Forum › What should get yuri-fied?

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

If you got to turn any movie/book/radio show/whatever into a well-drawn yuri story, what would you choose?

For example, I would DEFINITELY read a yuri adaptation of Bend it like Beckham.

Also, if we wanted to do something classic with children's stories, I would like to see something with Heidi and Clara (grown up) or a yuri continuation of A Little Princess (movie).

Kiki's Delivery Service yuri could be really nice too :)

Anyone else have any thoughts??

Solid%20ice%20heart%203-29-15
joined Mar 30, 2015

This may sound silly, but I think it would be very entertaining to see politics and current events yuri-fied.

This may sound silly, but I think it would be very entertaining to see politics and current events yuri-fied.

anyone have biden x trump yuri

joined Oct 22, 2018

This is probably something only Montenegrins (like myself) and the few foreigner nerds that look into Montenegrin politics would understand, but like.

Imagine what fucking crackship Milo x Pipun would be.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

It’s funny the thread started with Bend it like Beckham. I was just shower thoughting a few days ago that a She’s the Man remake would surely have Viola/Olivia as endgame…that’d be good. Life would be better.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

One of the first manga series I ever finished was Love Hina. I'd like to see the exact same story with Keiko instead of Keitaro. Change the Seta character to Setsuna or something, and make it full-on yuri harem madness. And make a remake of Dark City with Jane Murdoch as the main character.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Flash Gordon, except that instead of Flash being a male NFL star, have her be a WNBA star or maybe a female WWE wrestler.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

It’s funny the thread started with Bend it like Beckham. I was just shower thoughting a few days ago that a She’s the Man remake would surely have Viola/Olivia as endgame…that’d be good. Life would be better.

Go back even further and make Twelfth Night yuri.

Like, legit, what even was that turn to straightness??!!

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I remember seeing something posted on Mangadex a while back that did involve Biden, Trump, Obama, and others. I do remember it having the Gender Bender tag and quite possibly the Girls Love tag? I might be hallucinating the Girls Love tag cause I took one look at the manga and was like "Yeaaaaaaaaaah, no"

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I remember seeing something posted on Mangadex a while back that did involve Biden, Trump, Obama, and others. I do remember it having the Gender Bender tag and quite possibly the Girls Love tag? I might be hallucinating the Girls Love tag cause I took one look at the manga and was like "Yeaaaaaaaaaah, no"

I was digging around my Drive the other day and found art depicting Hilary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, and Donald Trump as Virgilia, Bernkastel, and Beatrice from Umineko respectively.

joined Jun 16, 2023

Personally, I'm always hoping for more action/adventure yuri. "Noir" was got me into yuri as a genre, Cass/Steph from "Batgirl" was the first non-canon couple I ever shipped, and I've been mildly obsessed with Kara/Lena from "Supergirl" for the last few months. I'd like to see more stories with lesbian Battle Couples, more stories with lesbian action heroines rescuing damsels... a story that's just about romantic drama is never as interesting to me as one where the romance goes hand-in-hand with facing danger together.

Username%20dyn%20tirkiz
joined Dec 23, 2018

Everything

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

All those old time films with accidental improbable cat-and-dog screwball romances like Capra's It Happened One Night or Hitchcock's The 39 Steps.

last edited at Aug 26, 2023 2:53PM

joined Jun 13, 2023

Cromartie High School

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit. There's some adorable Girl Bilbo fanart out there. Usually paired with Thorin, but still.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I know remakes are all the rage these days and they’re pretty hit or miss, but I’d love to see Xena Warrior Princess remade without having to be subtle about the lesbian romance. If for no other reason than to piss off my cranky father. Honestly, watching him squirm during those moments made me so happy when I was growing up.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

politics

Thing is, this has historically been a thing. Long before Country Balls and Hetalia, people have personified their countries as ladies, and expressed allegiance through those ladies being all lovey-dovey with eachother. Like Italia and Germania or Polonia and Lituania:
Friedrich Overbeck 008 Siostry - Wojciech Gerson 1897

So my vote is for simply resuming this practice.

To reply you must either login or sign up.