Forum › The Marriage Partner of My Dreams Turned Out To Be… My Female Junior at Work?! discussion

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

I love knight heron and their dedication to the credit page... Now I demand the coffee location!!! Just kidding

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Well I cant say it isnt realistic but I seriously wasnt expecting rape. Like what the hell?

It's not rape. Takagai firmly says no, and Shiina comes to her senses and apologizes, but things are awkward between them for the next chapter and a half.

If you're curious as to what happens and can't wait for the scanlators to upload Chapter 5, check out Renta. The chapter preview for Chapter 5 shows the resolution to this cliffhanger, but not to Takagai and Shiina's relationship problems.

Oh it is just attempted rape. Much better.

it is "better" objectively.

"Ma'am, quit being hysterical. It was just attempted rape."

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I'm not sure if I want to see a slap or Shiina immediately backing off on her own next chapter. I mean, the latter is obviously better, but she kinda deserves a slap too. Maybe both...? Yes, I'll go with both. (I doubt we'll actually get a slap though...)

In all seriousness, however, I like how Shiina's insecurities were portrayed here. I agree that this could've been shown even better with more chapters, as someone said above, but the author did a very good job with what room they had, the build-up in this chapter was great.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Woof

joined Apr 14, 2022

Well I cant say it isnt realistic but I seriously wasnt expecting rape. Like what the hell?

It's not rape. Takagai firmly says no, and Shiina comes to her senses and apologizes, but things are awkward between them for the next chapter and a half.

If you're curious as to what happens and can't wait for the scanlators to upload Chapter 5, check out Renta. The chapter preview for Chapter 5 shows the resolution to this cliffhanger, but not to Takagai and Shiina's relationship problems.

It is not even attempted rape. Being pushy but ultimately stopping when someone says no is, like, the opposite of rape. Can we stop misusing the word? We don't need to go around branding people who stop when told to stop as rapists.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

While I agree that the (attempted) assault is bad and all the other obvious stuff, I can see Shiina's point here - not only did she already go through a failed relationship recently, but she also saw an example that sometimes taking things slow can backfire in the ex. Her insecurities are not some unrealistic scenario her deluded mind painted, the likelihood of their relationship failing is not nonexistent and she probably feels like she is waiting for the other shoe to drop.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

It is not even attempted rape. Being pushy but ultimately stopping when someone says no is, like, the opposite of rape. Can we stop misusing the word? We don't need to go around branding people who stop when told to stop as rapists.

"Suspect pushed the woman down after being told that she was being pushy and making the woman uncomfortable. Suspect then held her hands down and began to push her hands under her clothes. Meanwhile the victim was telling her repeatedly to stop."

Tale as old as time.

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 2:03PM

joined Apr 14, 2022

Pushed her down
Asked if they can do it
She says no
Immediately stops and apologises

Yes, it is literally a tale as old as time. People in relationships get physical with each other when they crave intimacy. That's normal. You don't need a written contract before touching your girlfriend's shoulder. She came on strong, to be sure, but literally the first time she was told "no" she stopped. Rape is a serious crime, and I wish we'd stop trivializing it by saying touching any part of your partner's body without asking first makes you a rapist. If only it were so easy to stop real rapists by telling them "no".

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 2:24PM

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Pushed her down
Asked if they can do it
She says no

Yes, it is literally a tale as old as time. People in relationships get physical with each other when they crave intimacy. That's normal. You don't need a written contract before touching your girlfriend's shoulder. She came on strong, to be sure, but literally the first time she was told "no" she stopped. Rape is a serious crime, and I wish we'd stop trivializing it by saying touching any part of your partner's body without asking first makes you a rapist. If only it were so easy to stop real rapists by telling them "no".

• Asks uncomfortable questions
  • Gets rebuffed
  • Asks if they can get intimate
  • Gets rejected
  • Pushes her down, restricts her movements, asks again
  • Woman is pleading for her to stop.
  • Doesnt listen, touches her anyway
  • Gets called a rapist

Millenials killed love!

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 2:51PM

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

The drama in the discussion is almost as good as the drama in the manga.

For what it's worth, I'd say she's more on the line of sexual harassment, which isn't really much better but we'll see how it goes. She's crossed a line in a panic, we'll have to see the consequences of that crossing.

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

Pushed her down
Asked if they can do it
She says no

Thanks goodness for people like you.
Every time someone asks their partner for sex, the anti-sex herd bellows rape.

The world needs more people like you who stand up to them.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Pushed her down
Asked if they can do it
She says no

Thanks goodness for people like you.
Every time someone asks their partner for sex, the anti-sex herd bellows rape.

The world needs more people like you who stand up to them.

Brave men are fighting a brutal war in the comment section for the future of humanity. Pray for them ladies and gentlemen for they are they are the last guardians of morality and rationality. God bless their RGB keyboards.

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 5:36PM

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Oh god, thanks to our morallity saviors in comment section who use "rape" faster than light, you really save us as always.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Anyone know where I can read the raws?

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Oh god, thanks to our morallity saviors in comment section who use "rape" faster than light, you really save us as always.

I am here for you my child. Let us pray together for the poor persecuted rapists. Woe to the harlots who wont put out.

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 5:48PM

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

It's clear this is not a manga for you since you're reacting this viscerally to the new chapter's plot hook, I think it'd be better for you and the rest of us if you simply dropped the series and went on to something else.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

It's clear this is not a manga for you since you're reacting this viscerally to the new chapter's plot hook, I think it'd be better for you and the rest of us if you simply dropped the series and went on to something else.

Nah I am good.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Nah I am good.

It certainly does not seem that way.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Nah I am good.

Well you know what they say about assuming.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

no sex has ever been consensual

bottom text

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

Wow, this went from sweet to cringe real fast.

This would be a good spot in the relationship for the relationship to end. If you can't respect your partner's wishes, then find someone else.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Nah I am good.

Buddy, for whatever hurt you, I’m sorry, but you’ve already made your point several times. Now, could you give it a rest and stop bringing down the whole discussion?

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Nah I am good.

Buddy, for whatever hurt you, I’m sorry, but you’ve already made your point several times. Now, could you give it a rest and stop bringing down the whole discussion?

I am not your buddy, friend.

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

damn girl. May I recommend the book "think less live more"? This ones quite proficient at setting up their own misery

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

So that's what horny MILFs in your area actually look like.

To reply you must either login or sign up.