Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

We playing bets on what song she's gonna sing? Maybe the song Playlist that she sent her.

I doubt people there are expecting a whole set. Remember this is a festival variety stage. It's gonna be a song, maybe 2 if she gets an encore chant, but she can't depend on it.

I see 3 possibilities.

1) original song
2) a song that is somehow special to them. It COULD be something from the playlist, but for just one song, something more specific would have better impact. It could just be something with apologetic lyrics.
3) We don't get the song at all, because the focus of the scene is Mitsuki making a public display of bearing her identity and apologizing, (maybe even confessing?) and the song she plays is incidental to the unspoken emotional interplay between the characters.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I'm glad this is happening but why is Aya dressed like a bee on the last page

Love Buzz?

joined Aug 22, 2022

I can’t think of any 90s music/band (I still see Foo Fighters etc as 90s. It’s burned into my teen years sense memory) that had love/apology songs. It was an age of angst and anguish.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is just getting better and better and better :D

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I can’t think of any 90s music/band (I still see Foo Fighters etc as 90s. It’s burned into my teen years sense memory) that had love/apology songs. It was an age of angst and anguish.

All Apologies by Nirvana

(doesn’t fit at all but take the joke lol)

P.S: Mitsuki could go the cheesiest route and sing “Iris” by Goo Goo Dolls. The lyrics fits so well.

last edited at Oct 27, 2022 5:56AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

despite being mad at Mitsuki, Aya still wants some kind of understanding and she's definitely going to get it.

We playing bets on what song she's gonna sing? Maybe the song Playlist that she sent her.

I was just thinking of the possible songs from the playlist from the early chapters that Mitsuki may tried to pull off for Aya.

also to wlftchtr82, Soundgarden have shown up. I know you're still busy with exams but please update the list. otherwise, I will sing out another Oasis song just for you.

BABY I’M ON MY WAY!! MY EXAMS ARE OVER, I’VE JUST BEEN SLACKING!

Also, you can call me Mari if you’d like ;)

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Is Mitsuki consciously or unconsciously gay about this musical apology? She's making a traditionally romantic gesture towards Aya who she already charmed before, and Mitsuki should know that.

The less Mitsuki thought this through, the funnier.

last edited at Oct 27, 2022 5:37PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I mean, Nirvana has a couple. I just mentioned Love Buzz as a joke, but it honestly wouldn't be a bad pick IF the message she wants to send is overtly gay, but there's also heart-shaped box, about a girl, and a few others. None are really apologetic, although she could also adapt the lyrics, tweak a line or two. The audience wouldn't know it, but Aya would recognize it immediately.

last edited at Oct 27, 2022 10:01PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

There were tons of schmaltzy love songs in the 90s, but finding one specificallyfrom the grunge scene that says "I fucked up I'm sorry" would require more focused knowledge than I have. I'm sure one exists, though. Singing an apology song to your girl is a common trope because it's a near universal as a behavior from any musician. Plus their playlists feature artists over a few decades anyway.

last edited at Oct 27, 2022 10:18PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

All Apologies by Nirvana

(doesn’t fit at all but take the joke lol)

She could tweak the lyrics to be less sarcastic, I guess.

P.S: Mitsuki could go the cheesiest route and sing “Iris” by Goo Goo Dolls. The lyrics fits so well.

Nice pick, but file it under "only if this is an intentional romantic confession."

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Is Mitsuki consciously or unconsciously gay about this musical apology? She's making a traditionally romantic gesture towards Aya who she already charmed before, and Mitsuki should know that.

The less Mitsuki thought this through, the funnier.

Considering her track record, I think she just went “oh we both like music so i should pick a song she likes to show her we are similar when i reveal myself”.
We gotta remember that Mitsuki has no idea that Aya already knows. She is guilty for lying but things she will come clean by performing — in her head it’s probably not act an apology for lying and hurting her, because the lie wasn’t found out (she thinks).

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

For those who have been asking for a bands/artists compilation, here it is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eezro_84dB1jGdWRxwJP3aBx1qXpYH1AT0mVaTf4_dw/

I tried to make it as pretty as possible. If the series doesn't end on this week's chapter, I'll make sure to update it often.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

BABY I’M ON MY WAY!! MY EXAMS ARE OVER, I’VE JUST BEEN SLACKING!

YES!!!

For those who have been asking for a bands/artists compilation, here it is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eezro_84dB1jGdWRxwJP3aBx1qXpYH1AT0mVaTf4_dw/

I tried to make it as pretty as possible. If the series doesn't end on this week's chapter, I'll make sure to update it often.

FUCK YES!!! and good work on reworking the list. too!

also, the Goo Goo Dolls' song, Iris, maybe possible. despite thru out the chapters, there's no mention of the band or being spotted in any chapter but it could be a possibility. another possibility that I like to think that Mitsuki might sing a cover of Creep by Radiohead to express her apology in a more truthful way. I know that's way off from what everybody else is thinking but I'm throwing it out there as a maybe. or I may be wrong.

last edited at Oct 30, 2022 1:39AM

joined Dec 3, 2017

wow all of this drama and angst only to be just friends.... Sumiko sensei please continue the story until theyre married thank you

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

XD I am on the floor.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Lol, radiohead? Not what anyone expected

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

hdhdihfishdodbodjd FRIENDS????

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

ALL THIS BUILD UP FOR FRIENDS XCHSJBSOAHFOKCPAGXWJDISOS that actually tracks, we gays are useless

UnidentifiedFangirlingHimejoshi
Untitled2120_20220919231752
joined Sep 7, 2021

WAITING WAS WORTH IT. AS FUCK.

joined Feb 5, 2020

FRIEND

PLEASE DONT BE THE END LMAO

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(2)
joined Oct 3, 2021

Did Aya just get friendzoned?

Afterschooljpgg
joined Jan 9, 2021

I wonder what song she played... maybe Pulk/Pull? The ultimate romantic gesture

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Good for them. Public proposing is cringe.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

While there has been a lot of flirting going on between them, they still barely know each other beyond their similar music tastes, so starting out as friends makes sense rather than jumping into a relationship.

Besides, with all the blushing and classic yuri tropes that have played out so far, plus knowing Mitsuki’s uncle approves, I seriously doubt this will end in the friendzone.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

My immediate reaction

Aya "Friends? After what you put me through?He'll no!"
Mitsuki "But ..."
Aya "Girlfriends. And you can start with a proper confession"
Mitsuki "er, ..."
Aya "And don't even think about skimping out on our first date "

To reply you must either login or sign up.