Forum › How she and I got close discussion

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

It's so over

last edited at Oct 5, 2023 2:09PM

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

some of you are really like this, lol

"it's not transphobic if the evil male predator pretending to be a women doesn't say that he's a trans woman! transphobes would never say that 'men will dress up as (trans) women to get past women's defenses' means trans women aren't accepted! it just means that treating trans women as women is inherently dangerous to females."

"it's just an unfortunate coincidence this plot point comes at a time of maximum transmisogyny! you're a dick if you bring politics into art! see how oversensitive trans women are! they even thought that dig was intentional. you know what they say about a guilty mind."

"regardless, even if it was transmisogynistic then it isn't a big deal anyways, and the guys whining about it are just trying to bring a good women down. and no that wasn't another dig. i just use 'guys' in a gender neutral way and 'they/them' only for trans women who are within earshot."

"as we all know transphobes are willing to grant that trans women are just regretful, pitiable creatures like goblins. also dangerous violent and cruel rapists like goblins. they really just have a problem with violent males. which doesn't include russell brand, johnny depp, roman polanski, or any other famous male rapist, whom they support."

"we can all agree that transphobes are only against men preying on women, not trans women. the idea that they have a problem with trans women, who they see as definitionally men preying on women, is just because you agree that trans women are ontologically Rape itself. the perverts who are lavishing violence and ugliness on their on twisted mockery of women's bodies while defiling the Eternal Feminine."

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

More important, do the mcdonal stuff is real?

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I loved this ,gyaru forever! but gimme a second part, a kiss!

joined Oct 27, 2018

Impressive. It's rare a manga makes me hate the MC in the first sentence.

Kanacatmybaby
joined Jul 22, 2023

i know it's the beauty standard and all that but as someone who's actually 42 kg in real life i wouldn't be treating it as some accomplishment or smth to be proud of
(for those who use lb instead of kg, 42 kg is around 92-93 lb which is literally underweight)

joined Mar 4, 2017

Yeah this one shot needs a transphobia tag. I dropped it when I got to that part.

He was only treated as a creep because he was a man in drag. Heck we don't even know if he identified as a man. The writer just automatically assumed male pronouns that he must be some kind of creep for wearing a dress despite being assigned male at birth. Really fucked up.

identification-projection-preheterosexuality
Please%20actually
joined Mar 13, 2018

countdown to the first openly radfem yuri mangaka begins here

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I haven't laughed this hard reading comments in a long time.

Same here. I came to the comments section thinking "Knowing the peeps in this forum, I bet I'll found a hysterical chorus screaming transphobia!" I wasn't disappointed. ¯⧵_( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

I loved this manga so-o-o much! ♡ I give it 98 out of 100 points. The two minus points are because:
1) Why was Yuma there, right on time to save Sayori from the predator? It's too big of a coincidence! It makes me lucubrate weird theories... (like "Was Yuma stalking Sayori?" or even "Did Yuma paid the guy to scare Sayori just so she could play hero?")
2) Where's my sex scene?!?!? I wanted ten more pages with them fucking like rabbits and then becoming girlfriends!!! Yukiko, I swear...

Smirk
joined Oct 6, 2021

Same here. I came to the comments section thinking "Knowing the peeps in this forum, I bet I'll found a hysterical chorus screaming transphobia!" I wasn't disappointed. ¯⧵_( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

I loved this manga so-o-o much! ♡ I give it 98 out of 100 points. The two minus points are because:
1) Why was Yuma there, right on time to save Sayori from the predator? It's too big of a coincidence! It makes me lucubrate weird theories... (like "Was Yuma stalking Sayori?" or even "Did Yuma paid the guy to scare Sayori just so she could play hero?")
2) Where's my sex scene?!?!? I wanted ten more pages with them fucking like rabbits and then becoming girlfriends!!! Yukiko, I swear...

You're telling me a website for predominantly LGBT content, with lots of LGBT users would have comments rightfully calling out transphobia? Crazy!!!1! /s

Biker_cat%20small
joined Jul 16, 2018

Loved this story. The gyaru was so cool, didn't know they dressed like that as a defense mechanism. That was interesting.

joined Mar 24, 2021

Can’t say I see the issue being as bad as people are making it. Maybe that makes me transphobic.

joined Mar 26, 2021

Yeesh... Not Yukiko's finest work, for sure...I guess she wanted to show a "realistic" view of what being a model is like, but damn was that bad. Like, I've seen news about stuff creeps in Japan get up to and it's pretty horrible, but a transphobic trope is still a transphobic trope and perpetuates transphobic ideas, so maybe next time have the creep be creepy without, you know, implied transness?
And about the weight... 42kg? Makes me think of many 90s models in the west, who were anorexic or were in the verge of it... Japanese women might be shorter, but I doubt it's enough to justify an adult having the weight of a child.
So, overall, pretty bad. There were some cute moments here and there, I doubt Yuma was just looking for friend at the beginning and the way she tried to build a relationship there was nice (even if it's only a personal headcanon). I think Yukiko might want to focus on that kind of feel-good stories, she has more experience with that than, well, this kind of drama.

joined Feb 24, 2023

You're telling me a website for predominantly LGBT content, with lots of LGBT users would have comments rightfully calling out transphobia? Crazy!!!1! /s

For real this like this last place I’d expected to find the usual sweatlord dudebros yucking it up because people wanna talk about concerning portrayals in fiction regarding trans people but they’re definitely way more obnoxious then the people actually discussing the story

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

Loved this story. The gyaru was so cool, didn't know they dressed like that as a defense mechanism. That was interesting.

Yup.
If you're a Japanese girl with a traditional style and looks, people will think you're meek and shy and weak-willed... and sleazy dudes will try to bully you into following them for drinks and stuff.
Otoh if you're a gyaru people will think you're brash, cocksure and arrogant... and the creeps will give you a wide berth because they're afraid that, if they talk to you, you'll loudly tell them off. But guys from sexclubs and brothels will try to hire you to work as a hostess/prostitute.

You just can't win.

Screenshot%20at%202023-11-19%2021-15-42
joined May 12, 2019

Okay, Imma break down this trope. Hey, I need make-up advice, we're hitting it off, you wanna meet up so we can do make-up stuff? She's here... oh wait, that's a man in a dress. It's a freak. Run. Everything about the character is framed as hidden, obscured, threatening, and when the woman makes a quick excuse and tries to leave this 'man in a dress' immediately crosses a line, physically grabbing the woman and trying to keep her there. C'mon baby... The lesbian love interest gets to white night, threatening to call the police on a creepy stalker who assaulted a woman, and take her home to her apartment immediately after. You really need to careful on the internet. It's full of creepy wierdos like that freak. Thank goodness I was there to help. Who knows what could have happened. Happy ending.

Now imagine this creepy wierdo as they are framed in the manga, as a trans person, which is the most likely scenario for actual mannish looking person in womens clothing asking for make-up advice and help from a woman. They engage in good faith but don't disclose their identity right away. They meet up with an internet aquaintance that seems nice, and immediately on seeing them, the person freaks out and tries to make an excuse and get away fast. No wait, please... Okay freak! Wtf do you think yer doing touching her. Get tf out of here before I call the cops. Thank god, my white night came. Who knows what might have happened. You need to be careful. Freaks are everywhere and they want to hurt you. Not me tho... you can tust me. Nothing is framed as bad about this situation except for the cross dressing character who lied about their identity and assaulted the heroine.

You see why this as a bad trope right? It's always the same one. Trans women are predatory men in dresses that want to lull women and lesbians into a false sense of security so they can intrude into their gendered spaces, get close to them, and hurt them. Not just men, but also threatening perverts.

You can see how this same exact story could just be framed slightly differently and paint the gyaru as a predator, or the creepy predator as an innocent trans woman, but nope... the 'man in a dress' is a creepy stalker who assaults women... watch out for those freaks... oldest transphobic trope in the book. Sad.

last edited at Oct 5, 2023 4:17PM

joined Dec 13, 2020

I feel you totally. In fact I would also love for Kasumi and Sakurako to show us a scene of Real Hot Sex for a dozen pages or so. But yeah, Yukiko. Sigh.

I hadn't realized that Yuma's sudden appearance is so sus. You're right about that. I guess Yukiko was feeling lazy and didn't want to bother making up an excuse to explain her arrival just in time.

Lol at the other comments. Every forum in the world is the same: the crazies are in the woodwork, like termites, waiting for any chance to come out and bellow their favorite buzzwords. You just have to learn to live with them.

joined Dec 23, 2016

You are a fucking polyp

__mioda_ibuki_danganronpa_and_super_danganronpa_2_drawn_by_qosic__sample
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

After confirming with the people who worked on this release, we have agreed to remove the work as the message it contains does not reflect the views of Dynasty nor of knight heron and it's not something we support.

Multiple people in this thread have been banned for 30 days as they chose to openly mock, if not belittle people who had expressed legitimate concerns about this work.

We will not tolerate this kind of behaviour.

This topic has been locked.