Forum › Walk to Death discussion

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Huh. Well, let's see how this plays out...

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

oh no, he's a cannibal too? i mean if he's a 79, why not go full 80 on the extreme scale am i right?

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

They way Aoya was talking, he clearly “needs” various human body parts for some reason. Whether that’s just to eat them or for some other purpose, we don’t know. He also keeps going on about killers not being human anymore, so maybe that plays into it somehow? Is he implanting his victims organs in himself or something? Trying to become “human” again by replacing his body parts? Or is he just building a Meat Dragon? Who knows.

Aoya doesn’t seem like a purely impulsive killer to me. He’s been planning this out for 2 years now. There’s definitely some bigger reason he’s killing all these people, but it’s hard to guess at at this point. This manga is a lot of fun.

last edited at Jun 4, 2022 5:05AM

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

If Tokiko dies, so much for me thinking she was the main character the whole time. What a good twist and suspense.

joined Mar 1, 2018

Aoya doesn’t seem like a purely impulsive killer to me. He’s been planning this out for 2 years now. There’s definitely some bigger reason he’s killing all these people, but it’s hard to guess at at this point. This manga is a lot of fun.

This manga is a lot of fun! My thoughts are thinking that after he tried to kill himself, he found his perfect prey: Tokiko. He might have been dismembering the bodies as practice for Tokiko too. As for cannibalism, I don't think I'm going to go that far with the idea but it is possible as he sees himself as a monster.

joined Aug 21, 2017

If Tokiko dies, so much for me thinking she was the main character the whole time. What a good twist and suspense.

That'd be a crazy twist. I doubt it'd happen though, since she's on the front cover.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Man, life ain't easy for Tokiko.
Family tries to murder her, then her whole family dies, then she's attempted murdered again? Rough times.

20220104_023724
joined Feb 11, 2013

Still a bit fuzzy on why he went after Tokiko and her friend. Surely he wouldn't be worried about witnesses if he was just going to kill himself so did he just see her and think, "that's a kid that needs to die"? It's not like he had seen her do anything particularly monstrous

Unless she did murder her teacher and lied about the events on that trip. Witnessed the rising of a new monster.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Humm, I didn't even realize this manga is not yuri yet it is quite entertaining! I am enjoying it greatly, I am hoping Tokiko does have some sort of mysterious power!

joined Aug 29, 2019

I liked that setup. Reminds me of the mountain area in Far Cry 5 (spoilers ahead), where the antagonist makes you fight your way through a simulated fortress to kill an NPC in a drug-induced haze, several times over, with very few changes to the level.
Until the last repetition, at the end of which it is revealed that not only our character was conditioned to get through that "simulated" fortress to kill that NPC without questioning it, but we, the player, were. My favorite moment of that game, when you pop a cap in the NPC at the end almost out of habit and realize how you f*cked up.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I do like that while the three of them were having their conversation on who the killer might be and started talking about how the killer would have to be someone who is intimately familiar with police procedures to the point of either being a retired cop or a reporter who works closely with the police Akiyama immediately has a moment "ah uh oh, I think I know who it is"

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

ahhh the good old vampire killer from Sacramento, indeed they could be pals.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Inb4 Ai's the one who came up with dismembering people...
It has to be the psycho-child trope, don't it?

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

He really is the vampire killer…

joined Aug 21, 2017

I see through this author's bait thanks to the bird poop cliffhanger. Or maybe that's what they WANT us to think...

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

ohkay, I see what role Aoya plays in this story now, he's the lesson to Tokiko to show her how she looked to her family when they were grieving. That's fun

This really is just secretly the story of how Tokiko grows up and learns how to care about other people.

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 3:38PM

joined May 10, 2021

Fam considering how slow this is going (not complaining tho) I don't don't believe all the people in the last page will die

joined Mar 1, 2018

Fam considering how slow this is going (not complaining tho) I don't don't believe all the people in the last page will die

I hope not. I really like the girl and her friend.

joined May 1, 2013

Well, she almost certainly just ate one of them, right? And it's not the people talking in the professor's office. soooooooo

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

Kinda want someone to point out to him that full body cell replacement takes 7-10 years, not 2. You’ve got another half decade at least before you’re ‘pure’, fucko.

joined Mar 19, 2022

And also, that doesn't really happen to your brain, which is the only part of your body that actually makes you, you. You could put my brain in a new body and I'd be the same person.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Kinda want someone to point out to him that full body cell replacement takes 7-10 years, not 2. You’ve got another half decade at least before you’re ‘pure’, fucko.

Please don't. If he knew that he would just kill even more people.

Seriously this dude's logic is fucked.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

I guess he's the obsessive kind then.

joined Jun 5, 2018

I like that the author actually referenced a real murder case. This makes the story here a lot more believeable. In fact, I really like how he is potrayed, because he is convinced of himself, and from his logic, everything he does makes sense. So not only is he a consistent character, even the premise he is based on is realistic (albeit extreme.)

last edited at Jun 7, 2022 6:45AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Poor Aoya. The last guy that tried to murder Tokiko managed to trip and fall on his own knife. The people who conspired with him were smashed by an AC and run over by Truck-kun. He really chose the wrong mark.

To reply you must either login or sign up.