Forum › Shitsurakuen discussion

joined May 2, 2011

Does anyone else feel as if they can bring about the worlds revolution after this? I hope this one also has a long philosophical speech before student council meetings

joined Apr 25, 2013

I remember this caused something of a shitstorm on /u/, and even after the extra chapter effectively fixes the anti-yuri ending the title still riles /u/sers up.

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

Oh my god, I've read this on MangaFox. I hated the ending to this series. Well, no spoilers from me.

mickey2rufus
42ed6ac01f64931b5bad2cac0038d2d6
joined Apr 11, 2013

Agreed but I like who she chooses :3

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

Reminds me of Revolutionary Girl Utena. Not that I even understood Utena...

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Ahh, this brings back memories of a really promising series with an ending that brings forth nothing but hatred.

Agreed but I like who she chooses :3

It is a good choice, but the best choice is the one that they spent the last few chapters destroying.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i have read this a lot of time ago, it's not bad, but the ending is ..... i don't know what to say...
i too like who she chooses, but let her waits years doesn't make sense (sorry for eventual spoilers)

hello, sorry if i break your heart and let you alone for years, but now i can marry you !

last edited at May 31, 2013 5:08PM

joined Apr 13, 2012

I didn't feel like the ending was bad at all, certainly it could have been better, but i believe it was good enough. I like the final choice, i loved every character and yeah, i would have loved a little more of yuri but i was expecting something like that from the very begining. I love this manga.

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

Chapter 6 page 4...

━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

Chapter 10 page 24!!!!

━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━

WHY IS THAT KID SO FUCKING CREEPY?!?!?!?!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

There are so many more good expressions from him! He's kind of an excellent villain for a while.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

For some of us, the yuri or lack of it was not the central problem of the ending, but the fact that the story makes a sickening attempt to try to establish an equivalency between the male abusers and their female victims, which then has the victims forgiving, apologizing to, and even finishing in romantic relationships with their abusers at the end.

So, what made you feel worse: the epilogue where everyone is forgiven because peer pressure(!) made them do it and they end up in relationships with their former victims, or the backstory where the entire female slavery system and all its abuse, torture, and (likely) rape, were all for the noble purpose of letting old chauvinists die happily believing that their leader was just like them?

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

It's all equally repugnant, of course, but the backstory might've been bearable if it had shown the abusers to have been clearly in the wrong, and punished them appropriately - though I honestly don't know what punishment could've been bad enough, aside from death. But it instead tries to excuse their actions, and even has the audacity to suggest that they, the abusers, were "suffering" too.

Oh well. To the extent that I have to even think of this manga at all, which I try not to do, I just imagine a Sora harem end, as it should've been.

last edited at May 31, 2013 7:37PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

It is a good choice, but the best choice is the one that they spent the last few chapters destroying.

Curious about who the best choice was.

For some of us, the yuri or lack of it was not the central problem of the ending, but the fact that the story makes a sickening attempt to try to establish an equivalency between the male abusers and their female victims, which then has the victims forgiving, apologizing to, and even finishing in romantic relationships with their abusers at the end.

Oh absolutely. I was lucky, I suppose, as I knew the ending was going to excuse the males from the beginning (many thanks to spoiler-filled reviews). I imagine that for anyone following the series during its run, the later developments probably felt like a slap in the face.

My being thankful for the yuri end is more an indication of the fact that I could upload it, than if it had ended differently (In which case I would've wasted a few hours slogging through the second half of it).

joined May 31, 2013

Feminism.... failing.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Curious about who the best choice was.

The best choice would be one that involves all of them, but I can see how an ending like that could come across as kind of forced or awkward if the artist didn't work it really well. Other than that I liked the relationship with Yuki, though that just makes it my preference, not the "best."

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

CHAPTER 12 PAGE 25!!!

OH MY GOD. THAT LITTLE CREEP. THAT LITTLE FUCKING MESSED UP CREEP.

I can't believe I couldn't predict that. How shameful...

Edit: the next page...

━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━

last edited at May 31, 2013 8:44PM

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

I just finished it.

Although I hate the entire premise of this story, what with the whole, "Women are objects and must be treated as such" theme, I found myself liking it at the end. I can see why people would hate that the guys didn't get punished but I'm able to forgive that for some reason. I thought the story was told well, and I liked how I couldn't predict the ending.

Coincidentally Shoujou has the same hairstyle as me. Not sure how I feel about that...

joined May 20, 2013

I'm nowhere near the end yet, just felt that the wrong Java code (even on the cover) is also noteworthy. By the way, is the chapter mentioned above, which remedies the ending, the 24th, or is it included in Mako-Scans' batch archives? I'm reading those actually, but if neither, then it might be good I didn't have too great expectations from the start.

joined May 17, 2013

Well, I'm glad I read this thread because I was lost af reading this.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Chapter 23 marked the end of serialization, while chapter 24 marked the "true end" as seen in the tank release (to my knowledge).

Continuing lots of spoilers below, by the way.

The best choice would be one that involves all of them, but I can see how an ending like that could come across as kind of forced or awkward if the artist didn't work it really well. Other than that I liked the relationship with Yuki, though that just makes it my preference, not the "best."

Ahh, that would've been great. I was really thinking Yuki was the obvious choice, given all the early signs in volume 5. Personally, I prefer Reiko...as outlined in the left-most 4-koma;

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shitsurakuen_vol_3_omake#7

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Ahh, that would've been great. I was really thinking Yuki was the obvious choice, given all the early signs in volume 5. Personally, I prefer Reiko...as outlined in the left-most 4-koma;

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shitsurakuen_vol_3_omake#7

Ahh Reiko is definitely a close second behind Yuki, and is probably the only one amongst the girls (other than Sora and Tsuki) whose ending actually made some sense considering Sumita didn't spend the entire series torturing people.

Alice
joined Jun 14, 2012

This series is a real disappointment if you're a yuri fan!

Spoiler

Off topic but anyone know other ways to use spoiler? This is the only way I could find.

last edited at Jun 1, 2013 1:24AM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

it reminded me of Utena XD thank god they fixed the ending

joined May 17, 2013

Am I the only one around here who didn't mind the ending!?

To reply you must either login or sign up.