Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

Beso%20tini%20emilia%20clipboard011
joined Aug 25, 2023

Nooo Makino messed up big time
Now Mashiro thinks she's an unfaithful wretch and is furious with her!

What will happen to her? How is Makino gonna end up after this??

joined May 24, 2019

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Jajajaja nmms esto no a va a pasar jamás por muchos desastres que haya hecho Makino y por muy cabreada que esté Mashiro.
Makino va a encontrar alguna forma hazañosa de hacerse perdonar y a huevo triunfará el mal! XD

joined Apr 14, 2022

I'm a bad person, because the prospect of her marrying this guy so she can spend all of his money on her mistress is the first time I've been interested in the manga. I want to see the fireworks in the comments if the manga about a scumbag owns it and has the most scummy conclusion possible.

Although on further consideration, I guess it wouldn't even be a particularly scummy ending for this set of characters. In fact, it actually seems like it would be a happy ending for all involved. Scumbag-chan didn't seem to think twice about marrying a guy as long as he gives her money. Rich guy would know about her mistress, since he'll know what she's spending money on, and from his actions so far, it doesn't seem like he cares about concepts like "love" as long as he gets to marry a cute girl. And the sex worker of all people should have nothing to complain about if her lover sleeps with a rich dude to set her up for life. Especially when the entire reason the girl she loves wants money, is because she's charging her for sex and dates like any other client...

last edited at Sep 22, 2023 8:24PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm a bad person, because the prospect of her marrying this guy so she can spend all of his money on her mistress is the first time I've been interested in the manga. I want to see the fireworks in the comments if the manga about a scumbag owns it and has the most scummy conclusion possible.

Although on further consideration, I guess it wouldn't even be a particularly scummy ending for this set of characters. In fact, it actually seems like it would be a happy ending for all involved. Scumbag-chan didn't seem to think twice about marrying a guy as long as he gives her money. Rich guy would know about her mistress, since he'll know what she's spending money on, and from his actions so far, it doesn't seem like he cares about concepts like "love" as long as he gets to marry a cute girl. And the sex worker of all people should have nothing to complain about if her lover sleeps with a rich dude to set her up for life. Especially when the entire reason the girl she loves wants money, is because she's charging her for sex and dates like any other client...

Just two things
* Both scummy and Mashiro very much do care about who they are with
* The most scummy ending would be her robbing him of his inheritance

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Just two things
* Both scummy and Mashiro very much do care about who they are with
* The most scummy ending would be her robbing him of his inheritance

Yes, saying that they'd be happy with an ending like that reveals a misunderstanding of their characters. Also, the "scummy" part of our MC is greatly exaggerated. She's mostly just naive, shortsighted and impulsive. She's not really been that bad and almost always means well in her head.

last edited at Sep 23, 2023 7:44AM

joined Jun 27, 2022

Mashiro is still whoring herself out, how can she be mad at what makino is doing lmao.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Mashiro is still whoring herself out, how can she be mad at what makino is doing lmao.

Theory of mind failure?

She's mad at what she thinks Makino is doing, she doesn't know what Makino is doing.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Say you're looking down on sex workers without saying you're looking down on sex workers.

It's her job, there's nothing reprehensible about it. Apples and pears.

joined Jun 10, 2023

Oh no oh no oh noes.

How big is Tokyo? What were the chances that Mashiro would walk by that jeweller's right at that moment?

Freaky Coincidences of Events: driving forward plots since 3000 BC.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Say you're looking down on sex workers without saying you're looking down on sex workers.

It's her job, there's nothing reprehensible about it. Apples and pears.

You just seem like you're getting offended just for the sake of it. Comparing someone going on dates and sleeping with other people for money while you get jealous about who they spend time with isn't apples and pears, it's a legitimate comparison.

But, the comment has little to do with the situation here anyway, because Mashiro isn't jealous that Makino might be sleeping with this guy, she thinks Makino is actually going to marry him. That is actually a different scenario.

last edited at Sep 24, 2023 9:30AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Yes, saying that they'd be happy with an ending like that reveals a misunderstanding of their characters. Also, the "scummy" part of our MC is greatly exaggerated. She's mostly just naive, shortsighted and impulsive. She's not really been that bad and almost always means well in her head.

yeah no, makino is really scummy, that´s just a fact and there´s no way around. Even if her parents are the worst humans beings tricking them into giving her money for prostitutes is questionable to say the least no only that but she´s beeing using other people like her sister and classmates to get money to satisfy her hedonistic desires, heck the only reason she goes to cram school is cuz she´s too lazy to work and even then she half assed cram schoo until the risk of maron not being her teacher hit her
The only reason why maron even likes her is cuz she happened to be with her and treated her a bit nice when she was having a hard time and was mentally unstable, heck even then she was openly lusting after someone that just admit that was having a hard time and wanted to end her life wich if you were to ask me is boderline psycopath

last edited at Sep 27, 2023 3:06AM

joined Jun 21, 2021

VINDICAATIIIOOOOONNNNNNNNN! Ooooooooo that felt so good, finally some payback. Also nice that that misunderstanding with the ring didn't get to fester.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Who's the scummy one now, eh?

If this were a different manga it might be time for inheritance murder

joined Apr 14, 2022

???? did we skip a chapter? im confused

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Kinda feels like we skipped a chapter....but seeing her mom get punched felt really nice

joined Jun 21, 2021

I don't think we skipped anything, the chapter transition from Satou seeing Makino in the jewelry store, thinking "ah so she's getting married after all, liar.", to Makino's mother announcing it, with Satou thinking "yep, here we go." feels consistent.

I suspect we'll get a brief flashback to how it came to this next chapter maybe, when Makino is settling in at Satou's place.

joined May 24, 2014

She's much less of a scumbag, now.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I have no words for how much satisfying it was to see that asshole getting what they deserve. And now Satou and Makino are living together ^♡^

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Lol this turned into a primetime soap opera...
Totally don't mind tho.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Angry Narcissist Mom doesn't realize she has just set up her daughter's love life for good. It's funny and yet sad how wholeheartedly she believes that Makino will come crawling back to her, when, in fact, she has just put a big fat X on her entire plans for her. My only concern is that angry narcissists usually cause a lot of harm because admitting they were wrong is more terrifying to them than a capital offense.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

I don't think we skipped anything, the chapter transition from Satou seeing Makino in the jewelry store, thinking "ah so she's getting married after all, liar.", to Makino's mother announcing it, with Satou thinking "yep, here we go." feels consistent.

I suspect we'll get a brief flashback to how it came to this next chapter maybe, when Makino is settling in at Satou's place.

Yeah, it does feel like a sudden transition following the last chapter, but it does make sense either way. It probably would have felt less sudden if there had been another chapter to set up the consequences of Maximo’s actions or show Satou’s reaction, but I don’t mind skipping a bit of drama to keep things moving.

Also, that threat-punch combo was so damn satisfying. Granted, Mama Scumbag’s vengeance is probably going to be ruthless now, but at least that means she’ll probably have another chance to be humiliated.

I do wonder what Maximo’s fiancé/piggy bank is going to say about this, though. Scumbags are at their most dangerous when unaccounted for.

joined May 24, 2014

Scumbag stood her ground and gets to live with her girlfriend!

joined May 10, 2021

Man that really took an abrupt turn, the best kind of abrupt turn though.
Mum gets punched, they get to love with each others.
Now I'm just waiting for Makino's sister to somehow jump in and help them solve this situation.
Thanks for the chapter!

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Oh shit, something tells me the mom will somehow find out about Mashiro’s other job and expose her. Fuck.

She deserved that punch, by the way.

To reply you must either login or sign up.