Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

What an awesome uncle.

Already planning her wedding for her first romance, though?

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

What an awesome uncle.

He is drunk

Noodvatar100
joined Apr 13, 2021

Ah I thought she was going to call her and instead listen to the band together. Sounds smooth and cool in my head but it'd probably just come off as creepy, having some random unknown number calling you to live stream loud music.

last edited at May 16, 2022 1:00AM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

One possible direction for this to go would also that gyaru realises that classmate and store guy are similar, but thinks they are siblings or something and then approaches the girl in class because of that

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

One possible direction for this to go would also that gyaru realises that classmate and store guy are similar, but thinks they are siblings or something and then approaches the girl in class because of that

i hope she approaches the classmate bc she’ll realise they’ve got similar tastes (in ch04 mitsuki clearly indicates to gyaru that she likes what she was listening), and at some point she’ll think “oh how cool to have a classmate that listens to the same songs AND a cute rocker boy who messages me”, while mitsuki is just gay panicking because she’s now one of the friends who listens to gyaru-chan talk about her crush and can’t say a thing cuz she’s already deep into this lie

(i kinda want a drama route so the story can last longer)

joined May 13, 2022

Ahh a new chapter!!! <3 <3 Im so invested I can't even describe it

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

If we just had one more chapter, green could dominate the "most popular" section of Dynasty's landing page.

damn. we almost had it.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

I check Dynasty Reader every single day for updates from this artist ... honestly her artwork keeps me going through the day-to-day )))

This this artstyle is so beautiful

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I check Dynasty Reader every single day for updates from this artist ... honestly her artwork keeps me going through the day-to-day )))

This this artstyle is so beautiful

not as beautiful as your pfp tbh

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I live for this now :)

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

Not yet! I need to give it a listen! I wonder what other music suggestions we will get from this series haha

hopefully some japanese grindcore like Morbid Axe or Flagitious Idiosyncrasy In The Dilapidation. I want to clear the room type shit to be referenced

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Not yet! I need to give it a listen! I wonder what other music suggestions we will get from this series haha

hopefully some japanese grindcore like Morbid Axe or Flagitious Idiosyncrasy In The Dilapidation. I want to clear the room type shit to be referenced

I for one hope we get some recommendations like Yorushika and BAND-MAID. But perhaps the author will stay within the american/english music sphere.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

Love the art

joined Apr 28, 2019

This style is everything to me!! Love this SM!!

joined Mar 8, 2022

love this series and had no idea it was being translated, was using google translate very badly on my phone before to get an idea of the story from the authors twitter and my life would have really been so much easier if i had just seen this first...

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

What an awesome uncle.

He is drunk

He didn't seem drunk when he told her to go for it. He knows what's up.

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

yeah,go girl!

that's a good uncle right there

joined Jul 22, 2014

the art, the story everything is already so great and i love it already, cant wait for more! Thanks to the artist for existing and whoever translates these and uploads them here!! <3

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I hope we get to see gyaru-chan's name next since they'll be texting on lime. I've fallen in love with the characters, I'll help uncle-san pay for the marriage

P.S: No one here noticed that Mistuki’s tattoo is probably an Arctic Monkeys tattoo? It’s , like, half of the AM album cover. (I can’t attach images for some reason but… yeah)
Realised it on my 3rd read, I was thinking I saw this tattoo somewhere

last edited at May 19, 2022 10:14PM

joined Apr 17, 2022

P.S: No one here noticed that Mistuki’s tattoo is probably an Arctic Monkeys tattoo? It’s , like, half of the AM album cover. (I can’t attach images for some reason but… yeah)

Maybe, but sound waves have been used on numerous things.

The artic monkeys cover is just two AM waves.

last edited at May 20, 2022 3:53PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

The only iconic ones I can think of are Arctic Monkeys and Joy Division. Her tattoo looks like an AM wave, but I don’t think she’d just pick this as a tattoo for random reasons (someone who owns band merch a.k.a is up to date with their logos wouldn’t get a random tattoo). My bet is that she also digs Arctic Monkeys. Alt girl being alt. Tumblr aesthetic, etc.

joined Apr 17, 2022

The only iconic ones I can think of are Arctic Monkeys and Joy Division. Her tattoo looks like an AM wave, but I don’t think she’d just pick this as a tattoo for random reasons (someone who owns band merch a.k.a is up to date with their logos wouldn’t get a random tattoo). My bet is that she also digs Arctic Monkeys. Alt girl being alt. Tumblr aesthetic, etc.

Even if it's not from that album cover it's still music related either way.

I was a 90's alt teen (tapes, radio and magazines), what is the tumblr aesthetic?

last edited at May 20, 2022 9:04PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I was a 90's alt teen (tapes, radio and magazines), what is the tumblr aesthetic?

(quick rant)
the "tumblr girl" aesthetic is basically a soft grunge style. dark tones, band t-shirts, ripped jeans, flannels, combat boots, tattoos, piercings and a lot of black mascara. the e-girls nowadays are kinda reviving it but the "tumblr girl" from the 2010s is just... different. it's very "rocker" and indie inspired.
outside of fashion, this aesthetic mainly focused in alt/indie rock bands like arctic monkeys, the 1975, radiohead, oasis, etc, and for the ones not really into (pop) rock, lana del rey.

here's some vid refs: https://youtu.be/I0ws480H_Hs ; https://youtu.be/eChWBSGeRR4 ; https://youtu.be/gjv0F_3yrWE
(they mention the problematic parts of this whole aesthetic, so... TW)

i was a tween in the early 2010s so I remember it very well. sometimes I have war flashbacks of 2014 tumblr, that's why I thought of the AM tattoo

last edited at May 21, 2022 12:00AM

joined Apr 17, 2022

(quick rant)
the "tumblr girl" aesthetic is basically a soft grunge style. dark tones, band t-shirts, ripped jeans, flannels, combat boots, tattoos, piercings and a lot of black mascara. the e-girls nowadays are kinda reviving it but the "tumblr girl" from the 2010s is just... different. it's very "rocker" and indie inspired.
outside of fashion, this aesthetic mainly focused in alt/indie rock bands like arctic monkeys, the 1975, radiohead, oasis, etc, and for the ones not really into (pop) rock, lana del rey.

here's some vid refs: https://youtu.be/I0ws480H_Hs ; https://youtu.be/eChWBSGeRR4 ; https://youtu.be/gjv0F_3yrWE

i was a tween in the early 2010s so I remember it very well. sometimes I have war flashbacks of 2014 tumblr, that's why I thought of the AM tattoo

Sounds like 90's alt fashion just with more modern technology. Like it's not that far off in terms of clothing choices. I had combat boots as a teen and in my 20/30's

last edited at May 21, 2022 1:48AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

(quick rant)

Sounds like 90's alt fashion just with more modern technology. Like it's not that far off in terms of clothing choices. I had combat boots as a teen and in my 20/30's

yeah, fashion is always recycling ideas. it recycles so much that this trend is resurfacing less than a decade later and people are back to wearing 90s inspired outfits with a modern twist.
i’m 21 and i kinda want some combat boots so i don’t feel left out on the 90s revival. i had my “all i own is band t-shirts” phase as a teen tho, kinda had to donate all of them bc they didn’t fit anymore :(

but still, i think mitsuki’s style is more “2010s take on 90s fashion” than what we saw in the 90s and what we are seeing now.

last edited at May 21, 2022 9:09AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.