Forum › Akebi-chan's Sailor Uniform discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That was nice. ^_^

And the fact that Akebi was essentially performing solely for Erika...

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

god this chapter is so fucking gay, like Akebi just straight up going "I want what they have, Erika needs to choose me"

Though of course she is also an amazing showman so it might be half-true feelings, half-hyping up the crowd.

last edited at Apr 2, 2023 3:12PM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

It's pretty hard not to read this chapter with yuri goggles firmly on XP It sure feels like a lot of romantic feelings are there and not in a very subtext way.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I didn't really understand this chapter. Maybe it's been too long between chapters and I forgot what was going on, or maybe I'm just having an emotionally dull day today.

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

I loved the Togano pov ngl, it was fun

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Tbh Erika's answer kinda annoyed me the only choice should be Akebi. Girl has been fawning over her since the first few seconds she walked into the door of the classroom and she was the first to meet her. I honestly don't really like whatsherface that plays the guitar anyway. Hibimori? I think that's her.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Even the other kids know there is something more between Akebi and Erika than the same type of friendship they have with the other girls.

joined May 28, 2021

^^ Erika is in a difficult position. She has sorta taken Hebimori under her wing recently and she's probably hesitant to just crush her self esteem, while at the same time Komichi is her closest friend (and secret crush, let's be real here). I don't think it's a triangle situation or anything like that, she just wasn't expecting the situation to turn out like that and she's a bit dumbfounded.

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

Think of it like a love triangle, except one corner is about to shrivel up and the other two corners kinda wanna be alone but don't wanna be assholes about it

joined May 28, 2021

Komichi will be turning even more heads with her cool new uniform . She definitely doesnt need more points added to her charm stat!

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Kinda a meh chapter overall. But her new uniform is cute and anytime we see her adorable little sister is a win in my book. I hate how long we normally have to wait for chapters for this series and we get ones like this bleh. Next chapter should be interesting to see how her giant harem of girls like her fall uniform.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Kao always the more mature sister. :D

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Whoa, Hoko-chan really went for it.

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

The coloured panel goes so hard

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

wow,I don't think anyone saw that kiss coming haha. Love that though, really does add to Utsugi's view of Akebi as this devil out to get her. Now she has to contend with double the demons lmao.

Edit. Girls will be like "I'm fighting demons" and the demons are homosexuality.

last edited at Jun 5, 2023 7:34AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It's a kiss. Not the kiss we've wanted all this time, but a kiss nonetheless.

joined May 28, 2021

All black does change Komichi's vibe quite a bit. I'm curious to see how the girls in her classroom will react to it now :O

Aweida_compressed
joined Oct 17, 2020

Black is nice indeed.

the_honeybee
20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/akebi_chans_sailor_uniform_ch01#6

"this off shade white coloring... the subtle thickness of it. My god, it even has a watermark!"

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Well that is one way to stop someone from poaching your talent.

People better not get in the way of our lesbian romance stage play. Between Erika and Akebi the high school kids gonna have some real competition.

I'm a bit worried about her actually ending up infront of the press this early. Might jump start her to that idol thing early.

These month long waits between chapters ae killer with how slow things go.

joined May 28, 2021

I almost want to see Komichi having a ''bad girl arc '' now, except it turns into a situation like when Vignette was trying to be more demon-like in Gabriel Dropout and her version of being bad was just all sorts of innocent, adorable stuff :⁠-⁠P

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

happy pride month ig-

joined Jan 11, 2014

SUBTEXT TURNING INTO OVERTEXT???? This work always had gay ass vibes with Erika's wholehearted admiration for Akebi, going so far as to say she "yearns for all of what [she] has so much." Like, the love for Akebi's person inherent in that.

Not to mention the arc of Akebi trying to learn what ROMANTIC love is, which has its own subplot of Yasuko and Hitomi's relationship (the volleyball duo). Yasuko's whole development is framed within the lens of romantic love. First, she declares that she likes Hitomi. Then we get the most STRUCTURALLY ROMANTIC flashback where she breaks up with her ex who doesn't like that she's tall, and it's juxtaposed immediately with meeting Hitomi who thinks her build is perfect for volleyball. Why is it structurally romantic? Because the person telling Yasuko she was too tall could’ve been anyone (a group of bullies or friends, for example), but instead the author chooses an ex, within an arc that is thematically about romantic love. This casts the person who tells Yasuko her height is perfect as a meet-cute love interest. Moving forward, the crush becomes her motivation to be strong enough to be Hitomi's equal. All this is to say, even my most cynical heterosexual read can only conclude there is romantic attraction at play.

So Akebi’s romantic quest is framed alongside Yasuko’s Very Sapphic arc of becoming good enough for Hitomi. An arc that ends with Akebi telling Erika she wants Erika to invite her on walks more often, which is one of the first instances our Self-Reliant Perfect Genki Girlsuccess Girlboss Akebi yearns for a person.

AND I HAVEN’T EVEN BEGAN TALKING ABOUT ERIKA AND AKEBI’S PLAY. What do you MEAN Akebi and Erika are actors in a play, playing characters that were written with them in mind who are essentially themselves, who fall in LOVE. WHAT DO YOU MEAN Akebi declares, “I’ll fall in love, for real” to Erika ARF ARF ARF ARF. Akebi doesn’t know what love is, so the perfect way to teach her is a play where she HAS to fall in love to encompass her role perfectly, or else the play will fail and her intimately close best friend might be taken away from her.

AND NOW PREZ CHIARASHI JUST KISSES A GAL OUT OF NOWHERE? For WHAT? Is it because she could see what Hidaka was thinking and feeling and found her decision—to invite Akebi to the troupe despite her negative feelings surrounding Akebi—interesting? Does she like how animated and expressive Hidaka is and find her interesting? Maybe prez thinks having a girl with contradictory feelings towards Akebi be the eye of the camera would be a good mix.

BUT PREZ, HOW DOES THAT LEAD YOU TO KISS HER? WHY.

last edited at Jun 5, 2023 8:41PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I saw the page with the kiss out of context on Twitter, and I thought it was from MahoAko lol

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

... so is it finally time we change subtext to yuri

on another note, I wasn't really reading akebi until now (just glancing at the pages looking for gay) but I think this is my cue to go back and read it for real, especially since people are saying good stuff about the theather play arc or smth

last edited at Jun 6, 2023 1:25PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.