Forum › The Marriage Partner of My Dreams Turned Out To Be… My Female Junior at Work?! discussion

heavenbuster
Rsz_tumblr_n3y1mps9e11tr1hgao1_1280
joined Mar 16, 2017

That last page was filled with as much angst as 5 chapters worth of Citrus, holy shit. I have worries, so many.

Edit: This is fully translated it looks like and having looked them over, I have less worries.

last edited at May 10, 2022 2:24PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

M-mister ominous cliffhanger... why do you have to be a meanie? ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

wait a minute....

"[yuri]...formed by solidification at considerable depth beneath the ... surface."

...isn't that just gay pining? :D

Well, how did you think all that denseness forms? Pressure and time, my friend, pressure and time.

earthwormjim
Pat%20dixon3
joined Nov 6, 2021

this is pretty amazing, low the slow build up, so many manga just rushes it or you start with established relationship

joined Sep 11, 2019

I don't like what she's doing but I can sort of understand why she's thinking that

20220104_023724
joined Feb 11, 2013

Oh no, please stop senpai. I also get why she feels like that, but pls communicate instead of forcing something that you are not both ready to do. Hopefully they can resolve it together soon

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

I find this a very interesting, but rarely touched upon point in age gap stories. She is probably jumping the gun due to insecurities magnified by the earlier situation, but I also don't think she has a leeway to spend more than a couple of months on figuring out if it works for her on a fundamental level.

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Well, as the old saying goes...

That escalated quickly.

Screenshot_20220816-234512_mangazone
joined Sep 9, 2019

Senpai: We must talk about things we should talk about!

Also senpai: sexual harassment poggers

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Please, just talk to your girlfriend about your anxieties instead of forcing yourself on her.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

pull up, pull up!

e: i mean, i'm the same age as shiina and also still single, so i can empathise quite well...but i really hope this is only a momentary lapse

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 8:00AM

NightmareWeeb
Shiro
joined Oct 12, 2020

Hello, it’s me, your past insecurities.

I have come to bite you in the ass.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Kind of a typical mistake, rushing into things out of insecurity. It's actually fairly common in the gay community, I've sure experienced it a few times myself (^^) I hope Takagai will be able to see through that and help calm her down a bit, they seem to genuinely care about each other so there's some hope there.

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 9:05AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

All I can say about this new chapter is… OUCH

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Well I cant say it isnt realistic but I seriously wasnt expecting rape. Like what the hell?

joined Mar 15, 2015

This is one of those times when it's clear that the manga would have been better off if it had been a longer series.

Takagai's ex is a potentially interesting character, so it's a shame that we don't know more about their relationship, why they broke up and why they're still on good terms.

As for Shiina's desperation causing her to push things forward too quickly, it would have been better if the story built that up over the course of a few chapters, showing her gradually becoming more impatient until she hits her breaking point.

Without spoiling anything, the denouement of the series is also a bit rushed, since the climax is in Chapter 6, and once it' resolved, there's only one scene left to wrap it up.

I like this series, but it would have been significantly better with enough time for buildup and payoff.

joined Mar 15, 2015

Well I cant say it isnt realistic but I seriously wasnt expecting rape. Like what the hell?

It's not rape. Takagai firmly says no, and Shiina comes to her senses and apologizes, but things are awkward between them for the next chapter and a half.

If you're curious as to what happens and can't wait for the scanlators to upload Chapter 5, check out Renta. The chapter preview for Chapter 5 shows the resolution to this cliffhanger, but not to Takagai and Shiina's relationship problems.

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 10:33AM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

wow that took a dark turn. here i was ready to make a fingernail joke, but it doesn't feel appropriate anymore. bad shiina, bad!

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

What a repugnant turn.

last edited at Jun 14, 2022 1:27PM

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

It's not rape. Takagai firmly says no, and Shiina comes to her senses and apologizes, but things are awkward between them for the next chapter and a half.

If you're curious as to what happens and can't wait for the scanlators to upload Chapter 5, check out Renta. The chapter preview for Chapter 5 shows the resolution to this cliffhanger, but not to Takagai and Shiina's relationship problems.

Oh it is just attempted rape. Much better.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Eh, I don't think anything will happen. Shiina got into a bad mindset and if there was to be any actual assault aside from desperate "pindown" it would happen now, and not have a "cliffhanger" of this sort.
While of course, this isn't good, I gotta say this is a really neat story. To show how society can pressure you into certain things that affect you even when you're "Not entirely" as the society would like you to be. However odd that phrasing sounds. Even if you just look at it from an age gap perspective, worrying over those things isn't that odd. Although, as I said before, I think there's a lot more pressure on poor Shiina. While it doesn't make what she's doing justifiable, I still don't think it'll be an actual assault.
Also, I just noticed but this scene here is how this entire manga started huh.

And I have to say that after that last scene, the trivia page seemed a bit comical in terms of timing. "Anyway, that sexual assault attempt aside, here's some trivia about this place they had their first date."

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

All my thoughts on the chapter have been summarized above but I appreciate your work in trying to identify floor tiles!

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Oh it is just attempted rape. Much better.

it is "better" objectively.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

She should could explain with samples

joined Mar 15, 2015

Eh, I don't think anything will happen. Shiina got into a bad mindset and if there was to be any actual assault aside from desperate "pindown" it would happen now, and not have a "cliffhanger" of this sort.
While of course, this isn't good, I gotta say this is a really neat story. To show how society can pressure you into certain things that affect you even when you're "Not entirely" as the society would like you to be. However odd that phrasing sounds. Even if you just look at it from an age gap perspective, worrying over those things isn't that odd. Although, as I said before, I think there's a lot more pressure on poor Shiina. While it doesn't make what she's doing justifiable, I still don't think it'll be an actual assault.
Also, I just noticed but this scene here is how this entire manga started huh.

And I have to say that after that last scene, the trivia page seemed a bit comical in terms of timing. "Anyway, that sexual assault attempt aside, here's some trivia about this place they had their first date."

I actually once thought that the first scene was from the time when Shiina was drunk, but if you look closely, she's not wearing the same clothes as when she went out to the bar.

I also appreciate how the manga goes into how Shiina feels pressured to get into a relationship, and to a lesser extent, how her sense of inadequacy is worsened by how Takagi, a woman 10 years her junior, seems to be better at her job. The final chapter seems to indicate that while Shiina's a bit sad that she and Takagai can't get married, she's more at ease about her current state. Besides, the fact that she and Takagai catch the bouquet indicate that they might get married soon.

In all fairness to Shiina, while she is desperate, I don't think she'd go so far as to even attempt sexual assault. Once she comes to her senses, she's overwhelmed with remorse.

As for the trivia, that's one reason why the date and the meeting with Takagai's ex should have been in a separate chapter, and then there could have been a half-chapter worth of buildup before this cliffhanger.

To reply you must either login or sign up.