Forum › Yuri Kuma Arashi discussion

Tumblr_mpynm4dyml1qjj8e7o1_400
joined May 24, 2013

Maybe Kureha will go with bob hair bear-san and I can read this manga ;_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; lol jk read the raws

This post would have benefited from reading the previous post.

I think it was too subtle.

Maybe a bigger font?

Blink tags might work.

I just assumed since I WAS talking about the manga and the anime. That it was really either or. =v=))b.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Maybe Kureha will go with bob hair bear-san and I can read this manga ;_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; lol jk read the raws

Maybe a bigger font?

Blink tags might work.

Actually, maybe this thread needs a label like "THE MANGA" on it, so that poor souls short on coffee/oneesamas won't accidentally mistake them again.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Tidbits of an interview with Ikuhara and Morishima

http://softkakumei.tumblr.com/post/108899102728/im-skimming-through-the-starting-guide-the

Pretty good read.

I came here to post this, and was sorry to see what I found. I'll only say that certain people should stop flagellating themselves and reread this piece of information carefully.

Ikuhara notes that by working in the yuri genre, there are lots of things that he can only pretend to understand. To a point he considers that unavoidable with this subject matter, but he thought early on that the project needed someone with credentials people could have undying faith in: “Someone that would make people say, ‘With such a godlike person working on this, I have no choice but to follow along with it!’” He thinks some things may inevitably be a “little off” with him handling it, but believes Morishima’s involvement should keep the soul of the work intact.

Ikuhara and Morishima have this project well in hand. She is one of only a handful of people Ikuhara could've selected in whom the core yuri fanbase really could have "undying faith" - and he knew it. For all that people love to cast Ikuhara as an arrogant auteur, he had the wisdom to realize how important it would be to have someone like her, not only as a figurehead but as a woman-loving woman herself, to guide the project. If he's sincere in letting her "keep the soul of the work intact", there is absolutely nothing to worry about here.

Also, much respect and sympathy for Nezchan having to work overtime to keep things civil.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Is there any news on some progress of the next chapter of the manga? I don't really know who's translating or where I'd find this kind of stuff out so I figured I'd ask here lol.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Is there any news on some progress of the next chapter of the manga? I don't really know who's translating or where I'd find this kind of stuff out so I figured I'd ask here lol.

Lol, wondering the same thing...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Maybe a bigger font?

Blink tags might work.

I still have serious trauma from the early days of the internet, please don't use blink tags.

Fine, I'll have to settle for marquee and rotating images.

Does this forum accept autoplay music with no controls?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If you start talking about Internet Explorer I'm going to have a full blown panic attack.

Netscape, then.

Or there's always Lynx...

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

constantly re-reading this every week, I watch the new episode each week... man, hope we get update soon! >_<

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

constantly re-reading this every week, I watch the new episode each week... man, hope we get update soon! >_<

http://gorgeous-smell-translations.tumblr.com/

joined Feb 17, 2015

Is there a raw source for untranslated Yuri Kuma manga?

Also... shadow8321, what doujin/manga is your avatar from, if any?

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Also... shadow8321, what doujin/manga is your avatar from, if any?

Itou Hachi's Legally Maried Yuri Couple Book

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

I just started watching anime...wtf? wtf am I watching?? I have no idea?!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is the saddest day of my life. Morishima has betrayed me.

(May the group continue to find the help they need! Thank you very much!)

last edited at Feb 26, 2015 10:39PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Deer God, thanks for the new release! Gorgeous Smell Translations, we needed you!
Is so so so soooooooooooooooooooo different from the anime ._.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

People, remember that the anime has no connection with either the manga or the light novel.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

still think of "sha-ba-da-do" when i see him... dont know how i feel about it.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well. This (tail end of ch 3) plot direction, all bears aside, is NOT your typical Morishima Akiko. The scent of lilies may be strong, but the scent of vanilla is unsettlingly absent.
Wonder how it will work out.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Yay new ch.! been keeping up with the anime so "utena-ish" ^_^
I hope we get to enjoy the manga more, cuz upfront yuri is so pleasant lol
Thanks for scantalating

This is: MUCH. BETTER. THAN. THE. ANIME!

Edit: Not that I hate the anime that much... but I would have liked it more if it was "normal" yuri, not so repetitive and... weird xD

The weirder the better. ^^

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

why is it im having a better feeling about the anime which i hate than the oncoming storm of the next few chapters?
And to the few daleks in the audience i am NOT talking about the other oncoming storm.

seriously though can i have just one yuri series recently that i don't find myself hating by the end?

last edited at Feb 27, 2015 9:37AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

why is it im having a better feeling about the anime which i hate than the oncoming storm of the next few chapters?

I guess you just don't like drama ? or you're more like me, I hate misunderstandings that leads to drama and when is a cliche confusion uugghhh ... The anime is too bizzarre to have those romantic cliche.

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

Freudian psychology IS pretty sexy.
I'm a bit worried about where this is going, its very abruptly changed direction and I feel like it's going to get darker. No choice but to trust that Morishima knows what shes doing I guess.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's a very different sort of story than Morishima's norm. It's rare she does anything fantasy-related in the first place, and I can't remember much of anything that's taken a dark turn like this. Although of course Princess Sakura did both.

To reply you must either login or sign up.