focus. Schroeder had Beethoven, Haro has nudes.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

Big acespec vibes

Glass%20drum
joined Jan 3, 2019

This series is way underrated, or hopefully people are simply quietly enjoying it like I am. Thank you for translating it for us, Daphie! It's likely that this series would have completely slipped past my radar if not for being posted here.

joined Jun 16, 2023

That last panel did a really good job of making her smile seem forced and nervous. It's subtle but impressive detail on the part of the artist.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That last panel did a really good job of making her smile seem forced and nervous. It's subtle but impressive detail on the part of the artist.

It's the eyes, I think. If you cover up the lower half of her face with a thumb, her facial expression is clearly that of fear or at least anxiety. But if you cover up the upper half, then it's clearly a self-assured grin of a winner. Hence this is an expression of someone who only smiles with her lips, but not her eyes.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

You're welcome everyone who's reading this manga. I'm really enjoying working on it too! The next chapter is coming up really soon, like today or tomorrow, it hits different!

joined Mar 5, 2019

While I appreciate that translators are willing to work hard on manga that might not fit the audience where they're posting, and this translator's work is amazing, I can understand why this isn't exactly popular here.
The most obvious reason is that it's not yuri as other people have mentioned. The tag system makes it easy to identify things that people might not want to read so that's fair, but posting a het manga on a site that predominantly deals with yuri isn't going to get you a lot of views and comments. I'm one of the people that likes to explore different genres but I come here specifically to read yuri. I'm not opposed to it being here because I think it's great that Dynasty is branching out, but I'm still hesitant as there are plenty of other places that host het manga. And plenty of het manga too.
The second reason might just be my personal opinion but the main character is uncomfortably pushy about their desire to 'paint beauty' and believing that everyone should be comfortable viewing or being nude. And he specifically targets women.
Some individuals in here romanticize his behavior as being dedicated and pure, but the reality is that he ignores boundaries, harasses people, and expect others to have his same values. He makes people uncomfortable with topics that are s*xually explicit (in society, not necessarily in art. Or even in his art). He might not view it that way but others do. And he doesn't care how uncomfortable he makes people with it. This is played off for comedic effect sometimes here (and often in other manga) which bothers me a lot too. Romanticizing this behavior, like the manga and some comments do, encourages the idea that we should be accepting of everything everyone else does no matter how uncomfortable that makes us.
Plus in the real world that 'purity' that's exhibited by this character is so uncommon that I'd be surprised to meet someone like this who doesn't have ulterior motives.
As much as I love art and beauty, and beautiful women and men in art, consent is an important factor in this type of endeavor. The main character has trouble with consent a lot. As many manga protagonists of his nature do.

Glass%20drum
joined Jan 3, 2019

While I appreciate that translators are willing to work hard on manga that might not fit the audience where they're posting, and this translator's work is amazing, I can understand why this isn't exactly popular here.
The most obvious reason is that it's not yuri as other people have mentioned. The tag system makes it easy to identify things that people might not want to read so that's fair, but posting a het manga on a site that predominantly deals with yuri isn't going to get you a lot of views and comments. I'm one of the people that likes to explore different genres but I come here specifically to read yuri. I'm not opposed to it being here because I think it's great that Dynasty is branching out, but I'm still hesitant as there are plenty of other places that host het manga. And plenty of het manga too.

I personally feel like this manga fits on this site because it's more so about the artistic appreciation of the feminine form rather than having a focus on heterosexuality. There likely will be romantic elements in the future, but that doesn't seem to be the main theme of this story as of yet, so I wouldn't write it off as just being some het romance thing and nothing more than that. The story is as much, if not more so about women, than it is about Haro.

The second reason might just be my personal opinion but the main character is uncomfortably pushy about their desire to 'paint beauty' and believing that everyone should be comfortable viewing or being nude. And he specifically targets women.

Because he finds women beautiful. He's not out here tying women down and forcing people to do things against their will. I very likely wouldn't be here reading this if that were the case.

Some individuals in here romanticize his behavior as being dedicated and pure, but the reality is that he ignores boundaries, harasses people, and expect others to have his same values. He makes people uncomfortable with topics that are s*xually explicit (in society, not necessarily in art. Or even in his art). He might not view it that way but others do. And he doesn't care how uncomfortable he makes people with it. This is played off for comedic effect sometimes here (and often in other manga) which bothers me a lot too. Romanticizing this behavior, like the manga and some comments do, encourages the idea that we should be accepting of everything everyone else does no matter how uncomfortable that makes us.

This feels like you're projecting your own discomfort onto the characters, here. That's the thing about tags, if a guy's aesthetic attraction to women is making you feel uncomfortable, you don't have to force yourself to engage with it.

Plus in the real world that 'purity' that's exhibited by this character is so uncommon that I'd be surprised to meet someone like this who doesn't have ulterior motives.

I don't understand the purpose of this point, other than to be presumptuous of hypothetical strangers' intentions. Even if this were true, though, and people are primarily motivated by sexual attraction, why is that bad? Feeling various kinds of attraction isn't bad, or shameful, or degrading in and of itself, it's what people do with their attraction to other people that counts the most. Are they still respectful of that person, or no? Do they respect boundaries and people telling them "no?" That's what counts. Slip ups are fine too, so long as no lasting damage occurred and people (or fictional characters in this case are shown to) learn to do better.

As much as I love art and beauty, and beautiful women and men in art, consent is an important factor in this type of endeavor. The main character has trouble with consent a lot. As many manga protagonists of his nature do.

I've never seen Haro not take no for an answer nor force anything onto anyone thus far. Maybe I'm forgetting a specific instance though, so feel free to let us know which chapter(s) this happens in. Over all though, it feels like this critique stems more from a bias towards perceived cis male sexuality. There are more objectively egregious manga series on this site, and the rationale that it's all okay because it's fiction and fiction is a safe home to explore taboo without causing harm to real people is solid and one I personally subscribe to, but this should be extended to non-yuri manga as well.

Any manga that genuinely appreciates the feminine form should have the potential to be welcomed on this site. Tags exist, so people can avoid them if they're strictly here for yuri, but as a sapphic woman that enjoys the feminine form in much the same way as Haro does (though I'm not exactly an artist), I greatly appreciate this series being here. I likely wouldn't have come across it otherwise, since this site is my main haunt for manga these days.

joined Mar 5, 2019

I appreciate you responding to me with good points and calmly. I was hoping just to challenge a few ideas here and wasn't actually aiming to upset anyone or imply that this manga be removed. I think any manga deserves to be on dynasty. I especially like manga that encourage art and are respectful of the human form. This one is pretty good about it, though I still have my opinions on it... And they're just that, my opinions.

I personally feel like this manga fits on this site because it's more so about the artistic appreciation of the feminine form rather than having a focus on heterosexuality. There likely will be romantic elements in the future, but that doesn't seem to be the main theme of this story as of yet, so I wouldn't write it off as just being some het romance thing and nothing more than that. The story is as much, if not more so about women, than it is about Haro.

I don't necessarily disagree here. I also think any manga should be on this site personally. I'm not sure I got that across well in my first point. I also love manga that appreciates art and the feminine form. Or the male form. It's just that I also agreed with why others might not like it

Because he finds women beautiful. He's not out here tying women down and forcing people to do things against their will. I very likely wouldn't be here reading this if that were the case.

You're right that his actions are because he finds women beautiful. But it doesn't change how pushy he can be with his desire to paint the female body, and how uncomfortable that can be for women, especially when he's showing nude paintings to them in public. I think art is beautiful, especially art that expresses the human body in its entirety. But society doesn't always agree and nudity can make people uncomfortable because of it. I agree that he doesn't force people to take action against their will but he does force people to look at nude images against their will. This is the forceful part that bothers me. But I actually like the ideas the manga presents: Art is a form of expression and isn't inherently sexual. It's just that this manga does so in its own bubble, ignoring what reality might think.

This feels like you're projecting your own discomfort onto the characters, here. That's the thing about tags, if a guy's aesthetic attraction to women is making you feel uncomfortable, you don't have to force yourself to engage with it.

I'm both projecting my own discomfort and seeing the discomfort of the women he's approaching in the manga. And I agree about tags. I will say I'm not forcing myself to engage with it, I like the ideas behind it and enjoy the art. I'm expressing my discomfort to highlight why I think others might not enjoy it. That criticism might come off as unfair because I didn't balance it with the praise I have for it. I will add that while I am projecting, that discomfort is also a reality for many women who have to deal with men forcing similar things on women publicly. D*ck pics are a thing. While I think this manga does it tastefully and the MC isn't wrong to appreciate art and want to show it to others, he does ignore their discomfort to do so. And that's a common thing in reality. I'm not the only person who's felt that.

I don't understand the purpose of this point, other than to be presumptuous of hypothetical strangers' intentions. Even if this were true, though, and people are primarily motivated by sexual attraction, why is that bad? Feeling various kinds of attraction isn't bad, or shameful, or degrading in and of itself, it's what people do with their attraction to other people that counts the most. Are they still respectful of that person, or no? Do they respect boundaries and people telling them "no?" That's what counts. Slip ups are fine too, so long as no lasting damage occurred and people (or fictional characters in this case are shown to) learn to do better.

He respects boundaries in so much as that if they say no to being his model he backs off... Sometimes. In chapter 3 that's not the case as he continues to draw despite the discomfort of the other person. I agree that what people do with their attraction counts the most. In the case of our MC I see not much fault with his behaviors with only having some mild discomfort about small things. I didn't get that across well either. Slips aren't always fine as they can lead to lasting damage, especially if it's confronting someone with trauma. The subject the boy focuses on is something that can be hard on some women. This fictional character is a good person, and I like them. But I can like someone and feel discomfort with their actions. It is, ultimately, fiction though so being too critical isn't fair. I like the ideas behind it and the art, and it does a decent job of relaying what it wants. As for sexual attraction being a motivator, that's not bad. I disagree with puritanical ideas about sex and related behaviors. But you and I aren't in the majority and expressing that idea by trying to be pushy about it does more harm than good. In the real world. This manga is fine and respectful and I like that.

I've never seen Haro not take no for an answer nor force anything onto anyone thus far. Maybe I'm forgetting a specific instance though, so feel free to let us know which chapter(s) this happens in. Over all though, it feels like this critique stems more from a bias towards perceived cis male sexuality. There are more objectively egregious manga series on this site, and the rationale that it's all okay because it's fiction and fiction is a safe home to explore taboo without causing harm to real people is solid and one I personally subscribe to, but this should be extended to non-yuri manga as well.

In chapter 3 he continues to draw despite the feelings of the other person. He's doing it with good intentions and his result is great, but it's still ignoring the other person's boundaries. There's also any time he asks women to be his model while showing nude art to them. He's trying to show how art is an expression of beauty and not inherently perverted but he should know that his behaviors make women uncomfortable yet he persists in doing it. Asking women to be his model is fine, showing the nudes without their consent is not so much. But this manga handles it respectfully enough and his character has good intentions. I like Haro.

Any manga that genuinely appreciates the feminine form should have the potential to be welcomed on this site. Tags exist, so people can avoid them if they're strictly here for yuri, but as a sapphic woman that enjoys the feminine form in much the same way as Haro does (though I'm not exactly an artist), I greatly appreciate this series being here. I likely wouldn't have come across it otherwise, since this site is my main haunt for manga these days.

I welcome any manga to this site, especially ones that focus on art. And I agree, enjoying the feminine form should be celebrated. As an artist I encourage these types of manga. I'm just vaguely uncomfortable with the MCs behavior and how quick some people are to romanticize it without questioning some of the real world results. And tags are there for a reason, to allow people to quickly decide to read or avoid something. I like to challenge my ideas and read things outside my comfort zone, which led me here. And I'm glad I did because it's a good manga that I had only a few criticisms of.
Ultimately, I agree with you but didn't properly express myself with the first post. Thank you again for your comment and feedback.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Anna-san, great tits

Peachbrowsette2
joined Apr 14, 2023

Gotta say, this is turning out better than I would have guessed. Can't tell if it's a theme of this story, or a kink of the author, but there's no over looking the high heels, or feet, fetish. But compared to some of the more raunchy things on this site, it's pretty tame. Thanks for sharing!

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

I feel like this chapter made me participate in the sakura viewing with the characters. Usually I don't think much of it being used as the hangout or date setting in manga, but here I had to slow down and appreciate the scenery. Also, that's some hilarious slip of the tongue (finger?).

Oh, and did anyone have dirty thoughts on the first page?

I've seen this out-of-breath twist a few times too many to imagine anything lewd :/

Glass%20drum
joined Jan 3, 2019

The silent panels in this chapter were really something. I don't notice details like that much normally, but it felt simultaneously lively and calm, felt more like I was watching a really great anime. Idk how else to put it.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I'm happy you guys are finding so much value in various aspects of this one.

joined Oct 2, 2021

This boys hungerier for tits than a starving six month old

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

As I said on first page of comments, I'm down for the Mayu end-game. Much better than the teacher we have no characterization on.

To reply you must either login or sign up.