Forum › FAQ, Help, & Suggestions (2022-)

joined Feb 1, 2021
joined Apr 10, 2021

So suggestions for images are also made through the upload request page?
If you for example want to suggest something on pixiv, what is the "name"? Should you copy the name of the artwork, it isn't visible anywhere in the images page. And as for the author, if the name is in kanji/'gana, do you copy that, translate it yourself, or leave it empty for you to decide? Please assist.

Also for "link" do you want the page where the artwork is or the link to the "open image" path directly

last edited at Mar 28, 2023 12:52PM

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

^ the name is necessary for story-type works (series, oneshot), so it's obligatory field. For images you can just put in whatever, it's not shown once the image is approved anyway, but try being a bit descriptive to invite the reviewer.

As for author/artist name, it's best to put in romaji for Japanese names, GTrans can help with that most of the times, Chinese names are more tricky so I usually copy it wholesale and leave it the reviewer's discretion. Pixiv usually contains links to the artist's other social network pages, you can also garner more info there (like how the artist transliterates their name, or what is their preferred penname). Sometimes it's also useful to directly google the name, even in kanji, to search such info. Alternatively, use their username on twitter, if that applies. Including the links to the artist's social network pages in the Artist field really helps. Kind of the same for Scanlator field.

The Link field is for the link to image that you want to request upload, like the link to twitter thread/tumblr post/pixiv post/etc that contains the image, though in the case of pixiv albums, it's better to put the link to album plus an indication to which picture you want instead of direct link to that image, since I find that link doesn't always work when I copy it into a new tab. Check the link in a new tab before submitting.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

For image requests I usually go with the ship name

For the artist and scanlator field I just go with names. I'll try to use links in the future if I can.

Youmu-nio-160pxw
joined Jun 20, 2019

Spam, spam, spam.

There's also a possible site weakness, where search results - any search results - can be indexed by Google, so there are a whole lot of spammy-lookin' search results on Dynasty in their index, like this example. Perhaps /search should be disallowed in robots.txt?

last edited at Mar 29, 2023 7:26PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Het (hardcore) in the source: https://dynasty-scans.com/images/26395

Especially jarring because the image uploaded here is not NSFW...

It's in the first reply to the tweet, so it's right at the bottom of the screen when I open the link - screenshot

The last time I suggested a tag, but honestly it might be good enough if the uploader just left a comment under the image with a warning

last edited at Mar 31, 2023 11:08PM

joined Jun 5, 2018

Staff definitely told me today: het>yuri

Isnt that right, OrangeSomething!?

This site is in truth only one huuuuge social experiment and y'all are just stupid guinea pigs! If this post gets deleted and I disappear everyone will know what happened!

last edited at Apr 1, 2023 5:59AM

joined Jul 30, 2020

I think there's probably enough material for a Lap pillow tag.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

I believe this person needs to be reminded that posting accusations in a language different from the one the majority of this site uses will not shield them from consequences: https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/849866

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Another post for the going commando tag I suggested before (I think)?
https://dynasty-scans.com/images/26638

Edit: Also two for the inverted nipples tag I also suggested:
https://dynasty-scans.com/images/15227
https://dynasty-scans.com/images/18547

last edited at Apr 23, 2023 1:10PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

^ the name is necessary for story-type works (series, oneshot), so it's obligatory field. For images you can just put in whatever, it's not shown once the image is approved anyway, but try being a bit descriptive to invite the reviewer.

As for author/artist name, it's best to put in romaji for Japanese names, GTrans can help with that most of the times, Chinese names are more tricky so I usually copy it wholesale and leave it the reviewer's discretion. Pixiv usually contains links to the artist's other social network pages, you can also garner more info there (like how the artist transliterates their name, or what is their preferred penname). Sometimes it's also useful to directly google the name, even in kanji, to search such info. Alternatively, use their username on twitter, if that applies. Including the links to the artist's social network pages in the Artist field really helps. Kind of the same for Scanlator field.

The Link field is for the link to image that you want to request upload, like the link to twitter thread/tumblr post/pixiv post/etc that contains the image, though in the case of pixiv albums, it's better to put the link to album plus an indication to which picture you want instead of direct link to that image, since I find that link doesn't always work when I copy it into a new tab. Check the link in a new tab before submitting.

You can simplify this. For example, I only fill out the Name and Link sections. Link is self-explanatory, while under Name I put the franchise and the pairing (or just write "original" if it is the artist's original characters). I never bother with other sections. I know that dpf prefers to have the franchise + pairing clearly stated in the Name section, it allows him to go through the submitted images faster.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

We still need a way to mark what we've read, like the script Dynasty Mark Read did before (⁠ب⁠_⁠ب⁠)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Chapter title for Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! (novel ver.) ch39: The Elixer of Love (II) misspelled on the site (but not in the chapter itself) - "Elixer" -> "Elixir"

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

I'm having trouble understanding the blacklist and whitelist feature. Specifically the whitelist one. I assumed that it adds chapters back if they have tags on both the blacklist and the whitelist but testing suggests otherwise. What does the whitelist do?

lost my account bystander because the reset password thingy wasnt sending an email to my gmail, i forgor my password there so i tried resetting it but my inbox had no new emails, it was quite frustrating but i would greatly appreciate it if this issue was worked on and fixed

last edited at Apr 28, 2023 12:35PM by

I'm having trouble understanding the blacklist and whitelist feature. Specifically the whitelist one. I assumed that it adds chapters back if they have tags on both the blacklist and the whitelist but testing suggests otherwise. What does the whitelist do?

whitelist makes it so the chapters with the tags you whitelisted ( in other words, allowed ) show up on the results. i hope this helped lol

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Apparently Miki Bukimi is also known as Bukimi Isan, going by Booru sites. I guess that could be included as an alternative name:
https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/miki_bukimi

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Is the home page not working for anyone else? The rest of the site is working fine.

can the forum for Yuri Manga Recommendations be renamed to just Manga Recommendations? i feel like its more fitting that way since the forum users are asking/recommending non-yuri stories

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Not quite sure whether this post is transphobic or just incredibly misguided by the weirdest conspiracy theories I've ever come across...

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Gokigen yo! Would a Prestigious Academy tag be superfluous?

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Ibityuttyu now goes by Aimitsu. Their tag here should probably be renamed.
https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/ibityuttyu

To reply you must either login or sign up.