Forum › My Sister's Best Friend, My Lover discussion

joined Jan 11, 2022

Kiku is too good for these people, she's doing all the work and getting called a weirdo and creepy. Unless there's some flashblack chapter that explains the breakup (Which there probably will be) she should find someone that actually loves her back.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

For some reason I remembered this having more chapters out. I was like "wait, this is only chapter 5?"

joined May 12, 2020

On reflection, the line in this chapter that stood out to me the most is Yuuna saying:

"Kiku is...the person I trust the most."

It's one thing to say this about a best friend, it's another to say this about your ex when you're currently engaged to be married. It makes me more curious to know what exactly caused their breakup.

I feel like kiku already told yuuna about her feelings toward her sister and thats probably also the reason why they broke up.

Yuuna, knowing that kiku loves sena, prolly the reason why she trust her the most. She know very well that kiku will take care of sena no matter what.

Just assuming

last edited at Aug 26, 2022 2:34AM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

On reflection, the line in this chapter that stood out to me the most is Yuuna saying:

"Kiku is...the person I trust the most."

It's one thing to say this about a best friend, it's another to say this about your ex when you're currently engaged to be married. It makes me more curious to know what exactly caused their breakup.

I feel like kiku already told yuuna about her feelings toward her sister and thats probably also the reason why they broke up.

Yuuna, knowing that kiku loves sena, prolly the reason why she trust her the most. She know very well that kiku will take care of sena no matter what.

Just assuming

I don't think Kiku knew she was in love with Sena when Yuuna and her were still dating. Going back to chapter 3.1, there's a scene from before the break-up where she meets Sena at the park, and her wish is to "make a place where that girl could be at ease too", presumably because she thought that Sena felt uncomfortable being with her sister's lover. It was only when she meets Sena again after the break-up, at the request of her sister, that she realises that she had already fallen in love with her back then.

So, the reason for the break-up must be something else. I thought before that it could simply be that they realised they didn't work out as a couple and were better off as friends, but Yuuna's words in the latest chapter seem to hint that there is more to that story...

last edited at Aug 26, 2022 9:58AM

%d0%91%d0%b5%d0%b7-%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

Rather than go on all this lover thing, both big sis and Kiku should address to unhealthy depression Sena has. And pursue her to seek help.

joined Sep 12, 2021

I think Kiku is manipulative.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

OK, I am at this point chapter 9.2. I think I have never read a Yuri that is so fuc*ed up as this one. OMG. It even managed to trigger me, which is extremely rare for me. The drawing is good, but the story is absolutely top notch. This is an incredible dark manga. How Mei Fujimatsu came up the three characters like that. I have no clue. In any case, Sena has at the very least *clinical depression", we do not know if she is bipolar or not...
I do love this manga, and I would consider it as my top 5. on-going manga,

last edited at Oct 2, 2022 5:22AM

joined Jul 8, 2021

I'm so happy this got updated, this is one of my favorites. Her sister is a mystery so far, so I have no idea if she took her relationship with Kiku seriously or not. Also, I hope mc cheers up, it kind of crushes me to see her lounging about since it reminds me of my own low points in life.

joined May 29, 2022

New chapter been out for like 3 months now?!? Y wasn’t I notified… I swear subscribing don’t work

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I personally have caught up, chapter 14 RAW. You can read the Chinese translation, but that means Chapter 1 to 11, plus fort volume extra. Just go to Kadokawa site to look for it.

joined Jul 8, 2021

Out of anything, I really hope this series can get updated here on the future.. or if there was an English one I would be happy to buy it.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I don't know when this will be scanlated further, so I may as well answer one important question. As I said. I am on 14 with 15 coming up in a couple of days.

Yuuna is......
straight, or she was barely bi-curious. She dated
her best friend Kiku so that she can manipulate Kiku into being a "family member" because not just she herself wants a family, but also she knows how lonely Sena is. Kiku is not dumb, she knows this is a fake relationship, but since Kiku is Kiku, she acts the same as if it were a real relationship, and when Yuuna wants to break up, she did not protest, and with Yuuna's green light, she can now start to date Sena. She must have realized that while Yuuna is not gay, Sena is. Yuuna can now go ahead and have her own family by marrying some guy she met, while knowing her sister is in good hands. However, how come yuuna does not have Sena moves in with her new family Fujimatsu did not give an explanation.

last edited at Dec 25, 2022 6:22AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Masina's spoiler

What the-- well, that's awkward. I hope the new chapters get scanlated soon so I can get a better read on Yuuna and those motives. I follow the author on Twitter and I'm pretty confident despite the gloom and all that this will be a happy ending.

I actually passed on reading this earlier this year because the comments and tags turned me off, but I accidentally started to follow the author and it's a really different vibe on their feed lol

Edit: I was only able to find up to ch 11 (I can't seem to find anything past that in tls) but so far it's been good! we finally move past the sister arc and we're starting to see the two leads go on dates!!

last edited at Dec 30, 2022 9:38PM

joined Oct 20, 2022

^
Dating was nice right? But what impressed me was that Sena's gradually overcame her depression after Yuuna left. There was no warning sign. it just a gradual thing.

Chapter 11: Many of you have already read this one.
Kiku asks Sena for a date.
Chapter 12:
Sena met up with Yuria
Chapter 13:
Sena fell in loved with kiku.
Chapter 14:
Sena met up with her editor.
Chapter 15
Sena and Kiku decide to address each other's given name only

last edited at Jan 11, 2023 5:14AM

joined Oct 20, 2022
joined Jul 8, 2021

Thanks for spoiling, being on a cliffhanger for months was tough ngl.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

No update for January, I think February we have another chapter coming up.

joined Oct 22, 2021

... wait, my japanese is not that good, but did it say at the end on the bottom left corner that next chapter is the last one?!

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

^
I don't think so, if you mean chapter 15 at page 396? The good part is finally starting...the two MC finally have a REAL date, as opposed to Kiku dragging Sena to get out.
I love this manga because of Sena, who has a typical serious clinical depression. That portrait hits home. She keeps her depression at bay or as much as possible all these times, without any outside help (other than Kiku) such as therapy. She does mention that she is broke.
Some may considered Kiku being nosey or controlling or stalking, but I think Kiku knows what she is doing. When you have a huge depression to fight against, everything whether mental or physical task that you perform will be a huge challenge. Kiku regularly brings lunch is very helpful, because cooking requires energy, especially the mental part.
Anybody who would not bother to go back to her bedroom and sleep, but simply lying on the floor semi-asleep is a typical depression syndrome. You either sleep too much, or too little. This include staying in bed but unable to sleep.

I want to see how Sena is doing, chapter after chapter. I do not know if the mangaka herself has depression or not, or have family members suffer from it.
BTW, incest cannot cause depression. But there is a minute chance that depression can cause incest.

last edited at Feb 2, 2023 9:46AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

BTW, incest cannot cause depression.

Good god, what i'm reading ?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

BTW, incest cannot cause depression. But there is a minute chance that depression can cause incest.

I don't think either of those directly cause each other in any way, and I don't think anyone is assuming that.

However, I do think Sena has always been a bit neurotic, given her tendencies towards depression and anxiety. She also seems like an overly glass half empty type of person. I do think that the guilt of taking advantage of her sister's kindness and familial love while harboring "taboo" feelings for her ate at her and made her depression worse.

In the end, I think I get what you mean, that perhaps her depression deepened her reliance on her sister and somehow that translated into romantic feelings for her sister. While that seems to have happened here, I'm not sure if I'd go as far as to say depression causes incest... I think depression causes unhealthy dependency issues that don't necessarily turn sexual/romantic though. Some sibling bonds are very strong, and can seem sus to outsiders, but at the end of the day, they usually don't turn sexual or romantic at all. (Technically, this manga doesn't even count as incest because they didn't have sex)

104001606_p0_master1200
joined Feb 27, 2023

Volume 3 will come out on the 27th.

981c42da2a6ca1ced16e6500fb8d64cc
joined Dec 29, 2020

Is there a translation for chapter 16? I saw there is one for 17, but I can't seem to find one for 16.

joined Dec 4, 2017

Is there a translation for chapter 16? I saw there is one for 17, but I can't seem to find one for 16.

can you tell me where u read this

joined Jul 8, 2021

Does anyone know if there is an eng translation anywhere for this?

To reply you must either login or sign up.