Forum › I Borrowed Nishikino-san's Jersey discussion

11987161_1662992157250246_4752483831939925755_n
joined Jun 20, 2014

Best ! ^D^

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Love this story, there's a part one somewhere thought it was on here but I guess it was tumblr. Either way I'll find it later. ^.^

S-l225
joined Feb 14, 2014

such gay.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

shhh just let it happen

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

Girls wearing clothes that don't fit are so cute.....

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Well, she didn't say she wasn't~

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

hmmm.... is maki's wish will come become true !

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Nozomi you troll, reminds me of that one yuru yuri episode although they didn't use the "married" joke on that...

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

^Which episode?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ The one where Himawari forgets her gym clothes it's a boob joke not a marriage joke I don't remember which ep at the moment.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I always wondered how gay couples chose their last names when it comes to marriage. too late to change it nico.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I always wondered how gay couples chose their last names when it comes to marriage. too late to change it nico.

Lots of options, really. Choose one or the other, keep them the same (as an increasing number of straight couples are doing), hyphenated names, making up a new name altogether and both adopting that, and probably something I missed.

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Rock paper scissors (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜
Alternatively, a karaoke stand off.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

^Which episode?

Episode 2
Breas-- ermm, I mean best scene in that episode
Boing boing

joined Nov 30, 2011

I've had this convo with my girlfriend (straight male here), and she asked what would we do about the last name thing. I honestly told her it doesn't bother me. She can keep her last name for all I care. If she decided to take mine it'd be cool or if she used her maiden name for professional work and mine outside of it it wouldn't be an issue. Hell, I even offered to change mine to her's. Ever since high school, I always thought it was silly that women were the only ones supposed to change their last names when married. I have viewed it as some kind of societal/cultural norm that favors the male in the relationship in that it eventually blots out the woman's heritage and in this day and age (at least here in the States), why should it be assumed that the woman will be automatically changing her last name?? I'm sure there are some positives to having the same last name, especially if you have kids but, assuming that the woman was supposed to change their name always seemed to irk me.

And for the record, me and my girlfriend have no interest in marriage, at all.

NOW! As for Love Live! I'm seeing a helluva lot of couples being paraded around here. So, I have to ask... is it worth watching or would I be disappointed?

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Best solution? Exchange names!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Nozomi. Quote : "Subtlewhat now ?" XD

joined Aug 23, 2014

someone is jealous her girlfriend is having fun

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I have viewed it as some kind of societal/cultural norm that favors the male in the relationship in that it eventually blots out the woman's heritage and in this day and age (at least here in the States), why should it be assumed that the woman will be automatically changing her last name??

I think the underlying concept is the woman is the one marrying into the man's family(patrilinealism and all that). It's also been the norm for step kids to take their new father's name(I think that's falling off quicker than the married name) and I doubt the practice will end anytime soon for adopted children.

last edited at Feb 13, 2015 9:54AM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I remember that in Japan it's actually not uncommon for a man to marry into his wife's family and take her name - usually goes with taking over their (wife side's) family buisness together.

last edited at Feb 13, 2015 10:19AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

NOW! As for Love Live! I'm seeing a helluva lot of couples being paraded around here. So, I have to ask... is it worth watching or would I be disappointed?

If you would have to make time to be able to watch it, probably not. If you have time on your hands, go for it. It's decent, with a focus on the members of Muse, not so much the actual music and competition and having watched it made reading the doujins even more enjoyable for me. But don't expect too much, there isn't any MakixNico.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

If you would have to make time to be able to watch it, probably not. If you have time on your hands, go for it. It's decent, with a focus on the members of Muse, not so much the actual music and competition and having watched it made reading the doujins even more enjoyable for me. But don't expect too much, there isn't any MakixNico.

I'm sure there was behind the scene. I still remember this strange moment when Honoka almost give up on practice and love live and all the other members are discussing about it by phone at night. We see Maki and Nico together in a parc without any reason. It was a date, I'm sure of it !! let me dream

joined Apr 14, 2013

damn nozomi gets me everytime XD

10277077_10205598899036451_7259362253469039639_n
joined Jul 23, 2014

Nishikino Nico

Yazawa Maki

I'm fine with both xD

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

If you're gonna watch it for the gay couples, you might just get disappointed. But if you're into it for the show itself, it's quite decent actually.

About the surname thing, there are a lot of options about it. But legally speaking, you kinda need to adopt one surname that will cover you both. IMO, it's not just the social norms, think about it, if there will be no "formal" way of adopting names, it'll be like hell knowing who are your relatives or whatever. Including the fact of for legal talks (ie inheritance, property separation, digging for information of criminals, etc.). But if both would like to get the lineage of surnames, the woman and the child could just opt for the hyphenated name. And I think this also involves some religious impact as well, given the teachings of the woman should be the one who falls under her husband no, I'm not into religious debate here, just saying what I know

I'm not sure about the gay couples though (in a legal POV), since same-sex marriage is still not available here in our country.

Okay, just let me go fangirling on the side...
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

To reply you must either login or sign up.