Forum › Citrus + discussion

joined Jan 14, 2020

Mei grew up!
From robot to Vulcan!

joined Mar 8, 2019

I hope it’s not another “Mei would be better off with someone else” arc. Honestly would be refreshing if Mei was the jealous one. She was briefly like that with Matsuri only so it would be nice if there’d be no more jealousy/envy/miscommunication/self pity from Yuzu’s side but Mei’s instead.

Original Citrus focused on Yuzu’s take on their romance so it would be nice if + can show Mei’s side more, seeing as her capability to access and assess emotions are slowly growing.

Picture clueless Yuzu being jealous of Arata and completely missing that Arata is hitting on her but Mei is the one steaming for once.

Or instead of a rival angle, Arata can be shown as a sort of mix between Mei and Yuzu. Someone with the same responsibilities as Mei but the social capabilities/knowledge of Yuzu that way both mains can see a glimpse of their future and how they can compromise.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I thought the whole "changing the rules of the school" plot was already over, I mean I hasn't been mention since the earlier chapters and I assumed that Mei already accomplished her goal (since yuzu and Matsuri haven't used the school uniform a single time and nobody seems to have a problem) and even at that point it was so poorly defined and happened so quick that it felt more like a plot device to kickstart the Sayaka arc than an ongoing conflict. Heck the next set of chapters (which I barely remember) had little to nothing to do with the school at all, then we have the kana arc that again doesn't mention the school rules a single time
And as blaastar says the fact mei s role in the hierarchy of the board is so poorly defined makes it even more confusing. If Mei doesn't have the power to change the rules by herself, her early attitude makes no sense, she's pretty much asking for a favor yet she acts as if she had all the power and if she didn't change anything how did yuzu and Matsuri have been getting away with breaking the dress code. But if she's indeed in charge of everything why exactly is she lobbying in other schools.
It's kinda weird that sabu decided to bring back this plot, like I said I thought it was already over and is probably one of the more undercooked ones (and tbf is kinda boring) but at this point I don't even know if is possible to get this story back on track so I guess it is what it is

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

So...we skipped Mei's birthday???

Wallpaper_2~2
joined Jul 4, 2021

I had the same toughts reading this chapter, I felt the artstyle was off , went back to some chapters to confirm my sensation and it was almost blatantly evident that this was different, like it was another author all together.

I think it’s mainly that a lot of these panels haven’t had the tones applied, or have just one basic tone. The art usually has more than a few levels of tone on the faces, backgrounds, etc.

I concur, for example in some panels their hairs are completely blank like there's a big flash of light in area surrounding them, it just did not feel right.

I agree that the art has been getting noticeably sloppier and the framing/choice of perspective more random. The panel where Yuzu is sitting at a table with a drink growing out of her head was a very clear indication that quality control is not a high priority these days.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_june_24_through_28#18

Holy cow, she grew a drink on her head!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

And as blaastar says the fact mei s role in the hierarchy of the board is so poorly defined makes it even more confusing. If Mei doesn't have the power to change the rules by herself, her early attitude makes no sense, she's pretty much asking for a favor yet she acts as if she had all the power and if she didn't change anything how did yuzu and Matsuri have been getting away with breaking the dress code. But if she's indeed in charge of everything why exactly is she lobbying in other schools.
It's kinda weird that sabu decided to bring back this plot, like I said I thought it was already over and is probably one of the more undercooked ones (and tbf is kinda boring) but at this point I don't even know if is possible to get this story back on track so I guess it is what it is

Sometimes I wonder if people just skim the new chapters, Mei is the acting chairwoman and such, she has already introduced some changes, which is what allows both Yuzu and Matsuri to wear such heavily customized uniforms and have their hair dyed without being suspended. The current arc shows that Mei is trying to convince other academies (related to Aihara's) to accept her new philosophy and apply the same changes to their own schools.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sometimes I wonder if people just skim the new chapters, Mei is the acting chairwoman and such, she has already introduced some changes, which is what allows both Yuzu and Matsuri to wear such heavily customized uniforms and have their hair dyed without being suspended. The current arc shows that Mei is trying to convince other academies (related to Aihara's) to accept her new philosophy and apply the same changes to their own schools.

As @benja asked, why is Mei doing that? What will be accomplished by convincing other private academies to adopt similar non-traditional dress codes, etc.? Sometimes I think defenders of this series just skim other people’s comments.

My original questions about Mei’s status in the school were real ones. So if she’s the acting headmistress, why doesn’t Mei carry a cellphone, especially after school hours? Students aren’t allowed to have cellphones, but for the head of the school it would seem to be required in case, say, a student were injured during club activities or a parent or teacher needed to get in touch with her. That’s the point—basic elements of the story appear to get picked up or forgotten about entirely until the author randomly brings them back, apparently without thinking through their implications.

last edited at Mar 24, 2023 1:55PM

joined Mar 29, 2019

I miss horny Mei and intimacy. This became gay girls in name only at a certain point like it was censored by the Chinese Communist Party's Board of Ethics Association. Why did the author have to completely neuter this series to where it was devoid of everything that made the original great? Is it because of the new tax laws perhaps eventually revealing her identity and she's scared? I can only speculate.

Mei used to be alive and horny and brilliant and crying and real. And now she's just an archetype. Yuzu barely puts a hand on her. You're not going to tell me Mei would've asked for a celibacy vow until she got into the right college...isn't that complete and utter manipulation? She wouldn't accept Yuzu how she is at dumb school, perhaps beauty school?

These other plots points don't matter, they took my horny girls away with chap 36 and it was truly the death of this series. I've never seen another series do this. Is author-chan dead inside? Does she feel guilty for how Mei treated Yuzu? All the spice is gone. ;_;

Let my Mei party again! Where is the real Mei, the pre-36 Mei? Will the real Mei Aihara please stand up?

Capture
joined Mar 23, 2023

I keep coming back to this with the expectation something productive/interesting might happen. ._.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Why did the author have to completely neuter this series to where it was devoid of everything that made the original great? Is it because of the new tax laws perhaps eventually revealing her identity and she's scared? I can only speculate.

I agree with the general sense of this post, but what does the part about "tax laws" mean?

joined Mar 18, 2023

I highly doubted Sabu would worry about the tax man, She is a major asset of Yurihime, ie, Ichinsha. I am sure the company will do whatever it is possible to protect her financial interests. Also, if Sabu is worried, then most of the other mangaka will also be on the same boat. Namori would be the first target I think....
Frankly, if I were the tax man, I would look into the accounting books of Akaneshinsha. Can't take them down through censorship, but sure can take them down via auditing. Mangakas who write for LO and Opera would be sweating. They need more privacy than other branches of manga.

last edited at Apr 4, 2023 1:56AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Why did the author have to completely neuter this series to where it was devoid of everything that made the original great? Is it because of the new tax laws perhaps eventually revealing her identity and she's scared? I can only speculate.

I agree with the general sense of this post, but what does the part about "tax laws" mean?

Looks like it's this:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-09-13/manga-artists-vtubers-fear-japan-new-invoice-system-invites-loss-of-privacy/.189600

In order to file taxes, freelancers (including authors and vtubers) have to attach their real names to their pseudonyms (which are linked in some way, maybe just their name publicly affiliated with a company?) in a public database later this year. I don't see most yuri hime writers needing to worry extensively about this, it'll probably just result in awkward conversations with family around the holidays for some if people bother to look into it. Kinda rough for like Inui Ayu who assumed her autobiographical stuff would be relatively anonymous

One of the biggest reasons creators won't personally file DMCAs is because it requires them to expose their real names (which is why for instance irodori will do it on their behalf), so a side effect might be more of those rolling out next year.

last edited at Apr 17, 2023 7:13PM

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Why are we being introduced to some random childhood friend guy at this late point in the story ?? With an obviously, perfunctory ''you shold totally marry him in order to save the school Mei '' subplot to boot ? AGAIN ? Haven't we been through this already ? I swear to god, Saburouta will do anything but write about Yuzu and Mei at this point (^^) This is getting dangerously close to fanfic level writing.

If it were fanfic, Sabu would be writing about Yuzu and Mei – just look at the anthologies and doujinshi. Other writers are much more invested in the central relationship than she is.

Xxaaezvi
joined Oct 1, 2019

Then takes a month off. Just about done caring. Didn't really miss it last month. Should tell you something.

joined Dec 17, 2022

the frequency of citrus+ among other things is doing a lot of damage to the story. First of all, I hope that saburouta is in good health, but having said that, I have the impression that the story of citrus+ esta "Dying "slowly" and doesn't look like it's going to come back. It's a shame because I think citrus+ had potential, but I don't know if it's because saboruota has some personal problem that we don't know about Or that she is "using" the citrus "brand" just to get chapters from time to time knowing that for the magazine yurihime citrus is the identity brand of her magazine and that it is not cancelable. In the last published chapters of citrus+en la yurihime, the art has deteriorated a lot and it's not like the story is at its best. We don't even get those congratulatory illustrations anymore Birthday of some characters, like this year of matsuri and harumin. We will see the future. Greetings

Xxaaezvi
joined Oct 1, 2019

Another month with nothing. I'm done. Not worth the effort if the author has so little effort.

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Not trying to pile on, but I forgot Citrus+ even existed until I saw the thread pop up. There are manga that make me keep checking back even though I know the next update is months away, but... this isn't one of them lol. It just hasn't been very memorable. The most interesting moments we've had were between Matsuri and Harumin, whoops.

Xxaaezvi
joined Oct 1, 2019

Not trying to pile on, but I forgot Citrus+ even existed until I saw the thread pop up. There are manga that make me keep checking back even though I know the next update is months away, but... this isn't one of them lol. It just hasn't been very memorable. The most interesting moments we've had were between Matsuri and Harumin, whoops.

And that was over a year ago. Grass growing is more exciting.

joined Dec 17, 2022

The most interesting moments we've had were between Matsuri and Harumin, whoops.

not in vain, vol 3 was one of the best sellers of citrus+. but unfortunately it doesn't seem like Sabu has any interest develop something (for now) . we will see in the future

last edited at Jun 12, 2023 4:01AM

joined Mar 18, 2023

So it takes Arata to call Yuzu to get anything done. Will we have an H scene? There is also a question how Mei responds, you especially she has been pinned down and nowhere to go, by Yuzu who is in a super horny mode. But we all know one cannot judge what Mei feels from the outside, you need to know her inside to figure things out. So now the person who knows her inside out and can read her like a book now become aggressive. But so far at the final panels, Yuzu definitely has lost all the self-restraint she has in regarding to Mei. This actually has never happened before.

I am not that concern about H scenes, all I care is whether it happened or not, as in, if it is off the panel that is fine.
Finally, it is entirely possible that Arata's love target is Yuzu, not Mei.
I do feel a gay vibe from Arata, so let see how it goes.

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 9:21AM

Any general idea of when +chapter 31 is going to be uploaded here?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It is already no ?

It is already no ?

No it's still on Chaosteams Facebook.

Yuzu you have nothing to worry about Mei is head over heels for you just as much as you are for her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.