Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Once again, I joined the forum just to discuss this manga. I've been lurking since like chapter 13, but now I'm compelled...but I feel like I might live to regret this lol.

Oh and before I forget, thank you Halmoni!!! Your translations are a wonderous balm on a havoc-filled life.

I feel like Ji-Hwan was rejected/knows he will be rejected, which is why he mentioned it to Seol-A. For whatever reason (maybe it's because they're childhood friends), I feel like he gets a kick out of tormenting her (and seeing how she reacts), and he knows that this would do exactly that -- wreck havoc. And I think by doing so, he's also mitigating his own pain, because he's jealous of how close Seol-A and No-Rae are. This is kind of like his small revenge. I feel kind of bad for him. :/ I think he really likes No-rae, and he seems like an okay guy

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 1:00AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'm sorry but where can I get the translation? :/

If you ever have any trouble finding my rough translations, google "pastebin halmoni", and it'll most likely be the first link that shows up. The /u/ thread has been cluttered full of racist weeb trolls lately, so it could be a hassle to try to find my links there.

It's nice to know that people are still sticking with FF, regardless of the het drama. We all know it's going to be No-rae and Seol-a together in the end, right? :)

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 9:55AM

Dfgg
joined Jan 21, 2015

It's nice to know that people are still sticking with FF, regardless of the het drama. We all know it's going to be No-rae and Seol-a together in the end, right? :)

Oh please, it's all I want.
I follow this manwha because I love the drama but now I really love this couple.

Now, about this chapter.
I hope everything goes well from now, I think we needed this. If something happens, it can't be from nothingness.
Keep the faith and endure the pain orz.

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 9:56AM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I'm sorry but where can I get the translation? :/

If you ever have any trouble finding my rough translations, google "pastebin halmoni", and it'll most likely be the first link that shows up. The /u/ thread has been cluttered full of racist weeb trolls lately, so it could be a hassle to try to find my links there.

Thanks a lot halmoni, I'll remember that!

I'm planning on sticking with it until the very end, I want to see No-rae and Seol-a get together xD

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 9:56AM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

halmoni, with that new avatar I love you even more!!!

it's a shame, No-rae showed this smile to Ji-hwan instead of Seol-a. Not I'd even say it's crime. She has to compensate to Seo-la for that!

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Why is it Seo-la instead of Seola?! I don't understand T_T

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I'm trying to be patient and wait for it to be uploaded on Dynasty, but I really want to know what happens next. :x Where is everybody reading this?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Seol-A*

You can write the two way they are both correct (or at least understandable I've seen both). To begin with a Korean name Is made of three part : the surname and a first name composed of two part. And generally the two part are written separately.

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 4:40PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I'm trying to be patient and wait for it to be uploaded on Dynasty, but I really want to know what happens next. :x Where is everybody reading this?

We're just /u/sing our imagination.

Basically, check halmoni's post on this page.

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 4:45PM

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

it's a shame, No-rae showed this smile to Ji-hwan instead of Seol-a. Not I'd even say it's crime. She has to compensate to Seo-la for that!

So, I am not alone feeling like I'm falling in love with No-rae character design...
Now imagine if the author looks the same...hum hum...

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

I wonder why ji-hwan on the beach did not seize the opportunity with norae, because he said that a gesture could be misinterpreted. Why try now? Certainly he has grasped fully the beauty of norae, which shows that it is not a superficial boy, indeed.

last edited at Feb 24, 2015 11:59AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Somewhere else ;) I've read them somewhere else as well but I'm also waiting for them, to hopefully, be uploaded here. I just prefer reading them on Dynasty haha.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

So, I am not alone feeling like I'm falling in love with No-rae character design...

You definitely aren't She's so lovely, cosy, and sweet. Could hug that type of girls for all eternity...

sisya, you're such a tease! hehe, but in fact, I'm really curious who the author draws from herself - No-rae or Seo-la?

1924893_10202788342174381_69187846677337107_n
joined Dec 11, 2014

I love anyone who brings yuri to my life (。・_・。)

Thank you Halmoni-sama for your constant effort of keeping this manhwa going!

joined Feb 17, 2015

I wonder why ji-hwan on the beach did not seize the opportunity with norae, because he said that a gesture could be misinterpreted. Why try now? Certainly he has grasped fully the beauty of norae, which shows that it is not a superficial boy, indeed.

I think because he dont want to losing norae again, when he saw seola and norae in the end of chapter 23 he knew that seola has a feeling for norae.

last edited at Feb 24, 2015 11:58AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

It seems it's time for another periodic reminder to TAG YOUR DAMN SPOILERS! By which I mean any story information on chapters not yet on Dynasty. Instructions how to do so are at the top of the forum here.

Just because you're impatient and read ahead doesn't mean you need to ruin it for the rest of us.

joined Feb 17, 2015

Nez Note

It seems it's time for another periodic reminder to TAG YOUR DAMN SPOILERS! By which I mean any story information on chapters not yet on Dynasty. Instructions how to do so are at the top of the forum here.

Just because you're impatient and read ahead doesn't mean you need to ruin it for the rest of us.

Sorry iam newbie here, so i dont know the rules and how to do tags thing. Anyway, thankyou for the information ^^

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

We've been inconsistent with finalizing everything because we don't work on a set schedule. Sorry about that. But like I mentioned before, you can find my rough translations in my pastebin folder (google "pastebin halmoni"), and you can find the link to the google drive with quick edits (English edits up to Ch.22 and raws for ch.23 and 24) on page 7 of this discussion thread.

The raw manhwa is uploaded weekly on Mondays, Korean Standard Time, on http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/ . The most recent chapters are free to view for about 3 days or so.

last edited at Feb 24, 2015 1:20PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

anonymous:

Check out this pretty neat art of Seol-a * by ssamba:

http://blog.naver.com/ssambasoul/220019284696

http://i.imgur.com/Q1sJZig.jpg

I'm surprised this picture doesn't get posted/uploaded very often. If you look for art for FF done by ssamba, you'd usually see the same few pictures, but I don't believe I've ever seen this one.

* note:
OK, now technically, is that really Seol-a?
I believe that blog post is not actually directly related to FF. (Unsure; not Korean. Maybe someone can clarify?)
However, it was made on 2014/06/03, just a few days before ssamba's first post about FF on 2014/06/14.
So even if it wasn't directly related to FF, I'd assume that's more or less concept art for Seol-a.

halmoni:

Yes, ssamba confirms in that blog post that that is indeed a character from their future webtoon (FF), so it most likely is Seol-a.

Thanks for that information.

And as already mentioned by pretty much everyone,
thank you and the rest of the team for your work on FF.

Faylicia:

trafi:

Seol-A*

You can write the two way they are both correct (or at least understandable I've seen both). To begin with a Korean name Is made of three part : the surname and a first name composed of two part. And generally the two part are written separately.

@ Faylicia

I believe this is part of the 'rules' of Revised Romanization of Korean (often referred to as "RR").

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revised_Romanization_of_Korean

It is permitted to hyphenate syllables in the given name, following common practice. Certain phonological changes, ordinarily indicated in other contexts, are ignored in names, to better disambiguate between names [...]

In fact, from what I understand,
hypothetically, if "Seol-a" were not a person's name but just a regular term,
following the rules of RR, it would in fact be written as "seora".

설아
The 2 words above are:
seol a
Because L is before a vowel, it is written as an R.
And in regular terms, words are 'glued' together, and there are usually no hyphens except for specific special usages.
Hence:
seora

However, because this is a person's name, the 2 words are written separately, with a hyphen, and the above rules do not apply.

If anyone sees anything incorrect in the above, feel free to correct me. (Not Korean; I just know some stuff about Hangeul and Korean romanization.)

last edited at May 4, 2015 7:22PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

^ All those punctilious rules for pronunciation when before having understood all those romanization rules you already know Hangeul x)

I inherited from my korean teacher the opinion that korean romanization is useless because learning hangeul is faster and easier

last edited at Feb 24, 2015 3:19PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

However, because this is a person's name, the 2 words are written separately, with a hyphen, and the above rules do not apply.

If anyone sees anything incorrect in the above, feel free to correct me. (Not Korean; I just know some stuff about Hangeul and Korean romanization.)

Romanized Korean is just gross. I hate it lol. Seol-a's name is pronounced "Seora", where the the "R" is a bit soft because it's mixed with a hint of an "L" sound. From what I've seen, there are no real strict rules concerning how you have to write a Korean name. I've known people who use dashes, spaces instead of dashes, or no spaces/dashes at all. Using dashes is probably the least common option, in my opinion. It doesn't necessarily have to follow Romanized Korean rules to be considered "correct".

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

You definitely aren't She's so lovely, cosy, and sweet. Could hug that type of girls for all eternity...

sisya, you're such a tease! hehe, but in fact, I'm really curious who the author draws from herself - No-rae or Seo-la?

Hehehe, I asked myself the same question about the author;
From which perspective is she related to this love story, knowing that she might change roles and events so it's not "too personal"
In any case, there is really something in her way of drawing that is unique compared to manga..
It makes me fall under her spell ~ Ha...

joined Jan 31, 2015

trafi:

^ All those punctilious rules for pronunciation when before having understood all those romanization rules you already know Hangeul x)

Actually, I learned both pretty much side by side.

The romanization actually helped me learn hangeul, and vice versa.

trafi:

I inherited from my korean teacher the opinion that korean romanization is useless because learning hangeul is faster and easier

halmoni:

Romanized Korean is just gross. I hate it lol.

Lol.

Yes, I know any form of romanization is pretty much a 'compromised' form of the native writing of a language.

But at the same time, having a good romanization scheme is pretty necessary, since at one point or another, names or terms of that language will inevitably be written in English or some other Western language. And well, most 'normal' people don't know and would never bother to learn the native writing (hangeul, hiragana, katakana, so on). I'm talking about the mainstream here, not niche stuff like manga where people might be more willing to learn.

So in this case, it's better to have one well defined, standardized and well understood romanization scheme rather than multiple schemes that people can't agree on. Or worst of all, 'ad hoc' schemes (basically, just writing randomly based on 'common sense'), which guarantee things will just end up as an inconsistent mess.

And the most important thing to remember is that romanization is almost never for the natives (who often don't even know these schemes). It's usually for foreigners. Which makes it all the more important for it to be well thought out and consistent, so that your language would be represented as accurately as possible in translation.

As far as romanization schemes go, I don't find Korean RR too bad.
It's mostly pretty obvious.
Trickier things include "ae" (which looks like it should be pronounced like "eye" but is in fact pronounced "eh"), "eo" (not too obvious, but beats ŏ in the old system), and eu (beats ŭ in the old system). Once you get past these, you're pretty much fine.
One thing I do like is that it reflects certain sound changes that are not shown by hangeul.
Like how 's', 'ss', 'j', 'ch' at the end of words are all pronounced as 't'. (!)
Or these sound changes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revised_Romanization_of_Korean#Special_provisions (Holy crap.)

halmoni:

From what I've seen, there are no real strict rules concerning how you have to write a Korean name. I've known people who use dashes, spaces instead of dashes, or no spaces/dashes at all. Using dashes is probably the least common option, in my opinion. It doesn't necessarily have to follow Romanized Korean rules to be considered "correct".

Yes, I know names are the most conservative, and hence the least consistent.
Especially family names, like "Park" or "Lee", which are still written the way they were first written ages ago and thus are the furthest away from RR.

I also wish words like "sunbae", "unni", so on would be written in RR: "seonbae", "eonni". (Mostly for selfish reasons, since I've already figured out RR, lol.)
But once again, I know these are very common, as Kanaria has said:

I left all the names true to RR 2000. Recurring phrases like sunbae, hoobae, noona, unni, and hyung were formatted to follow widespread informal romanizations that can be commonly found in Kpop communities.

Ah well.

last edited at Mar 5, 2015 10:54PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I also wish words like "sunbae", "unni", so on would be written in RR: "seonbae", "eonni". (Mostly for selfish reasons, since I've already figured out RR, lol.)
But once again, I know these are very common, as Kanaria has said:

I left all the names true to RR 2000. Recurring phrases like sunbae, hoobae, noona, unni, and hyung were formatted to follow widespread informal romanizations that can be commonly found in Kpop communities.

Ah well.

I think the reason why those romanizations are so popular are because they're closer to the original pronunciation, than "seonbae" or "eonni" lol. Like you said, there are a lot of sounds in Korean that are difficult to represent with English (i.e. 으, 의, 왜, 읽, all of the double consonants, etc.). I wouldn't think that most people bother to learn romanization; they often just try to read what they're given. I could imagine some might read "seonbae" as "seh-on-beh", or "see-on-beh" instead of "suhn-beh". It's unlikely that someone would read "sunbae" as "soon-beh". Trust me, I know so many people who pronounce Seoul as "See-ol" or "Soul", when it's "Suh-ool". While the RR system is made so foreigners can read Korean, I personally don't find it very effective or helpful, as a fluent English speaker. It makes absolutely no sense to me phonetically when I try to read it in English, so it always takes a minute for my brain to convert the romanization to Korean.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

In France romanised word (mostly name and Town) are almost all read the wrong way by non korean speaker (which means everyone). And it's not just an error, they all just read it like that in France. So here It doesn't really works. We are kinda dumb when it comes to foreign language but still x)
It was maybe meant for english speaker at first but here It just make people wrong. For exemple, similar to what Halmoni said, we in France ended up saying Se-ool (Sé oul) for Seoul. And for any other word who look the same, we will probably do the same We're dumb x)

It's even less intuitive since apart from name, town and that kind of things, romanisation will never be used... and in a name you can find ㅡ,ㅓ and ㅜ written as "u" and lots of things like that. Either this RR never really have been taken seriously or it just doesn't focus on the right side of the problem x)

personally, during my korean classes, we were explained the hangeul phoneticaly And after the first day of classes all Was written in hangeul. And there were no real problems, you get some things wrong at the begining but very soon you're good with hangeul

last edited at Feb 25, 2015 9:40AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.