Forum › Sugar wa Otoshigoro discussion

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

For a yuri manga, you have more scenes of man fucking or trying to fuck our MCs than the two girls experiencing with each other. And the dude trying to rape the girl out of nowhere. And of course the rape subject won't be treated at all. This is so f*ck up.

joined Jun 3, 2014

^^^
Exactly this, even tho she wasn't as hard on him as you'd like the way she handled it was in line with her personality.

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

TR6Queenly posted:

Yeah okay we really are just completely brushing past the part that he raped her in the last chapter by joking about his dick instead cool cool.

eibon06 posted:

For a yuri manga, you have more scenes of man fucking or trying to fuck our MCs than the two girls experiencing with each other. And the dude trying to rape the girl out of nowhere. And of course the rape subject won't be treated at all. This is so f*ck up.

Except we didn't? When she's says to him twice that "do you think anything you say will make it go away, she's talking about him almost raping her. And then she outright acknowledges that even if he didn't manage to penetrate her, it still counts as rape. Sure, she's no rushing to the police station or isn't acting all traumatized, but she repeatedly tells him to not follow her, that their relationship is over and that he's better off death. It hardly seems to me like series just brushing it off or not treated properly.

Oh please that's barely acknowledging it.

last edited at May 19, 2022 9:52AM

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Oh crap what's happening, I dunno if I'm glad I haven't read spoilers or not

last edited at May 19, 2022 12:19PM

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

That`s akwfud, however seeing the author other works, she does bad relationship

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, there you have it.

You now know why the previous scanlators dropped it like a hot turd and no one picked up this trash in 10 years.

last edited at May 20, 2022 5:47AM

joined Jun 11, 2021

...alright lol. that was a waste of time. what a complete mess of a story. thanks for finishing this anyway.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

kind of unfortunate that it played out pretty much exactly like how we were told it was going to happen by TB. because it really does end up feeling like that last chapter is how thing could have played out if there had been more chapters.

Even then though, this ends up missing the mark for me, it showed a lot of promise at the start with two characters who are both deeply unhappy with their life finding solace in each others presence and grow to be happier because of it, and then nope Asami simply disappears and that's it. Here's 5 chapters about how Keiko wants for nothing more than to see her again but she won't. It set up an interesting story but unfortunately it really did not deliver a satisfying conclusion and that kind of sucks, haha.

last edited at May 22, 2022 9:24AM

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Unbelievable, what a big crap manga. Still, thanks for the translation.

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Well that's the end, what the freak. Well I sure do hope they get married though

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, the “mysterious, elusive love object disappears and is never found again” story is hard to pull off satisfactorily, and this one doesn’t.

Thanks to the scanlator for finishing it, though—I always wondered what happened to/in this story.

last edited at May 22, 2022 11:11AM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Ya gotta wonder what's worse, an unfinished manga with a promising start that keeps you wondering for years what might happen, or the same manga getting finished to find out it ultimately goes nowhere...
I guess if it was finished and I was to find it for the first time, the tags themselves would have made me pass on it.

Thank you for your scanalating efforts on this.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Puffs, the author could easily make this dilusion scene an actual timeskip with more yuri.
But seeing after all this time, the author never do more yuri she maybe never take it seriously enought

joined Nov 16, 2013

Honestly, I do understand where everyone who hates this is coming from, but personally, these final chapters only further cemented it as one of my favorite manga of all time.

"It set up an interesting story but unfortunately it really did not deliver a satisfying conclusion and that kind of sucks, haha."

Talk about the story of my life! I've been both of these girls to different people at different times, sometimes the confused pining sap wondering what happened, and other times the sad mysterious beauty who disappears without a trace. Sometimes you find out what happened with that other person, but most of the time you don't. In turns you want desperately to know their life and have an imagination racing with possibilities, and by the other you are the object of intrigue who went through that life and know how mundane all of it was, the good times and the awful ones, and just want to be seen as a person. I mean hell when a co-worker found out where I grew up recently, we had a miniature version of that chapter where she imagined that whole crime story only for her to reply "no we basically just huffed glue lol"

I feel like this was one of very few stories to capture these feelings specifically BY its ambiguity rather than in spite of it, because the story isn't about the specific things that did or didn't happen to her--it's the tension, the wanting, the not knowing, the disappointment, but, most importantly, the genuine love that was shared. Does that love not exist, did it not matter if they didn't end with a kiss? Wouldn't the rest of those feelings be undercut if we were given a definitive answer and a tidy resolution? In other words, yes, it is unsatisfying, but as I get older and face more dissatisfaction, the more I appreciate a story that is specifically about the fact there are things that are unsatisfying, painful even, but are still worthwhile and meaningful to have experienced. Things that hurt, but you wouldn't trade for the world.

That juxtaposition between the heightened imaginary and the mundane reality is why I think the assault scene was included. After all, she spends so much of the story weaving these stories in her head of seedy intrigue with prostitutes and gangsters and being forced into sleeping with bad people, and then all of a sudden she's put into a pretty horrible situation herself. And it IS awful and it IS scary, but it's also stupid and clumsy and she still has to leave the hotel with this fucking guy and deal with the rain and go to school with him and live a normal life. It's an unthinkable thing to do to someone, but he's not a monster lurking in the shadows, he's not trying to control her life, he doesn't seem to have done it for any reason at all or even really think about it. It doesn't make sense, there's no satisfying reason it happened or what it means or how to conclusively react to it to get closure. It is one of the worst things to experience, and yet is completely mundane. That isn't everyone's experience with assault, certainly, but it is mine.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to read that, for being deeply upset after reading it, but for me, this is one of very few times I have felt understood, and reading something that reflected my own life.

Thank you so much for finishing this, this is one that's going to be sitting with me for many years to come.

joined Jan 3, 2015

Im one that wasnt satisfied with the ending seeing as I use yuri to scape reality in search of heartwarming feelings but its extremely valid endind for that feeling of unfinished story of them, realy relatable. So i agree with the coment of Arm444

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

im grateful to the scanlators for finishing this very old manga but wow... the ending was more unsatisfactory than I would have liked. Realistic tho, sometimes people leave or pass away and all the questions don't get answered and not everything gets tied up all neatly with a bow at the end. But I've got my fill of that in real life so-

At least it wasnt too yuri because if it was and still ended like this I would have been gutted.

joined May 28, 2015

This is just awful. 3 volumes for nothing. The yuri aspect was just ... there. A tiring yuri. More than a friend, but never a couple. Just Besties who will never assume their feelings and who will encounter all the trouble in the world to be together.
The delusion at the last chapter fell like a troll. I sense that they wanted to do something with two girls caring for each other, but it's just awfully made. And the big problem is the dude... Trying to rape someone out of nowhere, and not even evoking the subject after, just WTF !
This manga is a story about a girl who want to become a prostitute to get fuck and another story about a girl who is a rumored prostitute and the mistress of mysteries and between this two story a teasing/trolling of a "yuri" manga.
I really hope this is the first and last attempt of the author to make a "yuri" manga.

joined May 28, 2015

TR6Queenly posted:

Yeah okay we really are just completely brushing past the part that he raped her in the last chapter by joking about his dick instead cool cool.

eibon06 posted:

Except we didn't? When she's says to him twice that "do you think anything you say will make it go away, she's talking about him almost raping her. And then she outright acknowledges that even if he didn't manage to penetrate her, it still counts as rape. Sure, she's no rushing to the police station or isn't acting all traumatized, but she repeatedly tells him to not follow her, that their relationship is over and that he's better off death. It hardly seems to me like series just brushing it off or not treated properly.

So telling him to fuck off is treating the subject. She just brushed off the subject, that's all. He will not change his mind after she tells him what he was trying to do was bad. And even see after she tells him to go away, he didn't. He doesn't care. There are the best way to discuss this subject and here is just brushed off.
Some people are traumatized after being harassed, molested or even kissed, so rape... It's not because he didn't penetrate her that it's less grave. He attempted to, it's just like he did it. Moreover, in this case he had all the power to do it. The only that stop him, it's because he couldn't have a hard on. He is a fucking rapist.

last edited at May 22, 2022 3:32PM

372cd35a-2e1f-49c9-8be3-1bbde4735038
joined May 20, 2020

Thank you so much gouma-den for picking this up ! I always wanted to know what happened after all these years and was not disappointed. Definitely shaping up to be one of my favorite yuri manga. Armitage444 wrote a superb comment that put into words what I was thinking about this work : the tension of not knowing what is true or a lie, the day dreaming and overthinking but the truth of their shared love.
It's a shame that it was cut short like that, but this kind of bittersweet ending really fits here !

Streptococcus pneumoniae
00213_opt
joined Sep 23, 2017

Well, there you have it.

You now know why the previous scanlators dropped it like a hot turd and no one picked up this trash in 10 years.

^^^^ Totally agree

joined Sep 6, 2018

If I could throw a rotten tomato at this manga, I would have thrown the rotten tomato. Ah, well, not all mangas on this website are perfect.

There should be a tag for mangas that deserve to be labeled “Better read something else”.

This suggested label would be the opposite of “Wholesome”.

last edited at May 22, 2022 7:18PM

joined Jun 3, 2014

I think the ending is pretty decent for being axed

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Honestly, I do understand where everyone who hates this is coming from, but personally, these final chapters only further cemented it as one of my favorite manga of all time.

"It set up an interesting story but unfortunately it really did not deliver a satisfying conclusion and that kind of sucks, haha."

Talk about the story of my life! I've been both of these girls to different people at different times, sometimes the confused pining sap wondering what happened, and other times the sad mysterious beauty who disappears without a trace. Sometimes you find out what happened with that other person, but most of the time you don't. In turns you want desperately to know their life and have an imagination racing with possibilities, and by the other you are the object of intrigue who went through that life and know how mundane all of it was, the good times and the awful ones, and just want to be seen as a person. I mean hell when a co-worker found out where I grew up recently, we had a miniature version of that chapter where she imagined that whole crime story only for her to reply "no we basically just huffed glue lol"

I feel like this was one of very few stories to capture these feelings specifically BY its ambiguity rather than in spite of it, because the story isn't about the specific things that did or didn't happen to her--it's the tension, the wanting, the not knowing, the disappointment, but, most importantly, the genuine love that was shared. Does that love not exist, did it not matter if they didn't end with a kiss? Wouldn't the rest of those feelings be undercut if we were given a definitive answer and a tidy resolution? In other words, yes, it is unsatisfying, but as I get older and face more dissatisfaction, the more I appreciate a story that is specifically about the fact there are things that are unsatisfying, painful even, but are still worthwhile and meaningful to have experienced. Things that hurt, but you wouldn't trade for the world.

That juxtaposition between the heightened imaginary and the mundane reality is why I think the assault scene was included. After all, she spends so much of the story weaving these stories in her head of seedy intrigue with prostitutes and gangsters and being forced into sleeping with bad people, and then all of a sudden she's put into a pretty horrible situation herself. And it IS awful and it IS scary, but it's also stupid and clumsy and she still has to leave the hotel with this fucking guy and deal with the rain and go to school with him and live a normal life. It's an unthinkable thing to do to someone, but he's not a monster lurking in the shadows, he's not trying to control her life, he doesn't seem to have done it for any reason at all or even really think about it. It doesn't make sense, there's no satisfying reason it happened or what it means or how to conclusively react to it to get closure. It is one of the worst things to experience, and yet is completely mundane. That isn't everyone's experience with assault, certainly, but it is mine.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to read that, for being deeply upset after reading it, but for me, this is one of very few times I have felt understood, and reading something that reflected my own life.

Thank you so much for finishing this, this is one that's going to be sitting with me for many years to come.

This is a really nice sum of the story. I am glad someone can put it to words!
Also, I really appreciate the translator for picking this up!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what springtime is like
On Jupiter and Mars
In other words hold my hand
In other words
(choking up a bit)
Darling kiss me.

joined May 23, 2022

So where is Asami? I don’t understand the ending .

To reply you must either login or sign up.