Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

joined Jun 11, 2016

ohhh backstory!!

Fuyu was much shyer than I expected, also I really like her long hair. That friend of hers probably rejected her :(

Wonder which highschool did Ririka's friends choose, and do they still talk now?

Miasmaphonia
Majyofin(1)
joined Feb 14, 2021

Thanks! Here's a bonus
yoshiokagigachad

(here's hoping it works)

Amazing. 10/10.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Vocabulary aside it all boils down to CHAD "fuyu we are lesbians now" Yoshioka and Virgin "nooo I can't be yuri" Watanabe. That was the 14th chapter. That's the whole manga.
Someone pls make this meme I have poor editing skills

https://i.postimg.cc/vZTPyQhp/watanabe-and-yoshioka-virgin-chad.png

Here you go queen (I dunno how to insert pics in a post itself, I did read the instructions but didn't get it)

I'm deceased lmfao

You can post pictures by formatting it like this:

!_[text goes here, if it was a link alone you'd be able to see it but since it's a picture it doesn't matter, you can also write down the brackets alone with nothing between them]_(the link of the picture goes here)

Like that, but without the underscores.

![]()

Thanks! Here's a bonus
yoshiokagigachad

(here's hoping it works)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!
I’m crying, this is beautiful

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

ohhh backstory!!

Fuyu was much shyer than I expected, also I really like her long hair. That friend of hers probably rejected her :(

Wonder which highschool did Ririka's friends choose, and do they still talk now?

We can see Ririka talking to her friend about her crush on Watanabe on Ch11 (first pages)

best girl kept her promise

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Can we all agree Watanabe became a Yuri Otaku because she’s a raging lesbian and that’s the best “sapphic consuming media because it’s gay” representation? So relatable (despite the yuri fundamentalist part)

joined May 1, 2015

I wonder if Ririka's grandmother was yuri too, but wasn't able to stay together with her love.
Ririka will break this cycle. She will get Fuyu.
Also ,Fuyu was a normie. I wasn't expecting that.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

It’s all coming together and it’s lovely

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

So that's how she got invested with yuri....
The first time I got invested in "yuri" isn't from yuri but a reverse harem one lmao.
Anyways I also think that Watanabe loves yuri shipping peeps is cuz it's something that she'll never have ;)) just a thought tho

last edited at Jun 9, 2022 8:20AM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah this certainly seems like Watanabe is going to become the person she is today because her crush rejected her possibly by going "no yuri is a fictional thing love between girls isn't real" at which point Watanabe throws herself entirely in her "Yuri" as a way to not have to face the real world where she is indeed a gay little girl.

Classy-Nessi
23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Lol this reminds me that if u dont have a foot in the otaku door, words like yuri would fly right over ur head.

03fca6214046e15b1cbd7ed7cd767b1a
joined May 26, 2020

Vocabulary aside it all boils down to CHAD "fuyu we are lesbians now" Yoshioka and Virgin "nooo I can't be yuri" Watanabe. That was the 14th chapter. That's the whole manga.

Here you go queen (I dunno how to insert pics in a post itself, I did read the instructions but didn't get it)

lovely, absolutely marvelous!

joined May 26, 2020

I'm deceased lmfao

You can post pictures by formatting it like this:

!_[text goes here, if it was a link alone you'd be able to see it but since it's a picture it doesn't matter, you can also write down the brackets alone with nothing between them]_(the link of the picture goes here)

Like that, but without the underscores.

![]()

Thanks! Here's a bonus
yoshiokagigachad

(here's hoping it works)

100/100, perfect depiction of Chad Yoshioka

joined May 26, 2020

At some levels, I can relate to how Watanabe got attached to Yuri, I was just watching magical girl site and the ending of it rlly shook me so I looked for similar contents to consume (that're less graphic ofc) and somehow when something difficult occurred to me, Yuri became one of my comforts (also helped me realize I like other gals)

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Ririka's old gyaru gang is so damn nice and supportive, I was expecting something way different :O No wonder she's so upbeat and comfortable in her own skin, she's been around really good people. Watanabe on the other hand is headed into something a lot more traumatic and I'm already cringing for her big time #_# Poor girl, I've definitly been there, about that same age too...

Miasmaphonia
Majyofin(1)
joined Feb 14, 2021

yeah this certainly seems like Watanabe is going to become the person she is today because her crush rejected her possibly by going "no yuri is a fictional thing love between girls isn't real" at which point Watanabe throws herself entirely in her "Yuri" as a way to not have to face the real world where she is indeed a gay little girl.

If they're going the route that the crush rejected her (either because "yuri isn't real" or just a flat rejection), I really hope she doesn't show up later to start some kind of love triangle.

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

BWEEH~

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

If they're going the route that the crush rejected her (either because "yuri isn't real" or just a flat rejection), I really hope she doesn't show up later to start some kind of love triangle.

I hope the girl is a yuri denier and watanabe won’t have anything to do with her while she’s busy with her awesome gf yoshioka. i don’t want a love triangle, i want jimiko x gyaru and gay panics

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

YAY THANK YOU
Oh boy we're getting an extended flashback!?!? yes

Man the gyarus are so wholesome. I don't look forward to seeing Watanabe descending into her depressive identity crisis! She seemed cute and well-adjusted in MS.

The translation was much clearer this time around!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I hope the girl is a yuri denier and watanabe won’t have anything to do with her while she’s busy with her awesome gf yoshioka. i don’t want a love triangle, i want jimiko x gyaru and gay panics

let's not forget that Watanabe seems to have gotten some messages from Mikan-chan which certainly does imply she's about to re-enter the story in the present

last edited at Jun 9, 2022 9:15AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

let's not forget that Watanabe seems to have gotten some messages from Mikan-chan which certainly does imply she's about to re-enter the story in the present

watanabe can always ignore the messages. it seems like she has been doing that so far (she’s in her second year of HS after all)… i don’t think watanabe needs closure from her former crush. at least i hope she doesn’t need closure, this can break yoshioka’s heart

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Oh, it seems to have started quite innocently. Can't wait to see where the mental break happened with the real world.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Can we all agree Watanabe became a Yuri Otaku because she’s a raging lesbian and that’s the best “sapphic consuming media because it’s gay” representation? So relatable (despite the yuri fundamentalist part)

That fundamentalist label really made me chuckle. I suddenly imagined an Inquisition =I= casting light upon those who stray from "pure" yuri. Ha!

Img_20190914_203449_543
joined Apr 14, 2020

Mikan & Nanako are the Best Wingman of the Year

Classy-Nessi
23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Ok now that ive looked at it long enough, i officially really like fuyu with her hair down and i need moar of it.

joined Oct 13, 2018

yeah, that's what I don't want too, there are still a couple of directions that can go through.
I was thinking about some kind of convoluted "save your love for me later I'm not ready yet" but that doesn't seem so and even if they have random love triangle drama it probably resolves in just a couple of chapters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.