Forum › Sugar wa Otoshigoro discussion

joined Apr 17, 2017

Gouma-Den, THANK YOU TEAM FOR PICKING IT UP AGAIN!!<3 I can't wait to see where it goes its been years.

runrin Staff
Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

gouma-den picking this up means it'll be completed in no time. thanks very much for your hard work.

i hadn't seen this one before, but its pretty interesting, especially how the main characters' imagination kinda blends with reality.

can't wait for the next chapter.

joined Nov 16, 2013

After a decade I can't believe this has been picked up again, I'm so so thankful! This has always been one of my favorites. It was super meaningful to me as a teenager for how grounded and human it felt compared to any other manga I'd read. To think I'd be thirty and still just as invested in seeing the ending, I think my younger self would find something comforting in that.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

I don't know what the story is wanting to be but it seems interesting since its updating again

Yuu%20lying%202%20copy
joined Apr 6, 2014

After a decade I can't believe this has been picked up again, I'm so so thankful! This has always been one of my favorites. It was super meaningful to me as a teenager for how grounded and human it felt compared to any other manga I'd read. To think I'd be thirty and still just as invested in seeing the ending, I think my younger self would find something comforting in that.

100% agree with this. Thank you so much for picking this up! Looking forward to reading through the end :)

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

I am SO glad this is picked up again. This thing has been sittin unfinished in my favorites list for years

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

This is the first manga in awhile, or maybe the first one, that I cannot handle it. I tried reading it, and tried to give it another chance and read the next chapter. The story sucks, and the MC really sucks, and to think of that guy sucks but not a whole lot better than the MC and Asami.
Too many dream sequences, basically the plot just moves so slow I gave up at 5, then read backwards the last two. Enough. I'm not even sure how much Yuri is this. The guy plays a much bigger role than most of Yuri, AND is important in the plot. It feels like the absolute opposite of 404, assuming you really can call it Yuri. I'd rather say it is a josei.

Images
joined Jan 10, 2022

why this does not have the het tag?

last edited at May 12, 2022 8:53PM

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Ugh, remember this is a quite old manga and the author isn’t bond with yuri so she just make a mes

Mikooo
joined Dec 10, 2021

Why the fuck isn't she back yetttt oh my god. And why does this loser can't get a hint, she said no multiple times and ughhh. Men in mangas infuriates me and that's why we turn to YURI. ISTG IF SHE DOENST CKME BACK NEXT CHAPTER OR IF THIS DUMB FUCK GET MORE SCREEN TIME THAN EITHER OF THE MCs, I'M DROPPING THIS BULLSHIT.

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Oh sick, multiple comments in a row amounting to "There are men in my f/f fiction!" If y'all don't care for it, a large majority of works on this very site will cater to you.

I'm both lamenting and grateful to my not discovering this manga until now, when scanlation is approaching completion. Keiko's doubtful enthusiasm and Tsubaki's dread-laden coyness both hit me so hard in relation to my past mistakes, such that the reading feels a tiny bit excruciating. I can recall few instances of YA/seinen fiction as accurate about lazy slides into obliteration, or the fumbling exploration of kids into questions they'll never answer.

Oh, and the art is stunning.

last edited at May 15, 2022 5:22AM

joined Nov 16, 2021

Can i erase this from my memory?

joined May 10, 2021

Huuuuuuuuuh... What the heck was that? So they both hate each others (more or less) and he went for the rape move? Got it.

Mikooo
joined Dec 10, 2021

Fuck this godforsaken piece of garbage, fuck whoever wrote this. I wish I never picked it up omg I'm gonna throw up

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Oh.

That felt out of nowhere.

joined Apr 28, 2022

I can see what the author is going for but having this happen sucks shit. Narratively it certainly recolors every interaction and conversation with Honda, but man. I don't think it necessarily had to go, or at least graphically show it, this far to make that point.

Deffo a rough chapter without a more blatant warning cuz i don't know how much "foiled rape attempt" really covers it tbh

joined Apr 22, 2021

Well, that's a nope from me there. And also, I really wouldn't call that "foiled rape attempt"

joined Sep 6, 2018

Well, that's a nope from me there. And also, I really wouldn't call that "foiled rape attempt"

I agree. “Rape” tag should be included.

I would like to have “Bad End” tag come back.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Bruh what the fuck is this lmao

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Damn nevermind I don't want to continue this

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

I still really want to finish this, it's really a mess, scenario and characters and these shitty situation. Why a rape attempt two chapters before the ending? It was impossible in the author mind to just keep this plain guy character as a big creepy stalker and never going further?

joined Oct 16, 2016

why this does not have the het tag?

More like why this even have a yuri tag at all if every rape/sexual/romantic situation in it happens between a guy and a girl and other girl to make it valid yuri will never be present in it anymore.
Giving it yuri tag is a bit misleading by the content the author gives in it after all, we can say this was never a yuri manga at all, just weird coming out of age story with some side yuribaiting.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

On second thought, this manga should have ended with chapter 12. What a hot mess this turned out to be.

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Well my opinion of that guy just plummeted off a cliff

joined Apr 28, 2022

Yeah okay we really are just completely brushing past the part that he raped her in the last chapter by joking about his dick instead cool cool.

I hate that I'm the fucking kind of person to keep reading out of curiosity cuz god damn this story has burned up all my goodwill

To reply you must either login or sign up.