Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

To say nothing of his looks.
Btw I hadn't noticed before how Mitsuki got her whole fashion sense from her uncle, down to the nails painted black.

I'd say, it's the other way around - the uncle copycatting Mitsuki as her approach with black nails brought cute girls into the shop, lol. I mean, he never wore it black before this chapter.

In reality though, not gonna be surprised if this is but the author's way of "bugfixing" that nails painting are a girls' only thing, as in, hey look, actual guys of the culture do it too, so it's not like Aya fell for feminine traits of her Onii-san. Not that it addresses the elephant in the room, which is the voice of a 17-year-old. But at this point, I don't think I want to care about any of that as for me personally the momentum of the story is somehow lost.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Ohhh, gonna add Muse, Passion Pit, and Bright Eyes to the guesses for the next bands. More realistically, I'd say Nine Inch Nails and Aphex Twins fit the band time period. Did we already have Red Hot Chili Peppers?

last edited at Jul 5, 2022 7:33PM

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Ohhh, gonna add Muse, Passion Pit, and Bright Eyes to the guesses for the next bands. More realistically, I'd say Nine Inch Nails and Aphex Twins fit the band time period. Did we already have Red Hot Chili Peppers?

yes we already have RHCP and along with Muse and NIN. Aphex Twins I can kinda see that. I'll be coming up with more band possibilities that I'm forgetting to add at the moment.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Not in the manga, but many people guessed it. I made a compilation of the bands so far. No RHCP.

I think next will be RHCP or Led Zeppelin.
I am surprised there is no Beatles. Sumiko should be covering the basics and stuff…

last edited at Jul 5, 2022 7:54PM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

i mean the list is like guitar hero core. props on uncle already starting the wedding planning!

joined Feb 1, 2021

I thought I was too hipster to be the only one who knew Royal Blood

I saw them open for the Black Keys once, but to tell the truth they didn't leave that much of an impression on me

Kobayashismile
joined Apr 7, 2021

Got some Bon Jovi love, that's nice

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Not in the manga, but many people guessed it. I made a compilation of the bands so far. No RHCP.

I think next will be RHCP or Led Zeppelin.
I am surprised there is no Beatles. Sumiko should be covering the basics and stuff…

maybe the Who will show up. or David Bowie.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

To say nothing of his looks.
Btw I hadn't noticed before how Mitsuki got her whole fashion sense from her uncle, down to the nails painted black.

I'd say, it's the other way around - the uncle copycatting Mitsuki as her approach with black nails brought cute girls into the shop, lol. I mean, he never wore it black before this chapter.

In reality though, not gonna be surprised if this is but the author's way of "bugfixing" that nails painting are a girls' only thing, as in, hey look, actual guys of the culture do it too, so it's not like Aya fell for feminine traits of her Onii-san. Not that it addresses the elephant in the room, which is the voice of a 17-year-old. But at this point, I don't think I want to care about any of that as for me personally the momentum of the story is somehow lost.

uh well it's kinda established mitsuki is goth and goth guys paint their nails black all the time. i think it's mitsuki who picked up everything from her uncle. she seems to be really close to him and probably looks up to him a lot

also, i wanna see smashing pumpkins and alice in chains show up!

last edited at Jul 6, 2022 8:08PM

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Man ist torture reading this manga 4 pages not enough

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Man ist torture reading this manga 4 pages not enough

It is torture but I come back every sunday begging for more.

2%20-%20jmdagff
joined Aug 31, 2014

the green background really gives it a touch of freshness :9 I love the author's style

CreamyDesk19
Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

She already got daddy's approval
Go get her girl

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

This is the playlist of a 40 year old man in denial of his age

I would have said a 50-year-old embracing his age.

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

saw this on tiktok and wanted to share as someone took the time to draw and animate this scene from chapter 5 of this series

It just popped up on my fyp on tiktok

it looks like they also animated another chapter as well xD

last edited at Jul 7, 2022 8:10PM

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

saw this on tiktok and wanted to share as someone took the time to draw and animate this scene from chapter 5 of this series

It just popped up on my fyp on tiktok

it looks like they also animated another chapter as well xD

That's actually pretty cool!

joined Jul 4, 2022

has anyone posted this video yet

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KQpKeW_-fd8

a lot of this energy in this series

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

has anyone posted this video yet

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KQpKeW_-fd8

a lot of this energy in this series

the series or us readers? lol

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh I love Joel's content but I missed that one video, it's great LOL and yeah I was kinda like that too a little... or maybe more than a little

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

This is quickly becoming one of my fav reads on DS. It's wholesome but flirty at the same time

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Latest chapter just dropped on Twitter so I thought I should share this with you guys.

Bands shown/mentioned so far (as of Ch.13):

• Nirvana — Most referenced band. Ch.1: "Nirvana is just the best", Mitsuki's hoodie, Mitsuki listening to their hit song 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' on the last panel; In Ch.2-3 Mitsuki is wearing yet another Nirvana hoodie — this time with the smiley face on the front; Ch.7: Nirvana poster in Aya's room

• Foo Fighters — their Dream Widow project, Ch.3-4; Also, there is a poster from a 1995 gig at The Fillmore in San Francisco in Mitsuki's room in Ch.8, bottom right. Hard to spot but someone did.

• Pink Floyd — the CD Mitsuki is holding at Ch.5, Aya’s room has the Dark Side of the Moon poster on Ch.7, a poster in the shop's restroom in Ch.10.1

• Rolling Stones (Ch.7, Aya's room — kinda hard to spot but it's on page 2, it's a big poster on the top right of the last panel; Ch.8, Mitsuki’s room)

• AC/DC (Ch.8, Mitsuki’s room) highway to groan
  • Radiohead (Mitsuki’s shirt Ch.10)

• The Velvet Underground (hoodie Mitsuki offers to Aya on Ch.10; here is the hoodie print)

• Gorillaz (Mitsuki’s tank top on Ch.11, a Demon Days poster in the shop's restroom on Ch.10.1)

The poster seems to be a fan art

• Arctic Monkeys (Mitsuki’s room, Ch.11, 1st panel: it’s a gig poster, but not exactly like the poster you find online. Sumiko probably made some changes so the AM initials would be seen)

Also Mitsuki's tattoo just straight up looks like a reference to the AM album cover.

• Blur (Aya’s playlist Ch.11)
  • Black Sabbath (Aya’s playlist Ch.11)
  • The Strokes (Aya’s playlist Ch.11)
  • Pearl Jam (Aya's playlist Ch.12)
  • Bon Jovi (Aya's playlist Ch.12)
  • Beck (Aya's playlist Ch.12)
  • Royal Blood (Figure It Out on Aya's playlist Ch.12)
  • KISS (Ch. 10.1, in the resting room)

Honorable Mention: Indie Rock band Charly Bliss' "Heaven" is in one of the concept arts

Here is a playlist someone from the Discord created with the bands and albums mentioned: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1gOJ3LlDjf2OmZgzYURVZs?si=DX-khKpoR66pYlwxvZfoFg

last edited at Jul 17, 2022 1:34PM

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

@wlftchtr82 thanks for putting that together.

Can't wait to get the translation of Ch.13

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Amarrez handed me the series, so I guess I'll be the one to do it from now on.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Thanks for your work!

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Thanks for your work!

Seconded, thanks for the translation!

Also I'm surprised to see a new character this chapter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.