Forum › Posts by lunarcat9

joined Sep 28, 2022

I was totally pleased by shimamura choosing to get to the point about adachi wanting to have sex with her instead of avoiding the subject, that's really cool. what's even cooler is that shimamura didn't lie to herself about not feeling the same way as adachi "you're my girlfriend and i love you but i haven't even thought about sex yet to be honest" vs. adachi's "I'll wait, I'll wait until you're ready" conversation tugged my heart sooo much, they're in love but it doesn't mean they always have to be on the same page or walk at the same pace

BTW: there are two adashima novels coming out on november 10th titled "adachi and shimamura 99.9" and "adachi and shimamura ss" also shoutout to sneikkimies for translating and posting the novel long before it got an official english release <3

last edited at Aug 25, 2023 6:03PM

joined Sep 28, 2022

patiently awaiting the next chapter <3

joined Sep 28, 2022

Both characters can be read as having some level of neurodivergency, it's one of the aspects I really like about this series. Though it can make for a really anxious read too.

While Adachi has trouble with emotional management, Shimamura has aspects of being on the other side of the spectrum where she doesn't always connect or process emotion. Which is part of why she feels she has trouble maintaining connections. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if she simply tuned out what Adachi was saying after a point. Her response of "You're just rambling and it's a pain to deal with" would certainly indicate that.

Was definitely a hard read though, wow.

this is exactly what i've been thinking about both adachi and shimamura, and it's awesome to see it put into words like this