Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

joined Dec 4, 2013

Not that this chapter isn't adorable but I want more Himawari san and Matsuriii!!! :(

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Matsuri and ms. sunflower please, look fuuko you can have all the feelings you want but sadly you are not the main character so this wont go anywhere.

joined Dec 5, 2014

I wonder if this gonna have a proper yuri ending...

joined Dec 4, 2013

I think this series is more likely shoujo ai than yuri. I doubt they even have a kiss at the end but I still hope for it.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

I think this series is more likely shoujo ai than yuri. I doubt they even have a kiss at the end but I still hope for it.

the heck is shoujo ai.?

last edited at Feb 4, 2015 1:53PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

the heck is shoujo ai.?

A weeaboo-ism for "yuri lite", stuff like MarMite and the like.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

the heck is shoujo ai.?

"Mainstream" manga readers even use it as a tag for such works instead of yuri, so people can get confused.
From what I heard, in Japan both "Shoujo Ai" and "Shounei Ai" actually mean it's also loli/shota, nothing to do with "lite".

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

the heck is shoujo ai.?

"Mainstream" manga readers even use it as a tag for such works instead of yuri, so people can get confused.
From what I heard, in Japan both "Shoujo Ai" and "Shounei Ai" actually mean it's also loli/shota, nothing to do with "lite".

idk, I've heard people say the Japanese don't even use "shoujo ai" in the first place, and it's a western fan adaption of "shounen ai" which, as you say, refers to gay shota.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Hm, that might be so

joined Dec 4, 2013

the heck is shoujo ai.?

I'm sorry. Shoujo ai, shounen ai are popular terms at my place which I understand that main characters will have romantic feelings for each other but it only stop at things like holding hands, hugging each other, confessing that they love each other. But it will not have kissing screen or anything sexually further than that (while Yuri does). Kind of innocent love, or platonic (? I'm sorry I didn't remember the word, I'm not very good at English)

Ava%20120
joined Feb 1, 2013

A bit of research isn't that hard... The term 'shounen ai' is used in Japan and in western countries to describe content involving non-sexual relationships between men. Works with sexual relationships is called 'yaoi'. Some ppl just thought the same applies for 'shoujo ai' and 'yuri', but in fact the term 'shoujo ai' is used to denote pedophilia in Japan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_%28genre%29#Japanese_vs._Western_usage

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Aww. Ms. Sunflower is just so adorable. The last page with the "three main stages" of her life was so cute.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Whenever I'm sad, stressed or confused, I read a chapter or two and it almost instantly calms the torrid feelings within my breast. This series is my comfort food, and I very earnestly hope it can go on as long as Sugano plans it to. No matter what happens, it will always have a special place in my heart.

Also while re-reading chapter 13 the complete adorabileness of the flower shop girl caught my eye. I really want to see more of her..!

last edited at Apr 3, 2015 1:20AM

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Whenever I'm sad, stressed or confused, I read a chapter or two and it almost instantly calms the torrid feelings within my breast. This series is my comfort food, and I very earnestly hope it can go on as long as Sugano plans it to. No matter what happens, it will always have a special place in my heart.

Also while re-reading chapter 13 the complete adorabileness of the flower shop girl caught my eye. I really want to see more of her..!

You might also consider following the Matsuri twitter bot, who mostly tweets about how much she loves Himawari-san.

(I'm assuming you're already following the official Himawari-san twitter account)

last edited at Apr 3, 2015 2:56AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

You might also consider following the Matsuri twitter bot, who mostly tweets about how much she loves Himawari-san.

Wow. How did I not know about this :<

Thank you so much, Cyfer-oneesama!

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Wow. How did I not know about this :<

Thank you so much, Cyfer-oneesama!

You're welcome~ I only found it myself when I was looking for the main account so I could ask if Flower Girl was ever coming back.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is my favorite page in the entire series. The next panel is great too, because grandma just like, "Welp okay then hahahaha." The way it's framed and stated exemplifies everything the series does well..! Agghhh.....!!

Ahem. I'll try not to fill up the thread with long-past-release posts any further. Pardon my fangirling.

joined Dec 15, 2014

I've reading this manga ever since but stopped and lost interest but then after a few years, I encountered FLOWERS visual novel that has a main character named Shirahane Suou. I was reminded of Miss Sunflower again and so I began rereading this again. :D

I love this manga series, and thank you all for your hard work in translating, but its been a while. I hope the series hasn't been dropped.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I love this manga series, and thank you all for your hard work in translating, but its been a while. I hope the series hasn't been dropped.

It hasn't been. Kawaii has just been a bit short staffed lately from what I've been hearing. Specifically in the QC department which it appears the latest chapter they have is waiting on.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Ooh man this chapter was just too wonderful

Kyosaya_Bubbiline
joined Jun 21, 2015

Haha you got upset that the food almost spilled, not the fact that you slapped the hell out of someone? You....I like you.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Alright, I like this series, but in all seriousness, how much longer could it possibly be? I just don't see where else it could possibly go without dragging itself out (which tbh its already shown signs of starting to do exactly that). I'm just worried that this series is gonna do what so many shounen series are guilty of in that it'll start of super lovable but then go so unnecessarily long that I start to hate it cough Bleach cough. Because honestly, this series could ended itself in one or two volumes or so and I would've felt perfectly satisfied as long as it had an ACTUAL conclusion.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Alright, I like this series, but in all seriousness, how much longer could it possibly be? I just don't see where else it could possibly go without dragging itself out (which tbh its already shown signs of starting to do exactly that). I'm just worried that this series is gonna do what so many shounen series are guilty of in that it'll start of super lovable but then go so unnecessarily long that I start to hate it cough Bleach cough. Because honestly, this series could ended itself in one or two volumes or so and I would've felt perfectly satisfied as long as it had an ACTUAL conclusion.

I think reading it with the expectation of a goal - or end it was aiming for - such as matsuri x himawari - is bound to make you impatient. To be honest I dont think that was the story the author set out to tell.

It is a simple slow paced slice of life story about these characters. Yes matsuri is in love with miss sunflower- but that doesn't mean the story is all about that and it ends with them together.

I think it will go on telling the simple daily life of these characters getting to know each other better - perhaps for as long as the mangaka enjoys writing it and the magazine will publish it. Matsuri will end up working in the book store at a guess- they will both be closer - but not in a relationship - that will be left an open question.

That's my guess anyway. And while I would love it if it would move on to romance developments and them ending up together - I'd be surprised to see it happen - and can still enjoy it a lot without that because I love the characters. The story is the journey not the destination.

That said - Matsuri is in her final year already taking extra lessons for maybe going to college - so her finishing high school may well bring big changes or the story to a close.

last edited at Jun 28, 2015 7:10PM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

But, er...I'd say this is a Slice of Life series rather than plot-driven story? I think you're expecting something that this series is not...

To reply you must either login or sign up.