Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

joined Mar 21, 2017

Also, all the talk we had about visual cues, but what about Mitsuki's voice? Does she alter her voice when she is working? Why would Aya not recognise the voice?

That's what ive been wondering too. Even though the mask might muffle her voice a bit in public and she might sound a little different on the phone, there would still be some level of familiarity at least.

At this point I am betting that the reason the voice is ignored is because Aya really wants to believe it ain't a girl.
(jk)

Love is blind... and deaf :3

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Also, all the talk we had about visual cues, but what about Mitsuki's voice? Does she alter her voice when she is working? Why would Aya not recognise the voice?

That's what ive been wondering too. Even though the mask might muffle her voice a bit in public and she might sound a little different on the phone, there would still be some level of familiarity at least.

At this point I am betting that the reason the voice is ignored is because Aya really wants to believe it ain't a girl.
(jk)

Love is blind... and deaf :3

Thank god! It means I have a chance

joined Jul 21, 2020

That's what ive been wondering too.

Didn't we talk about this before? I swear, this debate is going on loops.

Yeah. That's how we filled 28 pages. ¯⧵_(ツ)_/¯

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Well, that just means new people who didn't have this conversation are coming in and sharing their pov. That's a nice thing, means more fans to the manga.

joined Jul 23, 2019

Lol Serenata is right this is kind of crazy.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Well that's it, no more discussions as everything has probably been covered now ;)

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

IDK WHY I JUST NOTICED THIS!

But in Ch. 8 when Mitsuki is cleaning off the black nail polish from her nails. There's a guitar next to her desk! Which alludes to this one piece artwork of Mitsuki performing in front of a crowd while Aya looks on

last edited at Jun 10, 2022 10:41PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

But in Ch. 8 when Mitsuki is cleaning off the black nail polish from her nails. There's a guitar next to her desk! Which alludes to this one piece artwork of Mitsuki performing in front of a crowd while Aya looks on

Hehe you're so right. But as things stand right now I believe it'll be a long time before Mitsuki joins an indie band and plays at a venue.

Of course, nothing stops her from playing privately for Aya...

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

People were talking about her voice, but honestly I think the reality is that Mitsuki doesn't talk enough to Aya at school for Aya to really have evidence to piece together "hey, record shop boy sounds a lot like that girl from my class."

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Hehe you're so right. But as things stand right now I believe it'll be a long time before Mitsuki joins an indie band and plays at a venue.

Of course, nothing stops her from playing privately for Aya...

Or maybe a solo presentation… She could be playing an acoustic version of a song in the concept art

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

People were talking about her voice, but honestly I think the reality is that Mitsuki doesn't talk enough to Aya at school for Aya to really have evidence to piece together "hey, record shop boy sounds a lot like that girl from my class."

The way I see it, we needn't analyze too deeply. It's like debating why doesn't Lois Lane ever realize that Superman sounds just like Clark Kent.

last edited at Jun 11, 2022 12:45PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Ch10 tomorrow. Let us pray.

Edit: No update this week. Sensei just warned us on twitter.
Hope they're ok and that they take it easy.

last edited at Jun 11, 2022 11:17PM

joined Dec 13, 2020

The way I see it, we needn't analyze too deeply. It's like debating why doesn't Lois Lane ever realize that Superman sounds just like Clark Kent.

Batman at least makes the effort to speak in a raspy voice very diff from Bruce Wayne's.
Maybe Mitsuki changes her voice too.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Batman at least makes the effort to speak in a raspy voice very diff from Bruce Wayne's.
Maybe Mitsuki changes her voice too.

Actually now that you mention it, i can't look at the that dynamic between Lois and Superman the same way again.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

I mean, they did actually address that in the 1978 Superman movie - there's a change in the way he speaks and his body language when Clark Kent becomes Superman. It's neat to watch in motion though.

I imagine it's a similar deal for Mitsuki, hence why the times where Aya feels like "She seems like the guy at the record store" Mitsuki's doing something that's uncharacteristic of how she usually acts.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

No update this week but...

Character descriptions! Character descriptions!
https://twitter.com/agu_knzm/status/1535826815201161216

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Uugghhhh how dare Mitsuki be so hot? Heck

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Uugghhhh how dare Mitsuki be so hot? Heck

both of them are super hawt
it should be illegal

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

Even though there was not an update this week, I am happy that Agu/Sumiko was able to provide these character descriptions to her audience. It must be a lot of work to create a weekly chapter in addition to her day-to-day life. Maybe she will give us two chapters next week? One can only dream...

joined Mar 21, 2017

Oh nice, not often you see Tragus (that little bit at the front of the ear) and Rook (the one in the middle of the ear on either side) piercings.

last edited at Jun 12, 2022 6:08AM

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

So Aya is definitely gay and into butches, but hasn’t realised it yet, right? Cause that’s the implication I’m getting from this. I’d bet any previous “older guys” types she was interested in were actually butch women and she just didn’t realise.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

I mean, they did actually address that in the 1978 Superman movie - there's a change in the way he speaks and his body language when Clark Kent becomes Superman. It's neat to watch in motion though.

I imagine it's a similar deal for Mitsuki, hence why the times where Aya feels like "She seems like the guy at the record store" Mitsuki's doing something that's uncharacteristic of how she usually acts.

The difference in postures that Mitsuki has in the character profiles between "at school" and "at her part time job" seem to show that she has a different atmosphere/feel/aura (whatever you like to call it) at each place and so helping the perception of her being two different people.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Ohhhh, she hasn't shown much interest in guys.
That's really gonna soften the blow when she finds out she was never interested in men at all.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

Always wears a sports bra

She's just like me FR.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Oh nice, not often you see Tragus (that little bit at the front of the ear) and Rook (the one in the middle of the ear on either side) piercings.

I liked the asymmetry in her piercings, apparently it’s quite the look among people who enjoy body piercing. She has 3 lobe ones on each ear but with the other areas she went crazy.

Helix (quite common after lobe piercings), Rook and Tragus.

Oh and it’s fun to see that her tattoo is apparently temporary. (The “She might change it” made me think that, I mean… how the heck can you cover this soundwave tattoo and make it look like something other than idk a blur in your wrist??)

To reply you must either login or sign up.