Forum › Citrus discussion

Tumblr_oooe9bdbbs1v5r2v9o9_250
joined Aug 21, 2014

I hate this series so much. Just so fucking much. These characters are all just so fucking god damn stupid that I can't even. I might be done with this series now. This really might've been the last fucking straw for me. Its just that the message this series sends out to me is that ALL lesbians are fucking idiots and that upsets cuz I know its not true. Cuz I think most of us agree that this series has LONG SINCE past the line of emotionally complexity and whatnot. It's honestly insulting to call a series like this realistic. It really is. I think i'd be more accepting of this if there was a giant fucking dragon attacking the city because it'd at the very least imply a sense of surrealism to the plot in this series lol.

Eeeeeeeeeh, it feels like this is just a series of love triangles that act as some sort of obstacle to Yuzu and Mei's relationship (both in terms of family and romance). This whole thing just feels very sloppy and not all too great in terms of storytelling. It really is tiring for me personally but hey, at least the art looks nice.

joined Jul 8, 2013

I hate this series so much. Just so fucking much. These characters are all just so fucking god damn stupid that I can't even. I might be done with this series now. This really might've been the last fucking straw for me. Its just that the message this series sends out to me is that ALL lesbians are fucking idiots and that upsets cuz I know its not true. Cuz I think most of us agree that this series has LONG SINCE past the line of emotionally complexity and whatnot. It's honestly insulting to call a series like this realistic. It really is. I think i'd be more accepting of this if there was a giant fucking dragon attacking the city because it'd at the very least imply a sense of surrealism to the plot in this series lol.

Eeeeeeeeeh, it feels like this is just a series of love triangles that act as some sort of obstacle to Yuzu and Mei's relationship (both in terms of family and romance). This whole thing just feels very sloppy and not all too great in terms of storytelling. It really is tiring for me personally but hey, at least the art looks nice.

I honestly think its even starting to lose its art appeal too lol. Did you see the first few pages? It was literally just the outlines and everybody was see through. Soon this series will literally have nothing going for it lol.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Citrus is a good example of how good looks can only get you so far. It's the inner appearance that matters and beauty also fades with age.

O0480040113112528096
joined May 23, 2014

REALLY? REALLY???? I was coughing so much while reading those last pages, and wtf is this painful feeling in my chest :-( and why does yuzu have to go through all this :((((((((
Anyway this is a drama story so its no surprise to have a 3rd person involved in
But with my exp of reading drama mangas and be trolled by the author so many times. I just hope that Mei just try to test yuzu's reaction or sth like that :v ( just HOPE so)

last edited at Mar 3, 2015 7:00AM

I274kwh
joined Sep 14, 2013

I'm not gonna lie. I'm starting to hate this series now, there's a freakin whole lot of one shots that are far better than this. Ugh, I still love the art but I'm hating the story, a lot. With a passion.

There has been a TON of 3rd party in this drama that come and goes but I think I've had enough, I'll just read this thing when it's finish or I'll look for another series with a better plot.

SpiderLilies2007
joined Jan 22, 2015

Holy shit this has got to be the worst chapter that has come out. Seriously, i'm so disappointed with the art and "plot". LIke what the fuck is wrong with the author or team that made that shit? They need some fucking practice, need to take time reading real fucking yuri, or at least read these fucking comments to see what we yuri fans like. But no, it's like they give no fucks and don't even try. And after what seems like ages, they put out just GARBAGE. They need to stop this shit and take a new turn or they're just a disgrace from yuri genre. Goddamn how frustrating. All I want is some well written yuri. Is that so much to ask for? Jesus fucking Christ. Just dumb cause now I have to wait soo long for another chapter that may be worse or just little better. How can they do this to us? I'd donate money if that'd mean writers would start putting out better written shit. Fuck.

how about you take a deep fucking breath. you call this "shit"? you call this is "garbage"..insult the ARTIST and crew and saying that you know what yuri fans like.....come down to earth. you know shit about what yuri fans want. you arrogants ignorants fool.

the art is far from SUCK GARBAGE or what ever the fuck you call them
......page 4-6 and 7..got some issues with editoring..I assume. I dont think they will print it on the manga just like that.
If you are not a MANGAKA yourself....than you better keep yo voice down about the art.

for the storyline is a diffrent story. .............the problem about these two are communication...and thats complicated their relationship . it does exist..that someone living together...sleep in the same bed..but didnt talk to each other. ...sound unrealistic to you ? well..you will be surprised...stuff like this exist in real life.

some people wouldnt stand the silent treatment....some would start a conversation or burst out...

but if both are FUCKING CHICKEN like these two........with their feelings.....? what did you expected?

Both didnt want to start a fight..why? Because in the past chapter....both...expierience that when one of them didnt sleep next to each other...they are worried. Mei used to sleep at her grandpa place...and Yuzu couldnt stand it.

And there was a time that Yuzu didnt come home either......because they had a fight......that made Mei worried about Yuzu as well.

Both are afraid ..that the other would not be there. So they just...keep it silent...and play it down like nothing happened...but still can be near with each other at least.

And about you know ..what yuri fans want

well let me tell you.........I dont like lovely yuri with happy shitty fluffy stuff storyline. its nice but BORING the hell out of me(i remember an anime call Kiss kiss or some shit like that) they are fucking kiss each other ....in every episode. ..its yuri..its fluffy..its lovely---some sexy moment in class room.......but I couldnt stand 1 episode...-.- I end up not watching it..because its stupid.

sooo how can you know about what Yuri -fans want?

the fact that MANY of you guys said "it hurts" "uhg i cant take this anymore"..the fact that this manga break your fucking emotion..means...the plot ...kicking your ass ...you are move by it. ...emotional. ...so it cant be that bad.

And if you guys hating it sooooooooooo much....there is still the X-button . You read this shit for FREEE the Mangaka that you insult....got ZERO $$$ from you. Go draw your own fucking manga with the plot that you think is cool.

fucking pathatic ungrateful idoit

and what pissed me off here.

Many of you are not even trying to understand Mei charachters.
This Manga was showing mostly Yuzu perspective. Thats why you understand Yuzu feeling more. And feeling emotional with her. You feel connected to her...like you are Yuzu and getting cheated by Mei XD Thats why you are all furious.

ON the other Hand....Mei feelings and doubt are hidden by Autor. We figured it out little by litte along with Yuzu.
But if you put Mei backgrounds together......you will know why she is that way. (reserved)
Mei is dissapoint with her Dad for running away. He used to be her idol. She was looking up to him.
Now she met this girl..Yuzu who is pretty much carefree personality just like her FATHER now.(you will see that Mei father became Yuzu- carefree--doing what he likes in life. Happy ..travel around the world)

She fall in love with her(any idiots knows this by now)
but Mei perspective are..........Yuzu is totally confused about her feeling. She is between ..being a Sister or Lover?
But we cant be lover cause we are Sister ? Isnt this disgusting? She felt guilty as well ..she struggle with these type of feeling MANY FUCKING TIMES

example chapter -6 when Yuzu cried..because she couldnt kiss Mei . Mei does know that Yuzu was crying out of guilt about her feeling that are more than sister for Mei. Both cried at the end of the chapter. we saw Mei sitting on the ground crying. Yuzu does effect her.....a LOT.

its normal that Mei want Yuzu to be straight to the point what she wants...because to Mei perspective
Yuzu wants her and than something happen......she back off again. She wants Yuzu to be clear with her feeling. Either sister or lover. What you want. Mei clear about her fear during that chrismas time. She wanted Yuzu. She offer her body but got a huge rejection by Yuzu...and you can clearly see that she was hurt by that rejection.

last edited at Mar 3, 2015 9:05AM

joined Jan 5, 2015

wow... a guy who loves drama complains about drama

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Eh just how much shit does Yuzu have to go through until she finally gets the girl? Aw man... I hope Mei doesn't try to fuck Sarah over figuratively and literally.

SpiderLilies2007
joined Jan 22, 2015

wow... a guy who loves drama complains about drama

yes. like i said...i love dramas xD so i am in hell circle baby.

joined Feb 5, 2015

I agree with Spider. I have the same thoughts that if Citrus goes all lovey dovey so easily and so soon, I would find this manga was as cliche and plain just like any other. There are complications like this in real life and not to mention, between step-siblings. Both tend to be confused between "the love as a sibling" and "the love as a man/woman" and usually either one or even both of them would want just either one.

To add one more factor, Yuzu is still in the progress of adjusting herself to be a lesbian, like 'studying' those yuri mangas (lol). She's inexperienced and it's her first love towards a female after all... some more it's Mei who hardly expresses her feelings! It's challenging and I would love to see how Yuzu overcome one by one. I also think Mei probably wants to know what Yuzu would do by saying those words at the end of the chapter 14. It's obvious to me that Yuzu is still confused about her feelings. If you can recall the part where Yuzu had these thoughts of "which should I answer" to make Mei happy. She is scared of getting rejected rather than be true to herself. That's quite naive and selfish of Yuzu in my opinion. If Yuzu thinks Mei only as a sister at the end of the day, then stop wasting Mei's time and get a real boyfriend already (though this shouldn't happen since this manga is meant to make YuzuxMei story..?)
We completely have no idea about Mei's feelings, therefore Mei seems like the bad person here. Don't judge one-sidedly. We haven't heard the other side's perspective yet!

I guess... another thing that makes you all frustrated is perhaps that each chapter comes bi-monthly and it takes a while to have the English translation uploaded..? If we feel that impatient, then I don't think this manga is "sh*t", "garbage", "trash" or whatever you call it. I think the author succeeded in making readers anxious and stops the chapter at the "right" moment. Even if you said you would stop reading it, I bet you won't. Deep inside you still want to know what is gonna happen to the girls.

If all you want is an unrealistic sweet love story that has easy challenges to no challenges at all, then unfortunately, Citrus really is not for you.

Those aside, once all those hardships ended and they finally got together, I do hope the end of this manga would compensate all the pains our little kokoros have endured~

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

I have said this before but this is building to something, just like the other volumes had us go through the middle until we had the advancement at the end. Anyway I think it helps to take a long view with this story, since it seems the story is meant to taken volume to volume. I never though I would see a manga written for the trade.

So I have been re-reading the previous chapters, mainly trying to see if there was some hidden pattern with Mei's eyes. There really wasn't outside the first volume whenever she had those hazy eyes, which was her tell when she was repressing her emotions. Anyway I noticed that each volume had a different temporal theme, for lack of a better term.

The first volume centered around the present. It dealt mainly with Yuzu and Mei's current troubles and attitudes. From adjusting to be family, the whole creepy fiance issue, Gramps health issues, and finally the girls realizing their basic feelings for one another. Volume two dealt with Mei's past from Himeko to her dad. Volume three centered around Matsuri. Each of the stories and challenges revealed more about the forces that are shaping their love for another.

I say this because I think the fourth volume is about Yuzu and Mei's future together. Not only do I see Sara and Nina are representations of all the future forces that will try to keep them apart. But also as parallel to what will happen if they continue to ignore their feelings for each other. Also I think it important to note Sara use of destiny when describing her love. For me it seems like it is setting up Yuzu and Mei admitting to themselves they will face troubles and temptations, but they would let anyone decide their future other than themselves. Basically saying someone trying to force their destiny onto Yuzu and Mei is pointless since they will decide it all for themselves.

SpiderLilies2007
joined Jan 22, 2015

@Fwe and Blue Saint ..finally someone who understand throught the plot.

I think chapter 8 page 32-33 its ..the when they realize ..both have deeper feeling for each other...their kiss tasted diffrent than any other kisses. base on the look on their faces. That kiss was the REAL one..with no playing around...both were honest with each other at that kiss...thats why they were so suprise by it.

and its true @Fwe Yuzu is totally a vergin...and it seems like most of these people who complain about Mei etc. totally forgot that Yuzu LIED about her love life ...at the beginning of the show! She wasnt honest with herself....so she lied to her friends that she did with a guy..bla bla bla.

Yuzu despite her as an outgoing person etc. she is very shy and ashame about her feeling but since we are all reading her perspective..we know how she felt..but in Mei perspective..there is a lot of unsure moments there.
There was no time that Yuzu was clear with her feeling. ....there is always side story that trouble her from going all out fully.

And soon ....Yuzu will burst with her emotion..its building up like @Blue Saint said .
Mei is indeed pushing her to come out of her shell.

Despite Mei being a nasty bitch all the time..but.....when Yuzu got real angry.......Mei turn into a lil puppy infront of her actually. She became submissive. Those confident attitude are all lies..to hide her weak broken heart. Yuzu notiece that "hurt" look that came out ..from short time.to time.

last edited at Mar 3, 2015 9:48PM

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

I have the same thoughts that if Citrus goes all lovey dovey so easily and so soon, I would find this manga was as cliche and plain just like any other.

Agree on this but still, I am myself a fan of drama and I dislike many drama stories because they are full of cliches and I'm also starting to think that Citrus is becoming a cliche story, I mean we've been running in circle in the 3 first volumes and the 4th is probably going to be the same, the distance grows between them and then they reunite but are unable to go any further.

Well this is drama so it's not that much of a problem what bothers me is, every damn time a character is introduced, his only purpose is to tear Mei and Yuzu apart. I'm just standing here like, Seriously ?!

But well I'll keep reading it, it seemed promising, the art is amazing and Mei and Yuzu are interesting characters, I'm just a little disappointed, my expectations were too high I guess.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I have the same thoughts that if Citrus goes all lovey dovey so easily and so soon, I would find this manga was as cliche and plain just like any other.

Agree on this but still, I am myself a fan of drama and I dislike many drama stories because they are full of cliches and I'm also starting to think that Citrus is becoming a cliche story, I mean we've been running in circle in the 3 first volumes and the 4th is probably going to be the same, the distance grows between them and then they reunite but are unable to go any further.

Well this is drama so it's not that much of a problem what bothers me is, every damn time a character is introduced, his only purpose is to tear Mei and Yuzu apart. I'm just standing here like, Seriously ?!

But well I'll keep reading it, it seemed promising, the art is amazing and Mei and Yuzu are interesting characters, I'm just a little disappointed, my expectations were too high I guess.

I don't think you have been put enough attention.

Every new character introduced brings with her a new differen dynamic while the girls themselves react differently as the events transpire. The Mei at the start of the story would've shut Yuzu's confession and reject Sarah without a second thought, Yuzu herself would be still on the lookout of a hot boyfriend just because that is expected for her.

Yes, the changes are massive but then again, what change on a HIGH SCHOOL KID (these can't be stressed enough, because a lot of complaints can be boiled down to "why they aren't mature and emotionally stable") it is?

joined Nov 11, 2013

Why i'm not surprise anymore in the last page :)))). So tired of this, just like the story about the boy keep telling lies, this kind of twist to make shock value away repeat. And the things happen in each chapter are away like a catching game, catch then throw, don't care for what reason it is, but that is what you'll away get each time you read a chapter. So i just gonna say like someone has said on MAL: "I just don't care about Mei and Yuzu anymore. They can just go and end up with random girls for all I care".

P.s: But to this point i find something funny to think about it, did yuzu and mei ever realize and question why this kind of things away happen to them, repeat and repeat. Like if I was one of them, i might just say "Not again??!!" :)))))

last edited at Mar 4, 2015 2:11PM

joined Jan 5, 2015

Every plot development, from the sick grandpa to a childhood friend to a second childhood friend to twins that came out of nowhere - are from drama 101. And while characters are high school kids, there's a supposedly grown-up woman writing them.
To be honest, I read Citrus without ever hearing anything about it. I found it very entertaining. Maybe it's just your high expectations?
If you want great story or believable characters, watch Rashomon or La dolce vita or anything but yuri fanfiction.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well and Yuzu are acting like realistic High School kids. This isn't like The Feelings where aside of being college girls the cast is larger making very questionable most of the developments.

And yes, the story uses a lot of cliches. But cliches are that beause they work.

joined Jun 12, 2012

Okay, I'm done with this shit. I tried to give it ONE more chance, but this manga is so damn awful. Fuck the fancy art; I'm not tolerating anymore this forced drama nonsense. I can't right now.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Well and Yuzu are acting like realistic High School kids. This isn't like The Feelings where aside of being college girls the cast is larger making very questionable most of the developments.

And yes, the story uses a lot of cliches. But cliches are that beause they work.

Oh boy, the last one is seriously debatable

Also, highest viewed chapter on the reader, there is probably something more to it than just the daily accusation of ''forced drama'' ¯_(ツ)_/¯

SpiderLilies2007
joined Jan 22, 2015

100% those who say ..they wont come back.....they will XD when next chapter is coming up..or when the manga end.

its because the manga update 2 month period........and not every week.......so they are frustated XD ..this manga has the highest view for a reason LOL and i dont think it will drop after this chapter anytime soon.

everyone is like...."this shouldnt be like this".all seems to knows better ahhaha

you are looking for shake spearks plot or something?

here on the last chapter......Yuzu herself admit that she was Lying about her feeling---------

YES people.........READ PAGE 23 chapter 14 all over again

she admit herself that she was trying to figured out about Mei feeling CONSTANTLY
(why? because she doenst want to get rejected by mei. she doenst want mei to distant herself from her. so she want to make it sure.)

and you think Mei didnt noticed that?
Mei acting cold for a reason. ..page 23 alone give me the light that Mei is also confused about Yuzu
action.

its for entertaiment. some folks taken this shit...like their lovestory is base on these fiction characters XDDD

PS. and Page 7 chapter 14

Why Mei just walk away from Yuzu.....

Yuzu start saying

"you know I was really happy with your feeling but thing like that even as sisterly skinship
its going a bit over the line"

here she was trying to play dumb(figured out about Mei feeling )......she still think that Mei did it in term of sister skinship, really?

so Mei start asking her right away..."What your feelings for me"

and than she start ..talking around the bush again........so Mei just snap and walk away.

last edited at Mar 4, 2015 9:14PM

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

damn damn damn damn damn what a end agian ....cant wait for the next chapter!

last edited at Mar 4, 2015 7:04PM

joined May 23, 2013

I'm the editor and I'm just here to read the comments they are entertaining if you think citrus is bad just wait in see what kind of drama we have in store. Citrus is an angel besides it.

SpiderLilies2007
joined Jan 22, 2015

wait wait wait XD what drama..............and thanks for translation and edit the manga @Queenofyuri

i need moreeeeee yuri with drama ahhaa feed meeeeeeeeeeeee MORRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE

PrettyMitsuki
Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

wow citrus is still top view :) I believe that the people who keep saying how much they hate the story are actually the one who want to see the next chapter the most. If you don't care about this story anymore then you would not comment here about quitting i think that is just stupid no need to let others know XD.

Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

its because the manga update 2 month period........and not every week.......so they are frustated XD ..this manga has the highest view for a reason LOL and i dont think it will drop after this chapter anytime soon.

not really raws are release every month(chapter 14 raw was release last January) it just so happen that translation was slow and the translated version was uploaded on last day of Feb.

here on the last chapter......Yuzu herself admit that she was Lying about her feeling---------

YES people.........READ PAGE 23 chapter 14 all over again

she admit herself that she was trying to figured out about Mei feeling CONSTANTLY
(why? because she doenst want to get rejected by mei. she doenst want mei to distant herself from her. so she want to make it sure.)

and you think Mei didnt noticed that?
Mei acting cold for a reason. ..page 23 alone give me the light that Mei is also confused about Yuzu
action.

its for entertaiment. some folks taken this shit...like their lovestory is base on these fiction characters XDDD

PS. and Page 7 chapter 14

Why Mei just walk away from Yuzu.....

Yuzu start saying

"you know I was really happy with your feeling but thing like that even as sisterly skinship
its going a bit over the line"

here she was trying to play dumb(figured out about Mei feeling )......she still think that Mei did it in term of sister skinship, really?

haha its because in ch10 when Mei got jealous of seeing Matsuri kissing Yuzu. Mei hug her from behind and kiss the back of her neck and put her hand inside her clothes. Yuzu was flustered and tried to stop her and Mei answer her "for sisters this is just normal right?" i guess it made Yuzu quite confuse on Mei's actions XD

so Mei start asking her right away..."What your feelings for me"

and than she start ..talking around the bush again........so Mei just snap and walk away.

you might be right but i guess Yuzu was confuse too if Mei's feelings is actually the same with her. Throughout the chapters Mei was giving her mix signal and Yuzu was torn between forgetting her feelings and just act like a sister or tried to push their relationship to the next level. In ch9 Love or lie, Yuzu ask what is the meaning of the different kind of kiss they share and Mei told her that "There is no meaning to it. we're both girls and to top it off we are sisters so obviously we shouldn't try to become more than that". Yuzu take Mei's words much seriously that she tried to become just a sister and the reason why she keep on using the "we are sisters" excuse.
Actually I think they are both confuse on what the other feels. Because in ch13 the reason Mei use for giving Yuzu what she desired is because she was grateful for all the things Yuzu did for her. If Mei didn't say "I'm grateful to you" and let Yuzu have her way with her body maybe things would be different because Yuzu thought that Mei was just doing it because she was grateful and not because she loves her. And Mei, not really understand why Yuzu apologize and refuse her took it as Yuzu not wanting to "take a peek inside her" the person who she really is. This is the first time Mei tried to show as much emotion as she can to someone and when she finally tried to open up to Yuzu she was rejected. I'm sure she was really hurt by it though Yuzu didn't mean to do that to her. In a way their misunderstanding is the reason why they end up hurting each other. "Endlessly entangled hearts mutually missed" is really the best words to describe the latest chapter :)

last edited at Mar 4, 2015 11:07PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.