Forum › 2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Since we are told this part from Kaede's perspective, who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to relationships, I am pretty sure we are missing a huge chunk of it. On the other hand, I am not sure why the author feels it so important to tell Aoi's story at this point? I was under the impression that her part is already over, but maybe I'm wrong.

EDIT: Also, 777th post in this thread, yay. :-)

last edited at Feb 8, 2023 4:44AM

joined May 9, 2017

Since we are told this part from Kaede's perspective, who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to relationships, I am pretty sure we are missing a huge chunk of it. On the other hand, I am not sure why the author feels it so important to tell Aoi's story at this point? I was under the impression that her part is already over, but maybe I'm wrong.

It does feel like bad story telling yeah. I quite like the character, so I wished she would have been introduced in a different way. Now it feels like it's just a plot device to make the main romance stall. An interesting plot device sure, but the way the whole character have been handle doesn't feel right in a story telling point of view.

last edited at Feb 8, 2023 9:03AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Certainly feels like there's still more to the story, but who was falling for whom?

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

EDIT: Also, 777th post in this thread, yay. :-)

It couldn't be over since we never learned anything about Aoi's history with Kae. Kae is pretending not to have heard Nanami's confession and has stated her negative feelings about romantic relationships. She seems to have had regrettable romantic experiences (some of which she's described), but we still have not learned about her most recent (and potentially most impactful) relationship with Aoi. So this always seemed like it needed to happen. Actually we've learned very little about Kae's background. She's been mostly tight-lipped. I imagine this will help Kae move forward and accept Nanami.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm sorry but what is this even, I can't visually parse what's happening to her face

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable creature indeed. ^_^

Louko was actually right about her photographing the cityscape, even if with the wrong reasoning. :D

And a wedding invitation has arrived.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Louko radiating massive Heroine energy in this chapter again. If she doesn't get a spin-off, I'm gonna find an office desk and flip it.

joined May 1, 2013

Oh hey, on the first page. Is that My Loathsome Self? Is Louko's romance(??) going to start playing out in the background here?

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I'm sorry but what is this even, I can't visually parse what's happening to her face

We're just looking at her profile. And there is a blush of sorts I guess (but no eyes or mouth lol)

last edited at Feb 10, 2023 5:30PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Koyuki sure has ideas... :D

But what a lewd, entirely uncensored cover...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Koyuki sure has ideas... :D

Do you think she's already gone from seeing them as her crush and her rival to shipping them?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I see, trying to get the other side's story as well, since Kaede hardly said anything.

And dammit, Kaede, this is why you couldn't leave together a day before...

joined May 3, 2014

I’m I the only one annoyied by how the author set up this dumb thing ? yes they lived together…….way is the author acting like what we will see next chapter will be earth shattering??? the way all the other chapters have been moving the plot I find this part of the story annoying as fuck

joined Jul 4, 2022

I struggle to see what she could possibly gain from this. Heck, even if Kaedae and Aoi had been actual lovers, why would that matter know? Just seeking out misery, that is.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I struggle to see what she could possibly gain from this. Heck, even if Kaedae and Aoi had been actual lovers, why would that matter know? Just seeking out misery, that is.

The peace of mind that comes with knowing for sure, for one. Even if it ends up hurting

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

While that would be the most obvious explanation in a romance manga, I just don't see it making a lot of sense with what we were presented so far. Kaede and Aoi were seemingly on very good terms when they reunited (even if they haven't seen each other in a while), while Kaede also claiming that she doesn't want be involved in romance anymore because none of the previous partners accepted her manga dream in the long term - moreover, Aoi was shown as being nothing but supportive so far. So I'm also mildly confused about this supposed mystery we're building towards. If it turns out it's just a past romance and Kaede simply didn't mention it until now, then that will be quite disappointing in my opinion.

joined Sep 10, 2022

While that would be the most obvious explanation in a romance manga, I just don't see it making a lot of sense with what we were presented so far. Kaede and Aoi were seemingly on very good terms when they reunited (even if they haven't seen each other in a while), while Kaede also claiming that she doesn't want be involved in romance anymore because none of the previous partners accepted her manga dream in the long term - moreover, Aoi was shown as being nothing but supportive so far. So I'm also mildly confused about this supposed mystery we're building towards. If it turns out it's just a past romance and Kaede simply didn't mention it until now, then that will be quite disappointing in my opinion.

The implication (that I think the manga has shown) is that both Kaede and Aoi are not being forthright. It's arguing that they did not actually act cordially except superficially. Kaede's memory of her past with Aoi suggests this (amongst other things). Then of course the fact that Aoi nearly avoided Nananmi's invitation to talk is another. Kaede and Aoi's emotional responses are not meant to be taken at face value, and Nanami realizes this.

This is why she wants to understand their past, she wants to get a deeper understanding of Kaede by having a "true" understanding of what went on in her past important relationship. She senses that they are keeping secrets and probably worries about why that might be. I assume she's more worried that Kaede is scarred by something and how can she help without knowing what's real and what's a facade?

Even if it turns out to be a normal bad relationship ending, or missed love, that will still tell Nanami a lot about Kaede, when Kaede almost never says anything about her past. They've been together for a while and how much does Nanami actually know about Kae? It's natural for her to crave that knowledge from someone she loves. That's part of why it's meaningful, regardless of the outcome.

last edited at Feb 15, 2023 10:40AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

The implication (that I think the manga has shown) is that both Kaede and Aoi are not being forthright. It's arguing that they did not actually act cordially except superficially. Kaede's memory of her past with Aoi suggests this (amongst other things). Then of course the fact that Aoi nearly avoided Nananmi's invitation to talk is another. Kaede and Aoi's emotional responses are not meant to be taken at face value, and Nanami realizes this.

I mean, sure, there must be something neither of them mentioned until now, that makes sense to me. I just don't think it's an actual romantic relationship that happened, that seems to me like it would just require too much bullshit to justify - Kaede doesn't want relationships because previous partners didn't support her manga stuff... except Aoi, she actually did, it's just different somehow, and she still has that fear of no partner willing to support her even if Aoi actually did so maybe it fell apart for a different reason... or maybe Aoi didn't support her at all and Kaede's story is just bullshit, or maybe the relationship trauma stuff is lying, or actually Aoi and Kaede pretended to be friendly during their reunion or something, and I feel like I'm having a stroke just typing all these possibilities out. I just don't see it, and if it turns out to be that kind of thing I think I wouldn't like that very much.

last edited at Feb 15, 2023 10:54AM

joined Sep 10, 2022

I mean, sure, there must be something neither of them mentioned until now, that makes sense to me. I just don't think it's an actual romantic relationship that happened, that seems to me like it would just require too much bullshit to justify - Kaede doesn't want relationships because previous partners didn't support her manga stuff... except Aoi, she actually did, it's just different somehow, and she still has that fear of no partner willing to support her even if Aoi actually did so maybe it fell apart for a different reason... or maybe Aoi didn't support her at all and Kaede's story is just bullshit, or maybe the relationship trauma stuff is lying, or actually Aoi and Kaede pretended to be friendly during their reunion or something, and I feel like I'm having a stroke just typing all these possibilities out. I just don't see it, and if it turns out to be that kind of thing I think I wouldn't like that very much.

You might have a different opinion but Kaede's (biased) flashback implied that Aoi did have romantic feelings (and likely Kae as well). I don't see why that would require bullshit to justify. They lived together, and Kae's opinions about relationships are not necessarily consistent. It's possible her situation with Aoi made her more stubborn about her dislike for romantic relationships. It's also possible Kae's dislike for relationships is what made Aoi's relationship with her grow awkward and strained (something Nanami would love to know, considering she might be heading into the same situation). Nanami is almost parallel to Aoi when it comes to Kae (they were setup as parallels of each other from Aoi's first introduction) and she needs to know where she stands the same or where she stands differently. Aoi ended up one way, and how will Nanami end up? I think it's possible this is what the author is asking, and what Namami is worrying about. She just needs to know things.

last edited at Feb 15, 2023 11:09AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

You might have a different opinion but Kaede's (biased) flashback implied that Aoi did have romantic feelings (and likely Kae as well).

I feel like I agree with 95% of what you're generally saying, but I'm objecting specifically to the fact that this big secret could be an actual, mutually acknowledged romantic relationship between the two. One person having secret feelings for the other (or maybe even both!) doesn't make a relationship. I really feel like that would be inconsistent with Kaede's portrayal and what she was saying up to this point (it would be a huge omission when talking about living with Aoi, similarly with the relationship trauma stuff, and I feel like Kaede we know so far wouldn't misrepresent things to Nanami to this degree). I could believe Aoi secretly loving Kaede or whatever, but if the reveal is that they were actual couple then I will simply not buy it. The rest of your comment is spot on as far as I'm concerned.

last edited at Feb 15, 2023 7:29PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

You might have a different opinion but Kaede's (biased) flashback implied that Aoi did have romantic feelings (and likely Kae as well).

I feel like I agree with 95% of what you're generally saying, but I'm objecting specifically to the fact that this big secret could be an actual, mutually acknowledged romantic relationship between the two. One person having secret feelings for the other (or maybe even both!) doesn't make a relationship. I really feel like that would be inconsistent with Kaede's portrayal and what she was saying up to this point (it would be a huge omission when talking about living with Aoi, similarly with the relationship trauma stuff, and I feel like Kaede we know so far wouldn't misrepresent things to Nanami to this degree). I could believe Aoi secretly loving Kaede or whatever, but if the reveal is that they were actual couple then I will simply not buy it. The rest of your comment is spot on as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah definitely. When I say that Kae likely had feelings too , I mean in a similar way to how she likely has feelings for Nanami. In both cases she has feelings for someone but chooses not to say anything and right now I wouldn't classify Nanami and Kae as having a relationship. Still Kae seems to have some feelings for Nanami. She's just secretive and reluctant to pursue her feelings because of her past. So I didn't mean that Kae and Aoi had a full on romance but that they lived in a house, both liking one another and I imagine Aoi left once things got too awkward or she was tired of waiting for more.

joined May 10, 2021

Kinda hate how Aoi acts super pissed about Nanami asking those question before her wedding... When she was about to cheat on her fiancé that easily. S M H.
Also I wonder if this flashback will explain Kae's relationship avoidance.

Yokoe
joined Sep 1, 2021

Gosh, Kae is so cute.

That Aoi angst tho, she is a lesbian or just can't romance easily?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The parallels between Kazuki and Aoi are intense.

That Aoi angst tho, she is a lesbian or just can't romance easily?

I think she just sets very high and particular expectations of people, and most of them failing to meet them to such a degree that she doesn't even bother remembering their faces.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

How similar the two are...

To reply you must either login or sign up.