Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

yay, fantastic news, just got notification from the bookwalker - the volume 11 preview (raws) is already available!
https://bookwalker.jp/de0605d9de-8652-463b-92a4-2c9b9811918e/

joined Mar 28, 2014

sneikkimies github has been updated - translation of the first two chapters of volume 11 is available, and Shimamura is winning xDDD Best xmas present really! And ohhhh, those illustrations...

last edited at Dec 21, 2022 8:57AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Thanks for the good news, time to check it out now!

edit: I'll be damn... Judging by the illustrations, we have some chapter titles inspired by the infinity series this time. That alone is a sign of greatness.

edit2: “It’s at least likelier that I’m gonna go to the jungle and fight piranhas than that I’m gonna meet an alien, don’t you think?” - if only you knew, Shima, if only you knew... :D

last edited at Apr 29, 2023 5:35AM

joined Mar 28, 2014

edit2: “It’s at least likelier that I’m gonna go to the jungle and fight piranhas than that I’m gonna meet an alien, don’t you think?” - if only you knew, Shima, if only you knew... :D

lol, that one killed me too))) and looks like we spontaneously have a new chapter!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

and looks like we spontaneously have a new chapter!

So I noticed.

You'd think Yashiro would be the weirdest character in this story, but no, it's definitely Shimamama. Even Yashiro agreed a couple of pages after I had that thought.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Just got done reading my physical copy of volume 10 (Yes, I'm old, I prefer waiting for the damn book, sue me :P). Without spoiling anything, this has to be the most consistently lovey-dovey and happy they've ever been. It's really heartwarming to see how much progress they've made as a couple and as characters. I even teared up a couple of times, but I'll keep this spoiler free ;) A great read all around!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Didn't expect to be mentioning this first here, with takachi usually being the one to do so and having downloaded them already on Saturday, just getting around to reading them today, but sneikkimies' site has two more chapters up now.

Well, that certainly was an interesting pervert there. Luckily for Shima, she was just barely outside her strike zone yet. Although I expect we'll be seeing her again, all disappointed that Shima has a girlfriend now and unable to go for the date she asked for after all. :D

Interesting to get a glimpse of Adachi at the end of the chapter as well. ^_^

And another chapter of Hino and Nagafuji. Why do I get the feeling she was rewarded with a kiss? Nice to see how much just being with Nagafuji makes her whole.

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

Another yuri novel of the author, Watashi no Hatsukoi Aite ga Kiss Shiteta, which is a spin-off of Adachi and Shimamura, will maybe have an official translation.

In one of his blog posts, the author tells that the book will perhaps be published abroad.

https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054897444952/episodes/16817330653646610781

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

On another note, regardless of the status being not quite properly updated, volume 11 is now finished on sneikkimies' site. Will hopefully find the time to read the last chapters soon...

edit: And done. You can truly see how much Shima has come to love Adachi. And Adachi, of course, still loves her more than anything as well. And delivers the very definition of gay panic. :D

edit2: Spoiler tags removed from this and earlier posts, now that the chapters are finally here.

last edited at Apr 29, 2023 5:37AM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Why are all the chapter titles in vol 11 references to the out of infinity? AITSFxAdatoshima real?

Lol%20eiko
joined Mar 29, 2021

Ayyy, sneikkimies remembered the password for their dynasty account. Already read it before directly from their github but it's nice to see it up to date here.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

So will the series end next volume ?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Ah, finally caught up. Really enjoyed these two volumes.

Vietcong Soldier
Monkey-smin
joined Aug 6, 2020

That rickshaws date sure was cute.

joined Sep 28, 2022

I was totally pleased by shimamura choosing to get to the point about adachi wanting to have sex with her instead of avoiding the subject, that's really cool. what's even cooler is that shimamura didn't lie to herself about not feeling the same way as adachi "you're my girlfriend and i love you but i haven't even thought about sex yet to be honest" vs. adachi's "I'll wait, I'll wait until you're ready" conversation tugged my heart sooo much, they're in love but it doesn't mean they always have to be on the same page or walk at the same pace

BTW: there are two adashima novels coming out on november 10th titled "adachi and shimamura 99.9" and "adachi and shimamura ss" also shoutout to sneikkimies for translating and posting the novel long before it got an official english release <3

last edited at Aug 25, 2023 6:03PM

joined Sep 15, 2023

Ah finally went ahead and read all of this after getting fed up waiting for the manga lol.

I have to say i really expected all of Chapter 6 in volume 10 to be built up towards their first kiss especially with Adachi biting her tongue and Shimamaru saying she tasted blood in their first kiss a few Volumes ago. Kind of a bit dissapointed though their talk was also very sweet.

joined May 28, 2021

Just got done reading my physical copy of volume 11. Shimamura can sure attract them, can she! Must be a special pheromone she has or something :O I keep being amazed by the way the author can portray introspection and existential malaise in a way that never feels dour or melodramatic,it really helps make the characters feel three dimensional. Chapter 6 was such a perfect distillation of how much their relationship has grown, I know couples who have been together for 10+ years IRL that haven't reached that level of genuine understanding and care.

last edited at Nov 19, 2023 12:22PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Seeing how my upload requests tend to be merrily ignored, I shall at least post the textless cover images missing from images section that raemz has shared on her pixiv here:

11:

SS:

99.9:

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh, and looks like sneikkimies has volume 99.9 now available in full - which isn't as surprising as it might seem, seeing how the first four chapters of it are the anime specials.

last edited at Nov 21, 2023 1:20PM

joined May 28, 2021

Oh, and looks like sneikkimies has volume 99 now available in full - which isn't as surprising as it might seem, seeing how the first four chapters of it seem to be the anime specials.

Seems like it's exactly that, plus some new illustrations. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest, I was hoping for new stuff. Oh well, gives me a reason to read it again I guess, although I'll have to wait to be in the right mood for it. The whole part with elderly Shimamura hit me pretty hard the first time, I was a wreck for a solid 24h after that, not even kidding (⁠^⁠^⁠) I get emotional super easy though, I'm the first one to admit I'm a total crybaby.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh, and looks like sneikkimies has volume 99 now available in full - which isn't as surprising as it might seem, seeing how the first four chapters of it seem to be the anime specials.

Seems like it's exactly that, plus some new illustrations.

But such beautiful illustrations. ^_^

I'm a bit disappointed to be honest, I was hoping for new stuff.

Well, they are followed by two new chapters as well, but yes, the majority of this volume is made up by the four anime specials.

We do have at least the other two chapters to read now, though, and SS still coming.

last edited at Nov 21, 2023 1:28PM

joined May 28, 2021

sneikkimies just got done translating the SS novel, for those of you looking for their Adachi and Shimamura fix ;⁠-⁠) It's a quick read, like always.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Chapter 1 of it, at least. Noticed, and downloaded, just need to find the time to actually read it now.

joined May 28, 2021

Reading the first chapter , it really puts forward how Shimamura in her own way is just as madly in love and dedicated as Adachi is. She sure has come a long way from the lazy ''go with the flow'' girl she used to be ! The fact that she truly realizes how lucky she is to have Adachi in her life, warts and all, makes it all the more powerful. These two have such a bond ^_^

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Two more chapters of SS out now. I really need to find some time for reading again...

To reply you must either login or sign up.