Forum › Your Avatar (no not that movie or the tv show)

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I am talking about your avatar that identifies you on the forum. I know some change them regularly but I have seen a fair amount that has had me curious about their origins. I just think it would be fun to see where the avatar came from (so if it's a story I haven't read yet, I could go look it up! ;p ).

For example, mine is Lord Helmet from the movie Spaceballs. A parody of Star Wars and a few other movies. Very, Very, VERY funny movie and one that I recommend people watch!

So! Let me ask, what is your avatar? Where is it from or who are the characters... etc. :)

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

I'm usually on the mobile version so I don't really get to see other's avatars unless browsing picture comments buttttt... mine is just Nishikino Maki because she will forever be my bae.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's Hong Meiling from Touhou Project, happily havign lunch. Not sure why, but I love AVs of characters eating.

I kind of miss the system LiveJournal/Dreamwidth has, where you can use different AVs for different moods. Not expecting that to actually happen here though.

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

I got Maki Nishikino and Nico Yazawa from Love Live! respectively. :3

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

Mine is of dumb monster from an episode of Scooby-Doo. My previous one was a Charmander.

Nothing wrong with Space Kook.

I was actually wondering what I should use for my avatar just this morning. I usually go for something superhero related like the electric blue Superman logo. So in that vein I choose my favorite supervillian: Dr. Mrs. The Monarch from the Venture Bros. Despite knowing she is voiced by a man I don't notice anymore and just find her to be the sexiest and most fun character on television.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Mine is Maki, i-it's supposed to match with our darlings...

I like to change mine a lot, and save them just in case I want them later, though everything comes from this site so you probably already know them ^^;
I had one from Miss Sunflower for a long time, one from Hiyorigeta, Miniature Garden Cosmos (best series), a Madoka doujin, one from Stretch, Majyo to Houki, at least three from A Kiss and a White Lily, a few Touhou ones, another from Cirque Arachne, and maybe some more I don't really remember....

last edited at Mar 1, 2015 1:17PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Cloud Strife as drawn by shy

MIA: His signature weapon the Buster Sword

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Hagane Miku by Shinichi Tahara

They've actually drawn a fair chunk of my favorite vocaloid images. Out of the five I'm most likely to use they've drawn four of them including the above. Others:

MiKUSABBATH
MOKSHA
H-style Megurine Luka (Not Okurine Luka though, it looks to actually be just Hagane Luka.)
Calcium by Tuzki

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Mine is of dumb monster from an episode of Scooby-Doo. My previous one was a Charmander.

Nothing wrong with Space Kook.

I was actually wondering what I should use for my avatar just this morning. I usually go for something superhero related like the electric blue Superman logo. So in that vein I choose my favorite supervillian: Dr. Mrs. The Monarch from the Venture Bros. Despite knowing she is voiced by a man I don't notice anymore and just find her to be the sexiest and most fun character on television.

Dr. Mrs. Girlfriend was so awesome! I always laughed at how competent she was and how loyal the troops were to her whereas The Monarch was a bit of a screw up. Great show! And she totally was sexy despite that rather gruff voice ;)

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

IS that where that is from?? I had always been under the impression that it was from heavy metal. The animation just totally has the feel of heavy metal in that pic.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Mine is from a comic book cover:

http://imgur.com/6Y0TDIs

And the character is Jason Todd, AKA Red Hood.

My favorite comic book character, most people know him as the dumbass Robin that got himself killed on the 80's.

I do find funny how distinctive my avatar is here.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

You do? How's that? I personally always choose one avatar and stick with it to make finding my posts easier lol.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well, most of the avatars here are either characters from anime/manga or pictures. Mine being this american superhero art with intense colors stand like a sore thumb.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Lol I see! It also makes it easier for me to spot your posts too since I've enjoyed reading them in some of the discussions. (Same goes for a few other members... until they change their avatars lol.)

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Ozy from Ozy and Millie

Pseudo-insightful.

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

Well, most of the avatars here are either characters from anime/manga or pictures. Mine being this american superhero art with intense colors stand like a sore thumb.

Well you could also make a joke how New 52 Jason would be fine in a yaoi forum.

But I get what you mean, a lot of time you just end using an avatar that matches the theme of the forum you are on. Hell for me I use to have have a name unique to each forum. Like I was Shou Amabane (one of the leads of the Saturn game Burning Rangers) on a video game forums and Guncannon II on a Gundam one. Again I could be making something out of nothing (I do that a lot), but I think it comes down to a question of a sense of community or self-identity. There really isn't a right or wrong answer, just what at the moment makes it's way to front of your mind.

Also to give credit where it is due. My avatar was made by one Michael Lopez.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Mine is from a comic book cover:

http://imgur.com/6Y0TDIs

And the character is Jason Todd, AKA Red Hood.

My favorite comic book character, most people know him as the dumbass Robin that got himself killed on the 80's.

I do find funny how distinctive my avatar is here.

Ohhhhh. Ohh. Mh. I totally thought that was Deadpool, I'm a little disappointed now. But yeah, looking closer, that's definitely not Deadpool's mask. He also has the whole batsymbol thing going on so I guess I should have realized sooner.

Mine's Hinako and Kuroko from Murcielago but I guess people on a Yuri forum would know that.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I change it like every 2 weeks, but at the moment its a panel from In the Pool, OLs Around Thirty by Amano Shuninta

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Mine is Nanako from Locodol. I love this expression of hers.

Screenshot_2015-09-06-01-02-36~2~2
joined May 26, 2013

Mine is marceline and princess bubble gum, love the way they are together in the picture but I think I'm going to change it in a bit.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

But I get what you mean, a lot of time you just end using an avatar that matches the theme of the forum you are on. Hell for me I use to have have a name unique to each forum. Like I was Shou Amabane (one of the leads of the Saturn game Burning Rangers) on a video game forums and Guncannon II on a Gundam one. Again I could be making something out of nothing (I do that a lot), but I think it comes down to a question of a sense of community or self-identity. There really isn't a right or wrong answer, just what at the moment makes it's way to front of your mind.

Jajaja, so nice to see someone's familiar with Jason.

And you're right about the Yaoi, the most recent issue certainly got plenty of shippers excited :P

New
joined Feb 1, 2013

Mine is from Encounter Effect by Kodama Naoko.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Jajaja, so nice to see someone's familiar with Jason.

And you're right about the Yaoi, the most recent issue certainly got plenty of shippers excited :P

I'm only familiar with Jason through the DCAU. The comics seem so convoluted and wacky that I never really bothered to read them myself. I've collected a couple of Batgirl and Batman Beyond issues but that's about it.

And what's been going on with Jason??

Mine is from Encounter Effect by Kodama Naoko.

Yeesssss!!! Pretty much the main reason why I created this thread!! To find out about stories I may have missed. Muahahaha... my plan is working -does that weird... evil finger to finger tapping thing-

last edited at Mar 3, 2015 7:45AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'm only familiar with Jason through the DCAU. The comics seem so convoluted and wacky that I never really bothered to read them myself. I've collected a couple of Batgirl and Batman Beyond issues but that's about it.

And what's been going on with Jason??

Since the most recent status quo change, Jason has been BFF of Roy Harper and while they have canon love interests (Starfire for Roy and Jason has been with three girls) the shipping of the two of them is pretty strong on certain factions of the fandom.

Add that the writer enjoys writing scenes like these

http://imgur.com/uMUKIAn
http://imgur.com/I0J3BTE

And they will starring on a book called Red Hood/Arsenal on june.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Since the most recent status quo change, Jason has been BFF of Roy Harper and while they have canon love interests (Starfire for Roy and Jason has been with three girls) the shipping of the two of them is pretty strong on certain factions of the fandom.

Add that the writer enjoys writing scenes like these

http://imgur.com/uMUKIAn
http://imgur.com/I0J3BTE

And they will starring on a book called Red Hood/Arsenal on june.

The fact that there's LITERALLY A SLASH in the title makes me laugh. There's no way the writers did that accidentally.

To reply you must either login or sign up.